Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

I had to move STEAM to my Windows>Program Files(86x) folder to get it to work, it was not working in my standard Program Files folder in Windows 7. Maybe that's it?

Program Files without the x86 is for 64bit programs only. Steam is 32bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

FlyingCheese posted:

Program Files without the x86 is for 64bit programs only. Steam is 32bit.

Yes, but my game did not work until I installed it to the x86 folder, so idunno.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Probably a better way to phrase this;

FlyingCheese posted:

Program Files (x86) is for 32bit programs only. Steam is 32bit.

Anyway the problem was solved, so all is right with the world I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Male Man posted:

You can walk out with enough turbo or the GRX implant and a significant amount of drug duration boosts. I don't think turbo spawns in DM anymore, though, and you can't find the components to make it.

Used to be, if you timed it just right, you could sneak right out through the front door while Elijah was fiddling with a computer, but the script triggers got beefed up to prevent that.

When were the script triggers altered? I'm hoping to replicate my earlier success of "throw on a stealth boy and walk right out as fast as my unbelievably encumbered rear end can carry me". If I recall, the force field slammed shut right behind me when I pulled it off correctly.

Just making sure this is still doable because gently caress letting go. I'm not learning my lesson. :colbert:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

Captain Oblivious posted:

When were the script triggers altered? I'm hoping to replicate my earlier success of "throw on a stealth boy and walk right out as fast as my unbelievably encumbered rear end can carry me". If I recall, the force field slammed shut right behind me when I pulled it off correctly.

Just making sure this is still doable because gently caress letting go. I'm not learning my lesson. :colbert:

When I played last, no Stealth Boys spawned in the vault.

I was awfully disappointed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

When I played last, no Stealth Boys spawned in the vault.

I was awfully disappointed.

There are some scattered throughout Dead Money. Not many, but some. None in the vault proper though no.

I made a point of saving a stealthboy for that specific purpose.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

Am I the only person who didn't bother trying to haul all the gold back with them?

I thought the entire point was to be satisfied with the 19,000 Pre-War Money stacks you took back with you.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Merry Magpie posted:

Am I the only person who didn't bother trying to haul all the gold back with them?

I thought the entire point was to be satisfied with the 19,000 Pre-War Money stacks you took back with you.

That would be letting Elijah win. Are you going to let that dickhead win? Maybe if you're a quitter. Are you a quitter?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Merry Magpie posted:

When I came to that part of the DLC it honestly never even crossed my mind to actually pick one gold bar up.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

That would be letting Elijah win. Are you going to let that dickhead win? Maybe if you're a quitter. Are you a quitter?

Possibly. I didn't bother to gib his body after repeatedly shooting him in the face.

Does that count?

Police Automaton posted:

When I came to that part of the DLC it honestly never even crossed my mind to actually pick one gold bar up.

Well of course I took one! Or three. Or five. Souvenirs.

Merry Magpie fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 28, 2012

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I envision the Courier dragging a giant Grinch sack of gold, cackling through the wastes, sloooooooowly back to civilization. It's by far the best ending for Dead Money especially if you're a good karma Courier. Convinced everyone to LET GO AND MOVE ON MAAAN...and then ran off with all the gold. Suckers.

Then I end up having to heave most of my poo poo in the Abandoned BoS locker and make a billion trips back and forth to my hideout.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

I envision the Courier dragging a giant Grinch sack of gold, cackling through the wastes, sloooooooowly back to civilization. It's by far the best ending for Dead Money.

Then I end up having to heave most of my poo poo in the Abandoned BoS locker and make a billion trips back and forth to my hideout.

Long Haul is the best perk.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

RagingBoner posted:

I wish I had room in my build I really, really do :negative:

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

I wish I had room in my build I really, really do :negative:

Geez, by level 40 I'm scrounging for useful perks to take, and I can one shot almost anything.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I didn't take any of the gold and I trapped Elijah in the vault. Lemme know how much good all that money does you in there, pal. :smug:

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
Elijah never wanted the money did he? He just wanted the tech in the cloud to wipe the world clean.

I took one bar and left the rest. Carefully thought out themes that I'm actually a part of are too rare in games to break it.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I try to lock him in the vault, I really, really do, but I always worry that he'll use the technology in there to break out after I've gone... :ohdear:.

And besides, after three weeks of slogging through toxic clouds and bear traps with only a bag of crisps and a rusty knife to help I just want to punch his stupid beardy face inside out. Repeatedly.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

RagingBoner posted:

Or just set up home in the sink and teleport there as soon as yu exit the bunker.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Don't know if this has been posted. Don't care.

If they Wasteland 2 Kickstarter reaches $2.1 million they'll bring in Obsidian.

Let me reiterate:

If you donate to the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, Obsidian could end up working on the game.

The only way this could be any more awesome is if they announce that at $2.2 million, they will buy the rights to "Turn Up the Radio" so you can roll Konstantin Brayko

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I played FNV when it was released and had a blast. Now I want to play the DLCs using my old character. Have they fixed the scaling issues in Old World Blues or is it still annoying?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Captain Walker posted:

Don't know if this has been posted. Don't care.

If they Wasteland 2 Kickstarter reaches $2.1 million they'll bring in Obsidian.

Let me reiterate:

If you donate to the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, Obsidian could end up working on the game.

The only way this could be any more awesome is if they announce that at $2.2 million, they will buy the rights to "Turn Up the Radio" so you can roll Konstantin Brayko

This is cool as hell and they're already at $1.8 million. :dance:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Furism posted:

I played FNV when it was released and had a blast. Now I want to play the DLCs using my old character. Have they fixed the scaling issues in Old World Blues or is it still annoying?

They can't patch DLC.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

MrL_JaKiri posted:

They can't patch DLC.

Right. Is there a mod then?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Furism posted:

It's not that bad. Just bring a ton of ammo if you're a guns character.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

gohuskies posted:

It's not that bad. Just bring a ton of ammo if you're a guns character.

Or pick up a proton axe/saturnite fist and go to rape-town. Even as a guns character swimming in ammo and high-end weapons those roboscorpions were just drat near unkillable.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Furism posted:

Furism posted:

Puce Moose has a series of mods, and one of them involves unfucking the OWB nonsense. I've mentioned it before, but he's discovered a lot of quirks in the DLC that are pretty entertaining. For example, almost all enemies in OWB are "controlled" by ~9 actors, and when the hosts are killed, the actors go off and randomly spawn in another enemy to control. This is why it felt like you could never clear an area, and why areas with no enemies would suddenly be crawling in them.

Go on the Nexus and look him / her up. It's all in their OWB module.

Niggard of Oz
Jan 24, 2011

It's a NIGGER joke,
You Faggot's!
I really should have played this before Skyrim, because it's kind of like going down a generation in console graphics after that game. And is my game bugged, or is that how the 3rd person camera is suppose to work?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
How? You didn't explain what is wrong with it. And the 3rd person camera is pretty clunky, yeah. I prefer first person.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Niggard of Oz posted:

I really should have played this before Skyrim, because it's kind of like going down a generation in console graphics after that game. And is my game bugged, or is that how the 3rd person camera is suppose to work?

But it's like going into the year 3000 when it comes to competent writing. So it's a trade-off. Let down by graphics but mind-blown by dialogue, or vice versa? And yeah, your 3rd person camera is bugged. It shouldn't work like that.

Niggard of Oz
Jan 24, 2011

It's a NIGGER joke,
You Faggot's!

Samopsa posted:

How? You didn't explain what is wrong with it. And the 3rd person camera is pretty clunky, yeah. I prefer first person.

Oh sorry, I forgot not everyone can read minds over the internet. I can't zoom it out and have it stay there. If I hold down the button and zoom it out far enough to say, see my character's rear end, when I let go of the button it snaps back up close to my character model, denying me all that buttocky goodness.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

But it's like going into the year 3000 when it comes to competent writing. So it's a trade-off. Let down by graphics but mind-blown by dialogue, or vice versa? And yeah, your 3rd person camera is bugged. It shouldn't work like that.

Yeah, but if I had played this game before skyrim, like I had intended to, instead of being a cheap bastard who waited for the Ultimate Edition to get released (then waited an aditional month for it to drop $10), I wouldn't have had to trade-off anything. Because I'm pretty sure this looks just as good as F03 did, but after 100+ hours of dumb-but-gorgeous skyrim, this is pretty jarring.

vvvvvvv

I played F03's outdoor areas solely in 3rd person, zoomed out so I could see my character's feet, and I'm talking guns and no vats. Is there a reason that NV doesn't allow this? Something technical?

Niggard of Oz fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Apr 1, 2012

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just play it from first person. The 3rd person camera doesn't work well in any of the Bethesda engine games.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Has anyone got eyefinity working? It works in Skyrim, but I can't get it here. There is lots of information available on fixing GUI and game-terminal issues, but I can't get the game to run on more than one screen, and issue I can't find a solution for: I have a low-res image displaying on my center monitor only. I can't see the menu options at all, and when I blind-press to get in the game, the center monitor is still the only one active.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Niggard of Oz posted:

Because I'm pretty sure this looks just as good as F03 did, but after 100+ hours of dumb-but-gorgeous skyrim, this is pretty jarring.

NV does look a lot more bland than FO3 in my opinion, it comes with the different setting. You'll probably get used to it after a couple of hours though.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Niggard of Oz posted:

Oh sorry, I forgot not everyone can read minds over the internet. I can't zoom it out and have it stay there. If I hold down the button and zoom it out far enough to say, see my character's rear end, when I let go of the button it snaps back up close to my character model, denying me all that buttocky goodness.

Yeah, but if I had played this game before skyrim, like I had intended to, instead of being a cheap bastard who waited for the Ultimate Edition to get released (then waited an aditional month for it to drop $10), I wouldn't have had to trade-off anything. Because I'm pretty sure this looks just as good as F03 did, but after 100+ hours of dumb-but-gorgeous skyrim, this is pretty jarring.

vvvvvvv

I played F03's outdoor areas solely in 3rd person, zoomed out so I could see my character's feet, and I'm talking guns and no vats. Is there a reason that NV doesn't allow this? Something technical?

Did you look through all the options and stuff? I played this game on PC in third person a lot and I don't think I ever had that problem, the game definitely allows third person play. Have you gotten the buttons to move the camera around and actually zoom it out mixed up? On PC you use the scrollwheel to zoom in or out, and plus I think there's a seperate key to go to 3rd person too. So look through all the controls and options and stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Niggard of Oz posted:

vvvvvvv

That's actually what's supposed to happen with the 3rd person camera. Or at least originally. I'm not sure if they patched it out or something, because it stopped happening for me after a while.

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008
Can anyone steer me to the Fallout 3 thread? Is it archived now or something? I searched, but could not find anything at all. I'm just looking for character builds. I've already found a bunch online obviously, but you know, goons are the best.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Here's a good Fallout 3 build: S:9/P:9/E:9/C:9/I:9/A:9/L:9

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Jewce posted:

Can anyone steer me to the Fallout 3 thread? Is it archived now or something? I searched, but could not find anything at all. I'm just looking for character builds. I've already found a bunch online obviously, but you know, goons are the best.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186281&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post364497806

EDIT: Pretty much this, though.

VVVVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 2, 2012

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Jewce posted:

It doesn't matter. As long as your INT isn't stupidly low, you can trivially max all your skills. In the end, every Fallout 3 character is identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So, is there a known bug in FNV with, uh, the player's head exploding seemingly at random? :ohdear: I don't have Honest Hearts or Dead Money installed, but I do have OWB and Lonesome Road.

I did a Google and I noticed one or two threads about it, but nothing like a definitive answer.