Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, and this is gonna sound really weird, I felt sorry for beating guys up in AC and I didn't in AA. Why, do you ask? In AA they took over the prison, they killed all the guards and everything and were planning to take over the city next. In AC though, they are simply IN prison. Other than whatever they did to get in there, they haven't done anything wrong yet. There are no guards inside for them to kill, and most of them just desperately want out and to not die of hunger or freezing or having a supervillain kill them.

Yeah, but I don't attack those guys. I attack the ones who shout "It's Batman" and run up and try to hit me with a baseball bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
If anyone here likes the PS1 Final Fantasy games but thought they were too expensive, they are all on sale from now until next Tuesday.

They are all $4.89 each for Playstation Plus members and $6.99 each for everyone else.

PS1 FF titles available: Origins, Tactics, V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Aphrodite posted:

It's like that in DCUO too. Gotham's East End has every part that matters.

Well yeah, because the West End is under siege by Brainiac.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but I don't attack those guys. I attack the ones who shout "It's Batman" and run up and try to hit me with a baseball bat.
But they're the same guys. I don't understand where their motivation comes from. Shouldn't they just find a quiet corner of Arkham city to hunker down in? Enemy motivations in action games is important to me drat it!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm pretty sure their motivation is to severely wound/cripple/capture Batman and take them back to their respective crime lord for fame or a possible escape.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

But they're the same guys. I don't understand where their motivation comes from. Shouldn't they just find a quiet corner of Arkham city to hunker down in? Enemy motivations in action games is important to me drat it!

Well, a lot of them are doing that. Gotham just has an abnormal amount of assholes in it. Must be something in the water.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh good lord just when I thought Resonance of Fate couldn't get any more amazing, I just realized that Assault Wolves in Aetersyl have pistols for dicks. Their attack involves rearing up on their back legs, and shooting you, with their pistol dicks.

Have I said best game yet? Because, best game.

Also the weapon you find there, in the beginning, holy moly. :stare: Still working my way through but drat this might make it a biiiit easier.

e. actually looking in the bestiary it appears that I was wrong the gun is just on his hip. Still looks hilarious when it attacks though :P

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 21, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Aphrodite posted:

Some Ammo powers raise your capacity when activated. Could that be it?

This is probably it and I'm just loving retarded because as far as I can tell no one else on the entire internet is having this problem. :saddowns:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Is any of the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon DLC worth it? I noticed they're on sale this week, but they're all so pricy. Do I need any of it to enjoy or am I good vanilla for the most part?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I can't believe how terrible Ninja gaiden 3 is, I just can't. This must be some sort of cruel joke played on Itagaki to make him see his serie fail at new heights.

Anyone who thinks getting this because you previously enjoyed previous NG titles, stay the heck away from this piece of trash.
Remove all the exploration, all the upgrades, all the items that allows you to survive from the previous titles and add in repetitive fight hubs to fight hub gameplay mechanic and bam, you got NG 3

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know how good of a job they did in HDing Rayman 3? I remember really liing that game despite some flaws and the PS+ price makes it awfully tempting.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
It's funny; I was pissed because I forgot to remove all other games from my Gamefly queue before Ninja Gaiden 3 came out and so they sent me Tales of Graces F instead. After seeing the reviews both games have gotten, I'm glad I forgot. I quietly removed NG3 from my queue just now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Just beat Resonance of Fate and Holy poo poo. What a game. I can see why some people might want a sequel to explain some of the stuff that happens, but I would rather see a prequel/sidequel novel or, better yet, a technical manual. A technical manual explaining how Basil works would be absolutely amazing.

Code Jockey: I didn't end up using that gun, why is it so amazing? It has an extra grip slot, yes, but you end up losing one space for barrels for it. I'm losing 12% CA if I put it on there from Short Sub-Barrels alone.

Now to try something else for a while, and take on the secret optional dungeon. Jesus gently caress the secret optional dungeon is difficult.

Fake e: Welp, the credits ended as I was typing this up. Want a sequel now, that's all I'm saying.

aaand I found the artbook with story and world notes. Too bad it's in Japanese and I don't read a word of that!

bbcisdabomb fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 21, 2012

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I would buy the gently caress out of a backstory/technical book about RoF. Also, want that artbook.

Yeah maybe the gun isn't as earth shattering as I thought, I think I was just happy to have found a new gun, and yeah once I got playing around with it a bit I realized its slight shortcomings. Oh well, more guns is never a bad thing. :colbert:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
The Resonance of Fate artbook is fantastic. Probably my favorite one that I own. If you can find it for a good price, definitely pick it up.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Okay I haven't touched RoF in ages and I was on like the last chapter grinding the arena, so while we're still talking about it, I have to ask.

Can you actually move where the gun itself is in the customization area? I've seen screens of it in the corner, in the dead middle, etc. Yet I never noticed anything that would let me move it. Was I just missing an obvious option?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Overlord K posted:

Okay I haven't touched RoF in ages and I was on like the last chapter grinding the arena, so while we're still talking about it, I have to ask.

Can you actually move where the gun itself is in the customization area? I've seen screens of it in the corner, in the dead middle, etc. Yet I never noticed anything that would let me move it. Was I just missing an obvious option?

Pick an accessory, and when you're going to place it use the right stick to move the gun.

Didn't realize that either at first but boy does it open one's options up. :v:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Overlord K posted:

Okay I haven't touched RoF in ages and I was on like the last chapter grinding the arena

Don't do this. It's not worth it. Really.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Crowbear posted:

Man, I'm about halfway through ME3 now and it's pretty much exactly what I expected. I'm enjoying it a ton on the whole but there are some parts that are just terrible.

-The ~~dream~~ sequences are completely awful.

-The absolutely absurd number of coincidences that occur to allow you to meet up with literally every character in the series ever is kind of immersion breaking (oh hey let's go to a Salarian science station! Guess what?! Literally every Salarian you've ever met just so happens to be posted there yay!).

-There have been way too many completely unearned :airquote: emotional :airquote: scenes for my liking.

-A bunch of side missions are basically recycled multiplayer maps.

But despite that, there's a lot to like. The main plot is pretty fun, I still love the combat, and I'm suprised at how much I'm enjoying the multiplayer. I thought I would play it just enough for Trophy/Achievement purposes, but I've actually done way more than that, it's pretty rad.

The coincidences are really annoying I agree. You know what's worse? If you let characters die in ME2 they have almost identical ME3 counterparts that pop up anyway.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Pick an accessory, and when you're going to place it use the right stick to move the gun.

Didn't realize that either at first but boy does it open one's options up. :v:

Oh! Well then, that should make things a hell of a lot more interesting for me when I try going back to it. Thanks man.

bbcisdabomb posted:

Don't do this. It's not worth it. Really.

Ahaha I was grinding it up so I could get monster drops, thankfully. I have noooooo plans to grind out the arena entirely for trophies.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Revitalized posted:

Is any of the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon DLC worth it? I noticed they're on sale this week, but they're all so pricy. Do I need any of it to enjoy or am I good vanilla for the most part?

I think the planes are worth it at full price, so I guess I would suggest getting those. The skins are cosmetic only, but each one you download/unlock can be fitted with a custom paint scheme of your choice. I purchased a bunch of the skins and all the added aircraft for the game and I got plenty of enjoyment for my money. It sucks that NA PSN users wont have access to Skull leader, from macross, VF-1 F-14D paint scheme that was released recently on the JP PSN.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I also liked how you could tell who the thugs have sided with. Dr. Hugo's thugs are swat team, Joker's are dressed like clowns, Two Face, half of their suits are burned, etc.

Arkham City goes to crazy lengths with detail and this is just one of my favorite examples. Not only does every Super villain have thugs with various models dressed up in their theme, but after you take out Penguin early on what happens to his goons? They join up with Joker or Two-Face and you start seeing their uniforms modded to fit a second super villain theme.

Rocksteady is just crazy with detail. Two-Faces' courthouse is trashed on one side and pristine on the other. Penguins' museum is one big twisted trophy case for his sadistic ego. The outdoors doesn't feel copy and pasted because every inch is either covered in an objective, a riddle challenge or a little Easter egg reference. Some people prefer the scope and focus of AA, but I feel that there is much more reward to taking in the atmosphere in City which is ultimately the incentive to take off the detective vision some people wanted.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Question: isn't Shadow of the Colossus HD supposed to play in 1080p? I got it from the european PSN, but it seems to play only in 720p. It still looks great, I guess. :(

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I can't believe how terrible Ninja gaiden 3 is, I just can't. This must be some sort of cruel joke played on Itagaki to make him see his serie fail at new heights.

Anyone who thinks getting this because you previously enjoyed previous NG titles, stay the heck away from this piece of trash.
Remove all the exploration, all the upgrades, all the items that allows you to survive from the previous titles and add in repetitive fight hubs to fight hub gameplay mechanic and bam, you got NG 3

Sounds more shallow than a $0.99 iOS app.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Krad posted:

Question: isn't Shadow of the Colossus HD supposed to play in 1080p? I got it from the european PSN, but it seems to play only in 720p. It still looks great, I guess. :(
Nope, it's only in 720p.

mendipbus
Mar 16, 2006
Anyone looking into getting port royale 3? (from what I gather it comes out friday in the uk),deciding whether to get this or armoured core 5.

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but it does pertain to the PSN. I noticed on my bank statement this morning that Sony charged me for 2 items yesterday, one for $9.99, and one for $14.99. I haven't bought anything on the PSN since Journey came out for the PS+ subscribers, and I didn't receive any emails from Sony as I usually do when I purchase something from the PSN.

Is my account hacked, or will these charges disappear (they're still listed as pending in my bank account) due to Sony just testing my account to see if my card info is correct and exists?

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

WaffleStomp posted:

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in, but it does pertain to the PSN. I noticed on my bank statement this morning that Sony charged me for 2 items yesterday, one for $9.99, and one for $14.99. I haven't bought anything on the PSN since Journey came out for the PS+ subscribers, and I didn't receive any emails from Sony as I usually do when I purchase something from the PSN.

Is my account hacked, or will these charges disappear (they're still listed as pending in my bank account) due to Sony just testing my account to see if my card info is correct and exists?

You should check you recent purchases and downloads immediately, if they don't show up on your account, I would contact Sony and your Bank to get help, because you might have a credit card thief on your hands.

Susat fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 21, 2012

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, Sony isn't going to test your debit card like that. As mentioned, check your transaction history, and if you don't see anything new that you purchased, call your bank and Sony immediately.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Revitalized posted:

Oh god, no. Maybe if you fancy yourself flying a specific jet like a Harrier only in online or Free Mission otherwise don't even bother.

Namco is terrible at pricing DLC.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Crows Turn Off posted:

Nope, it's only in 720p.

That sucks. At least I'll stop thinking that something's wrong with my settings.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

mendipbus posted:

Anyone looking into getting port royale 3? (from what I gather it comes out friday in the uk),deciding whether to get this or armoured core 5.

Wow uh I'd never heard of Port Royale 3 until just now and it looks pretty fun. I love Sid Meier's Pirates! and this looks like a more in-depth, serious version of it. Thank you for bringing this up! I'm totally gonna import it from the UK when I get the chance.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Welp, guess I'll put off doing my last couple of ME3 playthroughs until this comes through!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/21/2890005/mass-effect-3-ending-to-be-retooled-in-response-to-complaints

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Crowbear posted:

Welp, guess I'll put off doing my last couple of ME3 playthroughs until this comes through!

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/21/2890005/mass-effect-3-ending-to-be-retooled-in-response-to-complaints

Nuts. I was hoping they wouldn't do this. Bowing to whiny fans is not a precedent I'd like to see set.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Morpheus posted:

Nuts. I was hoping they wouldn't do this. Bowing to whiny fans is not a precedent I'd like to see set.

Bioware fans are the absolute worst.

I mean, I haven't seen the ending yet (should get there later today! I just pulled an ME3 all-niter :suicide: ) but there's no way it's bad enough that it justifies complaining to the BBB and organizing protests and poo poo.

Still, Justin McElroy summed up my feelings on this decision (and a lot of my problems with the game) just now

@JustinMcElroy posted:

This shouldn't be a surprise, Mass Effect 3 constantly puts fan service ahead of plausibility and narrative momentum.

Pretty much every industry person I'm following on twitter is... let's say strongly against the ending change.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's okay guys, it'll all be okay

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Crowbear posted:

Man, those comments are insufferable. But I think it balances out the terrible people on the side who wanted the ending changed. For every valid argument there are always a couple of terrible people who miss the point.

Edit:

Crowbear posted:

I mean, I haven't seen the ending yet (should get there later today! I just pulled an ME3 all-niter :suicide: ) but there's no way it's bad enough that it justifies complaining to the BBB and organizing protests and poo poo.

So innocent. If I had a dime for every person who thought this before beating the game I could retire and live like a king forever.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Crowbear posted:

Still, Justin McElroy summed up my feelings on this decision (and a lot of my problems with the game) just now

Pretty much every industry person I'm following on twitter is... let's say strongly against the ending change.

People complaining to the BBB are obviously over the top, but the ME3 ending is just awful. It is inconsistent with the rest of the game, it's inconsistent with itself, it's full of plot holes, it's just objectively bad. Especially for a 100+ hour trilogy that you had to spend around 180-200 bucks on to play, it's a horrific ending, and them releasing a new ending is pretty much the only way that I'll even consider buying another Bioware product. But to each their own.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Harlock posted:

It's okay guys, it'll all be okay

Oh man, I just looked it up and this totally isn't a photoshop :suicide:

How does this happen? What's the connection? I mean, I get the ME3/Amalur stuff because of the EA thing, but why FFXIII-2? It makes no sense!

Jimbot posted:

So innocent. If I had a dime for every person who thought this before beating the game I could retire and live like a king forever.

Palleon posted:

People complaining to the BBB are obviously over the top, but the ME3 ending is just awful. It is inconsistent with the rest of the game, it's inconsistent with itself, it's full of plot holes, it's just objectivelly bad. Especially for a 100+ hour trilogy that you had to spend around 180-200 bucks on to play, it's a horrific ending, and them releasing a new ending is pretty much the only way that I'll even consider buying another Bioware product. But to each their own.

Well I guess I'll find out soon, I think I'm only a couple of missions away from the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomodok
Dec 9, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crowbear posted:

beat the game before you form an opinion on 'whiny bioware fans' being the 'absolute worst'.

those fans of bioware that are "the absolute worst" are the ones defending the ending :ssh:

• Locked thread