Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.

Pandanaut posted:

Speaking of, who and how is everyone rolling right now? I'm currently using the explosives dude with the shotgun and I have found that I really enjoy that. I found that a lot of the assault rifles take way too many bullets.

Currently I am loving Recon, going invisible then either executing or filling them with lead from the combat SMG or my lovely Samurai Edge. Loving this drat game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Boxing Snatcher posted:

Currently I am loving Recon, going invisible then either executing or filling them with lead from the combat SMG or my lovely Samurai Edge. Loving this drat game.

I need to save up and get the Samurai Edge. I got the special edition at no extra cost and the handgun they give you there sucks.

However, the cowboy shotgun is a thing of beauty. :allears:

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I've been using assault but I haven't really settled on a special ability. The -bullet damage and crazy fast reloads are nice.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I love Assault. I've got Guns A' Blazin' maxed set with the Mob Special on Lupo, so whenever I run into a pack of guys I just turn it on and unload everything at once. On that level with the gas station, I managed to mow down the entire enemy team as they ran through this alley connected to their spawn point.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
Just got this an hour ago, hopped into a game of really bad 12 year olds but it was still fun to blast zombies.

If you could add me to the group that would be sweet
GT is Jzmisgoo

Jzmisgoo fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 21, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

I'm playing as Party guurrrl! so that I can drive my teammates nuts by obnoxiously screaming some kind of sonar sound into the mic every time I use her ability. Otherwise playing as Four-eyes and demanding that no one kill my pet zombies in the name of science or driving zombies crazy with her hot pheromone action.

Updating the meta-tag in a while and I'll be playing off and on tonight.

EDIT: Also constantly trying to horribly imitate a Japanese accent yelling "I can feel the T-Virus inside of me!"

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 21, 2012

Rupture Farms
Aug 19, 2004

Just a rittle plick

Pandanaut posted:

However, the cowboy shotgun is a thing of beauty. :allears:

Amen to that, My current loadout is Beltway with that & the default pistol, Still saving XP for the Samurai Edge. Although Pump-Action is nice for when Crimson Heads get within Kissing distance. I'm still going through all of the automatics and the only one I'm really comfortable with so far is the Mini-SMG. the Heavy Machine Gun is also pretty good for crowd control. Its saved my rear end a few times when I was Bleeding out.

On an unrelated note, The Hunters are beefed in this game, you can only hit them in the soft tissue in the midsection, otherwise bullets bounce right off them. In my experience, unless you're really good with the grenade launcher, hit and run. I died so many times at that Gas Station it's not funny.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Playing as medic with heavy machine gun. I can't hit poo poo, but when I do, it loving hurts. Plus never letting off the trigger is hilarious.

Having something to cure infection and health right off the bat is nice though since I end up playing support more often than not. Also on spec ops the big american biker dude is fun if only because I get to make pervy sounding offers to heal to my male teammates and go AMERICA gently caress YEAH.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Any 360 goons up for some (gametype here)?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Just got it installed, can I get added to the metatag? gt: avmachine

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Holy poo poo with Guns A' Blazin' and the Cowboy Shotgun I am just like Herschel in The Walking Dead.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pandanaut posted:

Holy poo poo with Guns A' Blazin' and the Cowboy Shotgun I am just like Herschel in The Walking Dead.

Useless after a mental breakdown caused by the death of his last kid?

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Any up for campaign? If not then versus?

Gt: Its a trapzorz

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thefullmetal999 posted:

Any up for campaign? If not then versus?

Gt: Its a trapzorz

I'm wrapping up a level right now but if you shoot me an invite I'm game once it's doen. GT: Zurcher

FlashFearless
Nov 4, 2004
Death. But not for you, Gunslinger. Never for you.

Yeah I still get kind of caught off guard by how beefy the hunters are compared to the RE games.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FlashFearless posted:

Yeah I still get kind of caught off guard by how beefy the hunters are compared to the RE games.

At least they don't instakill anymore though. I'll accept that as a trade.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Len posted:

At least they don't instakill anymore though. I'll accept that as a trade.

I like that wimpy little nerd slap they try to do when you kill one sometimes. Seriously who gets close enough to a Hunter for that to hit?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Just tried my hand at multiplayer and I kicked so much rear end I got a S-rank.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Are all RE:ORC goons on 360 or something?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Revitalized posted:

Are all RE:ORC goons on 360 or something?

I'm wondering the same.

I rented the game on xbox but on which console will the player base still be on after a month or two? I'm thinking ps3 due to :japan:

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm on the playstation! You can add me and play sometime. Name's WASDFF on PSN

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Holy poo poo the campaign is so much more fun with real people. Though the first round after the transition to veteran was a bit of trainwreck what with the ability to tackle and throw zombies at each other.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I'm wondering the same.

I rented the game on xbox but on which console will the player base still be on after a month or two? I'm thinking ps3 due to :japan:

Oh drat your post just made me realize this is in the red box. Problem solved, cause I'm not buying this thing.

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
So apparently when you melee a zombie with O and then X, you do a brutal kill? I went through almost the entire game before figuring that out. I still have no idea how you're supposed to use the zombies as shields. I guess I should probably read the manual.

What the gently caress was with the double Mr. X fight? Nemesis seemed really, really hard too. Some of the boss fights in this game seem really unbalanced in single player. Same with the BOW swarm levels. As I've played the game and unlocked more stuff, it's become more fun though. I think I will finally start multiplayer tomorrow.

And does anyone know how to change costumes? Or is that only in multiplayer?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Nails posted:

So apparently when you melee a zombie with O and then X, you do a brutal kill? I went through almost the entire game before figuring that out. I still have no idea how you're supposed to use the zombies as shields. I guess I should probably read the manual.

What the gently caress was with the double Mr. X fight? Nemesis seemed really, really hard too. Some of the boss fights in this game seem really unbalanced in single player. Same with the BOW swarm levels. As I've played the game and unlocked more stuff, it's become more fun though. I think I will finally start multiplayer tomorrow.

Shield is just hold the melee button, thats it. You can also do a character unique execution by pressing melee then your ability button but your meter must be full.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nails posted:

Mr.X times two didn't really feel all that hard because of how slow the fight went. Just take your time, dodge, and let the AI bother it. On the other hand, I have no idea how you're supposed to really fight Nemesis. That battle is just ridiculous. Zombies, Spec Ops, and the boss all fighting you at once and apparently you're supposed to just blow up the barrels when its near them or something?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ORC is to the Resident Evil games what The Resident Evil movies are to the uh, Resident Evil games. This poo poo sucks.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

ORC is to the Resident Evil games what The Resident Evil movies are to the uh, Resident Evil games. This poo poo sucks.
Im enjoying it and considering buying it after renting it from the redbox today. The multiplayer can get awesomely hectic when bullets are flying everywhere and you're running past zombies.

Also, the ending is hilarious if you choose to side with Leon. Hey we have been following Umbrella the whole game! Oh, you won't pay us three times the money? Well gently caress you, we are going to destroy Umbrella! I can understand them not giving Sherri to Umbrella, but the whole "destroy Umbrella" thing was a stretch.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WASDF posted:

I'm on the playstation! You can add me and play sometime. Name's WASDFF on PSN

You have been added sir.

NESguerilla posted:

Except that ORC is at least fun to play.

blackguy32 posted:

Also, the ending is hilarious if you choose to side with Leon. Hey we have been following Umbrella the whole game! Oh, you won't pay us three times the money? Well gently caress you, we are going to destroy Umbrella! I can understand them not giving Sherri to Umbrella, but the whole "destroy Umbrella" thing was a stretch.

Well the destroy umbrella part was probably partly because they were left for dead at one point

e: if there is an ORC2 made by some more competent developers, give us more Wesker!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

For a game that debuted by announcing itself as a What If? scenario and talking up killing Leon, ORC really doesn't do much loving around with what was established in past games.

Aside from (potentially) killing Leon and Claire, you kind of just hang out in the background of major events. It isn't until the end of the RE2 events that it does something that wasn't previously established in past games. I kinda wished for more crazy scenarios, like I remember Capcom talking about Wesker potentially being in this game. What happened? J.C Douglas not want to show?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

NESguerilla posted:

Amusing and generally fun?

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

Policenaut posted:

Aside from (potentially) killing Leon and Claire, you kind of just hang out in the background of major events. It isn't until the end of the RE2 events that it does something that wasn't previously established in past games. I kinda wished for more crazy scenarios, like I remember Capcom talking about Wesker potentially being in this game. What happened? J.C Douglas not want to show?

Clearly saving Wesker for the sequel.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Mr.X times two didn't really feel all that hard because of how slow the fight went. Just take your time, dodge, and let the AI bother it. On the other hand, I have no idea how you're supposed to really fight Nemesis. That battle is just ridiculous. Zombies, Spec Ops, and the boss all fighting you at once and apparently you're supposed to just blow up the barrels when its near them or something?

I played as Four Eyes and sicced my army of Crimson Heads on him. Went down like a chump. Program Infected rocks.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

What is everyone's loadouts? Characters that they play as?

Im rolling with Lupo using the ravager assault rifle and Guns a blazin with the default pistol (Im trying to save up for the samurai edge).

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Im usually field scientist with the pheromone grenade, ravager and samurais edge. I like beltway alot too

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ran Four Eyes in the campaign, but I'm finding the pheromone grenade to not be as useful online as I was hoping.

Online I pick Vector, because his additional run speed and cloaking is pretty sick. Mainly it's just really nice to cloak and then melee stunlock someone (oh god how am I suppose to do this 10 times in one match) or cloak, get up close, and then unload my semi-auto shotgun into their face. At such a close range, the shotgun knocks them on their rear end, and then it's fun times from there.

Is the Samurai Edge really good? I have the Matilda from the weapon DLC which is nice, but the I have like 27k exp and I'm trying to decide between the MOB Special or the Samurai Edge. (Picked up a MOB special during a match and it was glorious)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I just added a bunch of you as friends on Xbox. This game surprised me in that I know its got its problems, but the gameplay is just a great blend of different things that makes it interesting. That moment when you make someone bleed and all the monsters swarm them is euphoric.

my GT is: Blackguy32

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Revitalized posted:

Ran Four Eyes in the campaign, but I'm finding the pheromone grenade to not be as useful online as I was hoping.

Online I pick Vector, because his additional run speed and cloaking is pretty sick. Mainly it's just really nice to cloak and then melee stunlock someone (oh god how am I suppose to do this 10 times in one match) or cloak, get up close, and then unload my semi-auto shotgun into their face. At such a close range, the shotgun knocks them on their rear end, and then it's fun times from there.

Is the Samurai Edge really good? I have the Matilda from the weapon DLC which is nice, but the I have like 27k exp and I'm trying to decide between the MOB Special or the Samurai Edge. (Picked up a MOB special during a match and it was glorious)

The Samurai Edge is nine sorts of insane. I've already gotten over 800 kills from it alone.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Should we start a new thread strictly for RE:ORC stuff, or is this one fine? I was thinking we could add gamertags and PSN screennames as well as good weapon layouts and also using it to set up games and stuff. But then again, that stuff is just fine here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bertha with the multiple sprays for SP and the one that gives you a damage reduction for multi.