Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I assume it influences the calculations of whether it shows up in the suggested/related/whatever sidebar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

How do I get fire extinguisher out of my clothing, bedding, mattress, shoes, hats, everything?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Throw it away. Seriously, it's way more work and not worth it to clean, unless you're sleeping underneath an armani bedsheet or something.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Giant Squid posted:

How exactly does it help a youtube person if I give his video a thumbs-up?

It's an ego boost primarily, but in a video search you can sort by rating.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Black Noise posted:

How do I get fire extinguisher out of my clothing, bedding, mattress, shoes, hats, everything?

First step would be figuring out what type of fire extinguisher it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_extinguisher#Types_of_extinguishing_agents

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
If you have a translucent plastic lighter you can see a tube, connected to the bottom of the valve, going down almost to the bottom of the reservoir fully in the liquid butane. Why's the tube there? Wouldn't you want the gaseous butane from the top of the reservoir and have the bottom of the valve just not have a tube? Why doesn't it spew liquid butane having that tube?

edit: My science comes from loving around with canned-air pc duster stuff and assuming it probably does not have a tube, why you get gas when right-side up, liquid when upside down. You get liquid no way from a lighter.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 18, 2012

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
The butane in the lighter is under pressure - butane is gas at 1 atm, and liquid under pressure. Holding the button down opens a valve, and pressure in the lighter forces liquid up through the tube. As soon as it exits the valve, it becomes a gas, and catches on fire. I'd guess they do it this way so you get a larger volume of butane gas through a smaller hole.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Edit: Nvm found my answer

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 18, 2012

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Meat Recital posted:

First step would be figuring out what type of fire extinguisher it is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_extinguisher#Types_of_extinguishing_agents

Monoammonium phosphate

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Does Marvel or anyone make like puzzles for adults? Like a 900 piece spider-man puzzle or anything?

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Black Noise posted:

Monoammonium phosphate

I once set off a powder extinguisher in my bedroom, it was a pretty unpleasant experience, but http://www.ehow.com/how_4812206_up-after-using-fire-extinguisher.html basically describes the steps I used to clean up. I don't know whether it was the same chemical though.

If that doesn't work, I think the elemental opposite to fire extinguishing powder is Fire, so you may want to try getting rid of it with fire?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I am desperately trying to recall a power rangersesq show from the 90s that involves teenagers fighting in sore type things on circuit boards. Does anyone know what I'm trying to remember?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I am desperately trying to recall a power rangersesq show from the 90s that involves teenagers fighting in sore type things on circuit boards. Does anyone know what I'm trying to remember?

Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yessssssss thank you so much. A huge part of my childhood that I've long forgot is rushing back to me.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Gravity Pike posted:

The butane in the lighter is under pressure - butane is gas at 1 atm, and liquid under pressure. Holding the button down opens a valve, and pressure in the lighter forces liquid up through the tube. As soon as it exits the valve, it becomes a gas, and catches on fire. I'd guess they do it this way so you get a larger volume of butane gas through a smaller hole.

More like they do it this way so they can cram more butane into each small lighter, extending its life. If it was unpressurized gas in the lighter, it'd be gone in a heartbeat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know what would actually happen to your hand if it got stuck in a garbage disposal? GIS (I don't recommend this) brings up some really nasty pictures but I am skeptical that they are actually of hands that were destroyed by disposals.

My guess is that if your hand got caught in one it would likely gently caress it up and probably break a finger or two, assuming you has the sense to pull it out right away. I would imagine someone would have to force your hand in to really tear it up.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Could some non-Americans fill me in on how much media coverage US presidential elections get in their country?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Is there a specific word for a long, tree-lined driveway?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
A question.

This evening, I was going to make a frozen pizza for dinner. When I opened it, there were a number of rodent droppings. How would I go about telling the folks at Newman's Own that they might want to step up quality control? Is there a tactful way to do this sort of thing?

Douche Bag, it gets what most people would say is entirely too much coverage. A candidate's every action is scrutinized. Perhaps 10 minutes out of a 30 minute nightly newscast is purely politics. It's far, far worse on 24 hour cable.

Volcott fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 20, 2012

Mencils
Mar 12, 2012

Volcott posted:

A question.

This evening, I was going to make a frozen pizza for dinner. When I opened it, there were a number of rodent droppings. How would I go about telling the folks at Newman's Own that they might want to step up quality control? Is there a tactful way to do this sort of thing?

You can file a product issue here.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

stubblyhead posted:

Is there a specific word for a long, tree-lined driveway?

The closest term I can think of is avenue:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/avenue

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

kimbo305 posted:

The closest term I can think of is avenue:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/avenue
Confirmed, the question being "I am racking my brains trying to come up with a suitable tree to plant along my driveway to create a lovely, shady avenue"

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Volcott posted:

Douche Bag, it gets what most people would say is entirely too much coverage. A candidate's every action is scrutinized. Perhaps 10 minutes out of a 30 minute nightly newscast is purely politics. It's far, far worse on 24 hour cable.

He said NON Americans.

Here in England, it's not getting much coverage at all. There's stuff on the internet and in newspapers but they're minor stories, I've yet to see it on the news.

When it gets near decision time it'll step up, though - or at least it did when everyone here was rooting for Obama.

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Douche Bag posted:

Could some non-Americans fill me in on how much media coverage US presidential elections get in their country?

Not much in main-stream Australian media. We do have one weekly spot covering the US elections called Planet America, but you can classify it as a comedy news program.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/planet-america/ <- link contains video that auto loads.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Is the search feature on SA currently down or is it just me?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Douche Bag posted:

Danish media have reporters in important primary-states, where they interview voters. Most times they visit their home and family and talk about how their chosen candidate will affect their life is he's elected. Then they report on the result the next morning (Danish time of course), and that's it. They covered the debates, if the candidates said something stupid, but nothing beyond that.

About 5-8 minutes per night of "big" primaries. 1-2 minutes in the morning.

The general election will be covered more closely.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Can someone tell me if there's a better all-in-one printer deal than this in Australia?

http://www.oo.com.au/Lexmark-Prospect-PRO205-Profes_P109477.cfm

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I'm looking for some really obscure but simple app here:

I need a transparent image floating on top of everything else on my desktop, not registering mouse clicks (ie if I click it, the input goes to the window behind it). A digital version of having trace paper stuck to your monitor basically, mac or windows doesn't matter.

Thanks goons :)

E: nevermind, it turns out Afloat does all this: infinite-labs.net/afloat/

My PIN is 4826 fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 20, 2012

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Benjamin Black posted:

Is the search feature on SA currently down or is it just me?

It's not working for me either, returning "No results were found matching your search" when searching for any term.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Douche Bag posted:

Here in Switzerland its mostly just news of which candidate won in which state. Of course the more stupid stuff gets a bit more coverage (Rick Perry not knowing which federal agency he wants to close down and stuff like that). Theres not too much about the candidates themselves, mostly just that they're all hardcore right wingers from our(Switzerland) point of view.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

WillieWestwood posted:

Confirmed, the question being "I am racking my brains trying to come up with a suitable tree to plant along my driveway to create a lovely, shady avenue"

Do a trellis and plant ivy or wisteria or something on it :3:

edit: Oh drat that wasn't actually the reason someone wanted to know. Uh no small questions here, but my bug problem from earlier seems to have gone away :iiam:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
*edit- No answer, so I'm removing it.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 23, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm going down to a job interview later and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my suit pants and jacket since I'll be driving my motorcycle. Do you think it'll be terribly wrinkly if I carefully fold it in a backpack and haul it down on my rack, then like change in a fast food place bathroom? I'm hesitant to just wear a suit for a 45 minute ride because I'll probably get oil on it or something, but a couple minutes to the business I'm going to should be alright.

Is there any special way I can fold the thing so it won't get wrecked during the commute?

As an addendum for the future, is there like, special luggage you can use to transport suits that you can't hang from a hook in a garment bag? Ones that'll strap nicely to a motorcycle rack?

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 20, 2012

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm going down to a job interview later and I'm trying to figure out what to do with my suit pants and jacket since I'll be driving my motorcycle. Do you think it'll be terribly wrinkly if I carefully fold it in a backpack and haul it down on my rack, then like change in a fast food place bathroom? I'm hesitant to just wear a suit for a 45 minute ride because I'll probably get oil on it or something, but a couple minutes to the business I'm going to should be alright.

Is there any special way I can fold the thing so it won't get wrecked during the commute?

As an addendum for the future, is there like, special luggage you can use to transport suits that you can't hang from a hook in a garment bag? Ones that'll strap nicely to a motorcycle rack?

I've dealt with this before as even on business things, I always travel all grungy-like with a backpack, or with bike panniers. Sometimes my sleeves get the tiniest bit wrinkly but that's only when I'm careless.

Without a special bag, you can:
turn the blazer inside out, including sleeves
after that, pop the shoulders inside out, too
lay it down flat
fold it carefully as you would

There are special bags that are sort of like a garment bag, but they have rigid segments that basically holds a steady fold for you. Emulate this by just folding the piece over some segments of cardboard. Try to enclose the whole folded apparatus in something semi-rigid (more cardboard?), put it in a soft bag, and then strap that rigid thing down flat to the back of your bike. I'd avoid wearing them in a backpack too much - try to keep it horizontal.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Shenadigins posted:

Can someone tell me if there's a better all-in-one printer deal than this in Australia?

http://www.oo.com.au/Lexmark-Prospect-PRO205-Profes_P109477.cfm

Look at ink costs for that brand compared to other brands before you buy.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
What do you call a pony tail in which the hair tie is wrapped around only the ends of the hair, rather than near the skull? The only examples I can think of would be if Disney's Princess Jasmine had only the lower hair band instead of both.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Stupid question, but I have my road test on Thursday (shameful for my age, I know, but I live in NYC and could get by without driving for a really long time). One area I'm not really comfortable with is how to adjust my car while parallel parking if I'm either too close or too far from the curb as I near the end of backing up into the space (with the wheel turned all the way to the left). I keep trying to rationalize in my head what to do in either situation, but I'm not sure if my reasoning is sound. Here's what I got:

1) If I'm too close to the curb (i.e. my rear wheels are going to hit the curb if I keep reversing), I should stop, put the car in drive, pull forward a little bit, put the car in reverse, turn the wheel all the way to the left, back up until I feel I'm a good distance from the curb, and then straighten out (?)

2) If I'm too far from the curb, I should put the car in drive, turn the wheel all the way to the right, pull forward a little, then straighten out (?)

I'm not too great with mechanics and spatial imaging, so if you can explain the reasoning behind the proper actions to take as well, that would be extremely helpful. If anyone can provide video, diagrams, or even crude MS paint illustratons if they feel that it'd help, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am Chinese, but I think this is more of an issue of me being terrible at most things I do than my ethnic group being inherently worse at driving.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Perhaps this will help?

I haven't actually had to parallel park for ages, to be honest, but I'm reasonably certain that's how I'd normally do it when I had to, I think. To be honest, though, unless you're using your mirror to do so, you kinda do need to have some idea of where your wheels/bumpers are.

Also, the NYC resident thing is probably more damning than whatever you associate being Chinese with. My friend is Chinese, and moved to NYC. He had no problem parking his car except finding a spot. It really just takes practice.

If you can spend a lot of time today, I'd maybe get out to the suburbs/ a large parking lot (like a mall or something) with some garbage cans or something you can use to substitute for cars, and just practice like mad.

To be honest though, unless you're doing something particularly unpleasant, like trying to parallel park on a hill in a standard, it isn't too tough, it's just something ingrained in popular culture as "difficult." Part of it is really just a mental, rather than mechanical aspect.

e. On reviewing that picture, that's a lot of space, and I'm reasonably certain my general method is to turn the wheel right far earlier, maybe when my front wheels are in line with the front car's front wheels, and then spin to left lock when I'm past their right wheels. But that was in a nice, small hatchback, with the wheels fairly close to the front end of the car. This worked pretty well in most situations. Honestly, your best bet is to just get a bunch of practice in a low-stress situation; as much as you can before the test. Also, unless NYC's test is much more strict and I'm remembering wrong, if you do everything else fine, a small mistake probably won't result in you failing.

Either way, good luck!

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 21, 2012

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Centzon Totochtin posted:

.. parallel parking ..

You mention "all they way" right or left. You shouldn't be in that position unless you are swinging the front the the vehicle in or out of the spot. Over correction is a common issue with just about all aspects of driving. Unless it's a pretty tight space you should be able to maneuver in and out without cranking hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know of any software that can keep an inventory of my CD collection? Preferably free. Bonus if I can somehow use my phone to scan barcodes.