Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Starsnostars posted:

Isn't CB only around 19 issues? That seems like it would be a little small for an omnibus.

Devil Dinosaur would like a word with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Apropos of nothing, omnibu the lack of which I cannot fathom why:

Hulk by Greg Pak
Herc by Greg Pak
Runaways (I know there was a rumour about this one)
Brand New Day (and this one)
Captain Britain and MI:13
Agents of Atlas
Punisher Max
Punishermax
Would not
Would
Would
Would not
Would
Would
Would not
Would not

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I asked Tom Brevoort about a Captain Britain and MI13 on formspring, and he said he doesn't see it happening. But I guess things could change, and it's not like he's head of their trades department.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Does anyone have a scoop on any cool non-Marvel or DC trades coming out? I'm looking forward to IDW's Outland collection in April and the Richard Corben Creepy collection Dark Horse is putting out in July.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Does anyone have a scoop on any cool non-Marvel or DC trades coming out? I'm looking forward to IDW's Outland collection in April and the Richard Corben Creepy collection Dark Horse is putting out in July.

I'm always big on anything Cinebook puts out http://www.cinebook.co.uk/

Beyond that the books below may tickle your fancy

The Simon & Kirby Library: Science Fiction
by Joe Simon (Hardcover)

The Golden Age of DC Comics
by Paul Levitz (Hardcover)

The Creativity of Steve Ditko
by Steve Ditko (Hardcover)

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse: Vols. 3 & 4 Collector's Box Set
by Floyd Gottfredson (Hardcover)

Totally MAD: 60 Years of Humor, Satire, Stupidity and Stupidity
(Hardcover)

Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent?: And Other Amazing Comic Book Trivia!
by Brian Cronin (Paperback)

The Phantom The Complete Series: The King Years
by Dick Wood (Hardcover)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Someone at Amazon is either loving up or they are going to war with shops.

Spaceman Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/Spaceman-Deluxe-Edition-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401235522/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_03_t_lh

For $13.50

American Vampire Vol. 4: http://www.amazon.com/American-Vampire-Vol-Scott-Snyder/dp/1401237185/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Also $13.50

Hellboy Library Edition 5: http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Library-Edition-Volume-5/dp/1595828869/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332883883&sr=8-1

$26

Stuff is like 48% off all over the place.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

Someone at Amazon is either loving up or they are going to war with shops.

Spaceman Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/Spaceman-Deluxe-Edition-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401235522/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_03_t_lh

For $13.50

American Vampire Vol. 4: http://www.amazon.com/American-Vampire-Vol-Scott-Snyder/dp/1401237185/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Also $13.50

Hellboy Library Edition 5: http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Library-Edition-Volume-5/dp/1595828869/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332883883&sr=8-1

$26

Stuff is like 48% off all over the place.
Awesome. Parker: The Score is also 48% off. One-click.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Does anybody know for sure the release date of the Flex Mentallo hc for the direct market? It's changed so many times I'm not sure where to find an accurate date.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lord Krangdar posted:

Does anybody know for sure the release date of the Flex Mentallo hc for the direct market? It's changed so many times I'm not sure where to find an accurate date.

The eleventeenth of NEVER loving COMING OUT OH GOD SO DEPRESSED MUST CUT WRISTS.

Yeah, we have no idea.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Next week, dogg.

http://www.previewsworld.com/shipping/upcomingreleases.txt

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/lists/dc-comics-extended-forecast-for-03-28-2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'll believe it when I hold it in my own hands!

But yeah, Diamond doesn't post my invoice until 8 am ad that's really all I pay attention to at this point.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Rhyno posted:

I'll believe it when I hold it in my own hands!

But yeah, Diamond doesn't post my invoice until 8 am ad that's really all I pay attention to at this point.

I heard somewhere on here that Quitely's gotten his comp copies, so I think it'll actually make this date. About drat time, too!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

I heard somewhere on here that Quitely's gotten his comp copies, so I think it'll actually make this date. About drat time, too!

Hopefully no production gently caress ups like Batman Year One. Four of the five of my preorders heard about that shitstorm and refused the book.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Rhyno posted:

Hopefully no production gently caress ups like Batman Year One. Four of the five of my preorders heard about that shitstorm and refused the book.

Ugh, yeah. That sucks, but I really can't blame them. DC should have made that thing returnable.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Have you heard anything from DC about a possible fix/reprint? Is it returnable like the DC Universe by Alan Moore HC?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

d00gZ posted:

That was me regurgitating from Twitter. I'm excited. Plan on just losing a day to that.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Weren't copies also been given out to people who asked good questions at the DC panel at Wondercon? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

solidrooster posted:

Have you heard anything from DC about a possible fix/reprint? Is it returnable like the DC Universe by Alan Moore HC?

To be honest I haven't checked yet but I doubt it. We had two damaged copies and they just replaced them this week, no new edition or anything.

EDIT: HOLKY BALLS IT'S ON MY INVOICE THIS WEEK.

quote:

OCT110285D FLEX MENTALLO MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY DLX HC (MR)

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Cool things I found out today:

There's going to be a collection of the entire run of The Invisibles.

The second Empowered deluxe hardcover comes out in April.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Cool things I found out today:

There's going to be a collection of the entire run of The Invisibles.

Uncool thing: It's by DC, whose recent big omnibuses have had ultra-poo poo production quality (books don't lie flat, half the art is lost in the gutter). They say they're going to improve them but... we'll see.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

solidrooster posted:

Wait. What is this? I just bought a copy of the Alan Moore book from my LCBS but have not had the time to read through it. What's the matter with it?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Happy Hippo posted:

Wait. What is this? I just bought a copy of the Alan Moore book from my LCBS but have not had the time to read through it. What's the matter with it?

According to Amazon, it's missing The Killing Joke, so probably like, half the reason to get it in the first place. I'm sure there's various other QA issues as well, but that was the major complaint from reading Amazon reviews.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

GrandpaPants posted:

According to Amazon, it's missing The Killing Joke, so probably like, half the reason to get it in the first place. I'm sure there's various other QA issues as well, but that was the major complaint from reading Amazon reviews.

That's no biggie for me since I still own my Killing Joke that I bought way back in the day but it is hosed up that they advertised it as being included. I just flipped through mine and noticed that the table of contents gives page numbers where a story starts but they didn't bother numbering the pages.

DC GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Happy Hippo posted:

DC GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER

lulz

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Glenn Danzig posted:

lulz

Yeah yeah, I know.

The worst thing about this is that the books they recently hosed up were books that people that don't typically read DC books would buy. I'm more of a Marvel guy but Batman owns and Batman Year One owns doubly so and almost all comics readers know this (at least the latter). And Moore is respected by everyone. So when DC fucks up like that it looks really loving bad to guys like me. From the outside looking in I'm seeing a company that has rebooted continuity like three times in five years and cannot figure out how to put out a decent version of a book in the form that they advertised.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

I think there's something wrong with every single version of the Alan Moore collection. This ones not a big deal to me since I've got a Killing Joke hardcover but I definitely could see a lot of people being pissed.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I think there's something wrong with every single version of the Alan Moore collection. This ones not a big deal to me since I've got a Killing Joke hardcover but I definitely could see a lot of people being pissed.
I don't think there is anything wrong with the current paperback edition.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nawid posted:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the current paperback edition.

They lack the Image stories from the current hardcover.

Not that it's any great loss; they weren't very good and I'm pretty sure Moore was just doing them to pay for From Hell...

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
DC is frustrating because they can do something beautiful like the Starman Omnibus series but then they poo poo things up big time like JLI four HCs, switch to TPBs for two more volumes and now nothing. Suicide Squad got solicited multiple times in multiple formats, one TPB and that's it.

Archives are a work of art though. I will keep buying them forever!

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The second Empowered deluxe hardcover comes out in April.

Which April? I'm not seeing anything.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

LCQC posted:

Which April? I'm not seeing anything.

Looks like August 29th for volume 2: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/19-008/Empowered-Deluxe-Edition-Volume-2-HC

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.
Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely "Flex Mentallo - Man of Muscle Mystery (Deluxe Edition)"
Estimated arrival date: April 05 2012 - April 11 2012

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely "Flex Mentallo - Man of Muscle Mystery (Deluxe Edition)"

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Meh, that's not too bad - Rhyno said a few posts up-thread that he's getting it this week, and Amazon is usually a week behind across-the-board on their comic releases. The timing works out as it usually does.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Hello,

I got April 10 on Amazon, getting closer.

solidrooster posted:

Looks like August 29th for volume 2: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/19-008/Empowered-Deluxe-Edition-Volume-2-HC

Cool.

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37901

Scott Pilgrim is getting a full-colour re-release

Now I have to re-buy the series.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Darn. It's going to be released individually. I was hoping they would rework the panels so it would become an awesome omnibus.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
Glad that the first thing I thought (If they're coloring it, it better be larger now too) was the very first thing I saw in that CBR link. Yeah, I'll double dip, why not. The colors look nice.

obi_ant posted:

Darn. It's going to be released individually. I was hoping they would rework the panels so it would become an awesome omnibus.

Rework the panels? I'm rather confused how that would affect its ability to be an omnibus...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

bairfanx posted:

Glad that the first thing I thought (If they're coloring it, it better be larger now too) was the very first thing I saw in that CBR link. Yeah, I'll double dip, why not. The colors look nice.

Rework the panels? I'm rather confused how that would affect its ability to be an omnibus...

I'm looking at the books right now, if they made an omnibus out of the six books, it would be thicker than two "standard" Marvel omnibuses. I was thinking it would be nicer to rework the panels so they fit into the standard Marvel omnibus mold, but that'll never happen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hm, not sure how I feel about that since books drawn for black and white tend to look better that way. (I'll probably grab them, anyway since they're bigger and hardcover.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Rick Remender announced that a Fear Agents omnibus is coming out in October. I've loved Remender's work at Marvel so I'm pretty curious about this, how good is Fear Agents?