Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Revitalized posted:

Ran Four Eyes in the campaign, but I'm finding the pheromone grenade to not be as useful online as I was hoping.

Use Induce Infection. The friendly Crimson Heads are pretty useful if your teammates know not to shoot them, but the ability to infect the other team can be brutal. I hardly ever see a Field Scientist on the other team, and anti-viral sprays are pretty rare to begin with, so an infection is usually certain death.

For maximum trolling, bring a Machine Pistol as well. It does poo poo damage, but blood frenzies like every other shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Revitalized posted:

(oh god how am I suppose to do this 10 times in one match)

I need to get that too, we could boost that thing sometime?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

I need to get that too, we could boost that thing sometime?

Exactly what I was thinking :respek:

Does the S rank professional trophies count for cooperative games too? I figure the Clear times can be much better with humans running about than bots that are lagging behind.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I bought the Nemesis DLC but how do I select it? It's not in the versus gamemode selection.

Edit: I just had to redownload it a few times but it works now.

Len fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 22, 2012

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
So uh, I can't connect to a drat thing online. I try to join a match and it just sits "Searching For Players" for an infinite amount of time. Then I try to back out and retry and it hardlocks then resets my PS3. Seems that this isn't an issue that only I am encountering but does the search take a long time? Should I be searching for a specific mode instead of quick search? What gives?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Is there a 360 metatag?

If not, I'm going to play soon as OhGodKillerBees on XBL

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Pandanaut posted:

So uh, I can't connect to a drat thing online. I try to join a match and it just sits "Searching For Players" for an infinite amount of time. Then I try to back out and retry and it hardlocks then resets my PS3. Seems that this isn't an issue that only I am encountering but does the search take a long time? Should I be searching for a specific mode instead of quick search? What gives?

I encountered this issue (minus the hardlocking) yesterday. I could never find players in matchmaking, so I just skipped it and started the game. Within about 30 minutes to an hour I had a team full of pubbies.

fake edit: I was doing Continue Campaign instead of Quick Search as well

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

BlindNinja posted:

I encountered this issue (minus the hardlocking) yesterday. I could never find players in matchmaking, so I just skipped it and started the game. Within about 30 minutes to an hour I had a team full of pubbies.

fake edit: I was doing Continue Campaign instead of Quick Search as well

I'll have to try that. I messed around with it and it seems the hardlock only becomes a problem when I try to restart the game through the XMB. If I let it just sit there until infinity it will happily say it is stopping the search or whatever.

All I want to do is try out the game online. :qq:

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Deviant posted:

Is there a 360 metatag?

If not, I'm going to play soon as OhGodKillerBees on XBL

I'm managing the metatag ORCGoons Just send a request and I'll get you added today.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Any goons on tonight, toss me an invite at GT: Quasipox. I should be on for a bit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This game would be fantastic if I could cut off a zombie head and throw it at a guy like a water balloon.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any Versus level where you encounter dogs?

I know you see them like twice in the campaign, but I was just wondering if any of the levels unleashed the terror that is zombie dogs.

Seriously if they released "Resident Evil X: Dogs dogs dogs dogs and more dogs" that'd be like the most terrifying or most annoying thing ever.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Revitalized posted:

Is there any Versus level where you encounter dogs?

I know you see them like twice in the campaign, but I was just wondering if any of the levels unleashed the terror that is zombie dogs.

Seriously if they released "Resident Evil X: Dogs dogs dogs dogs and more dogs" that'd be like the most terrifying or most annoying thing ever.

Getting that achievement is going to be a pain in the rear end.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Hey anyone playing Resident Evil: ORC? There is hardly anyone online at the moment. I rented the game from a redbox and so far it doesn't seem too bad.

Xbox GT: txz

Grimdaddy
Dec 1, 2003

The question isn't indiscreet. But the answer could be.

Mouser.. posted:

I'm managing the metatag ORCGoons Just send a request and I'll get you added today.

Sent ya a request. I cannot get a decent game of co-op or even versus out of these idiots.

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know why the leaderboards for the mercs reunion on RE5 is like, completely filled with excella (particularly on the first map)? I really don't see anything in her loadout that shouts 800,000+ points, and it's almost all japanese players. Is this one of those crazy japanese "use the worst character to make it a challenge" type deals?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zorblack posted:

Does anyone know why the leaderboards for the mercs reunion on RE5 is like, completely filled with excella (particularly on the first map)? I really don't see anything in her loadout that shouts 800,000+ points, and it's almost all japanese players. Is this one of those crazy japanese "use the worst character to make it a challenge" type deals?

Excella has a melee move which turns her enemies into explosives and an excellent weapon set assuming you're good at not overshooting her gun. She's overall great assuming you've mastered how to use her abilities.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Someone suggested getting eight goons together on a Survivor game and seeing how long we can hold out without anyone getting on the chopper. I wouldn't mind testing that out this weekend.

I'll have plenty of time tomorrow, so I'll be down for whatever.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Die Laughing posted:

Someone suggested getting eight goons together on a Survivor game and seeing how long we can hold out without anyone getting on the chopper. I wouldn't mind testing that out this weekend.

I recall seeing a timer even in Survivor games. Am I wrong?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Survivor is, as far as I can gather from playing it the one time to get the Trophy, timed. You've got 10 minutes, and like 7 of those missions are a regular Team Attack game and then the chopper shows up, and it becomes a big fight over who gets to ride it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Die Laughing posted:

I'd be down for an eight on eight goon game of any type.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Sign me up for the Goon Survival meet.

GT: Dolldagga

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I really want Outbreak and Outbreak File #2 re-released. I'd love for some online multiplayer, but I also just like those games as singleplayer too. I know a lot of people didn't, but it was like the prettiest Resident Evil game when it came out and I never was able to play PS2 online.

Padgjj
Jan 4, 2008
Never trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you
Hey Euro goon here with ORC for the week. Will send a request to the metatag.

GT:DJ Rick Joyce

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
I've never played a game like Resident Evil 4 before. I've beaten the game multiple times, but I still find myself getting more enjoyment out of replays than a lot of new games that have come out recently.

I still don't quite understand what it is about the game that makes it so loving fun to replay over and over again. Everything just works so drat well. It's literally the only game that makes me feel this way, there's no other video game I can replay so many times without getting sick of it. The thing about it is, everything about the gameplay feels so unique to RE4: the shooting, the controls, even loving moving around feels so unique.

I played the game for the very first time in college in 2009 on an old PS2 system, and I still replay it constantly. I even bought the HD collection on PSN. And the thing is, other than RE5, there are no games that "feel" like RE4, even all the numerous third-person shooters floating around there right now. You'd think there would be more, right? Are there? I have not found anything that controls or feels like RE4, even remotely (again besides RE5).

Anyway, there isn't much of a point to this post, I'm just confused on why the gently caress this game is so good because I can't really pinpoint any good solid reason and I just wanted to say random poo poo about it. gently caress, I mean, RE5 has a lot of the same gameplay but I don't care too much for it. I know it's not an unpopular opinion to consider RE4 to be literally one of the best games ever, and this post doesn't really say anything new but gently caress I was just thinking about the game lately and yeah.

Really hoping RE6 won't stray too far from RE4, and hopefully Leon's gameplay is all him and no partner. gently caress I love RE4.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I just picked up Operation Raccoon City, is this the proper place to meet other sexy zombie killing goons?

GT: Slayer15977 Xbox!

EDIT: Oh man, Dlc already for like multiplayer modes :(

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 23, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Slayer1597 posted:

I just picked up Operation Raccoon City, is this the proper place to meet other sexy zombie killing goons?

GT: Slayer15977 Xbox!

EDIT: Oh man, Dlc already for like multiplayer modes :(

Shot you an invite. GT Zurcher

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WASDF posted:

I really want Outbreak and Outbreak File #2 re-released. I'd love for some online multiplayer, but I also just like those games as singleplayer too. I know a lot of people didn't, but it was like the prettiest Resident Evil game when it came out and I never was able to play PS2 online.

I was lucky enough to snag a PS2 harddrive from being in the FFXI beta so I played Outbreak without the terrible load times. It was a really good game screwed over by the idiotic decision to not support chat of any kind.

Re-releasing files 1 and 2 with added voice chat would be amazing.

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.
If it isn't full yet count me in for the full goon room too. GT: Killerdud745

Most of you already have me but if you don't just throw me an invite.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Boxing Snatcher posted:

If it isn't full yet count me in for the full goon room too. GT: Killerdud745

Most of you already have me but if you don't just throw me an invite.

Yeah, sorry for introducing you to the lamer group of my friends. You and mouser are probably the best people to play this with, as the laughs rarely stop.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Another EuroGoon throwing my GT into the mix for some saucy action B00TY CLAPS (two zeros)

Risky
May 18, 2003

After spending so much time in versus mode and replaying parts of campaign, I have to retract what I originally thought of this game. It really is a fun game and it's a shame that a lot of reviewers trashed it so early on.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does ORC support any kind of split screen co op?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Unfortunately, no.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I am back from my stupid errands, anyone wanna play some co-op campaign?

GT: Slayer15977

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Risky posted:

After spending so much time in versus mode and replaying parts of campaign, I have to retract what I originally thought of this game. It really is a fun game and it's a shame that a lot of reviewers trashed it so early on.

The thing that drives me crazy about this game personally is how utterly unsatisfying the shooting is. I could forgive quite a few of the problems the game has if the main gameplay ( Shooting the poo poo out of things ) wasn't so goddamn terrible. Inaccurate guns coupled with a low ammo count do not make the game survival horror. They make it poo poo. The leveling system could have been great, turning your mercs into zombie-gibbing, BOW stomping badasses with better HP, accuracy, etc. Instead it's just a pointless number.

I don't want to spend 75% of my playtime scrounging for ammo after only killing two or three enemies. I'm hoping the multiplayer will be some sort of ME3-level addictive gem that will make me glad I'd dropped the cash.

limited fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 24, 2012

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

NO GOD DAMMIT! I'm so angry about this, I was really looking forward to playing this with my fiancé since it was announced. We just bought it, it says 1-4 players on the back and 1-8 on the network so I naturally assumed the 1-4 meant split screen. I'm so upset its not.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
Survivor is friggin' hilarious at times. The helicopter arrives and the enemy team is about to get on so I toss a zombie nade at the entrance so they get swarmed while I sneak on while they are getting torn apart as the chopper closes up and lifts off.

If anyone wants to Kick rear end in multiplayer I'll be on for the next few hours, just add Jzmisgoo.

Jzmisgoo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 24, 2012

Duel
Jan 27, 2005

This game is a true RE game when it comes to plot holes and sillyness, but really fun to play as an online game.

I've tried using the "special" attack which is assigned to my triangle button for several characters, and nothing is happening, so what the hell am I doing wrong? (Yes, it works fine with every other game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Duel posted:

This game is a true RE game when it comes to plot holes and sillyness, but really fun to play as an online game.

I've tried using the "special" attack which is assigned to my triangle button for several characters, and nothing is happening, so what the hell am I doing wrong? (Yes, it works fine with every other game)

Have you unlocked an ability first? Also if you are talking about the melee one then you have to press circle and then press triangle once they are staggered.

Also the biggest point of idiocy in the campaign is when Umbrella leaves them for dead and pretty much actively trying to kill them. So what does your team do? They go right back to working for Umbrella in the next level.