Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/20/persona-4-arena-adds-elizabeth-and-playable-shadow-labrys-to-the-roster/

Elizabeth to be added on April 5th, uses Thanatos as her Persona. Labrys becomes playable tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedBoot
Jul 12, 2003

The Ass Hand: Evolution's Greatest Triumph

Axle_Stukov posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/20/persona-4-arena-adds-elizabeth-and-playable-shadow-labrys-to-the-roster/

Elizabeth to be added on April 5th, uses Thanatos as her Persona. Labrys becomes playable tomorrow.

Elizabeth is a great choice. Yet another character I wouldn't mind maining.

It sounds like Labrys and Shadow Labrys will actually be separate characters? I figured the "Shadow" versions would just be like Unlimited versions.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
It seems since Labrys and her Shadow have different Personas they're counted as different characters. Which makes me wonder if they'll do something like this for other characters, Naoto and Yosuke for example have evolved personas that could lead to very different attacks (Susano-O having that saw blade ring that Jiraiya doesn't, and Yamato-Takeru being twice the size of Sukuna-Hikona).

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
I posted about her before, but I didn't expect them to actually add Elizabeth. Thanatos though? I was thinking of her infamous pixie megidolaonn nonsense. Guess its plot related.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RYHB3sFZzU
Aigis Combo Video

Also I'm really surprised the arcade cabinets are getting extra dudes already, interesting to see that Labrys is being shown off as she is, rather than being relegated to being console-only. ArcSys, I tip my hat off to you. (Also thank you based ATLUS for bringing in Elizabeth.)

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Blazblue also had 10 playables at arcade launch and dropped code unlocks for Hakumen/Nu-13 one-two months after. Shadow Labrys is kind of a curveball though, it makes me wonder whether that's their plan for the new characters they're promising with CS instead of filling out the roster with the P3 cast.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Mio Bison posted:

Blazblue also had 10 playables at arcade launch and dropped code unlocks for Hakumen/Nu-13 one-two months after. Shadow Labrys is kind of a curveball though, it makes me wonder whether that's their plan for the new characters they're promising with CS instead of filling out the roster with the P3 cast.

Clearly ATLUS' plan is sticking to what they hear the fans want, and pulling together ArcSys to implement the P3 crew, and then out of nowhere, the P2 cast become the New Kids In School to become the Ultimate Persona users.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Malachite posted:

I posted about her before, but I didn't expect them to actually add Elizabeth. Thanatos though? I was thinking of her infamous pixie megidolaonn nonsense. Guess its plot related.

I think she's pretty obsessed with the P3 MC, so kind of makes sense she'd get his persona.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I think she's pretty obsessed with the P3 MC, so kind of makes sense she'd get his persona.

Probably much to even more of Yukari's chagrin.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Here's a video from today featuring Labrys different palettes and her insta-kill.
(Doesn't one of the alt colors look like Asuka Langley and her unit?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NFLEYG-bA

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

^^^^^
Wow how bout that.

Here's some crappy arcade mode footage of playable Labrys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ39g0FNU8U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6DjYcUZNCA

So far we have...
- Huge loving normals that are also really fast.
- A chargeable unblockable.
- A really dumb loop that does no damage.
- Spencer style zip-line special move. Awesome.
- Some really crazy/huge projectiles.
- Trap setup that holds them in place. This looks really nasty.

Yeah I definitely think this is the character I've been waiting for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Axle_Stukov posted:

I wonder if we'll get her male equivalent from Persona 3 Portable.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Almost Elizabeth time. She's a boss character at least.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If her Instant Kill isn't the 9,999 damage Pixie I'll be very disappointed in Atlus.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

A short VS video of Labrys vs Teddie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DInTtYWsPt0

Also there is a weird rumor that there is a reference to another "main character" in the game's web site data. Could be nothing though I guess...

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Huh, another "main character". Let's see, Elizabeth has shown up and brought Thanatos. Another "main character". I know where this is going and I don't like it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Huh, another "main character". Let's see, Elizabeth has shown up and brought Thanatos. Another "main character". I know where this is going and I don't like it.

Margaret, perhaps?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Junpei. Please be Junpei.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Main character huh...

It's obviously Raidou Kuzanoha, with Raiho as his persona.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Cityinthesea posted:

Main character huh...

All my money. All of it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's obvious, guys.

It's Dante, ported over from MVC3.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Cityinthesea posted:

Main character huh...

Demifiend. Gotta be.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

^^^ gently caress YEAH! HERE'S SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE SCORE. DEMI loving FIEND. DEMIFIEND.

Cityinthesea posted:

Main character huh...

This makes me really wish that this was Megaten Fighter and not Persona 4. Megaten has so many cool characters but to restrict themselves to 2 games is such a shame.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

It's Dante, ported over from Nocturne.

But seriously, if this leads to any bullshit involving reviving Minato I'm gonna be pretty let down. It'd defeat the entire point of Persona 3.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Who would Demifiend use as his... Persona though? Raidou would also fit the aesthetic of Persona 4 better.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
He could be a ghost like geese

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Cityinthesea posted:

Who would Demifiend use as his... Persona though? Raidou would also fit the aesthetic of Persona 4 better.

Mara. Do it Atlus. Give us the screaming hellcock.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

But seriously, if this leads to any bullshit involving reviving Minato I'm gonna be pretty let down. It'd defeat the entire point of Persona 3.

I agree, hopefully it's just a rumor.

There's going to be a whole huge story mode for the game once it hits consoles though, so who the hell knows what will happen!

Cityinthesea posted:

I imagine him to be just like Bristol from Groove on Fight. Basically all of his normals and special moves are all different demons.

Either that or it'd just be a ludicrously broken Pixie. That would be fun too.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Why doesn't anyone have Jack Frost as a Persona? :mad:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'd expect both Aigis and Elizabeth to be there for the one reason, so those spoilers wouldn't really surprise me.

Now come on, ArcSYS/Atlus. Yukari. Complete the trifecta.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's gonna be the three man team of Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and Jack Skelton from the hit VirtualBoy title Jack Bros.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If they did Demifiend, I could see them doing something along the lines of Young Joseph. That being, instead of having a persona, he'd have other spells/abilities bound to his 'persona' buttons.

I doubt they'd throw him in, though. (Though I would very much like it.)

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The Grimace posted:

I'd expect both Aigis and Elizabeth to be there for the one reason, so those spoilers wouldn't really surprise me.

Now come on, ArcSYS/Atlus. Yukari. Complete the trifecta.

Yukari got pissed Elizabeth's special enough to have her bf's super Persona, now she's dragging Junpei with her into the TV World to kick her rear end and take names.

It'd also make sense for her and Junpei to even be in the game since otherwise, Yukiko and Yosuke are the only two who're using Agi and Garu spells in the game.

Also Demi-Fiend in P4A would also be one of the best things, just like Elizabeth's inclusion.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I wouldn't mind if they would revive Minato :unsmith:.

Althought I never did finish FES, anyone care to spoil me as to why it would ruin P3 if he got revived?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Kuai posted:

I wouldn't mind if they would revive Minato :unsmith:.

Althought I never did finish FES, anyone care to spoil me as to why it would ruin P3 if he got revived?

P3's MC willingly sacrificed their very essence in order to seal away Erebus, the world's collective malice, to prevent Nyx's arrival. That said, there could be other ways of reviving him without undoing the seal. I have heard there are Japanese books based on Aigis and Elizabeth searching for ways to bring him back. Popular speculation for Aigis's role in P4A is that she's searching for another way to revive the MC.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Dastardly posted:

Here's a video from today featuring Labrys different palettes and her insta-kill.
(Doesn't one of the alt colors look like Asuka Langley and her unit?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NFLEYG-bA

Could someone tell me who is labrys? Might just be the update to P4 artwork but she doesn't look the least bit familiar. I remember they introduced another robot girl if FES (which i never finished), but I don't remember her looking anything like that.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Xlyfindel posted:

Could someone tell me who is labrys? Might just be the update to P4 artwork but she doesn't look the least bit familiar. I remember they introduced another robot girl if FES (which i never finished), but I don't remember her looking anything like that.

Completely new character just for this game. I heard some say she was mentioned once or something in a previous persona game at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

She was mentioned in a drama CD.

Taxxorrak
Jul 22, 2008

Why aren't they releasing this for us poor EUs? We loved Persona 3, FES and 4, too .. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

Why aren't they releasing this for us poor EUs? We loved Persona 3, FES and 4, too .. :(

Atlus doesn't have a dedicated European arm, they license out their products to European publishers. It's kind of out of their hands if nobody wants to pick it up for the region.

But it's still possible that some niche European publisher like Ghostlight or Rising Star or somebody could do it. Don't lose hope!

• Locked thread