Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

This is a legitimate awesome single! And I'm a picky, hard to please musical bastard! Jesus christ, the production! gently caress!

EDIT: They Might Be Giant-ish!

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shageletic posted:

This is a legitimate awesome single! And I'm a picky, hard to please musical bastard! Jesus christ, the production! gently caress!
Wow, thanks for the high praise!
When I get some time, I'm planning on making it a music video like my other motion comics on the TailsGetsTrolled Youtube account.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Suddenly hit with the urge to write a TGT song for the Banjo. Hmmm... Maybe acoustic version of this:

JazzFlight posted:

Hmm, let's see...

C, G, F, C for the chorus
C, Em, Am, Dm for the verses

Would you by any chance happen to have just your vocals?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Calico Heart posted:

Hey, I'm using your cool image for my Bandcamp single. I won't get sued by SEGA, will I? Will I get sued by Lazerbot?!

No but I might pull a Monty Norman on you once you become rich and famous.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

JazzFlight posted:

This is amazing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, thanks for the high praise!
When I get some time, I'm planning on making it a music video like my other motion comics on the TailsGetsTrolled Youtube account.

Literally have been listening to this song non-stop. It's addictive!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Works surprisingly well on Banjo!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Calico Heart posted:

Suddenly hit with the urge to write a TGT song for the Banjo. Hmmm... Maybe acoustic version of this.

Yup, just a sec. Do you have PMs?

I also realized I didn't include the bridge in the chord list. This should be the whole thing:

C, G, F, C - Chorus
C, Em, Am, Dm - Verse
C, G, Dm, C - Bridge

EDIT: Should I send you the vocals as they are (with all the reverb) or do you want to mix it yourself?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 28, 2012

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

Yup, just a sec. Do you have PMs?

I also realized I didn't include the bridge in the chord list. This should be the whole thing:

C, G, F, C - Chorus
C, Em, Am, Dm - Verse
C, G, Dm, C - Bridge

Ah, I only have a basic account.

Also, silly question - but I cannot manage to get embeds from bandcamp to work. Anyone able to help me out?

EDIT: Send it to me without reverb, I can get a plugin for audacity to help with that.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 28, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Calico Heart posted:

There ya go. I left the reverb on. Feel free to slice it up, remix, whatever ya want.

Calico Heart posted:

EDIT: Send it to me without reverb, I can get a plugin for audacity to help with that.
Ack! Okay, hold on, I'll do it again.

Here's vocals only, no reverb. Have fun!

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 28, 2012

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Thanks so much! As soon as I get some free time I'll crack that baby open.

By the way guys...

!!!FIRST SINGLE FROM UNTITLED ("poo poo we Failed"?) TAILS GETS TROLLED TRIBUTE ALBUM IS ON BANDCAMP!!!

http://calicoheart.bandcamp.com/track/ladies-get-trolled-demo

Jazzflight, if you want to upload your song to BandCamp we can start putting this EP together something fierce!

If you should choose to pay for the single, all proceeds will go to Lazerbot. It's linked to my paypal, but I'll send everything to Lazerbot. Support the artist guys!

(I'm silly and couldn't get embed to work. Forgive me!)

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 28, 2012

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Alas my microphone, poo poo thing she be has gone to sleep evermore, all I get is a ridiculous amount of overwhelming static. So wanted to sing my parody song tonight.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
New page, I don't trust trolls and dead bodies in this comic

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you updated it. Anyways the songs are very awesome.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Even though people can just choose to not pay anything, I think it might be in better taste to just set the bandcamp to free and have no way to pay anything. The way this thread is going I can see some idiot trying to "help" lazerbot the next time his computer breaks down or something.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Even though people can just choose to not pay anything, I think it might be in better taste to just set the bandcamp to free and have no way to pay anything. The way this thread is going I can see some idiot trying to "help" lazerbot the next time his computer breaks down or something.

Yeah, something about giving money to Lazerbot doesn't sit totally right with me. I love the comic, but let's not just toss money at a kid none of us really know much about when it comes down to it.

e:

Wrist Watch posted:

Actually no, let's not

yeah that was a bad joke I'll just admit that straight up.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 28, 2012

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

This is amazing and the chorus is stuck in my head right now.

You see, this is what true art does. It inspires others to make more art. :golfclap:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

For some reason, every time I listen to "Ladies Get Trolled," I can only picture it being performed very sincerely by a sensitive singer-songwriter on a tiny stage, surrounded by the silent adoration of a small but intense group of fans. The sincerity really makes it, IMHO.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Well, I know what I'll be humming all day at work today. Goons are loving amazing.
"poo poo we Failed" is a magnificent name for this project.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
These songs are the best and I love this comic so much. 2012 is the year of the lazerbot for sure.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
A new page is out.

poo poo just got real!

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Oh my god, for the first time I actually care about what happens to Silver the Hedgehog. Tails Gets Trolled really brings out the best in all the extra Sonic characters.

Schmeev
Jun 3, 2011
Welp, I guess it's time for me to start writing. Once I get my guitar back, I can ghetto out some tracks. Because I love musical diversity, I think I'll go with something heavier for this one. I really really really love this thread.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I did a blues tribute to Shadow and Knuckles. Sorry about the sound quality, I've only got the lovely mic on my laptop for it.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

I did a blues tribute to Shadow and Knuckles. Sorry about the sound quality, I've only got the lovely mic on my laptop for it.

This is astounding! You did such an incredible job! I was going to play some bluesy piano but I think with your voice you have me totally totally beat :)

Man, this right here is why I joined Something Awful. You goons are the greatest.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm slightly saddened to know that there won't be a mecha-Eggman, but I guess it's the same lesson Pac-Man learned. The dead never come back.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
No dragonball bullshit in lazerbots tale, trolling has consequences, dumbass will learn

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

For some reason, every time I listen to "Ladies Get Trolled," I can only picture it being performed very sincerely by a sensitive singer-songwriter on a tiny stage, surrounded by the silent adoration of a small but intense group of fans. The sincerity really makes it, IMHO.

Thanks man. I'll be sure to bust it out next time I go busking. It's actually a real treat to sing too, I've found myself humming it a couple times.

Also I genuinely don't want Silver to die. I care more about him here than in his game.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 28, 2012

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I am usually critical of music people make but I am really enjoying the music that this comic is inspiring. For the first time I have Goon music on my mp3 it's exciting. The voice acting has been amazing too. I hope Everdraed comes back soon!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Simmerl posted:

I'm ... actually starting to like Silver.
I feel so dirty.

Why doesn't SA ever have Troll Off contests?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Unguided posted:

Someone needs to do a rap battle version of this troll off.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Unguided posted:

I think they're called threads here.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Unguided posted:

Two FYAD guys did that a few years ago but for the life of me I can't remember anything about it other than that it was glorious to behold.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Calico Heart posted:

Someone needs to do a rap battle version of this troll off.

It doesn't lend itself to actual rap that well, but I have been considering doing a spoken word version over a rap beat. I need to find my mic.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Unguided posted:

The Infrateal vs Heebie-GBS is the most memorable one (Infrateal comes in at page 4).

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Stottie Kyek posted:

This is fantastic!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I feel compelled to write a song in which Tails is visited in his sleep by sonics ghost.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Calico Heart posted:

I feel compelled to write a song in which Tails is visited in his sleep by sonics ghost.

Oh great, now I'm imagining Tails Gets Trolled as a full-on musical.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Calico Heart posted:

Will that be before or after "Daffy No (Bugs' Lament)"?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh great, now I'm imagining Tails Gets Trolled as a full-on musical.

Off-broadway for sure.

I'd like to audition for Daffy. It's a small role but a breakout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Calico Heart posted:

Tails Gets Touched.... heh

Stottie Kyek posted:

Do you have any other music floating around somewhere? I really like this and want to hear more.