Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Man, this thread is great. I kept forgetting to actually post in it while just following Lazerbot's story and checking out all the awesome fan art and animations, but the other comics recommended in this thread are also fantastic. All of them have a very outsider-type approach in one way or another and I'm loving it.

For some reason, all I could think of while reading Hitmen For Destiny was that it'd translate really well to the medium of a Syfy original series.

Lazerbot, if you really are reading this, thanks for the work. Your comic's a blast and I hope that you keep doing what it is you do best and never let any rear end whole trolls try and bring you down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Knormal posted:

Maybe he's "training" in the sense of he's walking through the field pretending to be a train.

No, mum, I won#t be home for dinner. BECAUSE I'm going out Training, God!

Warm and Crunchy
Mar 1, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

This is really awesome. Reminds me of thecatamite's games, especially Space Funeral.

Funny you mention that, since the catamites guy said he was heavily influenced by J Chastain. Space Funeral also had a way rad soundtrack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-TDGW-zXs

Also, I'm not really getting the hype for "Hitmen for Destiny." The art style is really offputting and generic and the panel sequencing is just tedious as hell.

Warm and Crunchy fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 23, 2012

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is like an unironically good version of that godawful Cartoon Network anime comic where Mandy was responsible for 9/11. The art is somehow better, too.

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Sonic & friends get trolled: Become a webcomic Hipster ITT

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Lazerbot drew another piece of self-fanart:

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

nerdbot posted:

Lazerbot drew another piece of self-fanart:

That is one clean bullethole.

e: Their expressions are the best. Daffy just seems so resigned to having a hole in his head.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 23, 2012

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

Narmi posted:

That is one clean bullethole.

All the blood drained out into the background.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Entry wounds can be relatively clean, exit wounds though...not so much.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I just read the entirety of Hitmen for Destiny. Wow, that was long! And entertaining!

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Entry wounds can be relatively clean, exit wounds though...not so much.

Keep in mind Bugs was shot in the back of the head.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

Cechmanek posted:

It's fan art; I don't believe it has to be cannon.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Can the OP put the imgur gallery with the whole thing in the first post?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cechmanek posted:

And yet, the real hole was put... in his heart.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

ToastyPotato posted:

Can the OP put the imgur gallery with the whole thing in the first post?

If you were looking for it, it is my imgur account: here

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Holy poo poo, Hitmen For Destiny. I'm in the Passion, Lies, and Fungus part and this might be some of the most convoluted series of events for what is essentially a sub-sub-sub-sub part of the actual story. This is crazy.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Finally got around to finishing Hitmen for Destiny and holy poo poo is this brilliant! Especially the ending. I was completely blown away by Jymre's gambit near the end. I feel if this guy got in touch with a good artist and a decent proofreader he could be churning out gold.

Burnsaber posted:

Sorry don't know. It wasn't swedish or finnish, if that helps. I don't know a single word of norwegian, so it might be that.

EDIT: I just kind of found it funny this norwegian person (literally) demonized my whole language. It's cool though, finnish is the odd man out in the nordic languages (it has ural roots instead other nordic languages), so I'm not mad or anything.

EDIT EDIT: gently caress, I just realized I don't have a clue about scandinavia (and I live there!). The words might even be Danish or Icelandic. And I just had to check what language they speak in Iceland. I'd probably flunk elementary school geography now. I'm a poor scandic person :negative:

I guess this comic gives us all something to reflect on.

It's definitely not Icelandic and I'm pretty sure it's not Danish either. Most likely it's just some random gibberish with some Norwegian words thrown in for good measure.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Jeez I guess I better give Hitmen another chance. I quit after the whole portal monster part, but I'll admit I was on cold meds and kind of loopy at the time.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The thing with Hitmen for Destiny is that a web comic probably wasn't the best medium for the story, but it really is one hell of a story. The author has a talent for writing, but not art.

To stay on-topic, I would say that lazerbot is better at art because it's more affecting (intentionally or not), though both are in the "lovely mspaint" tier

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur

Zoinker posted:

Finally got around to finishing Hitmen for Destiny and holy poo poo is this brilliant! Especially the ending. I was completely blown away by Jymre's gambit near the end.

The part that got me the most about it was when we discover the whole reason he put his and everyone else around him's lives in incredible danger time and time again, trying to change destiny in his favor, was all because he wanted to impress a girl in his home world because he felt like she deserved better than him, a minimum wage worker living with his mother.

visceril posted:

The thing with Hitmen for Destiny is that a web comic probably wasn't the best medium for the story, but it really is one hell of a story. The author has a talent for writing, but not art.

To stay on-topic, I would say that lazerbot is better at art because it's more affecting (intentionally or not), though both are in the "lovely mspaint" tier

This much I'll agree on. Hitmen's monster designs were well thought out, but the art left a lot to be desired. At least Tails gets trolled has art that by itself elicits some sort of response.

Chinese Tony Danza fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 23, 2012

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
If you guys like that other comic so much why don't you marry it? Because every time I see 10+ posts I think there's a new Lazerbot page up and there isn't. You're minorly inconveniencing me. :reject:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zoinker posted:

It's definitely not Icelandic and I'm pretty sure it's not Danish either. Most likely it's just some random gibberish with some Norwegian words thrown in for good measure.

It seems mostly like very gibberish-ized Norwegian to me. Some sentences are recognizable, some are not.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, i read a spell backwards, and it was just... backwards Norwegian. Gotta check if all of it is like that. :psyboom:
e2: Yup, looks like most of it just Norwegian written backward! Well, the WORDS are written backwards, but the sentence structure remains the same. Not all of it though. Some of it looks kinda latin.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 23, 2012

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

visceril posted:

I really hate to continue the Hitmen derail, but this isn't necessarily the case. At least, he may not be very good at narrative prose. He is, however, very good at visual timing, which is a different sort of skill. The art in that comic is unfortunate but I can't imagine the story being told quite as well in another medium.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bonaventure posted:

I really hate to continue the Hitmen derail, but this isn't necessarily the case. At least, he may not be very good at narrative prose. He is, however, very good at visual timing, which is a different sort of skill. The art in that comic is unfortunate but I can't imagine the story being told quite as well in another medium.

Yep, I can't imagine any of the head spike jokes working in a medium where we can't actually see it

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think we need a thread for Hitmen for Destiny, because I want to talk about it too, but derails about things that are awesome are still derails. If no one else wants to I'll put together an OP when I finish reading it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Elysiume posted:

Have the last two in a loop.
:catstare:
thoughs eyes
thoughs eyes
thoughs eyes

Oh man this is a great idea, but I have no experience making gifs. This ought to be informative.

Edit: That wasn't very hard. Now to find some custom text.
e2: yussss

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 23, 2012

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
Made this.

Alternative

rubbe fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 23, 2012

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

rubbe posted:

Made this.

Alternative

These are perfect.

I really wanted to get in before everyone stopped talking about Hitmen for Destiny but it's really incredible. If anyone has doubts about it or anything, just read it. It's amazing. We just need an update from lazerbot to get us back on track now.

E: finished Hitmen for Destiny.
:stare: I...didn't expect that gambit at the end. That was incredible.

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 23, 2012

Scurrilous
Sep 2, 2006
evolutionary throwback

Luigi: He's got away from us, Elmer.

Mr. Fudd: 'Fraid you're right, Mr. L. He's gone.

Bonus Fudd Edit:

Scurrilous fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 23, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

rubbe posted:

Made this.

Alternative

These are great! I hope you don't mind, but edited them slightly to add transparency:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I loved Lazerbot's latest "fan art," so I decided to make this from it:

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Vogon Poet posted:

I loved Lazerbot's latest "fan art," so I decided to make this from it:

If you could change the TGT to There Will Be Blood, It'll be my new avatar for real.

vvvvv gently caress yeah, buying the poo poo out of that when I get home.

FreakerByTheSpeaker fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 24, 2012

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

If you could change the TGT to There Will Be Blood, It'll be my new avatar for real.

I forgot the arrows, unfortunately.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh my god, the movie within the comic about the plot of the comic. Maybe Hitmen for Destiny does need its own topic, it's better than tails gets trolled.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh my god, the movie within the comic about the plot of the comic. Maybe Hitmen for Destiny does need its own topic, it's better than tails gets trolled.

Too bad it's already completed, though we could always talk about his still ongoing space-spy one.

Maybe we need a 'Good Bad Webcomics' megathread in BSS, where we post and discuss all the :effort: mspaint comics that somehow manage to be entertaining in spite of themselves.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zoinker posted:

Too bad it's already completed, though we could always talk about his still ongoing space-spy one.

Maybe we need a 'Good Bad Webcomics' megathread in BSS, where we post and discuss all the :effort: mspaint comics that somehow manage to be entertaining in spite of themselves.

That wouldn't really fit for Hitmen, though. It's good in spite of the art, but that was seriously one of the most well-written stories I have ever read in any medium. The characters were well fleshed out and very rarely

I'm going to stop gushing before I contribute to a derail. I think we just need a thread.

Burnsaber
Jan 16, 2011

I'm a wizard and
I don't pee.
I'm a videogame

razorrozar7 posted:

That wouldn't really fit for Hitmen, though. It's good in spite of the art, but that was seriously one of the most well-written stories I have ever read in any medium. The characters were well fleshed out and very rarely

I'm going to stop gushing before I contribute to a derail. I think we just need a thread.

Yeah, a thread would be awesome. I wanna talk about how I'm summoning demons everyday.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

razorrozar7 posted:

There is absolutely not a single thing in Hitmen For Destiny or Accidental Space Spy that I don't want to steal for my RPGs.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

March 24th is now lazerbot Day!
It's like Christmas, but the presents are so much better:

Three pages worth of Tails gets trolled.

mean while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
No-ears man is getting so irate! Why won't people listen when he reminds them he can't hear anything?

On another note, I don't want to think too hard about what a troll dildo would entail