Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky
May 18, 2003

gently caress professional mode. Even with 3 humans helping (who were all super high ranked) we kept wiping the same mission over and over. I ended up just quitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Risky posted:

gently caress professional mode. Even with 3 humans helping (who were all super high ranked) we kept wiping the same mission over and over. I ended up just quitting.

Man I was getting frustrated at the power plant section! I finally figured out that if I just timed my stun/frags, I could just run that whole part. Terrified of whatever's up next.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Super soldier and pain killer are pretty much a necessity on professional.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Super soldier and pain killer are pretty much a necessity on professional.

Yeah but I was running Spectre so I could find all the intel pieces. I suppose a 2 player effort would have been nice, but then the kills would be divided I think.

Am I suppose to be throwing grenades in the sniper battle? It seems like I am, but I can't ever tell if it's working. I'm going to give that level another shot tonight for S+, maybe I'll try Veteran if only so I might die a little less.

(and gently caress getting infected during the power plant scene, because there's no antiviral sprays in that area, and if you respawn you don't respawn with the spray unless you're foureyes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just curious but what's the best load out for Beltway? Sticky grenades don't seem to do much damage and the mines don't feel very useful when you have to place them and run back and wait for enemies to run over them.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You know what would be cool? If we see characters of the Wolfpack appear in future Resident Evil titles, maybe even just as cameos.

ORC is an alternate timeline, a what-if. But that doesn't mean that in the canon storyline Wolfpack cannot exist. It would just mean maybe they didn't go to RC, but did other Umbrella-y things. (Mainly I just want to see some Vector/Hunk student/master interaction but yeah)

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Anyone up for some campaign co-op right now?

GT:Slayer15977

LJONESRYDA
Oct 7, 2011
Xbox jrizzy1909

Lets kill some heros

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage
Did anyone else win prizes with the Inserted Evil campaign? I won a shirt and the two DLC weapons and since the game is in the mail I was hoping to have the codes to use but no luck as of yet. I think I remember one other poster had someone something, has anyone received codes yet?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Radish posted:

Just curious but what's the best load out for Beltway? Sticky grenades don't seem to do much damage and the mines don't feel very useful when you have to place them and run back and wait for enemies to run over them.

I don't know but Beltway's skills all seem to be pretty useless.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

His Explosion resistance can be handy on those occasions when the AI Special Forces remember they have unlimited grenades, but mostly his job seems to just be stand around look cool.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

blackguy32 posted:

He's somehow a British new yorker. That's good enough for me.

Riffing on their accents is fun with friends.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Revitalized posted:

You know what would be cool? If we see characters of the Wolfpack appear in future Resident Evil titles, maybe even just as cameos.

ORC is an alternate timeline, a what-if. But that doesn't mean that in the canon storyline Wolfpack cannot exist. It would just mean maybe they didn't go to RC, but did other Umbrella-y things. (Mainly I just want to see some Vector/Hunk student/master interaction but yeah)

Make them members of the BSAA in the 'main' storyline.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You know, for a game developed in part with Team Outbreak I'm surprised there weren't any Outbreak callbacks. I was really hoping to see something from those games but nothing ever happened, in fact the only hidden reference I ever found was the Alfred Ashford painting in City Hall. I guess the final stage appeared during the ending cutscene to one of the Outbreak 1 scenarios though (in the train yard)

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
Just rented the game and looking for some people to play the co-op with. Gamertag is SSJReko. I will throw zombies at you, so feel free to do the same.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crowetron posted:

His Explosion resistance can be handy on those occasions when the AI Special Forces remember they have unlimited grenades, but mostly his job seems to just be stand around look cool.

His melee ability to stuff a grenade in a zombie's mouth and kick it towards a mob is kinda cool.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Radish posted:

His melee ability to stuff a grenade in a zombie's mouth and kick it towards a mob is kinda cool.

He can do what? Okay, playing Beltway exclusively forever now.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Crowetron posted:

He can do what? Okay, playing Beltway exclusively forever now.

Also applies to enemy players, as I unfortunately found out I think.

So apparently Melee then Action button results in a brutal kill, usually a face stomp. Melee then Ability button results in role specific kill. And then I think there's another combination that results in you shooting the enemy's face at point blank?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Revitalized posted:

Also applies to enemy players, as I unfortunately found out I think.

So apparently Melee then Action button results in a brutal kill, usually a face stomp. Melee then Ability button results in role specific kill. And then I think there's another combination that results in you shooting the enemy's face at point blank?

If you hold the melee button like you are taking a zombie shield to a Spec Ops, you will hold them at gun point. You can then either pretty the fire button to execute them or press the melee button again to knock them out.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

blackguy32 posted:

If you hold the melee button like you are taking a zombie shield to a Spec Ops, you will hold them at gun point. You can then either pretty the fire button to execute them or press the melee button again to knock them out.

ah so I must have held the button instead of mashing it at some point. Is there a point to knocking them out as opposed to executing them? I got knocked out once and just got back up and shot the dude while he was distracted.

Also while talking about that, is there a difference between using the ability brutal kill versus the regular brutal kill? The only difference I *think* I'm noticing is that the ability kills are slightly faster in animation, so you aren't as vulnerable for as long. Otherwise why expend your ability cooldown for it? (minus Beltway/Tweed's detonation kill)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Revitalized posted:

ah so I must have held the button instead of mashing it at some point. Is there a point to knocking them out as opposed to executing them? I got knocked out once and just got back up and shot the dude while he was distracted.

Also while talking about that, is there a difference between using the ability brutal kill versus the regular brutal kill? The only difference I *think* I'm noticing is that the ability kills are slightly faster in animation, so you aren't as vulnerable for as long. Otherwise why expend your ability cooldown for it? (minus Beltway/Tweed's detonation kill)

Different classes have different specific melee kills. Four eyes I think sticks a control pheromone grenade in them. I think Spectre punches them with a flash grenade. I still haven't figured out what Lupo's does except for knock down everyone around you.

And from what I can tell, there is no reason at all to just knock them out.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

blackguy32 posted:

Different classes have different specific melee kills. Four eyes I think sticks a control pheromone grenade in them. I think Spectre punches them with a flash grenade. I still haven't figured out what Lupo's does except for knock down everyone around you.

And from what I can tell, there is no reason at all to just knock them out.

Hmm poo poo, I should try some of these I guess. I think my Vector/Willow did a really quick twirl and slash, so it was just a faster melee kill.

I usually just hit action button though, because usually when I hit the ability button, the melee kill doesn't register and I end up activating my ability.

Also is it just me or is Super Soldier kind of a bitch to deal with? It's got a long recharge sure, but if you turn a corner and bump into some guy who then activates it in front of you, you're kind of boned unless he's a really bad shot and you run away. (Or you turn on your own Super Soldier to outlast his.) It was pretty hilarious to see someone dash up to me to start stunlocking me in melee for a quick kill, but right before he could, I activated Super Soldier and just unloaded into his face.

Juggernaut for life.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Four Eyes melee specific turns the target into a Crimson Head. As if she needed another reason to be the best SP character.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

blackguy32 posted:

You've gotta make sure to hit them in the head though. I shot a guy in the junk because I'm immature and he didn't die just got up and was kinda pissed.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Revitalized posted:

The cooldown for any ability finisher only seems to be around five or so seconds, rather than the full 30 or 45. Plus they look cooler, finish quicker, and in several cases (Beltway, Four Eyes, Specter) have added utility.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bertha produces a green herb with her unique kill.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Bertha produces a green herb with her unique kill.

oh wow. Okie dokie I've been missing out on my brutal kills then.

McTimmy posted:

Four Eyes melee specific turns the target into a Crimson Head. As if she needed another reason to be the best SP character.

including enemy players?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Quick question, are intel and data shared as a team, like if the requirement is to get 20 intel for an S ranking, does the whole team need to get 20, or do I have to run around like an rear end in a top hat getting them all?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I hate that when the game doesn't find a quick match I have to sign out of the PSN so it doesn't reboot or hardlock my PS3. drat you, ORC, you're fun and I just want to play you! :argh:

Got the Samurai Edge yesterday and it is amazing. I get a lot of hate mail because I use the grenade launcher a lot online but the Samurai Edge is the perfect compliment to it.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Revitalized posted:

including enemy players?

Yes, it kills and infects them at the same time. Four Eyes is seriously the best character. Specter is a close second.

Slayer1597 posted:

Quick question, are intel and data shared as a team, like if the requirement is to get 20 intel for an S ranking, does the whole team need to get 20, or do I have to run around like an rear end in a top hat getting them all?

Data collection is not shared amongst the team, but the amount each person has to collect for an S rating is reduced for each actual player in the game. So one guy playing solo would have to get all 20, four guys playing together would have to get five each.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

joneswt posted:

Yes, it kills and infects them at the same time. Four Eyes is seriously the best character. Specter is a close second.

I would say this, but I think she is pretty average when playing against actual players, while Lupo is almost overpowered thanks to her Super Soldier skill.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

blackguy32 posted:

I would say this, but I think she is pretty average when playing against actual players, while Lupo is almost overpowered thanks to her Super Soldier skill.

There's a reason Lupo is leading Wolfpack, folks. :clint:

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

blackguy32 posted:

Lupo is definitely better at full-on combat but Four-Eyes with a maxed Induce Infection can be a beast if you play her right. Pubbies almost never grab anti-viral sprays, so if you play defensively and try to hypo people before you shoot them , 90% of the time you'll come out with a kill and a new zombie buddy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Game really needs some patches, just had a veteran run end with a goon cause a door wouldn't open, this is the 2nd time this has happened.

Also had one during a biohazard match where the action to pick up the g virus same was disabled.

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

I think I've run into that same bug. Did it say something like "gvirus.pickup.action.disabled" when you stood over the sample?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

joneswt posted:

I think I've run into that same bug. Did it say something like "gvirus.pickup.action.disabled" when you stood over the sample?

I've gotten this once.

Another time the Survivor helicopter wasn't accepting any more people past the first two, which was bullshit because it's the closest I've ever been to getting my entire team of 4 on the helicopter.

The bugs aren't common in my experience, but when they do happen, well, it's a downer.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
My biggest patch Concern is the AI picking up downed players, I mean really what is this Left 4 Dead 2?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

joneswt posted:

That's the one.

Just got my Samurai Edge. :w00t:

Just need the militia rifle and I'm good to go on what weapons I actually want, then I can focus on buying skills, I've only bought Bertha's and Four Eyes so far(cause they're the best characters). :colbert:

Risky
May 18, 2003

joneswt posted:

I've had that happen too. I thought it was because two dropped weapons next to the virus was keeping it from being picked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In a way it's kind of funny when these bugs happen.

Everything's tense for a moment, because the G Virus got dropped right next to the enemy briefcase, and you're in a mad scramble to go get it back!

Or perhaps there's 1 seat left in the helicopter! Go Go Go!

and then when you get there, you see the enemy team crawling all over the zone, fiercely defending the Virus/Helicopter... and then you realize "hey wait a second, why aren't they just completing the objective" and then you mosey on over and just find out the whole thing is a lost cause.