Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

crm posted:

Does anybody happen to have a script that will convert stuff sickbeard pulls down to an ipad friendly format?

I'd love to maintain a list of shows that after they are grabbed, it is converted to mp4 or whatever and dumped the "automatically add to itunes" directory.

I could write one, however I am lazy and would prefer using one that already exists :)

I posted this a few months ago:

amf5 posted:

Sure, but there's a few requirements:

• MP4Box
  • ffmpeg and ffprobe (last time I checked ~2 months ago libav won't work since it doesn't support CAF)
  • (non-OS X only; install before ffmpeg) libfaac for AAC encoding
  • (non-OS X only; install before ffmpeg) LAME for MP3 encoding
  • mkvtoolnix for converting MKV files (particularly mkvextract and only needed if you're going to be using the script for that)
  • libsndfile and SoX for remixing AC3 or DTS to AAC

and some caveats:
  • Only looks for the first English subtitle track it can find, but this is easy enough to change (look for "sindex=$" in makemp4)
  • If a file has an AC3 or DTS track, it has to be remixed before being converted to AAC. afconvert on OS X will read AC3 files, but channel mapping is broken on files that already have a channel layout (read: pretty much everything), and ffmpeg's channel mapping is also currently broken so the script first dumps these formats to WAV and then remixes it with SoX (which can't read AC3 or DTS natively :saddowns:) and outputs this to a CAF file since libsndfile doesn't support giving that a channel map (which is good because it'd be hosed up if ffmpeg/afconvert read it), and then converts this using afconvert on OS X or ffmpeg on whatever else. This means that converting a 5.1 track will temporarily take up about 1.4 GB per hour (so around 3 GB for a typical movie). It also means that this is going to take a while (about 10 minutes on a Q9550 @ 3.2GHz with a lovely 5400-7200 RPM variable speed HDD).
  • iOS 5 won't read MP4 files with MP3 audio tracks, so they have to be remuxed to MOV format. This isn't really a huge deal and only takes about 30 seconds or so, but if you're going to be streaming remuxed files to iOS devices change line 4 of the post-processing script to be "ios=1".
  • the post-processing script will only do MKV or AVI, but if you run the regular script it'll try to remux anything that ffmpeg can read (which is pretty much anything) as long as it has a H264/MPEG-4 video track.
  • I try to avoid XviD/AVI poo poo whenever I can, so I haven't tested the file merging part very much (although I have tested it...), and it'll only work with files in a series with either "cdx" or "a" "b" "c" or "d" on the end (ex. lovely.Movie.cd1.avi, lovely.Movie.cd2.avi and lovely.Movie.cd3.avi). I also didn't really spend a ton of time implementing it because it's not something I use very often, so it might not work as expected.
  • Both scripts are really, really messy since I basically just tacked on functionality whenever I needed it.

Download:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8706979/makemp4
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8706979/makemp4-pp

do chmod +x on both files, then put makemp4 in /usr/local/bin and makemp4-pp in SABnzbd's scripts folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Ragingsheep posted:

Isn't mp4 the new defacto standard?

For what?

Definitely not for stuff downloaded off of Usenet.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
All new SD scene content is going to be in mp4 due to a scene rule change.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sperg Victorious posted:

Wait, so was this finally passed by scene Parliament?

I'm only half being a dick though. I just always thought that 'scene' was shorthand for IRC buds who rip and cap and supply private FTP servers that supply Usenet and then finally the unwashed hordes on demonoid and other BT sites.

How are there rules beyond just informal naming and codec conventions to make indexing easier.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

mrmcd posted:

Wait, so was this finally passed by scene Parliament?

I'm only half being a dick though. I just always thought that 'scene' was shorthand for IRC buds who rip and cap and supply private FTP servers that supply Usenet and then finally the unwashed hordes on demonoid and other BT sites.

How are there rules beyond just informal naming and codec conventions to make indexing easier.

I don't really get how its enforceable, but there are a bunch of rules for all kinds of things. The depth is actually surprising.

http://scenerules.irc.gs/t.html?id=2012_SDTVx264r.nfo

Edit: Although, the scene parliament joke is funny because there is a 'Nuke Council.'

Sperg Victorious fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 20, 2012

crm
Oct 24, 2004

amf5 posted:

I posted this a few months ago:

Dang, I'll give this a shot.

Does it populate the metadata on the files? Can you specify a list of the shows that are done?

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
My limited understanding as an outsider is that there's a network of 'secure' private FTPs, usually referred to as topsites, that the release groups upload to, and it's those topsites that enforce the extensive scene rules, in the interests of quality and consistency. The releases then trickle down to all the various outlets for consumption by the unwashed masses: usenet, FXP groups, FTP dumps, IRC XDCC channels, torrents, cyberlockers, other P2P programs and so on. As far as I know, all of those outlets are viewed with an equal amount of disdain.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

crm posted:

Dang, I'll give this a shot.

Does it populate the metadata on the files? Can you specify a list of the shows that are done?

It doesn't, primarily because I haven't been able to find an easily parsable source for metadata that doesn't completely loving suck (Subler uses TheTVDB for example, and some of the descriptions are just horrendously bad/rife with errors).

I'm not sure what you mean by "a list of the shows that are done", but if you want to do multiple files the post-processing script will do that automatically, or if you want to do it outside of SABnzbd you can do something like
code:
for movie in *.mkv; do makemp4 "$movie"; done

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Sperg Victorious posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot anyone still downloads SD.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Thermopyle posted:

I get a few things that I just don't care about in HD, only to discover that it's all hosed up in VLC (but not WMP, so what the hell)

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Thermopyle posted:

I get a few air-by-date shows in SD still due to the HD release being very sporadic. I have it set to grab whatever comes out first.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Pff, it's Web-DL or nothing. :smug:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Speaking of which, is there a way to get sickbeard to exclude certain patterns in searches? There's one group that always seems to gently caress up the release more than anyone else.

By the time I get around to watching most shows someone else has released a WebDL or correct release, but sickbeard won't replace it unless I tell it to manually re-search, and then I have to wait on my 10Mbps to download it. I'd rather it just wait several hours to snatch from a group that doesn't have problems all the time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What are the maximum number of connections for astraweb's three SSL servers? I had always used the general severs before and the limit for them was 50, but I don't think that's the case here because I keep getting errors/warnings about too many connections.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

mrmcd posted:

Speaking of which, is there a way to get sickbeard to exclude certain patterns in searches? There's one group that always seems to gently caress up the release more than anyone else.

Nothing I've found so far. There's a particular group that keeps releasing 1080i MPEG2 .ts direct stream rips and of course Sickbeard sees those and thinks "ooh, a HD copy!" and downloads a retardedly large file that no one in their right mind should want. I'd love to filter them out entirely, but unfortunately that doesnt' seem possible.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
You have to do it by hand in the config.ini, look for the ignore_words variable.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
When using Couchpotato are you forced to use the category function of Sanzbd to send it to whatever folder upon completion or does it handle that like Sickbeard does? Insofar it appears to just dump it into the default completed folder is this because I haven't enabled post processing somehow with Couchpotato or does it just not have that built in?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

YouTuber posted:

When using Couchpotato are you forced to use the category function of Sanzbd to send it to whatever folder upon completion or does it handle that like Sickbeard does? Insofar it appears to just dump it into the default completed folder is this because I haven't enabled post processing somehow with Couchpotato or does it just not have that built in?

Settings>Renaming>Movie destination?

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...
I'm trying to move away from running sabnzbd on my local machine, so I created a new VM of Ubuntu server and installed it there using the jcfp/ppa repo.

Now that the new sab install is finished, I switched over the info in sick beard to start using the new install. SB connects fine to SAB. Whenever SB sends a .nzb to the new SAB however, it errors out saying "URL Fetching failed; Unusable NZB file". I tried putting my local sab server info back into SB and resending the .nzb . This worked just fine and it downloaded. After changing back to the new sab, I changed the search order in SB to use the SB indexer first. It found the file and sent to sab, but same error again. So it seems it's not a problem with a specific site. I tried searching the SAB forums but every instance of this error I found is being blamed on the site causing malformed nzb's. Is there something simple I am missing in the config?

Posts Only Secrets fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 21, 2012

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

What are the maximum number of connections for astraweb's three SSL servers? I had always used the general severs before and the limit for them was 50, but I don't think that's the case here because I keep getting errors/warnings about too many connections.

20. Unless your on a 100mb connection there shouldn't be a speed difference.

pearofducks
Jan 21, 2003

quack?
For anyone wanting sickbeard to prefer the x264 SD rips. Someone put up a few quick lines to change:

code:
diff --git a/sickbeard/search.py b/sickbeard/search.py
index 52b1e12..9d2fe24 100644
--- a/sickbeard/search.py
+++ b/sickbeard/search.py
@@ -210,6 +210,9 @@ def pickBestResult(results, quality_list=None):
                 bestResult = cur_result
             elif "internal" in bestResult.name.lower() and "internal" not in cur_result.name.lower():
                 bestResult = cur_result
+            elif "xvid" in bestResult.name.lower() and "x264" in cur_result.name.lower():
+                logger.log(u"Preferring " + cur_result.name + " (x264 over xvid)")
+                bestResult = cur_result

if bestResult:
         logger.log(u"Picked "+bestResult.name+" as the best", logger.DEBUG)

Doctor Jokie
Mar 28, 2003

The guy can't even spell poker.

Lusername posted:

My limited understanding as an outsider is that there's a network of 'secure' private FTPs, usually referred to as topsites, that the release groups upload to, and it's those topsites that enforce the extensive scene rules, in the interests of quality and consistency. The releases then trickle down to all the various outlets for consumption by the unwashed masses: usenet, FXP groups, FTP dumps, IRC XDCC channels, torrents, cyberlockers, other P2P programs and so on. As far as I know, all of those outlets are viewed with an equal amount of disdain.

You have the general idea right.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Is BlockNews the best provider to look into if I want to get a limited plan (preferably 10gb a month)?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

wolrah posted:

Nothing I've found so far. There's a particular group that keeps releasing 1080i MPEG2 .ts direct stream rips and of course Sickbeard sees those and thinks "ooh, a HD copy!" and downloads a retardedly large file that no one in their right mind should want. I'd love to filter them out entirely, but unfortunately that doesnt' seem possible.

Are you on the latest version? Pretty sure that was fixed aeons ago.. It considers them as 'other', and hasn't grabbed one since I set mine up about 7 months ago.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
Anyone having issues with supernews? sabnzbd tells me that the user/pass is wrong, but then I test it in the options window and it works, downloads for another minute or so, then tells me it's wrong again. Really frustrating because it's trying to get some blocks so I can almost taste it being done!

e: a restart of sab fixed it!

ambushsabre fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 24, 2012

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Mr. Blastaway posted:

Is BlockNews the best provider to look into if I want to get a limited plan (preferably 10gb a month)?

more or less. less headaches to deal with since it isnt on the highwinds backbone like the other block providers.

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.

Drizzt01 posted:

20. Unless your on a 100mb connection there shouldn't be a speed difference.

I tried it on a >200 mbit connection and found somewhere around 5-10 was ideal, at 20 the speed would oscillate wildly leading to lower average throughput.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

longview posted:

I tried it on a >200 mbit connection and found somewhere around 5-10 was ideal, at 20 the speed would oscillate wildly leading to lower average throughput.

This depends on a lot of factors. The only thing you can do is test it out and see what works best.

I'm on 100mbit and have to use 30 connections to max out.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The pHo posted:

Are you on the latest version? Pretty sure that was fixed aeons ago.. It considers them as 'other', and hasn't grabbed one since I set mine up about 7 months ago.

Latest version from git. I've done the config.ini thing now, didn't know about that, now MPEG2, 1080i, and the group's name are on my exclusion list. I haven't seen one of these crap files in a few months, but I had switched a lot of the affected shows to SD-only to avoid this so I don't know if/when Sickbeard may have fixed it.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

For the last two days I've been getting ~400KB/sec with Super News on my 100 Mb internet connection. I'm used to 4+ MB/sec (even though my connection is capable of more). Anyone know what is going on?

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

TreFitty posted:

For the last two days I've been getting ~400KB/sec with Super News on my 100 Mb internet connection. I'm used to 4+ MB/sec (even though my connection is capable of more). Anyone know what is going on?

Don't think it's supernews, I'm getting 7-9mb/s in the last couple of days (as is usual).

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For some reason, sabnzbd likes to randomly stop downloading files until I restart it. I'm using an airport extreme with MacBook air. My usenet provider is super news. My ISP is road runner. I never had this issue when I had comcast with a different modems a couple months ago.

I've tried both SSL and non-SSL. Any ideas?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
A friend of mine is running sabnzbd, but he's having some troubles with it.

His download speed is around 3 or 4 megabytes per second, and he can sometimes get that, but often times it will drop down to a couple of kilobytes per second. I was watching it while it did this, and nothing was using much CPU at the time (a 70 GB ISO was being parred, but the par2 process was only using about 3% cpu). It's running on WHS v1, and my knowledge of the XP/2003 task manager is fuzzy now, but the task manager graphs show him using something like 800mb of page file, though he has 4GB of memory and sabnzbd was using the most memory at 300mb.

My first thought was that he wasn't using enough connections, and that's all set properly, so I'm not sure where else to look. Would the log file shed any light on this?

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

FISHMANPET posted:

A friend of mine is running sabnzbd, but he's having some troubles with it.

His download speed is around 3 or 4 megabytes per second, and he can sometimes get that, but often times it will drop down to a couple of kilobytes per second. I was watching it while it did this, and nothing was using much CPU at the time (a 70 GB ISO was being parred, but the par2 process was only using about 3% cpu). It's running on WHS v1, and my knowledge of the XP/2003 task manager is fuzzy now, but the task manager graphs show him using something like 800mb of page file, though he has 4GB of memory and sabnzbd was using the most memory at 300mb.

My first thought was that he wasn't using enough connections, and that's all set properly, so I'm not sure where else to look. Would the log file shed any light on this?

I've seen similar behavior when it appears that there are missing blocks and SAB starts looking on backups. But I'm not sure if thats happening to your friend though.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Oh, this is bullshit. I know now why my downloads are slow: they moved me over to the EU Super News server despite me specifying the American one. I am in Korea. Anything I can do do force a connection to America?

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I was reading the latest SickBeard commits and saw this "Start migrating people away from nzbs.org and to the new site" and references to beta.nzbs.org. Anyone know anything about this? Going to beta.nzbs.org just redirects to wikipedia currently.

Cheese Bridge Area
Jan 27, 2008

Softcox posted:

I was reading the latest SickBeard commits and saw this "Start migrating people away from nzbs.org and to the new site" and references to beta.nzbs.org. Anyone know anything about this? Going to beta.nzbs.org just redirects to wikipedia currently.

You need to click on the login at the top right.

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005

TreFitty posted:

Oh, this is bullshit. I know now why my downloads are slow: they moved me over to the EU Super News server despite me specifying the American one. I am in Korea. Anything I can do do force a connection to America?

Haha what the gently caress is this? They moved you? What do you mean?

You specify what servers you connect to, I don't see how "they" moved you...

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Softcox posted:

The beta site is going live soon and they updated their API keys so they're just making sure people know and transition properly. When you updated Sickbeard it will spam a big notification in the upper right and you can disable the old nzbs.org provider entry and just enter your new API key (found in your profile at beta.nzbs.org after you login).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
When did SABnzbd get a tray icon and how do I turn it off?