Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Welp thanks for the information guys.

But how do you like my car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Belldandy posted:

Because Reddit is a haven for pedophiles? I kinda wouldn't want to be associated with that website.

You post links from there constantly. Besides, calling it a haven for pedophiles is like calling SA a haven for Bronies.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Comrade Flynn posted:

You post links from there constantly. Besides, calling it a haven for pedophiles is like calling SA a haven for Bronies.

I've never posted a Reddit link, come now.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
A haven for pedophiles? Give me a break. Your on the internet? Didn't you know that's where all the pedos are?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

hunter x az posted:

Welp thanks for the information guys.

But how do you like my car?

We don't. If you were a goon you'd have an SA grenade on it. Seems to me you've picked your side already. Go ask your reddit friends how they like it. :colbert:

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
The SA grenade has been overtaken by some MMA company who uses a grenade as their logo or some poo poo. No way! It's almost like having a TAPOUT sticker on my car. :|

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Pretty sure he was joking, dude.

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
If you think having a TAPOUT sticker is bad, just imagine having a sticker on your car :stonk:. It's as bad as having a TAPOUT sticker on your car. :stonk:

Acceptable 'Decals' list features your car has, such as TURBO :hydrogen:, CROSSFIRE FUEL INJECTION :rice: and :kimchi: DUAL OVERHEAD CAMSHAFTS :kimchi:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hunter x az posted:

The SA grenade has been overtaken by some MMA company who uses a grenade as their logo or some poo poo. No way! It's almost like having a TAPOUT sticker on my car. :|

Pretty sure you are talking about the snowboard company Grenade.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Pretty sure you are talking about the snowboard company Grenade.

If he's in the midwest it actually could be the MMA clothing company Bang Town, which has an awful name and a lovely logo. But the guys that run it are pretty cool people, despite being as broy as most MMA meatheads.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
How did this thread turn into this from posting a picture of my car with a reddit sticker. :( I am sorry.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

hunter x az posted:

How did this thread turn into this from posting a picture of my car with a reddit sticker. :( I am sorry.

You redditted, there was a response.
Given SA's recent stance, that's a given.

And I hope you truly repent.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

hunter x az posted:

Also resize your picture.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Shut the gently caress up about reddit.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Behold my 2011 Golf TDI in Shark Blue. Bone stock except for the tint, 30 on the front windows and 15 on the rear windows and back glass. Has the xenons, sunroof and dynaudio along with utterly useless chrome exhaust tips. I sperged out today and cleaned the entire thing, with the exception of the hatch area because it will forever be covered in dog hair.

Front Shot

Side shot w/ TDIClub.com logo

I'm not the greatest waxer but this is decent enough. Bonus trashcan.

I really think some gunmetal or black wheels would look outstanding on this paint color. These are 17" stock Porto wheels and I'm thinking if I do swap the wheels I should go to 18" or 19". Thoughts?

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
19" tires are generally more expensive than 18". And your 17's are cheaper still.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

_firehawk posted:

19" tires are generally more expensive than 18". And your 17's are cheaper still.

It's not the cost, more that the 17" are not the most aesthetically pleasing.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

Bovril Delight posted:

Behold my 2011 Golf TDI in Shark Blue. Bone stock except for the tint, 30 on the front windows and 15 on the rear windows and back glass. Has the xenons, sunroof and dynaudio along with utterly useless chrome exhaust tips. I sperged out today and cleaned the entire thing, with the exception of the hatch area because it will forever be covered in dog hair.

Front Shot

Side shot w/ TDIClub.com logo

I'm not the greatest waxer but this is decent enough. Bonus trashcan.

I really think some gunmetal or black wheels would look outstanding on this paint color. These are 17" stock Porto wheels and I'm thinking if I do swap the wheels I should go to 18" or 19". Thoughts?
Looks good. Stick with 17". If you go bigger you'll have to have even less sidewall to keep the same overall wheel diameter (as to not mess up your speedo) and it will make for a harsher ride.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

If you're not planning to lower it, don't go larger than 18". 19s look goofy on stock height cars. Too much wheel, not enough sidewall, and way too much fender gap.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Went over to check on the battery. Summer needs to get here, stat.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Installed the coilovers yesterday. Need to go lower in the back imo.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
There's nothing wrong with a little bit of rake (and to be honest, that looks pretty even), I wouldn't lower the back any more than it is.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
I have stock 18's. And I downsized with my winter snows to 17's and thought the ride was much better. For reference the stock tires on my car are 245/45/18. With an optional 245/40/19. And I dropped to a 225/55/17 for the snows. What I lost in grip, I gained in comfort.

BobSpelledBackward
Mar 26, 2012
01GT + 03 SV650s

AutoX Day

08 Sky Redline (AutoX day, need to find other pics)

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

HalloKitty posted:

I'm glad at least some Europeans posted recently so I'm not lost in only a sea of awesome old cars.

I recently got this:

Which to anyone in Europe will no doubt immediately seem an ordinary and common car (it's a Vauxhall Astra H estate, 2007-2008 ish). Which it is.
But it's a ton newer than anything I had before, dammit!

Yes, it has the miniscule 1248cc diesel engine that somehow produces 90hp/200nm using a variable geometry turbocharger that no doubt contains witchcraft, and it sips fuel as if it was enjoying expensive whiskey.

(If you're wondering.. maybe not.. yes, an engine that small with a fairly high power output does have schizophrenic power delivery.. no power at low rpms then a massive surge, even with a VGT)

Hey small Diesel Buddy!
Ok mines a 1,6l with 109HP and its in a Peugeot. But its good to know that you're not alone in this sea of big american classic cars and GTIs

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Any suggestions to fix that blemish on the front bumper short of getting a whole new bumper? It's the only defect on the car that can be view from 5+ ft away. Closer then 5 ft? Well, the paint is obviously hosed.

KeanuReevesGhost fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 29, 2012

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I traded in my 07 MS3GT for this guy. Tow hitch and step bars are being installed Monday. '12 Xterra Pro-4X

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Any suggestions to fix that blemish on the front bumper short of getting a whole new bumper? It's the only defect on the car that can be view from 5+ ft away. Closer then 5 ft? Well, the paint is obviously hosed.

A vinyl sticker color matched to your paint

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Trying to finish this dumb thing in time for the summer, but Im clueless on the last few bits left. Maybe I should make a project thread.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

opengl128 posted:

A vinyl sticker color matched to your paint

That's not going to do anything. I'd recommend having a local body shop try to patch it up with some fiberglass. Shouldn't be that expensive.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Crustashio posted:

It's... It's so handsome. Like a well dressed hitman.

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.

Crustashio posted:

Come to Venice, where it is summer year round (but they make you put an ugly license place on your bumper).

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

BrownieVK posted:

Trying to finish this dumb thing in time for the summer, but Im clueless on the last few bits left. Maybe I should make a project thread.

I'd be interested to read what you've been doing. I recently got an '82 that I want to fix up over time but it's slow going so far as I'm low on the learning curve.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ynotony posted:

Come to Venice, where it is summer year round (but they make you put an ugly license place on your bumper).

Come to San Diego, where its summer year round unless you take photos like this and it rains the following day.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
So mine got keyed last week and I've had to put it in my father's garage. It doesn't really fit:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why not wrap it instead of fixing the scratch? I assume you have the disposable wealth. A ridiculous satin coloured 360 would own.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

A5H posted:

Why not wrap it instead of fixing the scratch? I assume you have the disposable wealth. A ridiculous satin coloured 360 would own.
Was most likely going to do that, carbon maybe.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Xeno posted:

Was most likely going to do that, carbon maybe.

Don't do carbon, man.
It's a bit played out.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

A5H posted:

Don't do carbon, man.
It's a bit played out.
Looks sexy though :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp