Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Programming you say? That reminds me that I need a programmer for this MMO I'm making...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

SlothfulCobra posted:

You see, it's called the dark continent.

Negroes dance with their senses. (While Europeans can only dance with their minds.) They dance with their legs, breasts, and bellies. This was the dance of the Egyptians, the whole of antiquity, the Orient. This is the dance of the Negroes. One can only envy them, for this is life, sun, primeval forests, the singing of birds and the roar of a leopard, earth. They never dance naked: and yet, how naked is the dance! They have put on clothes only to show that clothes do not exist for them.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Slack Motherfucker posted:

Speaking of which, Perl isn't a real programming language it's just executable line noise for unbearable nerd hipsters

On a similar note, Python is a useless language that's only popular because the xkcd guy likes it.

And since we're all talking about programming, Microsoft Visual Studio is the best IDE on the market.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes

lessthankyle posted:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
It's not racist to say black people like barbeque, I think you're the racist!
Also watermelons and niggardly.

Slide Rule
Feb 21, 2007

Emoticons will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Dancingthroughlife posted:

It's not racist to say black people like barbeque, I think you're the racist!

Cut a waterwelon in half and fill it with Everclear, stick it in the sand and you're a hipster.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

It's okay for me to say "watermelon" because I'm fat.

Slide Rule
Feb 21, 2007

Emoticons will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

hyperhazard posted:

It's okay for me to say "watermelon" because I'm fat.

No, only because you may not be causasian. Let's discuss food and ethnicity for like 5 pages, because bananas ARE funny you pig! We can joke here, right?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Allow me to explain how white people are actually the victims of 'reverse racism'

MoonTuna
Feb 11, 2011

by angerbot
Hey guys burning a Qur'an is not terrorism, burning a bible is.

Also, most gay conservatives have a drug problem.

It is the governments job to regulate women's reproductive processes.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Anyone who has kids nowadays is selfish as gently caress.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes

Polo-Rican posted:

China has the right idea!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slide Rule posted:

No, only because you may not be causasian. Let's discuss food and ethnicity for like 5 pages, because bananas ARE funny you pig! We can joke here, right?

Bananas are proof of intelligent design, but really only good for practicing fellatio. Cucumbers and squash, on the other hand, are proof that god wants insecure girls to really stretch their boundaries.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

China has the right idea!

If China has overpopulation problems, why not just send a bunch of people to Japan? Problem solved!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nobody was talking about Japan you weeaboo. Can't we have a single thread on this forum that doesn't get poo poo up with anime?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I don't like how it's called homophobia. It's not that I'm afraid of homosexuality, I simply disapprove of what those faggots do in their bedrooms... and in filthy public restrooms.

All I can really ask though is that they stay away from children so they don't molest them.

GreatGreen has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Mar 21, 2012

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

RandomFerret posted:

Nobody was talking about Japan you weeaboo. Can't we have a single thread on this forum that doesn't get poo poo up with anime?

We weren't talking about anime until you popped in, mr anime-tar(d).

your av owns btw. wubadub is that true? yes

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
The more liberal the Simpsons got, the shittier it got.

That goes double for Family Guy.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The cookie is the better part of the oreo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure every game on [Console you owned as a child] objectively sucked. [Console you did not own], now that's where the good poo poo was.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure every game on [Console you owned as a child] objectively sucked. [Console you did not own], now that's where the good poo poo was.

You didn't have both? Glad to see that MY parents loved me, at least.

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.
Mass Effect 3's ending.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

XenophobicAirport posted:

Mass Effect 3's ending.
...was AMAZING.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

They should've made another Star Control game instead of trying to rip some of the world building and stick it in a third person shooter.

Games that are one man slaughtering armies make fundamentally less sense.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Peanut President posted:

We weren't talking about anime until you popped in, mr anime-tar(d).

your av owns btw. wubadub is that true? yes

All anime sucks, and the people who like it are worthless social rejects and sperglords.

Except for Ghost in the Shell, that's pretty rad.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

oddspelling posted:

All anime sucks, and the people who like it are worthless social rejects and sperglords.

Except for Ghost in the Shell, that's pretty rad.

Have you not heard of cowboy bebop? That was loving incredible because it had jazz, which is completely revolutionary and snazzy.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pure mathematics is the only true mathematics. All the rest is basically physics and not worthy of critical thought by anyone who considers themselves better than a lowly engineer. :mmmhmm:

All applied mathematics is just stolen from pure mathematics.

All physics is just stolen from mathematics.

Physicists are just people who are too dumb to be good mathematicians and so spend their time playing with toys and gadgets instead of doing actual work.

mcstanb
Mar 21, 2011
New Order > Joy Division. I imagine a hipster's coffee cup would shatter on his eco-friendly loft floor

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

mcstanb posted:

New Order > Joy Division. I imagine a hipster's coffee cup would shatter on his eco-friendly loft floor
If either of those bands has a website, they've sold out.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

hyperhazard posted:

If either of those bands has a website, they've sold out.

poo poo, the minute a band accepts so much as change for gas money they've put one foot on the road of no return to being beholden to the public.

Though quite frankly any band that plays music within a pre-existing genre, or even influenced by said genre, is automatically creatively bankrupt; so it's not like it matters. I may not be as famous as the Beatles, but the fact that my aharmonious solo 'found instrument' work isn't regurgitated vomit like 'Sgt. Pepper' lets me sleep far better at night than they ever could.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Breetai posted:

poo poo, the minute a band accepts so much as change for gas money they've put one foot on the road of no return to being beholden to the public.

Though quite frankly any band that plays music within a pre-existing genre, or even influenced by said genre, is automatically creatively bankrupt; so it's not like it matters. I may not be as famous as the Beatles, but the fact that my aharmonious solo 'found instrument' work isn't regurgitated vomit like 'Sgt. Pepper' lets me sleep far better at night than they ever could.

Nothing is art if people are willing to offer things in exchange for it, like money. Art should just exist. In fact you should never even show it to other people, they inherently degrade it by trying to interpret it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Nothing is art if people are willing to offer things in exchange for it, like money. Art should just exist. In fact you should never even show it to other people, they inherently degrade it by trying to interpret it.

The sole exception to this is videogames; because rather than interpret the art, people create it through the choices they make in-game. Videogames are the tools used to make art; as such paying for them is like paying for brushes and an easel, if you will.

Bagelsport
Nov 14, 2005

I picked up a doctor - he's good with a knife
Says anaesthetic's a waste
of his time
Sealo's stuff from Goodie Mob and Gnarls Barkly was way too hip-hop for me but I can't stop listening to "Forget You" :3:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Pure mathematics is the only true mathematics. All the rest is basically physics and not worthy of critical thought by anyone who considers themselves better than a lowly engineer. :mmmhmm:

All applied mathematics is just stolen from pure mathematics.

All physics is just stolen from mathematics.

Physicists are just people who are too dumb to be good mathematicians and so spend their time playing with toys and gadgets instead of doing actual work.

Amen brother, allow me to link you to my favorite strip from XKCD, the greatest webcomic known to man.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

Anyone who has any form of sex is perpetuating rape culture and/or is a victim of patriarchy.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gay Abortions posted:

Anyone who has any form of sex is perpetuating rape culture and/or is a victim of patriarchy.

Even lesbians who use strap-ons are essentially engaging in heteronormative rape apologea.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Your privilege is showing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Bixington posted:

Your privilege is showing.

You say that I'm privileged, but my daddy worked hard to afford the most exclusive schools and the best opportunities for me; as would anyone who truly cared about their kids. You shouldn't let your desire to make excuses for unmotivated poor people cause you to treat those who work hard to make something for their family's lives with comtempt. You can bet your rear end that if I wasn't ChildFree I'd do the same for my crotchdroppings, so as long as what I'm prepared to give matches what I've gotten, where's the privilege? My contributions would be the same as my benefits, which puts me morally far ahead of some mother on welfare.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Breetai posted:

Even lesbians who use strap-ons are essentially engaging in heteronormative rape apologea.
Butches are gender traitors corrupting women's spaces with their masculinity, and femmes are deluded dress-up dolls stuck in the clutches of the fashion industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

TwoPair posted:

Amen brother, allow me to link you to my favorite strip from XKCD, the greatest webcomic known to man.

Pass me that link once I finish reading this hilarious Maddox article. The man speaks the truth, what can I say?

• Locked thread