Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

InfinEight posted:

That Uruk-hai Army set is going to sell like hotcakes.

Kinda wish it came with less pieces though so it'd be cheaper. Oh well. Looks like the walls can attach to the Helm's Deep set (and to each other?) so you can get a big rear end wall going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

AzMiLion posted:

:doh:
Fixed it!

updated the parts list as well!
Fixed part link

Now make the shuttle again and hook it up to the N7 base!

Speaking of Mass Effect, I just found this :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXYF-2HCb8

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Looks like the walls can attach to the Helm's Deep set (and to each other?) so you can get a big rear end wall going.
Good eye! I hadn't noticed that yet. It does look like that'll be the case.

Testro
May 2, 2009

smackfu posted:

VW Camper Van build is very cool, lots of neat techniques, but 1300 pieces sure is a lot of pieces to dump out on the table. I don't know how people build sets with 2-4 times as many without going mad. I know some sets use numbered bags that you don't open until a certain point... do all the big sets do that?

Tower Bridge (4000+ pieces) wasn't split into numbered bags, which I was a tad surprised at considering that even relatively small builds seem to have numbered bags. Although I guess Tower Bridge is definitely an adult set, so maybe they were trying to credit us with some intelligence...

A fair amount of them were the same type of piece as well, so it was just a basic sort prior to building. I think I ended up with something like 35 tupperware boxes, each holding different types of pieces; it took a while, but it was part of the fun of the build.

I think when you're dealing with anything which has super small pieces, or has over 1500 pieces, pouring all of the pieces into one huge mound quickly stops being fun because trying to find that 1x1 brick in amongst the rest is such hard work.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

emoltra posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXYF-2HCb8

Oh I want this RIGHT NOW.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

emoltra posted:

What, like this? I put it on a spinny/angleable base btw. And the base it's on can go in any of the peg holes on the plaque since it's on a 3 longs peg thing.

:effort: on making another parts list.
have a LXF link anyway.
A wild link appears!
EDIT//I really should let this thing be done but i have an idea for another awesome base. have to work on it for a while though. this one isn't that easy to build i fear.

AzMiLion fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 28, 2012

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

So there's this thing that DWELL (the magazine) was/is doing: design a midcentury modern house, maybe win a pile of Architecture sets. So this is what I threw together:

(apologies for the massive originals)

It doesn't really qualify as midcentury modern exactly, but I think it includes enough influence. Whatever.

I didn't find out about it til like yesterday, otherwise I would have alerted goons sooner. Entries close at 11:59 PST tonight.

(Tangentially related: should I start a Flickr account just for LEGO junk? I don't know how much time I'd actually spend posting stuff or poking around looking for other stuff.)

e: Just realized I didn't get a shot of the door in:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

AzMiLion posted:

:doh:
Fixed it!

updated the parts list as well!
Fixed part link

I know I'm being super-demanding, but any chance we could get a parts list for just the stand? :shobon: I ordered the kit from Ichiban but I still want that rad stand for it.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Mr. Glass posted:

I know I'm being super-demanding, but any chance we could get a parts list for just the stand? :shobon: I ordered the kit from Ichiban but I still want that rad stand for it.

Super demanding? nah.
Part list 101 piece,32 unique.
LXF File

If you do build it, pics please.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Testro posted:

I think when you're dealing with anything which has super small pieces, or has over 1500 pieces, pouring all of the pieces into one huge mound quickly stops being fun because trying to find that 1x1 brick in amongst the rest is such hard work.
yeah I realized that after piling most of them on my coffee table. Luckily I realized my error before I dumped in the small piece bags and I put those in a Tupperware instead. Made it much easier.

And really, the nastiest bit is when you need to find the single piece of a type and color left in a pile of 1000, and it is stuck under something.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
So I just learned that one of the SEALUG members has been missing since the 20th. I'll post more information when I get home, but it would be awesome if you guys happen to see her or hear anything to let me know. Her name is Heather Braaten, and she's from the Seattle area. Her online name was HeatherLEGOgirl.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finished up the Grand Emporium. What a great-looking set, I loved it when I saw in online and in-person it's even better. It almost makes me want to get more modular sets, but none really grab my attention like the Emporium did.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

AzMiLion posted:

Super demanding? nah.
Part list 101 piece,32 unique.
LXF File

If you do build it, pics please.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Just ordered the pieces on bricklink.

<edit> Normandy is out for delivery :neckbeard:

Mr. Glass fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 29, 2012

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

AzMiLion posted:

Normandy SR2 v.3

This is great. You inspired me to make a comparatively sized SR-1 Normandy...

MichaelFlatley fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 29, 2012

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

MichaelFlatley posted:

This is great. You inspired me to make a comparatively sized SR-1 Normandy...

Very nice! I might need to build this to go with my SR2...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

youareoffthehook posted:

Missing AFOL

Hope she is found soon, looks like she has some medical issues.

Brickset posted:

Established member of the worldwide LEGO fan community, 'HeatherLEGOgirl'/ Heather Braaten is missing. From flickr:

Hi Sorry to bring such startling news but our close friend and staple of the LEGO community is missing. Her name is Heather Braaten and went by HeatherLEGOgirl here online. A couple months ago she removed her flickr, facebook, and MOCPages profiles but now her mother has called a fellow LEGO fan this morning stating that she was missing and has been since last Tuesday. Police are on the search but her family would like to know her whereabouts any way possible. Here is a photo of her.

If anyone knows her whereabouts or knows when you contacted her last, please chime in here. And if Heather you are out there, please let us know. You have a lot of people worried about you, honey.

Any knowledge of her well being would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Lino, Dave, Stacy, and the rest of the AFOL Community

p.s. You can contact us here via comments or Flickr mail. [This refers to flickr comments - LCG]

Our thoughts are with her family at this time, and we all hope she is found safe and well.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

djfooboo posted:

Hope she is found soon, looks like she has some medical issues.

Thank you for posting that!

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
Series 7 has hit West London WHSmiths.. full box so I just grabbed 10 random packets. Only duplicate was a Space Marine, which I kinda don't mind multiples of. Not bad for a first haul.

Minor quibbles are that the bagpipe player can't be properly Scottish as he has underwear on under his kilt, and the torso under the evil knight's armour is just plain black. They're all awesome though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MichaelFlatley posted:

Series 7 has hit West London WHSmiths..

North-west London what what! :hfive: :toot:

Checking my Smith's again tomorrow.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

MichaelFlatley posted:

Are any UK goons heading to AFOLCON in Manchester in May?

I am now! Thanks for sharing this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I went to Toys R Us to possibly grab a minifig display case if they had a black one(they did not).

What they did have, I found, was BOGO 50% off sales on all Legos aside from Friends, Star Wars, and some other thing, effective through the 31st. Including minifigs. They had a small display of Series 5, and 8 cases of Series 6, so I invested 178 dollars in Minifigs, saving a solid 60 dollars off the retail price. 20 of the minifigs were S5 and I got all of them except Cleopatra, with duplicates of the tiny clown, british guard, boxer, evil dwarf, and cave girl. Not too shabby.

I can't wait for S7. There's so many I want for myself, it really looks to be the best of the series by far.

C-C-C-CUNT
Jun 16, 2005

SHOOTING OUT MY WARRIOR JUICE

The_Doctor posted:

North-west London what what! :hfive: :toot:

Checking my Smith's again tomorrow.

John Lewis in Liverpool just had an empty box today, drat!

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Got my Normandy in the mail! :D

It looks great, but has some construction issues, particularly where the engines attach to the wings. When I get a chance, I'll compare it to AzMiLion's construction.

Still waiting on the pieces for the rad N7 stand.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dargOslomMA

Amazing. Walks and rolls

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Jusupov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dargOslomMA

Amazing. Walks and rolls

Color me impressed, I'd love to play with that thing for awhile.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
My latest one:

In the sake of fairness, I had to make a T-Rex one for the humans. I think it ended up with a fairly similar number of lasers to the bad guy one...

The back.

The little pilot chairs rotate well over 180 degrees to cover anything the fixed guns don't.

Closer shot of the rear guns.

Profile shot.

And the toy from the original line this one was based on. This one was my favorite of the toys I never actually had, which is why I (Gasp.) actually ordered some new parts in order to recreate it. I started it as yet another triceratops MOC, then stuck it on the T-Rex on a whim and liked the look of it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
If anyone lives near a Meijer they have the Mini Figures on price drop for $1.50 until April 22nd. My store only has Series 5 but other stores might have 6.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Still no S7 in my area of London. I asked my local toy shop and they said they weren't getting them till May, and we're surprised when I said WHSmiths had them on shelves already. :(

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Here's a shot of the underside of the Ichiban Normandy, so you can see how lovely the construction is:

I might end up buying some parts to make it better, because as it is it's too fragile to be swooshable.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Had forgotten all about this LEGO dude from Beijing. Spent a day in the park in september and found him. I think there might be something wrong with him but I'm not sure what.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

John Carstairs posted:

My latest one:

You have become an endless source of feel-good nostalgia for me! Keep it up! How has Lego not hired you yet?!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr. Glass posted:

Here's a shot of the underside of the Ichiban Normandy, so you can see how lovely the construction is:

I might end up buying some parts to make it better, because as it is it's too fragile to be swooshable.
Wow. That is pretty awful construction, definitely not worth the price you paid!

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow. That is pretty awful construction, definitely not worth the price you paid!

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed, even though it does look awesome on my desk at work. When I have some free time I think I'll come up with a hybrid of this one and AzMiLion's design; there are elements of both that I like.

I also realized that this, which sits assembled on my dresser, might have the right pieces to make an alliance-colored shuttle.

<edit> oh, also, the instructions were poo poo

Mr. Glass fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 30, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

John Carstairs posted:

AWESOME LAZER DINOS

Where are the group shots of these guys battling with Photoshopped laser beams?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Mr. Glass posted:

I have to second that this is pretty bad for something that costs $35, and as AzMiLion has shown, you can build anything yourself if you put a little thought into it and make it to your own standards.

Anyway, for anyone thinking about picking up the Ninjago Jay's Storm Fighter, Walmart is selling them for $19.97, or $5 off. It's not a huge discount, but if you were thinking of picking it up at TRU with the BOGO sale, then go to Walmart instead. You'll save $2.50 on each unit over TRU's price.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Kazmirski posted:

You have become an endless source of feel-good nostalgia for me! Keep it up! How has Lego not hired you yet?!

Let's go with "Because they would get their pants sued off." It's the best answer for my self esteem.

And I found pictures of an alternate version of an earlier one sitting on my desktop:

Olivia has been up to AWESOME again. Also, I think I'm going to have to hit up bricklink for more Friends colored parts the next time I can justify spending more money on toys. This is as far as I could get with my current stash:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love this picture. But poor Spartan, he never gets invited to parties. :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Had a dream last night that I found S7 minifigs and got my computer programmer minifig.

:sigh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I love this picture. But poor Spartan, he never gets invited to parties. :smith:

Heh, the zombie has the chicken leg he was originally supposed to some with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Zombie DID come with a chicken leg. He originally came with the steak that the Butcher from S6 comes with.