Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

oooh Invada promises news soon on DRIVE!! :jerkbag: It must suck to be this band "Beak" and constantly have your label tweeting "thanks for the inquiries on Drive, why not check out Beak instead?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Yeah it's so nice to see that they changed the text on the pre-order announcement page. It doesn't say the 8th anymore, now it just says "coming soon." So that's really helpful.

Russian Folk Songs
May 10, 2005

art for art's sake
I dont follow Invada but Beak> own, and are a side project of Geoff Barrow from Portishead, so maybe you should check them out.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

alg posted:

oooh Invada promises news soon on DRIVE!! :jerkbag: It must suck to be this band "Beak" and constantly have your label tweeting "thanks for the inquiries on Drive, why not check out Beak instead?"

Beak> is pretty awesome actually.

Blendy posted:

Yeah it's so nice to see that they changed the text on the pre-order announcement page. It doesn't say the 8th anymore, now it just says "coming soon." So that's really helpful.

I'd never heard of Invada before this whole Drive thing. And now I know Invada is poo poo. Nice going, Invada!

Blendy posted:

I like how you went with twits instead of tweets and how appropriate it is for the situation with Invada.

On other topics I got this awhile ago and it's soooooo good.

Getting back to this, Aquarius Records still had a copy on white vinyl for 15 bucks, so I nabbed it.

Great album, and worth the excessive shipping costs for Reverse Crystal alone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 20, 2012

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

CPL593H posted:

The other problem with old sealed LPs is that if you open it and it's defective, there's gently caress all you can do about it. At least with used LPs you can check the condition and with new stuff you can return defective items. Plus, you'll likely be paying a premium for it. This is actually why a lot of collectors stay away from vintage sealed LPs.

I already have all of ELO's albums on vinyl & CD. I'd just like to have a set of sealed ones.

Never heard of Graveface, but I'll be sure to check them out.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Getting back to this, Aquarius Records still had a copy on white vinyl for 15 bucks, so I nabbed it.

Great album, and worth the excessive shipping costs for Reverse Crystal alone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad you liked it. That white vinyl is so clean and beautiful. Had seen Aquarius Records page before. Is it just me or does it seem like something is wrong with the link to their store? It just keeps opening more tabs which load the main page.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Blendy posted:

Glad you liked it. That white vinyl is so clean and beautiful. Had seen Aquarius Records page before. Is it just me or does it seem like something is wrong with the link to their store? It just keeps opening more tabs which load the main page.

Whoops, link fixed. org, not com :downs:

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
I'm pretty sure Invada is Geoff from Portishead/Beak>'s label. It's probably a one or two man operation... you guys keep talking trash on them in this thread, but whatever. They're a cool label and I have a bunch of records they've put out. All of the really great stuff on the Drive soundtrack has already been released for a while. If you're massive Cliff Martinez fans or something, I guess I can understand the rage, but the Johnny Jewel stuff was better IMO.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Now, is the Invada Drive release the same one that Mondo is talking about, with the artwork by Tyler Stout? It's just that Invada is a UK label and Mondo is distributing for the US, right?

Either way, that thing is going to sell out like THAT, and you just know it's going to show up on ebay that very same day at insane markups. Ugh...

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

chime_on posted:

I'm pretty sure Invada is Geoff from Portishead/Beak>'s label. It's probably a one or two man operation... you guys keep talking trash on them in this thread, but whatever. They're a cool label and I have a bunch of records they've put out. All of the really great stuff on the Drive soundtrack has already been released for a while. If you're massive Cliff Martinez fans or something, I guess I can understand the rage, but the Johnny Jewel stuff was better IMO.

I don't think you get where the annoyance with Invada is coming from (hint: it's not because we can't get our hands on the Drive OST right this second)

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Devo announced their RSD release. It's a 1981 live recording from a Seattle concert:
http://devo-obsesso.com/seattle-1981-news.html

It's a pretty cool release because despite all of the live Devo recordings circulating, there aren't any really good ones from the New Traditionalists tour that I know of, and this show specifically hasn't been heard before.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

wa27 posted:

Devo announced their RSD release. It's a 1981 live recording from a Seattle concert:
http://devo-obsesso.com/seattle-1981-news.html

It's a pretty cool release because despite all of the live Devo recordings circulating, there aren't any really good ones from the New Traditionalists tour that I know of, and this show specifically hasn't been heard before.

gently caress, now I actually have to bother with Record Store Day.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

gently caress, now I actually have to bother with Record Store Day.

Likewise. Though it was pretty easy to find some of the DEVO releases well after RSD last year.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Likewise. Though it was pretty easy to find some of the DEVO releases well after RSD last year.

True, but knowing my luck it'll be the one thing that actually becomes difficult to find. And I really want that.

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Here's a pretty cool video about the making of the new Flaming Lips records for RSD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq70dsUmqI

The one's they've been pressing for this look insane.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I don't think you get where the annoyance with Invada is coming from (hint: it's not because we can't get our hands on the Drive OST right this second)

Apologies if it's some meta joke that's going over my head. There have just been a ton of posts about this in the last couple of weeks, and the record is still 2 months away from being released.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

chime_on posted:

Apologies if it's some meta joke that's going over my head. There have just been a ton of posts about this in the last couple of weeks, and the record is still 2 months away from being released.

There's no meta joke. We're upset about the label's lack of communication with us. They're being super vague and botching a pre-order like crazy. Their lack of effort to be more forthcoming is what is bringing out our ire. It doesn't matter when the record comes out it matters how they handle themselves as a business and they seem to be doing a poor job of it right now.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
It would take them mere seconds to change the pre-order date. Or explain the situation. Or not tell people from the very day the pre-order is supposed to go up that it will in fact go up soon. Soon being, not in the foreseeable future. All the while keeping people 'on a leash' of sorts while hawking your other inventory.

It being a two man operation changes nothing. It's just bad business.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Surfingelectrode posted:

Here's a pretty cool video about the making of the new Flaming Lips records for RSD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq70dsUmqI

The one's they've been pressing for this look insane.

He's touching the grooves with his fingers :gonk:

Great video though, I always find it amazing the process of pressing a record works at all.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/atalossrecordings/product_info.php?products_id=7035&cPath=719_721&store= the body and braveyoung split is up for preorder . This is a menacing record.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard of it before but I checked out a few tracks and I'm looking forward to this "doom choir" record showing up now.

Also did anyone else score the Glass Candy vinyl that was put up the other day? Glad I got one before it sold out again.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

alg posted:

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/atalossrecordings/product_info.php?products_id=7035&cPath=719_721&store= the body and braveyoung split is up for preorder . This is a menacing record.

Oooohhhhhh yessssss. Preordered, thanks for the heads up!

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Just got both of Shook's EPs in the mail. Shipped from the Netherlands, so shipping was about the same cost as the records. Really like that they were sent by him, and included a personalized thank you.

Shook - The Glow EP
Shook - The Rise and Fall EP

I'm giving one of you my download card for the Rise and Fall EP (one on the right). I already got the immediate download of both, and figured someone would appreciate it. Fans of Daft Punk, Justice, and Danger should check him out.

http://shook.bandcamp.com/yum
enter code: kqda-yafd

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Fors Yard posted:

I'm giving one of you my download card for the Rise and Fall EP (one on the right). I already got the immediate download of both, and figured someone would appreciate it. Fans of Daft Punk, Justice, and Danger should check him out.

http://shook.bandcamp.com/yum
enter code: kqda-yafd

Thanks for the code. I love Justice and Daft Punk so I'm excited to check this out.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Blendy posted:

Thanks for the code. I love Justice and Daft Punk so I'm excited to check this out.

Also taken. Thanks.

Edit : This guy is heavily influenced by Danger, holy poo poo.

midge fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 22, 2012

alg
Mar 14, 2007

if y'all liked the Assembly of Light choir's work on All The Waters... and Nothing Passes you might think of kickin them $10 to get their album made :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/251322322/the-assembly-of-light-choirs-full-length-album

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Blendy posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't heard of it before but I checked out a few tracks and I'm looking forward to this "doom choir" record showing up now.

Also did anyone else score the Glass Candy vinyl that was put up the other day? Glad I got one before it sold out again.

Yeah, I got the Glass Candy.

Anyone else disproportionately excited about this?

http://lightintheattic.net/releases/700-lee-hazlewood-the-lhi-years-singles-nudes-backsides-1968-71

alg
Mar 14, 2007

MBV just posted to FB that Loveless and Isn't Anything are being re-mastered for release on May 7

I hope this means LP and I hope I can get them!!

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Dang I want those! Isn't Anything is an amazing record. I bet that remaster is going to sound beautiful.

Mr. Stepmom
Feb 20, 2004

But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash
I was unaware that the previous reissues were so expensive on the secondary market. Is it totally immoral to flip them while they still have value and buy the new reissues in a couple of months? :)

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Just thought I'd sneak in a little self-promo if anybody in the gulf area is lurking. This is the 7th(I think) record fair I've thrown and I'm expecting about 30 vendors if the rain holds up

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

alg posted:

MBV just posted to FB that Loveless and Isn't Anything are being re-mastered for release on May 7

I hope this means LP and I hope I can get them!!

I saw that. Now I won't feel as special for owning both of them already.

Though my copy of Isn't Anything is in exceptionally poor condition so buying the reissue might be in order.

milk teeth
Oct 13, 2009

cool - 'grats Farts!
take some dang pictures this time willya? I can't be the only one who wants to see your lil 1-day fiefdom.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

milk teeth posted:

cool - 'grats Farts!
take some dang pictures this time willya? I can't be the only one who wants to see your lil 1-day fiefdom.
I've actually had a few at the last two, but I didn't bother lookin at em until about a month later. But OK I promise, this time I will

surc
Aug 17, 2004

JohnnyWarbucks posted:

Just pre-ordered Kishi Bashi's new LP on white vinyl today from Joyful Noise Records. Really looking forward to this one, comes out early April I think.

$15 for white vinyl + mp3 or $12 for black vinyl + mp3 from http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/

If you haven't heard any of the stuff from his EP, I would reccomend checking out Bright Whites, Manchester, or It All Began With a Burst.

I checked this out based on this recommendation, and loved what I heard. Got my pre-order download code today if anybody wants it.

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/digital/
Catalog # : jnr92
Code : 4BZF0M49

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

surc posted:

I checked this out based on this recommendation, and loved what I heard. Got my pre-order download code today if anybody wants it.

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/digital/
Catalog # : jnr92
Code : 4BZF0M49

Been meaning to check this out, so grabbing that. Thanks, surc!

Edit: drat, that's a really cool album.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 23, 2012

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm pretty tempted to buy this, but it's loving $50 if I order it to the US. I dunno if I should... I do really love it.

Thoughts?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Russian Folk Songs posted:

I dont follow Invada but Beak> own, and are a side project of Geoff Barrow from Portishead, so maybe you should check them out.

Invada is Barrow's label. They're pretty untouchable in my book having released various stuff by The Heads (who are easily top 3 heavy psych bands in the world right now).

In other news: Dusty Groove has early Funkadelic discography in store right now. It's all on 180g and goes for $15. May seem steep, but these 4 Men With Beards reissues go for $18 minimum elsewhere.

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=ymbx2hh6f6&ref=browse.php&refQ=kwfilter%3Dfunkadelic%26amp%3Bincl_oos%3D1%26amp%3Bincl_cs%3D1

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=5ddpsj5697&ref=browse.php&refQ=kwfilter%3Dfunkadelic%26amp%3Bincl_oos%3D1%26amp%3Bincl_cs%3D1

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
How bizarre. Just listened to my copy of The Avalanches - Since I Left You in honor of that possible re-release and even though it's the Modular release, several samples on Frontier Psychiatrist aren't the originals. Really odd.

e:This video uses all the original samples, but my copy doesn't.

That's disappointing.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

WASDF posted:

I'm pretty tempted to buy this, but it's loving $50 if I order it to the US. I dunno if I should... I do really love it.

Thoughts?

Thoughts = great looking cover, can I get a name. Please excuses my ignorance.