Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
I couldn't see jack crap in the darkness of the latest page. Here is one with increased contrast to better see the dream.

This would have been a wonderful time for Lazerbot to have inserted a Goatse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Air Julio posted:

That face of Tails is the most :stare: looking face I've ever seen illustrated.

Definitely this. First thing I thought of when I saw it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

Reminder before reading: Watch/listen to this first, picturing appropriate lands(Mushroom Kingdom, Gotham City, Bluffington, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN8PKcNGcuI

I started actually making this (using a rock cover of the intro theme) but I don't have the needed After Effects skill to make it as good as it deserves to be.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

FrenchToasty posted:

Oh weird. Pori and Tails are in their Defenders robes as early as the cover of Chapter 3. I never noticed. I guess he got ahead of himself.

Every "chapter" is 21 pages. I get the impression that he works on these with a vague idea of what's going to happen next, but he doesn't always have the room to fit what he initially thinks he can.

He's strongly hinted in some responses on Deviantart that Elmer Fudd will join the Troll Slaiyers. I kind of feel like I need to reread everything and do a status report on all the characters as last we've seen them. I'm kinda losing track.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Shadow looking kinda like Beavis in the cover there.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mathhole posted:

I couldn't see jack crap in the darkness of the latest page. Here is one with increased contrast to better see the dream.

Oh man, I should have upped the contrast even more. Apparently he's got a Sonic Dragon Ball power energy aura thing.

I... I don't even know what to say. This is beautiful.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

quote:

...he's got a Sonic shadow???

This dude is clearly a master of foreshadowing. "No. There is another."

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I just noticed that this is a banner ad on SA:

(it links to a Mass Effect 3 thread)

e: spoiler'd for safety

'Eyyyyy! Not how spoiler tags work!

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 22, 2012

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

That DICK! posted:

'Eyyyyy! Not how spoiler tags work!

Does it really even need spoilers, at this point BBC and Forbes are reporting that ME3 endings are bad, it's hardly a spoiler at this point.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mathhole posted:

:stare: I haven't had a hard time with the darkness of the troll sequences before, but I really just figured that this was Pac-Man going to sleep followed by a giant splash panel of Tails with a Sonic aura. The extended dream sequence is news to me.

Also, is this how Tails finds out that Sonic is dead?

GravyWPG
Sep 15, 2011

AAAAGH! BEEF GRAVY! IT'S BURNING MY FLESH! BUT IT'S SOOOO DELICIOUS!

davidspackage posted:

I started actually making this (using a rock cover of the intro theme) but I don't have the needed After Effects skill to make it as good as it deserves to be.

I'm pretty sure you need more than After Effects to make that sort of an intro

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

GravyWPG posted:

I'm pretty sure you need more than After Effects to make that sort of an intro

Well, if you want to make the direct equivalent of something that probably cost a few $100k and took a bunch of people to make, yes. If you want to take some videogame imagery and tilt it around to give it a faux sweeping 3D effect, no. But like I said, I can't even do that.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Lazerbot drew fanart for his own comic.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Saddr Weirdr posted:

Hitmen For Destiny.

Absolutely loving incredible.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Yep, count me in as another poor sap who just read the entire archive at 2 in the morning.

shortprsn
Apr 21, 2008
We should persuade lazerbot to take up political cartooning.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I couldn't really get into Hitmen for Destiny. For some reason all the random characters are the secret ingredient to making this poo poo funny for me.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Forti posted:

Absolutely loving incredible.

Hitmen for Destiny so far reads like an episode of Superjail!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

nerdbot posted:

Lazerbot drew fanart for his own comic.

Quick, someone do a fanart of Lazerbot's fanart.

Nukacola
Jan 12, 2006

Dat Drank
Hitmen for Destiny blew my goddamned mind. :psyduck:

The short comic by the same author about the guy cheating on his wife is fantastic as well: http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/wives/series.php

It kinda reads like the boat sequence from Hitmen but with a lot more attention to detail.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'm thinking it's about time I retire this 6+ year old avvy. Unfortunately, I've lost track of what's been taken and what hasn't. I'm thinking either pacman, tails's :stare: face, or maybe woodstock(i have a feeling he's taken 'cause that is an awesome pic). I leave the decision to the fine frequenters of this thread. Are there any other good ones I'm not remembering?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

^^^
You might just want to wait a couple days for Lazerbot's next pages. Then you could be the first kid on the block with the newest craziness.

dipwood posted:

Shadow looking kinda like Beavis in the cover there.

Speaking of Beavis, any time the Hitmen for Destiny dude draws the blonde girl from the side she looks exactly like Beavis.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 23, 2012

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

Air Julio posted:

I'm thinking it's about time I retire this 6+ year old avvy. Unfortunately, I've lost track of what's been taken and what hasn't. I'm thinking either pacman, tails's :stare: face, or maybe woodstock(i have a feeling he's taken 'cause that is an awesome pic). I leave the decision to the fine frequenters of this thread. Are there any other good ones I'm not remembering?

I've yet to see some one with a pacman one. But don't quote me on that.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but goddamn Hitmen for Destiny was incredible. Has anyone read his sequel? Is it as good?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Nukacola posted:

Hitmen for Destiny blew my goddamned mind. :psyduck:

The short comic by the same author about the guy cheating on his wife is fantastic as well: http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/wives/series.php

It kinda reads like the boat sequence from Hitmen but with a lot more attention to detail.

Holy poo poo, I just read this in one sitting and was laughing my rear end off the entire time. Well worth twenty minutes or so, anyone who's tempted to read it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just a few that I'm thinking of. They're all so good. :derp:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mathhole posted:

I could not possibly be more hyped for the next chapter than I am right now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Air Julio posted:

Just a few that I'm thinking of. They're all so good. :derp:
Have the last two in a loop.
:catstare:
thoughs eyes
thoughs eyes
thoughs eyes

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

This needs to be resized to proper avatar size but this is one of my favorite recent panels.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I hate that I have caught up to this thread. Now I have to wait around like everyone else!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

FrenchToasty posted:

Oh weird. Pori and Tails are in their Defenders robes as early as the cover of Chapter 3. I never noticed. I guess he got ahead of himself.

Giving more evidence that Lazorbot isn't just making this up and that it has a glorious overarching plot

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Mathhole posted:

http://i.imgur.com/usYSA.jpg

Holy crap- I had no idea. That portion of the page looks completely black on my monitor, even zoomed in. Thanks for that.

Also, this:

Immediately reminded me of this:

I actually had the impulse to deselect the picture when I saw Tails.

Radiapathy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 23, 2012

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Everdraed posted:

Hitmen for Destiny
What the gently caress am I reading here??

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radiapathy posted:

Immediately reminded me of this:

I actually had the impulse to deselect the picture when I saw Tails.

:psyduck: this is incredible. Tried to deselect picture before even reading the thing.

Burnsaber
Jan 16, 2011

I'm a wizard and
I don't pee.
I'm a videogame

notoriousman posted:

What the gently caress am I reading here??

It's a blooming lesbian relationship. Duh.

I learned a lot from that comic. Apparently my mother language is manipulated to contain secret spells that summon and bind demons to the finnish underworld under the service of the language fiend. Now I am afraid to speak.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Burnsaber posted:

It's a blooming lesbian relationship. Duh.

I learned a lot from that comic. Apparently my mother language is manipulated to contain secret spells that summon and bind demons to the finnish underworld under the service of the language fiend. Now I am afraid to speak.

Could you tell what any of that Scandinavian-looking gibberish that some wizards used to speak? I think one of the "prophecies" used it too. It didn't look like any specific nordic language, made it really hard to figure out what the cartoonist's mother tongue is.

Burnsaber
Jan 16, 2011

I'm a wizard and
I don't pee.
I'm a videogame

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Could you tell what any of that Scandinavian-looking gibberish that some wizards used to speak? I think one of the "prophecies" used it too. It didn't look like any specific nordic language, made it really hard to figure out what the cartoonist's mother tongue is.

Sorry don't know. It wasn't swedish or finnish, if that helps. I don't know a single word of norwegian, so it might be that.

EDIT: I just kind of found it funny this norwegian person (literally) demonized my whole language. It's cool though, finnish is the odd man out in the nordic languages (it has ural roots instead other nordic languages), so I'm not mad or anything.

EDIT EDIT: gently caress, I just realized I don't have a clue about scandinavia (and I live there!). The words might even be Danish or Icelandic. And I just had to check what language they speak in Iceland. I'd probably flunk elementary school geography now. I'm a poor scandic person :negative:

I guess this comic gives us all something to reflect on.

Burnsaber fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 23, 2012

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I took some Norwegian in school and it's not that (so it's probably not Danish either). Maybe Icelandic? What's probably the case, that it's just a hodgepodge and not supposed to be any one nordic language. And it is really funny what he did to Finnish there. :laugh: Finnish and Hungarian, jeez you guys are like aliens!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

Training apparently consists of standing in a field while sort of dirty with your arms slightly off to the side.
Maybe he's "training" in the sense of he's walking through the field pretending to be a train.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Crunk Abortion posted:

Lazerbot dropping some Davinci Code caliber hidden meaning in there.

I KNOW RIGHT :haw:

Goddamn, I just marathoned through this thread, and I might have missed it- but is lazerbot accepting cash donations now or something? I have never been so entertained as I am right now, not by most of what I read and watch.

Seriously, I know it's crazy, but seeing Tails with the Sonic shadow has genuinely got me excited for whatever's coming next. You don't get feelings like that in most modern media these days, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Need more panels, I am addicted to this poo poo.