Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I think Lazerbot has stopped playing online games and is now transforming in to a master storyteller. The anger at Internet trolls has gone, and it has been replaced with pop culture references and some instances of genuine humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't had the opportunity to play Skyrim yet but do dragonborn fly without wings? Because Rob has as many wings as he has ears, and I hear it's not the sound that kills you but the sudden deceleration at the end. But to be fair, Rob probably hasn't, so maybe he's immune. :iiam:

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 30, 2012

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

uwaeve posted:

I haven't had the opportunity to play Skyrim yet but do dragonborn fly without wings? Because Rob has as many wings as he has ears, and I hear it's not the sound that kills you but the sudden deceleration at the end. But to be fair, Rob probably hasn't, so maybe he's immune. :iiam:

He's using a Dragon Shout that's basically a super-dash. I would be ashamed about recognizing it so easily, but this comic negates all shame and pride.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Rob is going to kill the world.
And survive due to the lack of loving ears.

He has a shout so strong Bethesda left it out because of its hard disk melting side effects.

Rob will shout and the world will die and no one, not even Rob, will hear Rob scream.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I've been meaning to do a picture of Rob for awhile. I guess this is the best time to do so.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Forward_Bee posted:

Edit: And with 'Blaze of Glory' playing in the background. This is monumental.

This was exactly how I experienced the comic, and it was glorious.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Young Freud posted:

I've been meaning to do a picture of Rob for awhile. I guess this is the best time to do so.

This and the comic are literally the best thing I could have possibly woken up to. Lazerbot, you have made my week by making Rob a Dragonborn.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

poo poo just got real good!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Not to break up the latest comic posts (because holy crap this comic is getting even more amazing at this point), but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePSdwjOz5c
I'm presenting the debut of my "Tails Gets Trolled" music video!

Enjoy!

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 30, 2012

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

i blew off his head with my man juice

haha

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

The MSJ posted:

poo poo just got real good!

here take the power of my second cock

I really hope Team Silver makes it out alive, because this has been my favorite part of the comic so far. Rob and Elmer are just amazing.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
This is great. Somehow I see Elmer being a Duke Nukem (or 80s action hero) clone that is going to start saying some crazy one liners.

"My name is Elmer Fudd, and I'm coming to get the rest of you trolling batsards."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Haha holy poo poo. "Take the power of my second cock". Amazing. Elmer Fudd rules

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I want to see a list of the best quotes by character. Maybe a song (a medley?) or even short diddy could be made for each character using his or her own quotes.

Also, that Skyrim dragonborn music reminds me of a song I can't remember the name of from Pirates of the Caribbean.

MustelaFuro fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 30, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Holy gently caress, the smudge-blurred action lines and the cocky one-liners. I'm loving dying.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I think the revelation of Rob has made me laugh more than anything else in this comic. I wonder if his deafness is in some way related to his shouts? Like he removed his ears so he could shout louder?

Also is the Troll King going to use the word of death and Rob is going to fake his death?!

ALSO Silver, Blaze is one tough cookie, she could really help out here! She has fire powers, superspeed, a superform and eveything!

!!!ALSO!!! what is up with Elmer's characterisation in this comic?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I did a sort of R&B song for all the romance in the series. Again, apologies for the lovely mic and mixing:

Lyrics:

So are you telling me you wasn't hosed up in any way when you had sex with me?
Rouge, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up in any way when you got next to me?
So are you telling me you wasn't hosed up when I was tripping so heavily?
Girl, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up when you got dirty with that monkey?

Take that stupid mask off, boy, I wanna see your face,
You know I know you want me boy, and now's the time and place
Silver, boy, you got me down and don't return my calls,
Come on and tell me how you feel, it's time you grew some balls,

[Chorus]

Let's go where we will neverbe found, away from Elmer Fudd,
I don't need his shotgun 'cause your spike is what I want,
You're my fellow slaiyer, coloured silver, cool and strong,
But hope you're not expecting me to wait around for long,

[Chorus]

Banana, banana, this poo poo is bananas [x4]

[Chorus]

(Banana, banana, this poo poo is bananas) [x2]
Rouge, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up?
Knuckles, I'm telling you I wasn't hosed up,
Blaze, are you telling me you wanna hook up?
Silver, I'm telling you you gotta sack up

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

JazzFlight posted:

Not to break up the latest comic posts (because holy crap this comic is getting even more amazing at this point), but...

Enjoy!

I really had to withheld myself from joining in

it's amazing, thank you :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Stottie Kyek posted:

I did a sort of R&B song for all the romance in the series. Again, apologies for the lovely mic and mixing:

You are a national treasure! My word!

How long have you been playing Blues?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

JazzFlight posted:

Enjoy!

Good lord that is amazing! I love the song and the video just works perfectly for it. Found myself staring into thoughs eyes and singing along to the end.

Calico Heart posted:

You are a national treasure! My word!

How long have you been playing Blues?

Thanks man! Been learning piano for 17 years but I still only play at like a grade 5-6 standard, mostly 'cause while I took lessons for a long time when I was a kid, these days I just like dicking around with it rather than doing formal exams. I usually played a mix of classical and jazz stuff at lessons, now I play a bunch of assorted crap, like sheet music off the Internet, or working out my favourite rock songs by ear or from the chords and singing along.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 30, 2012

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

71 pages and this thread just doesn't let up. Keep up the great work, everyone! Rob rockin the Fus-ro-dah, Elmer becomming a cross of Duke Nukem and Bruce Campbell. The music, the fan-art, all the great lines and avatars, this is quite possibly an early contender for thread of the year.

Edit: come to think of it, I can not remember a thread ever being this consistantly entertaining for this many pages. We still got at least 2 chapters to go, too!

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Man, the comic is awesome, the fanart is awesome, the songs and lyrics are awesome and now we even have an awesome music video. Excellent work, everyone.

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
You know what else doesn't have any loving ears?

Dragons.

Lazerbot continues to blow minds and warm hearts.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I love this thread, I love this comic and I sure as gently caress love you lazerbot, you are a beacon of light in a dark world.

I salute you good sir :patriot:.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Oh my god, I love everything about this.

I can't believe I'm saying this but sometime between the last 20-30 updates this comic has become legitimately good :psyduck:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Guys, Elmer is the only one still wearing his mask, and his words seem awfully...trollish.

I think he might join the trolls, guys.

PassionTentacle
Aug 22, 2010

I will never play Skyrim again with a character that isn't Rob the No-Eared Nord.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

Thanks man! Been learning piano for 17 years but I still only play at like a grade 5-6 standard, mostly 'cause while I took lessons for a long time when I was a kid, these days I just like dicking around with it rather than doing formal exams. I usually played a mix of classical and jazz stuff at lessons, now I play a bunch of assorted crap, like sheet music off the Internet, or working out my favourite rock songs by ear or from the chords and singing along.

Wow, it's actually really impressive you're able to maintain grade 5-6 standard if you're just playing for fun - even moreso if you figure out songs by ear. I knew loads of people who played when they were kids, took long musical breaks and then realised it was all gone. I guess it's not really like iding a bike.

I never had any music lessons myself, so I find it particularly difficult to identify notes and chords by ear, and appreciate how hard it can be.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Maruna posted:

I will never play Skyrim again with a character that isn't Rob the No-Eared Nord.

Someone needs to make a mod that lets you reply to any conversation with "WHAT? I'VE GOT NO loving EARS!"

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Stottie Kyek posted:

Lyrics:

So are you telling me you wasn't hosed up in any way when you had sex with me?
Rouge, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up in any way when you got next to me?
So are you telling me you wasn't hosed up when I was tripping so heavily?
Girl, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up when you got dirty with that monkey?

Take that stupid mask off, boy, I wanna see your face,
You know I know you want me boy, and now's the time and place
Silver, boy, you got me down and don't return my calls,
Come on and tell me how you feel, it's time you grew some balls,

[Chorus]

Let's go where we will neverbe found, away from Elmer Fudd,
I don't need his shotgun 'cause your spike is what I want,
You're my fellow slaiyer, coloured silver, cool and strong,
But hope you're not expecting me to wait around for long,

[Chorus]

Banana, banana, this poo poo is bananas [x4]

[Chorus]

(Banana, banana, this poo poo is bananas) [x2]
Rouge, are you telling me you wasn't hosed up?
Knuckles, I'm telling you I wasn't hosed up,
Blaze, are you telling me you wanna hook up?
Silver, I'm telling you you gotta sack up

Dude, you need an album.

Yeah, this comic has permanently ruined (enhanced?) Elmer Fudd for me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Slime posted:

Guys, Elmer is the only one still wearing his mask, and his words seem awfully...trollish.

I think he might join the trolls, guys.

It wouldn't surprise me if the real Elmer is dead in a ditch and this one is an impostor.

PassionTentacle
Aug 22, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the real Elmer is dead in a ditch and this one is an impostor.

The Elmer Fudd we've known for the past 70 years was the imposter. This one is the true king, risen again.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

As I was reading the new page I had literally thought to myself "holy poo poo, he's Dragonborn" before even scrolling down and seeing Emo Troll say it himself. This is amazing.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I think Lazerbot has stopped playing online games and is now transforming in to a master storyteller. The anger at Internet trolls has gone, and it has been replaced with pop culture references and some instances of genuine humor.

For a while I've suspected that he initially made the first chapter as a standalone thing, but calmed down and just went "you know what? I liked that" and ran with it. I'm really absolutely amazed by the way this has all turned out and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lazerbot has a lot of latent talent as a storyteller.

Real talk, if people start loving with him because of the ED article about the comic I'll be genuinely upset. He doesn't deserve it, man.

PassionTentacle
Aug 22, 2010

nerdbot posted:

As I was reading the new page I had literally thought to myself "holy poo poo, he's Dragonborn" before even scrolling down and seeing Emo Troll say it himself. This is amazing.

For a while I've suspected that he initially made the first chapter as a standalone thing, but calmed down and just went "you know what? I liked that" and ran with it. I'm really absolutely amazed by the way this has all turned out and I'm really glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lazerbot has a lot of latent talent as a storyteller.

Real talk, if people start loving with him because of the ED article about the comic I'll be genuinely upset. He doesn't deserve it, man.

No doubt. I re-read the entire comic last night with a friend, and I was in disbelief. After a certain point, it becomes increasingly clear that he's not entirely making poo poo up as he goes along. He has a plan. He might have even outlined the entire story. There's instances of foreshadowing and thematic repetition.

Maybe the story is a little rough as is, but we've already seen him improve in his art and storytelling in the six chapters we've seen. If he keeps it up, he's going t be a FORCE.

EDIT: Crud, it's been front paged on ED? If we don't ruin this comic, the traffic from there will for sure.

PassionTentacle fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 30, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
But ED doesn't gently caress people up for no reason, right? iirc they didn't dogpile on ullillia because he wasn't being a dick to anyone, I don't think lazerbot will be a victim.

@Jazzflight: Will there be a song for chapter 2 of Tails Gets Trolled?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This comic just keeps on giving and I love it. All of you doing audio and video, keep it up, the effort behind these things is astounding. It times like this I had some semblance of an art skill. Despite the comic being drawn MSPaint style, I feel like I'd be doing it an injustice with whatever I come up with.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Okay, so I'm thinking track listing for "poo poo, We Failed" as:

Tails Gets Trolled - Jazzflight
High Shovel - Stottie Kyek
Ladies Get Trolled - Calico Heart
Troll Off - Crunk Abortion (If he's still up for it)
If You Don't Have Ears - That Guy with No Ears
Wasn't hosed Up - Stottie Kyek
Dreaming of Trolls/Tails Gets Trolled Reprise - Calico Heart

I think that's everyone so far. If you'd like to join (or write another song) just say so, I'd love to get as many people as possible on board this thang.

It might also be nice if we had a big collaborative song at the end. An "Ode to Lazerbot" if you will. In my mind it starts by sounding like a crowd of people at a party, then someone tapping a glass with a spoon, laughing and saying saying "Okay, everyone, we've had a geat time today, but before we finish up there's someone I'd like to thank..."

StealthArcher posted:

Mic sucks horribly, but it's something.

It's not working for me. If you wanna upload again we'll try and find you a slot on the album.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 30, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Maruna posted:

EDIT: Crud, it'a been front paged on ED? If we don't ruin this comic, the traffic from there will for sure.

Oh god, I didn't even know. The page has been around for a week or two with nothing.

I've been lurking around his Deviantart for a while and I haven't really seen anybody try and gently caress with him yet. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

They do state in the article, however, that we are laughing at lazerbot instead of with him. Maybe when the thread first started we were, but I think it's safe to say we are genuinely entertained by this comic at this point. The ED article comes across as incredibly mean-spirited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else think Elmer is being foreshadowed to turn into a troll? He's going to deep into his disguise, a method acting sort of thing, and all the troll boss has to do is appeal to his troll side for betraying his friends and bam, Twoll Fudd.