Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

This thread has evolved from thinking he's a school shooter-in-waiting to admiring his views on the depictions of rape scenes in art.

Holy hell, this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I respect this guy.

This is a pretty good webcomic. I'm not being ironic here. I am a connoisseur of bad webcomics. I read bad webcomics ironically and also unironically all the time. And that 'look, I don't want to draw rape, okay?' thing alone puts him above you-don't-even-want-to-know-how-many other comics.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lazerbot, since I know you're probably reading this thread, you're awesome and don't listen to creepy people who want you to draw rape scenes or anything that would upset you. Keep up what you're doing, this comic is a crazy wonderful thing. :unsmith:

Also,

nerdbot posted:

(e: wait this is stupid, but is it generally preferred to edit a post when you're responding to one below it, rather than making a second reply?)

It doesn't really matter. Some people do this, some people don't. The person may not see it if you just edit your post, but if you don't want to clutter up the thread with too many posts at once then go for it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lazerbot, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for not drawing any necrophiliac rape scenes. I think I speak for the whole thread (aside from maybe that dude who drew the "troll colt" with the giant dong) when I say that we respect your decorum.

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 25, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I'm going to agree. Not drawing rape is a pretty good idea, and you have my respect for sticking to that. :patriot:

This comic is an amazing thrill ride of amusement. May it last forever.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
His tact in on this manner is going a long way to proving my personal theory that opinions on whether this comic is unironically good, or so bad its good, or both (my personal opinion) totally aside, that lazerbot is at the very least a decent guy :unsmith:

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 25, 2012

Patriot
Feb 13, 2012
Lazerbot can choose for himself if he wants rape scenes or not, please do not censor the artistic genius. :)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

So...
I did this with Aramek's voice acting from like 30 pages ago. Planning on finishing Chapter 1 and if Aramek can be tracked down, doing the whole shebang in pan-and-scan motion comic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UzEHKyUZp4&feature=channel

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Patriot posted:

Lazerbot can choose for himself if he wants rape scenes or not, please do not censor the artistic genius. :)

Um, dude's already chosen not to -- that was my point (although I noticed now that I missed the important word "not" in there). He doesn't want to draw that crap, and I definitely appreciate it. Besides, Silver being retconned into all those scenes just so someone can report on the carnage is a wonderful gift in and of itself.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

JazzFlight posted:

So...
I did this with Aramek's voice acting from like 30 pages ago. Planning on finishing Chapter 1 and if Aramek can be tracked down, doing the whole shebang in pan-and-scan motion comic.

This is amazing please more, PLEASE MORE. I will throw money at this but please just more.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK

JazzFlight posted:

So...

I just realized how often "no talent" is used by the trolls as a burn. You think, uhh, maybe lazerbot has heard that a few times before?

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

I just realized how often "no talent" is used by the trolls as a burn. You think, uhh, maybe lazerbot has heard that a few times before?

He'd probably benefit from a life drawing class. I mean doing proper proportions doesn't take that much to learn once you begin to seperate everything into boxes and cylanders.

It's really obvious he's mostly tracing over existing images or just drawing the pictures with no anchor points or underdrawing. Allthough to be fair that is pretty much how most comic book artists started by re-drawing their favorite characters/style or whatever.

It's not so much where you beging, but moreso how much you want to improve.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 25, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Vaerai Archon posted:

He'd probably benefit from a life drawing class. I mean doing proper proportions doesn't take that much to learn once you begin to seperate everything into boxes and cylanders.

It's really obvious he's mostly tracing over existing images or just drawing the pictures with no anchor points or underdrawing.

Well, okay, maybe he traces a bit, but he's clearly more writer than artist. This is a character-driven piece. It's not about pretty environments or fancy action scenes. It's about the characters and dialogue.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm waiting for Judge Dredd and He-Man to show up, that or the Muppet babies I mean we're only like a few mere characters away from that 90's Anti-Drug PSA movie where they were on a rollar coaster in that kid's brain.

Except instead of Drugs it's trolling which is like drugs but for the mind but in a more emotional way. Either way Guy With No Ears is the new Chuck Cunningham from Happy Days and I almost feel inspired to write his own tale of assorted ventures.

Vaerai Archon fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 25, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sweet, lazerbot (shimtaz on Youtube) must be up late too, he already commented on my video.
I feel like I just received a phone call from the President.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

lazerbot posted:

well im normally not one to rub it in people's faces but gently caress you hater's for all that poo poo talking. look at the votes more people like it then you thought cock sucker's and you should of been nicer with you not liking it and i wouldn't be rubbing it in your faces so much thanks to my fans i can rub it in your loving hater faces. its not me being cocky its me getting revenge i hope you know

I'm ... actually starting to like Silver.
I feel so dirty.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Divine Poetry posted:

Your like a used tampon your
no longer good

gently caress. gently caress it. I can't breathe. I can't loving breathe!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want to introduce this man to Avatar, James Cameron Avatar, Ferngully, Lion King, and My Little Pony all at once. I want to see this Doom Train of a comic be kicked up to beyond full speed, beyong 11, beyond that speed that spaceballs had that was named after that rapper. I want this comic to soar like an american eagle on fire that pisses lighting and craps hurricanes onto the car of wisdom that is also your mind.

Only then shall we attain enlightenment, I feel we are almost there he just needs a little nudge.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Man, Silver's trolling skills are amazing. Is this foreshadowing to his being a secret troll and ambushing Elmer and Rob now that they're in the troll city and far beyond help? :ohdear:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

goons goons goony rear end goons

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

That Hitler burn is so drat sophisticated. This Guy should have won right then and there.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Poor Rob has no idea what even happened

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
"it turns out reading is good hard to believe"

Let's get that quote to the public school systems ASAP!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Avatar size, and filled in where the speech bubble was:

goons goons goony rear end goons

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

CarpiliusCoralinus posted:

That Hitler burn is so drat sophisticated. This Guy should have won right then and there.
Post it in FYAD and you'll be IK in no time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Let us contact Tim Schaefer so that his new adventure game will incorporate Lazerbot's troll-off as a minigame in place of insult swordfighting.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Let us contact Tim Schaefer so that his new adventure game will incorporate Lazerbot's troll-off as a minigame in place of insult swordfighting.

If it's done like Typing of the Dead, then hell yeah.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

The Hitler burn had me actually laughing out loud. The perfect spelling actually makes me wonder if he got it from somewhere else.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Thirding the love for that Hitler burn, holy poo poo. I gotta use that sometime :allears:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Corridor posted:

The Hitler burn had me actually laughing out loud. The perfect spelling actually makes me wonder if he got it from somewhere else.

He had a journal entry a while back wherein he asked people to think up insults for a 'project' he's working on. Most of the insults in the troll-off were lifted from there, including the Hitler one.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Autismal is my new favourite word!

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I keep thinking that Rob is the one saying, "i got one word for you virgin".

"how did you get so good at trolling my brother?"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Die Laughing posted:

What's up with the troll masks? I've seen that face on someones car with the words "Trolloling"

It's a "rage face," I think, which the denizens of 4chan and the like use. That one is the "troll face," which basically means you're getting trolled. It's retarded.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

hey guess what. i have two
dicks and 4 balls what do
you got to say to that

Well poo poo, you got me there fella

Starving Wolf posted:

He had a journal entry a while back wherein he asked people to think up insults for a 'project' he's working on. Most of the insults in the troll-off were lifted from there, including the Hitler one.

Aw man. I feel like some of the magic is gone now

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 25, 2012

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.
Who just got his rear end kicked in a troll-off?

This Guy.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I find myself drawn back to this page.

The first five panels is loving effective by any definition. That fifth panel is something else, man.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Lazerbot, I'm not saying this to insult your work, but you should seriously take a life drawing class. You obviously have a lot of talent and this would help bring it out.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

eat dick

man hes cool

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I just know No-Ears Guy is going to do something amazing, I can't wait to see what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
Rob may have no ears, but his timing is impeccable