Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mangue
Aug 3, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

15 more weeks, give or take, and I get to hold my little girl and stop worrying about all this.

You'll just have a whole new set of things to worry about!

As for tummy time, my little one is about 6 weeks old now. She tolerates tummy time a lot better than when she was younger but still fusses a bit sometimes. I think, in general, babies have a lot to get used to in the first couple months of life so anything new can really freak them out at first. Like anything, time and repetition will help them to get over scary tummy time or terrifying bath time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prolonged Shame
Sep 5, 2004

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Also, I'm curious about tummy time. When do you guys do it? For how long? How do you keep them engaged instead of getting frustrated and crying?

My little guy hated tummy time at first. He would just mash his face into the blanket and scream until we picked him up. We eventually tried propping his chest up on our boppy while doing it. This forced his neck to work and gave him something to look at. He totally dug on that. Now that his neck is stronger he doesn't mind tummy time because he can look around at things. He's 3 months old. I guess that means I'm off to the parenting thread!

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

So you're not that special. Welcome to the human race!
I'm a lurker in this thread, so I hope it's not inappropriate for me to ask this. (I am 10w pregnant, which is why I'm reading!). I've been wondering how chrysoula is doing. She hasn't posted since February and I was following her story. Just feeling concerned about her.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

I have a question about getting back into sex. Did you guys wait the entire 6 weeks before having sex again or did you start up a little bit sooner? I'm going to be 4 weeks post-partum on Thursday and I've been raring to go since week two. It's really, really frustrating, but I don't want to cause any damage or anything like that.

Sarsaparilla
Feb 24, 2007

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I have a question about getting back into sex. Did you guys wait the entire 6 weeks before having sex again or did you start up a little bit sooner? I'm going to be 4 weeks post-partum on Thursday and I've been raring to go since week two. It's really, really frustrating, but I don't want to cause any damage or anything like that.

I made an attempt at around 5 and a half weeks and it was like popping my cherry again. I couldn't handle it. I don't even think we actually made penetration. I'm almost 9 weeks now and we STILL haven't actually had sex. I feel like I'm in high school again with all the heavy petting with no sex. My goal is by his birthday on the 27th!

On the other hand, I know lots of women who have sex as early as three weeks post.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Bodnoirbabe posted:

I had sex again about 2 weeks after, once bleeding had stopped and I felt like I could handle it. But I had a fairly easy birth with no tearing.

One thing I've noticed about post baby sex is that for the first time in my life I've wanted to use lubrication, so if that's something you don't have round the house it might be an idea just in case. I'm sure everyone is different though.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Sarsaparilla posted:

I made an attempt at around 5 and a half weeks and it was like popping my cherry again. I couldn't handle it. I don't even think we actually made penetration. I'm almost 9 weeks now and we STILL haven't actually had sex. I feel like I'm in high school again with all the heavy petting with no sex. My goal is by his birthday on the 27th!

On the other hand, I know lots of women who have sex as early as three weeks post.

Did you have a normal birth or c section?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Seriously, what's with these stupid post-pregnancy hormones? My baby is only 2 weeks old, I'm exhausted and my stitches are killing me, but for some reason I feel like a horny teenager at the moment! I'm glad to hear that others went through it as well.

Another embarrassing hormone related question: did anyone else get really hairy during pregnancy? My stomach got covered in some lovely thick, dark hair when I got pregnant and it's sticking around. The only advice I seem to get is not to shave it off, as I'll then be dealing with stubble for the rest of my life. I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but can I expect it to shift soon?

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher
I would definitely wait until you're completely done with postpartum bleeding for sex. For a lot of people that's 6ish weeks. If you tore, I would wait to talk to your doctor or midwife first.

netally, I got extra hairy and it went away. I don't remember when but it happened. Also shaving it off is not going to make you have stubble for the rest of your life.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

netally posted:

Seriously, what's with these stupid post-pregnancy hormones? My baby is only 2 weeks old, I'm exhausted and my stitches are killing me, but for some reason I feel like a horny teenager at the moment! I'm glad to hear that others went through it as well.

Another embarrassing hormone related question: did anyone else get really hairy during pregnancy? My stomach got covered in some lovely thick, dark hair when I got pregnant and it's sticking around. The only advice I seem to get is not to shave it off, as I'll then be dealing with stubble for the rest of my life. I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but can I expect it to shift soon?

How the heck does shaving it off tally with dealing with it for the rest of your life? Is this some sort of "of you shave it, it grows back thicker" tosh?

I'm a premature bald guy. If I'd known that shaving my head in my 20's would have stopped me going bald I'd have been all over that poo poo!

But seriously, unless you are shaving with a lawnmower you are very unlikely to affect the follicles in your skin where the hair grows.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Me in a hotel with a mini-bar. How's that story end?
The nausea's started. Peachy.
It lasted from like 5 AM to noon today.
One week and 3 days to My First Ultrasound.
I feel like a bloated whale already, I cried on the phone to my boss last week, and apparently I now snore.

My *actual* question in all this is twofold, I guess.
One: Which trimester was the best? So far the first isn't excellent and the third kind of seems like it might suck a lot.

Two: Baby crap. When is too early to begin stockpiling baby things? Furniture or whatever. We were in Ikea the other day and I wanted to start buying things. All of the things.

Ok, maybe three: For those of you in America, how long did you work for up until delivery, and has anyone returned to work after delivery and if so, when? I know everyone is different, but I rather like my job :) I just can't go into the field now, or towards the end, or after birth for awhile I guess.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
I liked my third trimester, but I was pretty healthy and mobile.

I was glad that I waited until after the baby showers before buying stuff - people might combine their money for a purchase. That's how I got my crib and car seat, and other things.

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Same answers as Tesla Insanely Coil. Third was the best for me, but that's when I really started showing and got time off from work.

Also, yeah don't buy too much before your baby shower.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Bodnoirbabe posted:

Same answers as Tesla Insanely Coil. Third was the best for me, but that's when I really started showing and got time off from work.

Also, yeah don't buy too much before your baby shower.
Yeah, you have a good point there. not the shower so much, but my boss' wife worked on the tv show ER, and I guess two of the characters were going to have a kid, so the show bought a whole set of baby... equipment? Then the show was canned and the stuff was given to my boss for his new baby, and now he wants to give it to me. So like 3rd-hand famous stuff? :)
I just want to go totally insane buying all the adorable.. STUFF I see.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum

Cathis posted:

One: Which trimester was the best? So far the first isn't excellent and the third kind of seems like it might suck a lot.

After all I read about the second trimester being a great time for most women I was seriously disappointed when I realized it is just getting worse for me. It would have been better to not know that lots of women feel amazing at this time in pregnancy. (though I am happy for those women =P)

I'm at 18 weeks (give or take) and my abdominal muscles feel soooo sore it changes how I go about everything. Also I'm experiencing something called pelvic separation pains. It feels like I got kicked between the legs with a steel toed boot.

I do believe I can feel him move every now and then though so it's not all bad! And if it wasn't for my crappy job I'm sure I wouldn't complain so much about my aches and pains.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Cathis posted:

Two: Baby crap. When is too early to begin stockpiling baby things? Furniture or whatever. We were in Ikea the other day and I wanted to start buying things. All of the things.

Ok, maybe three: For those of you in America, how long did you work for up until delivery, and has anyone returned to work after delivery and if so, when? I know everyone is different, but I rather like my job :) I just can't go into the field now, or towards the end, or after birth for awhile I guess.

First pregnancy: really none of the trimesters were unbearable. First sucked for the symptoms, but because I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was 7 or 8 weeks along and my symptoms ended around 13-14 weeks, it was short lived. Also, I had a flexible job that let me work my hours when I wanted to, and I was able to rest and stuff as needed. Second was great, and then most of third was also. I think I was about 36 or 37 weeks when I was like, "OK, DONE," and then I had my daughter at 38 weeks.

This pregnancy: First was hard. My symptoms started way earlier this time and lasted until 13 or 14 weeks again. Also, being a stay at home parent to a toddler (who has given up naps, I might add) means that I can't just stop and sleep whenever I want to, and I suspect that that has made it a lot harder. I have more fatigue this time around by far. Other than fatigue second has been fine. I'm 20 weeks now, so we'll see what happens with third trimester.

Buying stuff: If you find stuff you really really want, can you pin them to a registry? Like we did an Amazon one where you can link to stuff that's anywhere on the web, not just Amazon. Then when people ask you about what you want, you can direct them to it.

Work: I worked until the end of 37 weeks pregnant, and then I went into labor literally the first day of my maternity leave. I was going to go back to work after 12 weeks (6 paid and 6 unpaid), but decided to stay home instead. I was really really really not interested in leaving my daughter, and when we did the financials, we weren't going to be missing that much by me staying home vs. returning to work and paying for childcare. I think it was the best decision we've ever made, but of course, it's different for everyone.

Prolonged Shame
Sep 5, 2004

Cathis posted:

The nausea's started. Peachy.
It lasted from like 5 AM to noon today.
One week and 3 days to My First Ultrasound.
I feel like a bloated whale already, I cried on the phone to my boss last week, and apparently I now snore.

Everyone says second tri is supposed to be the best. I think the first three quarters of third tri were best. I got lucky and never had morning sickness, but I had severe fatigue up through second tri. I felt great in third tri up until week 38 when overnight I wanted baby out NOW. He came at week 40. Feeling him move all the time ruled and it is the only thing about pregnancy I currently miss.

As tempting as it is to buy a bunch of baby stuff, try to hold off until your shower if you're having one. I got bye by buying the occasional unisex onesie and stockpiling wipes. He's three months old and I haven't had to buy wipes since before he was born.

I worked up until a week before he was born when sitting at my desk was uncomfortable and I wanted to murder all of my coworkers. I went back at twelve weeks post partum.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Cathis posted:

For my first three it was heaven after the second trimester (despite bleeding in the seventh month for number 3) but this one is giving me terrible abdominal pains, headaches and general bleh even now at 20 weeks! It really does depend on your body and age.

Now time for me to rant! The maternity clothing industry is a total freaking joke!

I'm a giant. I'm almost six feet tall and mostly leg. I'm not fat fat but I'm a 14/16 when not pregnant. I go to shops looking for maternity pants, and they all run extra petite. The tops are all designed for people with zero body fat who enjoy having the fabric of their tops pulled taught across their stomach.

I decided to go online and Google "plus size maternity" and a ton of online stores pop up! great! Click the first one, Motherhood Maternity. Great, they want 60 bucks for a pair of pants. Next selection on the search list, click. It's a different website name, but they have the exact same prices and products...wait...this site is just a renamed redirected Motherhood Maternity! It even has the exact same site layout! Time to go to the third website on the search list...click. WHAT THE HELL THIS SITE IS ALSO A RENAMED REDIRECTED MOTHERHOOD MATERNITY SITE!

Does Motherhood Maternity have some mafia-like hold on the Pregnoid Fashion industry? Why do they need THREE DIFFERENT websites with different names if they all sell the same 60 dollar pants (which by the way are too short in the inseam for me anyway)? I'm now down to one pair of neon blue yoga pants and three skirts that still fit and pretty soon I'm going to be running around in my underpants. Are pregnant bellies really so much larger that they justify such excessive prices? Jesus Christ it's impossible! Even the one non-Motherhood site I found wanted 49-60 bucks for things I wouldn't pay 30 for when not pregnant!

I just want some britches, goddamnit.

Stairs fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 21, 2012

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
Has anyone bought anything from zulily.com? It's discount designer stuff mostly for children, but the maternity stuff looks pretty nice though the prices aren't any cheaper. So I can't exactly recommend it to you, Stairs, but you might want to check it out.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
Every trimester was a little hard, but I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms in the first trimester so I guess that one was the "best". But, even though I was huge and there were various aches & pains, I LOVED the third trimester because I could feel him hiccup and roll around inside me.

DO NOT buy stuff until you are sure everyone has given you all the hand-me-downs they have, if you are into secondhand stuff. We never had a shower, but we didn't need one because we got so much from everyone (swings, strollers, bins of clothes, etc). People also gave us unused diapers and wipes, so we had various kinds in various sizes, and we were able to try them out before we decided on a brand to stick with.

I never bought maternity clothes. I just bought stuff on clearance and on the cheap that were a few sizes too big and grew into them. I lived in sundresses and leggings, and it was awesome.

I used zulily once, to buy a slow cooker for $20. It was a painless purchase, and a pretty good deal!

vanessa
May 21, 2006

CAUTION: This pussy is ferocious.
My two-week old has started getting fussy at a few feedings, where he'll have a decent nursing session and then seem to settle down for a snooze. But as soon as I think it's safe to pull my shirt back down, he starts rooting again. If I offer him my breast, he'll give about 30 seconds of enthusiastic sucking and then get sleepy again. (Repeat forever)

I presume this is cluster feeding?

Any advice on how to do this? Once he's settled, do I leave him on one breast or occasionally switch sides? What's a good position to settle into? Does this usually happen during growth spurts, or can I expect this to go on for a while?

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

vanessa posted:

My two-week old has started getting fussy at a few feedings, where he'll have a decent nursing session and then seem to settle down for a snooze. But as soon as I think it's safe to pull my shirt back down, he starts rooting again. If I offer him my breast, he'll give about 30 seconds of enthusiastic sucking and then get sleepy again. (Repeat forever)

I presume this is cluster feeding?

Any advice on how to do this? Once he's settled, do I leave him on one breast or occasionally switch sides? What's a good position to settle into? Does this usually happen during growth spurts, or can I expect this to go on for a while?

he might be sucking for comfort. Try using a pacifier and see if that works to keep him asleep.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I don't normally post here, but my wife and I are inducing today. Its our 2nd, a baby girl. :)

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

^^ Congrats! Girls are great :3: We're having a boy this time around so it'll be a new experience in some ways and old hat in other ways.

Cathis posted:

questions

one: second trimester's been better than the first mostly due to me getting my thyroid looked at and the medication adjusted. I imagine the 3rd will be even better since my thyroid's looking good. :)

two: baby crap - I'd wait until I'm well into the second trimester to bother buying things if you just absolutely HAVE to (I know it's hard to resist!) But also work on a registry.

Three: With my first I worked up until 36 weeks at which point I had preterm labor issues (I was on my feet 8+ hours a day) and had to go on maternity leave early. I had her at 39w4d and went back to work when she was 6 weeks old. Once my maternity leave pay was through (which was around the time she was born, booo), I was able to file for short term disability and get 80% pay the first 3 weeks and then 60% pay the next 3. That ran out at 6 weeks.

Cathis
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks everybody for the opinions and help (and I hope to see more, especially from working moms, the only working mom I actually know went back to work the second week, and I always thought she was a little insane).

Stairs posted:

The maternity clothing industry is a total freaking joke!

I wish I had some advice to offer, though it's way too early for that yet for me! On the other hand, I am 5'10 and have zero interest in 'showing off the belly'... I am hoping that floofy sundresses, a bunch of those empire-waist tunic shirts that were popular a couple of years ago and some extra-large tshirts will suffice as long as possible. I don't know what fat pants I will be able to get but.. :/

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010
On the shopping thing: I was ITCHING to buy baby crap. I found that doing a registry alleviated some of that. It was like buying all the stuff we needed/wanted but without actually shelling out the cash for it and scanning it instead. We got to pick up/look at/research everything and then put it on the registry. We got about 90% of it from the shower anyway so it was way cool. Also hand me downs are fantastic and if you can get your hands on some, you'll not want to kick yourself for having spent $40 on a bouncer that your kid decides they don't like after all.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Traditionally speaking, the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the best/easiest. Everyone told me all this crap about how I would feel "great" during my second trimester, and "full of energy," and it didn't really work out that way. All the symptoms that are supposed to be gone by the end of the first trimester (nausea, painful boobs) followed me all the way up until month 5. Month 5 was kind of OK, mostly due to the fact that I didn't feel like I was at war with food anymore, but it did manage to bring this stupid carpal tunnel and a lot of back pain. Also painful Braxton-Hicks, though once I got some of the stress in my life under control, those became much less intense. And month 6 added on Charley Horses in my legs that wake me up screaming at night. So I don't know where that magical 2nd trimester is, but I kind of feel like I got maybe 3-4 ok weeks, and then started getting the lovely 3rd trimester symptoms.

yawnie
Jul 29, 2003
lollerz.
My 2nd trimester was definitely the easiest, though it wasn't as cut and dry as some made it out to be. I didn't instantly feel better at 12 weeks.. far from it. But I'd say that weeks 20-28 were the best. Up to 20 weeks was constant nausea, and after week 28 I was starting to get incredible pelvic pressure and eventually pain, along with the typical swelling and general discomfort.

Thia
Oct 14, 2005

Bored now.

Cathis posted:

Thanks everybody for the opinions and help (and I hope to see more, especially from working moms, the only working mom I actually know went back to work the second week, and I always thought she was a little insane).

I'm a nurse and I work 3 12 hour shifts a week, most of which is on my feet. I plan on working as long as I can because I will be taking 12 weeks of FMLA for my maternity leave and I want as much of that as possible to be after the baby is here. I'm at 24 weeks right now and so far so good. It was actually harder for me in the first trimester because I would become exhausted about 5 pm with 2 hours left to go.

There are seven (!) of us pregnant at work right now. I'm number 3 chronologically. The first is due at the beginning of May and she's pretty uncomfortable and has a lot of swelling in her legs and feet. The further along I get, the harder it will get I imagine. Everyone I've talked to is planning on taking 12 weeks off. One girl will be coming back at part time after she has the baby.

In terms of pay for time off, we can use all our vacation/sick bank. Those that have been there longer than me can use short term disability at 60% pay, but I don't qualify yet. Personally I'm going to have about 9 weeks of my leave unpaid but we've been saving so we can do it. Like you, I like my job and can't imagine quitting completely. Finding a daycare option that will do part time is proving to be challenging, but I'm sure we will figure something out.

In terms of daycare, what do those of you who work do? Do you use a center or does someone watch your baby in their home? Relatives? I have a friend who recommends the woman who's been watching her two year old since he was 5 weeks old, but she's not required to be licensed (and isn't) and my friend and I have different parenting philosophies so I'm not sure how much her endorsement means. This woman's in home daycare would be really cheap and flexible with my schedule, but I don't know if she's someone I could trust. I know I need to meet her and look around her house and ask her questions. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on center vs. in home daycare.

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

Thia posted:

In terms of daycare, what do those of you who work do? Do you use a center or does someone watch your baby in their home? Relatives? I have a friend who recommends the woman who's been watching her two year old since he was 5 weeks old, but she's not required to be licensed (and isn't) and my friend and I have different parenting philosophies so I'm not sure how much her endorsement means. This woman's in home daycare would be really cheap and flexible with my schedule, but I don't know if she's someone I could trust. I know I need to meet her and look around her house and ask her questions. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on center vs. in home daycare.

I'm putting my daughter in a private, in home daycare rather than a center. I have a friend that worked in a center and heard some of the crap she had to deal with and I also worked in a daycare for a while. The thing that I keep in the back of my mind is that they can boast a low teacher to kid ratio all they want but when it comes down to it if someone calls in sick, that ratio is going to increase because they aren't going to turn away $$. That crap happened to me all the time. I remember both of my coworkers calling in on the same day and the center director told me tough poo poo when I said we'd have to cap that day at the ratio (6:1) and I was left with a total of 30 kids by myself. Which included 4 newborns and 10 toddlers, the rest of the group was between 4 and 10 years old. Some centers work out great, but the ones out here kind of suck.

The chick that is going to be watching my daughter isn't licensed either but I did go meet her, see her house, check out her set up and she sent me her references (which checked out great). Its not a swanky place but she's sweet, competent and responsible, has a splash pad near her house, a playground next to her house, a school around the corner and a really low ratio that includes her own 1 and 2 year olds.

altazakin
Aug 2, 2004

So you're not that special. Welcome to the human race!
I'm one of the lucky ones that had no problems in any of my trimesters so far (the three w/ my first kid and almost done with the 1st for #2). I don't get morning sickness, just a bit of nausea if I don't eat, and some tiredness, which goes away by about week 10. I worked up until the end last time, but now I run my own business so it's not going to be an issue. Hopefully I'll have an easy birth again. Last time I was pretty much back to normal after 3-4 days.

I'm not into showers. I bought everything I needed for the first kid after her 20w ultrasound checked out as healthy. I don't need much for this one -- some newborn sized sleep sacks, cloth diapers, some gender neutral outfits, and some gender-specific clothes once we find out the sex (not finding out beforehand). I can't think of anything else to get.

Since I work from home, I don't have big daycare needs but I do send my daughter to a neighbor's house who runs a licensed home daycare, for 2-3 hours each morning. Some of what I do cannot be done when she's around. In the fall, she will go to preschool instead and when #2 is 3-4 months old I'll probably take that baby to her if she has open spots.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
I keep forgetting to post about this, but the pediatricians at the hospital that I will be using require that you come in for an interview with them before they'll agree to be your pediatrician. I have an interview with one of them tomorrow. What the hell am I supposed to do for this? I'm still focused on the "keep baby safely in your uterus and prepare for uterine ejection soon" phase, I haven't given a ton of thought to "people who will help me take care of this baby once it's out."

Prolonged Shame
Sep 5, 2004

Mnemosyne posted:

I keep forgetting to post about this, but the pediatricians at the hospital that I will be using require that you come in for an interview with them before they'll agree to be your pediatrician. I have an interview with one of them tomorrow. What the hell am I supposed to do for this? I'm still focused on the "keep baby safely in your uterus and prepare for uterine ejection soon" phase, I haven't given a ton of thought to "people who will help me take care of this baby once it's out."

My main concern when looking for a pediatrician was finding someone who does not accept unvaccinated patients (barring the occasional kid who is truly allergic to vaccines). We also asked about same-day appointment policies, after hour policies (ie is there a nurse on call or should I just go straight to the urgent care). If you can find someone with both sick and well patient waiting rooms that is a bonus, though something of a rarity around here.

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Prolonged Shame posted:

My main concern when looking for a pediatrician was finding someone who does not accept unvaccinated patients (barring the occasional kid who is truly allergic to vaccines). We also asked about same-day appointment policies, after hour policies (ie is there a nurse on call or should I just go straight to the urgent care). If you can find someone with both sick and well patient waiting rooms that is a bonus, though something of a rarity around here.

You may also want to discuss with them your intentions as to breastfeeding and sleeping arrangements. It can be frustrating dealing with a pediatrician who is pushing solids early or anti co-sleeping if that's how you intend to parent, because you can never really be sure if they are allowing their personal feelings color their medical advice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Say hello to Miss Brooklyn Ann. :3:

8lbs, 11 oz, 21 inches long. Labor went incredibly well- Baby and mother are doing great.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
That's a pretty cute newborn!

Idonie
Jun 5, 2011

Cathis posted:

During my first pregnancy, it wasn't until about 16 weeks that I quit having nausea, but at that points things were really quite good until about 32 weeks, when I started having a lot of back pain & eventually carpal tunnel. So it didn't exactly break down in trimesters, but there was a long sweet spot in there. I was very lucky, however, since I wasn't working.

Do not start buying baby necessities or heavy furniture, but if you see one or two little things you are just in love with (a toy, a poster, a mobile, whatever), I'd say go ahead and pick it up -- especially if it's from somewhere like IKEA where the selection changes rapidly. There was an adorable IKEA poster I saw that I didn't get and I still wish I had.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
My wife and I had our second of many ultrasounds for our triplets last week. It's hard to get a shot of all three right now, but here it is. This is 10 weeks along.

rangergirl
Jun 3, 2004
A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer
So has anyone else had problems with being phlegmy while they're pregnant?? That sounds really gross, but I seem to be constantly producing some kind of phlegm that collects in the back of my throat. I sound like a pack a day smoker, I'm always coughing and trying to clear my throat...Is this totally bizarre? Its really irritating and it makes my nausea seem worse than it already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
Yeah, there's something called pregnancy rhinitis, which basically is you producing a lot more mucous during pregnancy (you also might notice an increase in cervical mucous). I had a hard time with it my first pregnancy, but oddly, not this time.