Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone ever seen the poker table get used?

Only if you have Kaidan. He cleans Vega's clock. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I'd go with the SMG, your real problem is husk swarms, and cryo ammo + SMG is good for minimising that risk. I actually like the grenades a lot, they help a lot when being flanked, especially with the proximity detonation ability, and I'm 90% sure they don't count as a power, so they don't break cloak. You'd want incinerate or disruptor before cryo. I'd honestly go for sabotage before cryo also. You're just using it so much less that the points are better spent elsewhere. If you're intending to take any class to 60, though, builds are irrelevant. There's enough points to get every skill, plus a bonus maxed.

Thanks for the tips.

So, based on all the feed back, I'm rolling an Infiltrator but I have a few talent questions.

Is it worth it to get the Tier 4 Squad Bonus for the Disruptor Ammo? What about the similar Squad Bonus Talent in the Cryo Ammo Tree, is that worthwhile or should I go with the increased freeze duration?

The Tier 5 Headshot talent only applies to when you are using the Disruptor Ammo, right? This stacks with all the other headshot and damage talents, right? Similarly, does the Cryo Ammo Headshot Damage talent apply to targets frozen by Kaiden's Cryo Blast?

Is Incinerate's Freeze Combo talent worthwhile, especially with the Cryo Ammo Squad Bonus?

Also, any bonus power recommendations? Warp Ammo? Is Reave any good?

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

gibbed posted:

Correct. The bits I looked at show that it looks for a henchmen with the following preferences: best friend, good friend, sidekick, true love (not necessarily in that order).
Do you know how it determines "best friend?" Is it based on how many conversation trees you complete or something?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Haledjian posted:

Is it based on how many conversation trees you complete or something?

Drinks spilt on the Citadel.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Man it feels weird having this be over. Ending kinda upsets me more as time goes on and i learn more about it but when I went through it I was loving it.

Music was amazing.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Man it feels weird having this be over. Ending kinda upsets me more as time goes on and i learn more about it but when I went through it I was loving it.

Music was amazing.

The ending is that way because the music and scenery is amazing, it only falls to pieces when you take a step back and actually think about what exactly you were shown. When you start to realize how bleak and hopeless things are, that Tali and Garrus are literally going to starve to death is only the beginning...

It really is upsetting.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Bruce Leroy posted:

Thanks for the tips.

So, based on all the feed back, I'm rolling an Infiltrator but I have a few talent questions.

Is it worth it to get the Tier 4 Squad Bonus for the Disruptor Ammo? What about the similar Squad Bonus Talent in the Cryo Ammo Tree, is that worthwhile or should I go with the increased freeze duration?

The Tier 5 Headshot talent only applies to when you are using the Disruptor Ammo, right? This stacks with all the other headshot and damage talents, right? Similarly, does the Cryo Ammo Headshot Damage talent apply to targets frozen by Kaiden's Cryo Blast?

Is Incinerate's Freeze Combo talent worthwhile, especially with the Cryo Ammo Squad Bonus?

Also, any bonus power recommendations? Warp Ammo? Is Reave any good?

I would say skip squad Disrupter, and go damage all the way. If I recall correctly, the alternative is ammo bonus, and I never had an ammo issue no matter the SR I used. Squad cryo ammo is awesome. I never used cryo ammo past Tier 4, so I couldn't tell you on those.

I went with the Incinerate Combo, but mainly because I did see a ton of freezing going on with squad cryo. Also, I just really like tech/biotic combos in general. I couldn't tell you an accurate comparison though since I haven't tested it enough, but it seemed useful to me.

I went for maximum damage AP ammo(instead of warp, purely because for RP reasons I like to stick to "appropriate" power types for each class.) But I've heard good things about Reave or Energy Drain for additional stripping capabilities. Also, a shield power if you think you need it, though even on Insanity, I think cloak is all you need for an "Oh poo poo!" button.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I don't know what you guys are talking about regarding the ending because... my game ended right after Shepard and Anderson were sitting on the Citadel. And after that we saw the Reapers destroyed and everybody was happy and Shepard finally got all those drinks everyone promised and she is now on a beach with her love interest, her best war-buddy space-batman Garrus. And Wrex. And Grunt. And all the other cool people we met... gently caress YOU BIOWARE THATS WHAT HAPPENED. :colbert:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Aristobulus posted:

The ending is that way because the music and scenery is amazing, it only falls to pieces when you take a step back and actually think about what exactly you were shown. When you start to realize how bleak and hopeless things are, that Tali and Garrus are literally going to starve to death is only the beginning...

It really is upsetting.

After a couple of recaps, I think synthesis is not as bad as you say. Remember that the star child says that synthesis will create a "new DNA", so hopefully Tali and Garrus' dextro systems have been rewritten and the just need to plug in to the Normandy to charge every now and then.

E: VV Well, since you put it that way... :cry: VV

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 26, 2012

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Radio Paranoia posted:

After a couple of recaps, I think synthesis is not as bad as you say. Remember that the star child says that synthesis will create a "new DNA", so hopefully Tali and Garrus' dextro systems have been rewritten and the just need to plug in to the Normandy to charge every now and then.

Sure, but this is the problem. It's too vague. It needs to be more explained than that. Synthesis is really a whole new level. It could mean anything from what you say, to a more horrifying version where everyone becomes something out of "I have no mouth and I must scream" where they just randomly have robot parts injected into them that turn them into entirely different beings, not to mention what kind of nightmarish existence you might be creating for normal objects that randomly got turned half organic.

Either way, it's terrible because it robs everyone in the galaxy of their free will. "Invasive" doesn't even begin to describe it. This could be changing everyone to their core and directly altering their mind, too, not just giving them mechanical improvements similar to a pacemaker or something. It could be entirely wiping out their personalities and merging it all together into a connected hive-mind.

The problem is there's no way to know. You don't get enough, and there's no way to even guess at which interpretation is right. That means every interpretation is equally valid. For something that significant, you really need more than this.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Diogines posted:

A goon made a program to create a Mass Effect 1 character to import into ME2, selecting the outcomes from ME1. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Not this one: http://social.bioware.com/project/4373/

There was a simpler version which let you easily make a save with the major plot flags modified and only them, it was much simpler and easier to use.

Sounds more like the ME2 Genesis DLC.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect
A fun hint to add to the front page:

MARS MISSION: SLO-MO SEQUENCE
Due to lovely design mechanics, it is recommended that you equip shepard with a fast-firing heavy pistol for this section of the game. Make sure it is fully loaded before you finish the Doctor Eva chase sequence. Otherwise you will be stuck reloading your gun during the slow-motion element of the fight.

if your gun fires too slowly (a carnifex, paladin, the scorpion are good examples) you may not have enough time to kill her before she reaches you due to the slow firing rate of the weapon.

this is essentially the most loving stupid thing I've come across in this game. Yes, I had to reload an earlier save because I thought the paladin would be 'fast enough' for this, but clearly 3 headshots is not enough and I dont have time for 4.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Banjodark posted:

Due to lovely design mechanics, it is recommended that you equip shepard with a fast-firing heavy pistol for this section of the game. Make sure it is fully loaded before you finish the Doctor Eva chase sequence. Otherwise you will be stuck reloading your gun during the slow-motion element of the fight.

if your gun fires too slowly (a carnifex, paladin, the scorpion are good examples) you may not have enough time to kill her before she reaches you due to the slow firing rate of the weapon.

this is essentially the most loving stupid thing I've come across in this game. Yes, I had to reload an earlier save because I thought the paladin would be 'fast enough' for this, but clearly 3 headshots is not enough and I dont have time for 4.
Yeah, I encountered this with the scorpion. Had to restart the whole mission because I didn't have any saves before the weapon table.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

Haledjian posted:

Yeah, I encountered this with the scorpion. Had to restart the whole mission because I didn't have any saves before the weapon table.

fun update: I swapped to my N7-Hurricane and took her out in half a second.

thank gently caress.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Viperix posted:

I would say skip squad Disrupter, and go damage all the way. If I recall correctly, the alternative is ammo bonus, and I never had an ammo issue no matter the SR I used. Squad cryo ammo is awesome. I never used cryo ammo past Tier 4, so I couldn't tell you on those.

I went with the Incinerate Combo, but mainly because I did see a ton of freezing going on with squad cryo. Also, I just really like tech/biotic combos in general. I couldn't tell you an accurate comparison though since I haven't tested it enough, but it seemed useful to me.

I went for maximum damage AP ammo(instead of warp, purely because for RP reasons I like to stick to "appropriate" power types for each class.) But I've heard good things about Reave or Energy Drain for additional stripping capabilities. Also, a shield power if you think you need it, though even on Insanity, I think cloak is all you need for an "Oh poo poo!" button.

Awesome, thanks. I thought Reave would be awesome, but isn't it limited to only those players who saved Kaiden in ME 1? I saved Ashley, so I would be SOL for Reave, though I did find a nearly identical save to mine on the ME saves website but with Kaiden surviving instead of Ashley.

Is there simply enough ammo around to let you be a heavy SR user without worrying about ammo except when you need to fight in close range (e.g. against husks) with an SMG or did you take ammo mods for your SR, too? Did you stick to a lighter, faster firing SR with more ammo or is there even enough ammo to use something like the Black Widow at will?

For operational mastery, are the reputation (+8%) and power (+25%) duration bonuses worth it for rank 4 (especially for extending Tactical Cloak, because I want to take the damage bonus instead of the duration bonus for rank 4 of the Tactical Cloak tree) or are the tried and true weapon (+5%) and power (+10%) damage bonuses the way to go? For the latter, does the power damage bonus stack with the damage bonus of attacking from cloak?

Is meleeing out of cloak as awesome as it seems (kinda like a futuristic Solid Snake or Sam Fisher)? Is it relatively strong with just the bonuses from the Tactical Cloak tree?

Are the higher levels of sabotage as worthless as they seem? I understand getting the first and maybe even the second (for the recharge speed bonus) but the next four levels just seem so worthless because the power itself is so situational and unimpressive. I understand that Incinerate doesn't work as well on synthetics, but it just seems like so many points spent on sabotage that could otherwise go to other powers, especially a bonus power.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Banjodark posted:

:stare: As someone who intends to take their Paladin-wielding Adept through an NG+ run at some point, thanks for the heads up! That said, I'm pretty sure my Paladin had a 6-round clip due to mods. Do you lose mods at the beginning of an NG+ run (similar to losing upgrades in ME2)?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
I did it fine with a Paladin after failing 5 times. I don't know why it worked then, but the last time I just shot her in the chest instead.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Bruce Leroy posted:

Awesome, thanks. I thought Reave would be awesome, but isn't it limited to only those players who saved Kaiden in ME 1? I saved Ashley, so I would be SOL for Reave, though I did find a nearly identical save to mine on the ME saves website but with Kaiden surviving instead of Ashley.
Yep. Go with Energy Drain as soon as you get it, it's a great combo of shield-stripping + self-defence.

quote:

Is there simply enough ammo around to let you be a heavy SR user without worrying about ammo except when you need to fight in close range (e.g. against husks) with an SMG or did you take ammo mods for your SR, too? Did you stick to a lighter, faster firing SR with more ammo or is there even enough ammo to use something like the Black Widow at will?

NihilCred posted:

Final tip: don't be a wimp, leave those Spare Ammo mods at home and put something that hurts in those slots instead. You may sometimes run short on ammo, but you'll basically never run out of ammo if you diligently check out every room (which you should do anyway due to random quest items, interesting game logs and delicious XP-granting medikits being hidden everywhere). You can even Cloak and grab the ammo that's in the room you're fighting in if needed!

quote:

For operational mastery, are the reputation (+8%) and power (+25%) duration bonuses worth it for rank 4 (especially for extending Tactical Cloak, because I want to take the damage bonus instead of the duration bonus for rank 4 of the Tactical Cloak tree) or are the tried and true weapon (+5%) and power (+10%) damage bonuses the way to go? For the latter, does the power damage bonus stack with the damage bonus of attacking from cloak?
If you're importing and so started with a nice reputation bonus, you can afford to pick the damage one, it's probably slightly better. If you're starting from scratch, always pick the +reputation choices, since being slightly less effective in combat is nowhere near as annoying as being locked out of conversation options.

quote:

Are the higher levels of sabotage as worthless as they seem?
Yes. Same as ME2, really.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

Bruce Leroy posted:

Yes, you chose poorly.

although I'm doing a playthrough at the moment and can try to make a save before the conversation with kaidan that unlocks Reave. maybe I can upload it so you can snag the unlock.

Reave works quite differently in ME3 than it did in ME2 though.

Reave:
- is both a biotic detonator and a DoT that will cause a biotic explosion
- cannot be detonated with itself (no casting reave twice and having it blow up)
- it will detonate any lifted targets (from singularity, pull, barrier-aoe pull explode, lift grenades) as well as stasis and warp.
- can be detonated by warp & throw and biotic adept cluster grenades.
- speccing into aoe warp lets you warp 4-5 people at once then hurl grenades, each grenade explosion will trigger a biotic explosion. You can clear rooms like this in multiplayer.
- no longer has its ME2 'stunlock' ability.
- is instant cast like overload, it has no projectile or travel time.

I'm trying out an insanity newgame+ adept run with reave as my main 'set up' and detonator spell. Between Liara's stasis & singularity and my own pulls/singularity I have plenty of things to blow up.

I also use reave --> throw or reave --> warp to detonate shielded & armored enemies.

Everything is specced around increasing biotic damage and biotic explosion damage and everything barring shockwave has been maxed out.

my gun loadout: N7-Hurricane X (which I never use)
Paladin X (which I almost never use except on atlases/harvesters/banshees/brutes in between cool downs)
gives me 200% cooldown usage.

for my squadmates I'm currently using:
Vega (specced for max damage reduction, with the particle rifle from eden prime with magazine upgrade & damage upgrade). Even on insanity, I find that Vega can stand toe to toe with a brute long enough for me to line up explosions and not have him die. really useful.
Liara - singularity (for detonating) and stasis (for detonating and throwing cluster grenades into). N7-Hurricane with magazine increase & the heat-sink. she can strip shields off most enemies with 1-2 clips.

I'll be replacing Vega with Kaidan later on in the game and have specced kaidan out for max damage reduction through reave & barrier defensive talents and will hopefully be using a lot his barrier-explode ability to aoe-lift things and then blow them up.

I found Kaidan's aoe-overload more useful than reave during Mars.

what builds are people playing/experimenting around with?

NihilCredo posted:

Yes. Same as ME2, really.
I maxed sabotage, taking the exploding synthetics evolution on my infiltrator. Kind of a waste of points, but at that point of the game I was level 50+ and could afford to. Most of the geth-synthetic missions involved an aoe sabotage --> aoe overload (From garrus) into an aoe energy drain (From tali) which would kill large clumps of guys.

It made rannoch and its various missions the easiest part of the game for me. Soon as I was done with those quests, I respecced it down to rank 3 and would only respec it back up for cerberus missions where I knew an atlas/lots of turrets might feature.

Banjodark fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 26, 2012

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

Verviticus posted:

I did it fine with a Paladin after failing 5 times. I don't know why it worked then, but the last time I just shot her in the chest instead.

I believe that if you deal too much damage to her per shot, you'll shot past the point in her health that triggers the cutscene.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
I still don't have the game but could someone explain what the power detonations are and how they work briefly? Or is it really self-explanatory?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Illuminati by Nature posted:

I still don't have the game but could someone explain what the power detonations are and how they work briefly? Or is it really self-explanatory?

There's two kinds, biotic explosions and tech explosions.

Basically some powers have lasting effects- like warp or overload- where after the initial hit, they still take damage or are affected for a few more seconds. If you whang them with another power, it will do more damage. I believe that with biotic-only explosions you don't need to kill the target to get the explosion, but with tech ones you do. Either way they will cause a bigger explosion and will hit nearby enemies.

So, singularity-warp is the classic one, or warp-throw, or reave-warp, etc. Those would be biotic ones. Tech ones would be overload-incinerate (great for turrets), etc. I believe things like exploding drones/decoys also can count as the first status effect. I'm nnnnnnot sure if you can mix those, like warp-incinerate.

I'm not sure what all the permutations are but I'm sure other goons can provide.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 26, 2012

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

Illuminati by Nature posted:

Sure, it's an expansion of 'comboing' from mass effect 2. In Mass effect 2, any lifted enemy by biotics could be exploded by casting warp on them.

In ME3 this system is greatly overhauled and includes tech explosions, cyro explosions, fire explosions and biotic detonations.

Biotic explosions tend to come from biotic abilities and will do huge aoe damage when exploded and are the most powerful.
Fire explosions do massive elemental damage but can only be triggered if the enemy is killed by the detonator ability
electric/tech explosions are quite weak but will always activate (like biotic explosions).
Cyro explosions are strong but like fire explosions, require the enemy to be killed by the detonator ability to activate.

you can check out this chart of combos and detonators which is pretty comprehensive list.

great ones to set up yourself include:

incinerate --> overload (make sure the enemy is on low enough health to be killed. They'll explode for huge damage
warp --> throw
singularity --> warp
reave --> warp
stasis -> reave
stasis -> warp
pull --> throw
incinerate - throw
overload --> throw
aoe reave/stasis bubble--> adept cluster grenades (biotic explosion)

I also really dig casting stasis bubble, then throwing a singularity into the stasis bubble, then casting warp/reave. Anyone still alive will be picked up by the singularity and can be exploded again by another reave.

Banjodark fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 26, 2012

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Any long duration biotic power can be detonated by a biotic ability that deals damage.

Elemental tech powers can be detonated by any power that deals damage, either biotic or tech. But if the element of the original power is ice or fire, the target needs to die in the impact of the second power.

The same power cannot be used to both set up and detonate the same combo. So you can't get a biotic detonation with Warp -> Warp, for example, even though Warp can be used both to set up combos, or detonate them.

The damage and force of the detonation depends on the rank of the powers involved on the detonation. (So if you have Singularity at rank 4, Reave at rank 6, and Warp at rank 6, Reave -> Warp will deal more damage than Singularity -> Warp)

Some power evolutions increase the damage and force of Biotic Detonations that involve the power in question. These evolutions take effect whether the power is used as a setup or as a detonator. They stack if both powers have that particular ability.

^^^^ drat it!

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 26, 2012

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Your guys's explanations are much better and clearly you are better than me at the game too probably.

I just know I like to blow up turrets, and throwing powers at banshees sometimes causes more damage.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone ever seen the poker table get used?

I was really hoping for a "party night" where everyone comes down to play poker and the whole night gets ruined because Tali is a cardshark. or EDI counts cards the whole time.

Or at least strip poker foreplay with your mate.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

You know, I quite liked the ending. Ok, there's plot holes and problems with it, but I liked the "what happens now?" aspect of it. What does everyone do now? That's where our imaginations take over and I like that aspect of it.

I think Tycho said it best :

The Interesting Question posed here is: what next? We know this is the question, because regardless of any particulars, the very structure of Galactic society is destroyed every time. And the alliance you’ve jammed together with gum, glue, and tape is now sitting in the equivalent of a ten by ten room, all of them armed to the teeth. We know that something survives, and lives well - “the Shepard” has passed into legend, and The Stargazer talks about interstellar travel as though it had all the complexity of crossing the street. But what next?

Really, the whole game is the ending. The final moments, I feel, are supposed to give us more problems than solutions. Ok, it's invasive, it's Shep deciding everyone's fate, but I think at that moment, the final scenes - all hope has gone.

We were never going to get the ending prophesised by a goon (I'm sorry, I have forgotten the name) in the old ME2 thread:

That's some stupid poo poo. Let me tell you cocks how it ends.

shepard has to stop the reapers, and there's this big fuckin' fleet of them and she's like "poo poo guys, that's a lot of reapers, I don't think we can take them" and then loving WREX shows up, not with a fleet or anything, its just wrex and he's floating through space with a jetpack and hes all "believe in yourself shepard! lets gently caress em up!" and shep is like "...Okay." and then the music kicks in and she airlocks herself and highfives wrex in space and climbs on top of his jetpack and surfs wrex into the reaper fleet and then the camera pulls back and its like a loving supernova and everyone is all "oh god is shepard dead?!" and then the radio turns on and its shep and she's all "i'd just come back again" and everyone starts cheering and you see her and wrex cruising out on a flaming piece of reaper and they're going really loving fast because the explosion and slam into the presidium tower and shep just jumps off the wreckage and starts running towards the council platform and the turian councilor sees her and it zooms in on his face and he's like "gently caress." and shep makes a big loving jump and the music slows down and then she punches him so hard he smashes through the wall and flys out into space and explodes for some reason and everyone is like "wow shep you're our hero" but she's all hosed up from all the fighting so she just like "gently caress right i am" and blacks out and then it cuts to a hospital a few days later and shep tali garrus and wrex are in body casts complaining about jello and then udina comes in and hes all "SHEPARD DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COSTED THE DEPARTMENT" but then he trips and falls on his face and everyone starts laughing and then it freeze frames and then the credits roll.

But by god, guys. We did it, maybe not in the way we wanted Shep to, but Commander Shepard never did anything by anyone else's rules.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

lenoon posted:

We were never going to get the ending prophesised by a goon (I'm sorry, I have forgotten the name) in the old ME2 thread:

shepard has to stop the reapers, and there's this big fuckin' fleet of them and she's like "poo poo guys, that's a lot of reapers, I don't think we can take them" and then loving WREX shows up, not with a fleet or anything, its just wrex and he's floating through space with a jetpack and hes all "believe in yourself shepard! lets gently caress em up!" and shep is like "...Okay." and then the music kicks in and she airlocks herself and highfives wrex in space and climbs on top of his jetpack and surfs wrex into the reaper fleet and then the camera pulls back and its like a loving supernova and everyone is all "oh god is shepard dead?!" and then the radio turns on and its shep and she's all "i'd just come back again" and everyone starts cheering and you see her and wrex cruising out on a flaming piece of reaper and they're going really loving fast because the explosion and slam into the presidium tower and shep just jumps off the wreckage and starts running towards the council platform and the turian councilor sees her and it zooms in on his face and he's like "gently caress." and shep makes a big loving jump and the music slows down and then she punches him so hard he smashes through the wall and flys out into space and explodes for some reason and everyone is like "wow shep you're our hero" but she's all hosed up from all the fighting so she just like "gently caress right i am" and blacks out and then it cuts to a hospital a few days later and shep tali garrus and wrex are in body casts complaining about jello and then udina comes in and hes all "SHEPARD DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS COSTED THE DEPARTMENT" but then he trips and falls on his face and everyone starts laughing and then it freeze frames and then the credits roll.

But by god, guys. We did it, maybe not in the way we wanted Shep to, but Commander Shepard never did anything by anyone else's rules.
Oh well, we can pretend, can't we?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

lenoon posted:

I think that was Cheeseball IV!

A better artist than me really ought to draw that, because having it live only in my head and in text quotes is not good enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Evanauto posted:

I was really hoping for a "party night" where everyone comes down to play poker and the whole night gets ruined because Tali is a cardshark. or EDI counts cards the whole time.

Or at least strip poker foreplay with your mate.

You can't tell if Tali is bluffing because of her mask.

Vega: I once played Poker with a Krogan. He pulled the arms of the guy who beat him out of their sockets and then beat him to death with them.
Garrus: I guess if Wrex was here, you'd be safe, James.
Vega: Ouch, Scars. Ouch.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
Ending Spoilers.

HenessyHero posted:

While I agree with you, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but apparently EDI can emmerge from the crashed Normandy at the end of the Destroy option. With high enough war assets you also get a 5 second clip that implies Shepard survives as well (which I assumed was just an easter egg because you can only get it by grinding both SP war assets and MP readiness). A lot of people have very strongly taken to those two things as proof that Reaper kid was lying off his rear end about the total the destruction of synthetics.

Anyone who wants to look more into the theory that the Reaper kid is full of poo poo, aka the Indoctrination Theory, should check out these videos:
http://youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck http://youtu.be/ZZOyeFvnhiI

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Banjodark posted:

Sure, it's an expansion of 'comboing' from mass effect 2. In Mass effect 2, any lifted enemy by biotics could be exploded by casting warp on them.

In ME3 this system is greatly overhauled and includes tech explosions, cyro explosions, fire explosions and biotic detonations.

Biotic explosions tend to come from biotic abilities and will do huge aoe damage when exploded and are the most powerful.
Fire explosions do massive elemental damage but can only be triggered if the enemy is killed by the detonator ability
electric/tech explosions are quite weak but will always activate (like biotic explosions).
Cyro explosions are strong but like fire explosions, require the enemy to be killed by the detonator ability to activate.

you can check out this chart of combos and detonators which is pretty comprehensive list.

great ones to set up yourself include:

incinerate --> overload (make sure the enemy is on low enough health to be killed. They'll explode for huge damage
warp --> throw
singularity --> warp
reave --> warp
stasis -> reave
stasis -> warp
pull --> throw
incinerate - throw
overload --> throw
aoe reave/stasis bubble--> adept cluster grenades (biotic explosion)

I also really dig casting stasis bubble, then throwing a singularity into the stasis bubble, then casting warp/reave. Anyone still alive will be picked up by the singularity and can be exploded again by another reave.

Awesome!

So, does this make the rank 6 stun upgrade for disrupter ammo more worthwhile because it will make stuns more likely and therefore give more frequent electric/tech explosions?

Also, the squad versions of various ammo types list them as at "50% effectiveness." Is that just 50% of the base effectiveness of the power or does it scale based on Shepherd's upgrades, including stun/freeze rates?

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

magimix posted:

Then again, I didn't notice until a few hours into my second playthrough that I could cycle through the Citadel maps. Yes, in all the first playthrough I'd patiently travel from floor to floor to see where people were.

I've never wanted to reply with nothing but an emoticon more in all my time on SA. And that emoticon would be:

:negative:

I'm assuming you're saying that mission turn-ins will appear on the Citadel map? God I wish I knew this before, I've wasted hours elevatoring between floors trying to find out where the person is who wants this artifact, or these plans. Another for good measure:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

SiliconX posted:

I've never wanted to reply with nothing but an emoticon more in all my time on SA. And that emoticon would be:

I'm assuming you're saying that mission turn-ins will appear on the Citadel map? God I wish I knew this before, I've wasted hours elevatoring between floors trying to find out where the person is who wants this artifact, or these plans. Another for good measure:

There is one instance I know of where hand-ins *don't* show up on the map, but otherwise yes, they show up on the map, and the map for a floor can be accessed whatever other floor you may be on. Also useful on the Normandy to keep tabs on people, since they sometimes move around.

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Jacob is perfect

Bruce Leroy posted:

Awesome!

So, does this make the rank 6 stun upgrade for disrupter ammo more worthwhile because it will make stuns more likely and therefore give more frequent electric/tech explosions?
yes, (I think).

Bruce Leroy posted:

Also, the squad versions of various ammo types list them as at "50% effectiveness." Is that just 50% of the base effectiveness of the power or does it scale based on Shepherd's upgrades, including stun/freeze rates?
Absolutely no idea here, sorry.

I'll see if I can find out

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes

Snicker-Snack posted:

Banjodark posted:

skoolmunkee posted:

This is all awesome, thanks.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Can anybody post the list of names that were gives to James when he was first revealed? I recall one being something like "Beef McLargeHuge".

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

Can anybody post the list of names that were gives to James when he was first revealed? I recall one being something like "Beef McLargeHuge".

http://youtu.be/RFHlJ2voJHY

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

magimix posted:

There is one instance I know of where hand-ins *don't* show up on the map, but otherwise yes, they show up on the map, and the map for a floor can be accessed whatever other floor you may be on. Also useful on the Normandy to keep tabs on people, since they sometimes move around.

Wait...the Normandy's got a map?

:negative: At least I take some comfort in for once it's not me posting I found something obscure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Only if you have Kaidan. He cleans Vega's clock. Or maybe it's the other way around.

I think we see Vega destroying Kaidan at poker, and some banter with Joker in the cockpit about how Vega also destroys Joker at poker.

• Locked thread