Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jon Joe posted:

Anyone else think Elmer is being foreshadowed to turn into a troll? He's going to deep into his disguise, a method acting sort of thing, and all the troll boss has to do is appeal to his troll side for betraying his friends and bam, Twoll Fudd.

I think it's fairly obvious, I mean, he's still wearing his troll mask!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Not to break up the latest comic posts (because holy crap this comic is getting even more amazing at this point), but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RePSdwjOz5c
I'm presenting the debut of my "Tails Gets Trolled" music video!

Enjoy!

I showed this to lazerbot. He loves it.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Calico Heart posted:

Okay, so I'm thinking track listing for "poo poo, We Failed" as:

Tails Gets Trolled - Jazzflight
High Shovel - Stottie Kyek
Ladies Get Trolled - Calico Heart
Troll Off - Crunk Abortion (If he's still up for it)
If You Don't Have Ears - That Guy with No Ears
Wasn't hosed Up - Stottie Kyek
Dreaming of Trolls/Tails Gets Trolled Reprise - Calico Heart

I think that's everyone so far. If you'd like to join (or write another song) just say so, I'd love to get as many people as possible on board this thang.

It might also be nice if we had a big collaborative song at the end. An "Ode to Lazerbot" if you will. In my mind it starts by sounding like a crowd of people at a party, then someone tapping a glass with a spoon, laughing and saying saying "Okay, everyone, we've had a geat time today, but before we finish up there's someone I'd like to thank..."

It's not working for me. If you wanna upload again we'll try and find you a slot on the album.

I'm down for being the introduction guy on that last track. I don't play any instruments or otherwise I'd do a song, and I want to be involved somehow.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The Fucky posted:

I'm down for being the introduction guy on that last track. I don't play any instruments or otherwise I'd do a song, and I want to be involved somehow.

I think if we're going for that we might want general chatter too. So maybe people could upload voice samples of conversations about Tails Gets Trolled for background chatter. IE "Man, can you believe Mario was a turncoat?" "I know! It just makes Bug's and Daffy's fate more tragic. Couldn't have seen that coming" "Sorry, can you speak up? I don't have loving ears"

Btw, big Deadly Premonition fan myself. Sweary said they're working on a "spiritual successor"

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

I think if we're going for that we might want general chatter too. So maybe people could upload voice samples of conversations about Tails Gets Trolled for background chatter. IE "Man, can you believe Mario was a turncoat?" "I know! It just makes Bug's and Daffy's fate more tragic. Couldn't have seen that coming" "Sorry, can you speak up? I don't have loving ears"

Btw, big Deadly Premonition fan myself. Sweary said they're working on a "spiritual successor"

That's a great idea. If we could get everyone in the thread to record a few lines of dialogue a cocktail party atmosphere shouldn't be hard to achieve.

And yeah, Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games for the same reason this comic is great. It starts off bad, but charmingly so, and before you realize it you've stopped enjoying it ironically because even though it's rough around the edges it's genuinely pretty good.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Good lord, this turned from kind of an ironic "This is so bad it's hilarious" liking to a legitimate enjoyment of this. Lazerbot you have converted me, keep making more!

smashthedean
Jul 10, 2006

Don't let dogs get any part of fish.
Is there a way to make your character earless in Skyrim? This is seriously making me want to go back and play more of that game. If there isn't an earless mod yet, a goon needs to get on that ASAP.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Give me a week, Calico. I'm trying to come up with a progression for this album now.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Can we have the cocktail party song end with everyone chatting with the music playing, then someone saying "Yeah well I got two dicks and four balls what do you have to say to that?" and everyone going awkwardly silent? Because that would make my life.

NTT posted:

Give me a week, Calico. I'm trying to come up with a progression for this album now.

Sure thing buddy.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Slime posted:

Someone needs to make a mod that lets you reply to any conversation with "WHAT? I'VE GOT NO loving EARS!"

Or, anything someone has said in this comic.

Mo Tzu posted:

I disagree, I think lazerbot has a grand tapestry in his head. Like a good storyteller he appreciates our appreciation, and he might add in some things to make us happy, but for the most part this is his story.

Seriously if it's still great after this long, his awareness of us clearly isn't a problem. I do hope ED stays restrained though.

those fu<-
<-king
c***unts,

James Trickington fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 30, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Dragonborn Rob is the best possible thing that could ever have happened. Lazerbot is the best. :allears:

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Another page!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

I'm actually flipping my poo poo. Please, please, please, please, please let Silver get out of this alive.

I think someone is definately not long for this world. Whether it be Silver, Rob or Emo Troll I'm not sure. If it's Emo Troll he'll be the first of the Big Bads to die.

And finally, can someone tell me what Silver's plan actually WAS?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Silver raises a valid point. There are no female trolls, I wonder if there is a legitimate reason for that in this.

Calico Heart posted:

And finally, can someone tell me what Silver's plan actually WAS?

To come up with a plan after he figured out what was up with the trolls?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Calico Heart posted:

Can we have the cocktail party song end with everyone chatting with the music playing, then someone saying "Yeah well I got two dicks and four balls what do you have to say to that?" and everyone going awkwardly silent? Because that would make my life.

Sure thing buddy.

Oh god, this needs to take place. If you like I can do a crashing discordant note on the piano as it's said?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Oh god I hope Elmer makes it out okay :ohdear:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dammit, Silver, drink a freakin mana pot, you looser!

:ohdear:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Rob clearly has something up his sleeve going by that death glare he's giving emo troll. Just be patient.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
March 2012: the words "Silver the Hedgehog is awesome" are first spoken.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

Silver raises a valid point. There are no female trolls, I wonder if there is a legitimate reason for that in this.

They reproduce asexually through division, like amoebas.

Also, remember way back at the beginning, when Sonic killed that one troll and his buddy was like "No, why did you kill him? I love him!" All the trolls are secretly just self-hating gay people.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Every time I come read this thread that chorus from the "Tails gets trolled" song gets stuck in my head.

Tails gets troooolled...
Tails gets troooolled...
Tails gets trooooolled...
gently caress you trooooolls

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

This comic, nay, this entire thread, is beautiful.

CarpiliusCoralinus posted:

I don't think any of us saw that coming.

Pretty sure it's clear by now that anyone who says they could tell what direction this webcomic was going to go from the very first page is a drat liar.

Midboss posted:

You know what else doesn't have any loving ears?

Dragons.

Welp. Now I have a fanart idea.

But if dragons not having loving ears is a plot point... how do you think Lazerbot classifies Yoshi?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Yoshi lives in Dinosaur Land, man. Yoshi's a dinosaur.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Damnit Silver you need blue buff!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is...is the trollface mask Silver's wearing looking at him? Oh god.

Zotwoz
Apr 2, 2011

vyelkin posted:

They reproduce asexually through division, like amoebas.

Also, remember way back at the beginning, when Sonic killed that one troll and his buddy was like "No, why did you kill him? I love him!" All the trolls are secretly just self-hating gay people.

The trolls are obviously all hermaphrodites. Calling people fags is just part of their mating ritual, they're just horribly misunderstood :(

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I can't believe a work of fiction in which Silver the Hedgehog is actually cool exists.

I hope Elmer doesn't go rogue. Show Emo Troll your 2nd cock, Elmer! It's time!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Can someone tell me what ED is? Did a quick google for it and didn't come up with anything applicable.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Rather Dashing posted:

Can someone tell me what ED is? Did a quick google for it and didn't come up with anything applicable.

Guessing Encyclopedia Dramatica. That or erectile dysfunction. Kind of a tossup.

edit: now with more link.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

I'm fairly certain this is an wonderful idea.

Silver :ohdear:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

Oh god, this needs to take place. If you like I can do a crashing discordant note on the piano as it's said?

I thought about that, but I actually think it's a much funnier idea if the reaction is just complete and total confusion. In my mind there's a blues string going on on a piano, and afte the phrase is said the riff just sort of slowing trails off, with the notes being further and further apart.

Of course if that doesn't work, we can always try the piano equivalent of a record-scratch

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Rob the Earless being Dragonborn is awesome. To sperg out a bit, since the whole Shouts mechanic of Skyrim is essentially a verbal brawl, Rob the Earless is like that guy who plugs his ears and yells until the other guy gives up. He's unbeatable in a debate because he can't loving hear.

iamchillout
Feb 28, 2012
Oh goodness...

I can't just sit idly by anymore. Been reading this thread for a while and I JUST. CAN'T. STOP.

Revealing Rob to be dragonborn just lifted my spirits to heights I could not have imagined. Frickin' BRILLIANT. Also, it ties together why he's deaf/lacking ears: learning the Way of the Voice

GOOD GAWD how I want to see the emo troll get her/his comeuppance (I don't remember, was the gender clarified?) Yet I also would be delighted to see the emo troll come out with other twists or even a personal backstory... Omigod I am actually imagining it.

Go, lazerbot, GO! (<--speedracer style)

edit: I can't reply fast enough this poo poo is golden

Don lluvia
Mar 27, 2010
This comic is just too beautiful. There is simply no way for me to express the joy and tension I feel whenever a new page comes out, and it has made me care about terrible characters from a game series I never really liked. If it was up to me, Lazerbot would be enshrined among the other titans of literature.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

iamchillout posted:

GOOD GAWD how I want to see the emo troll get her/his comeuppance (I don't remember, was the gender clarified?)

Silver said that there aren't any girls in among the trolls.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Emo troll is my favorite troll, just because his delivery is so passive agressive, so I hope he doesn't die just yet. It would be nice for the "good guys" to have a victory for once though.

Metal Gear Biscuit
Aug 29, 2005

Metal Gear Biscuit (n.) - A Bipedal mecha shaped like a biscuit.

FrenchToasty posted:

Rob clearly has something up his sleeve going by that death glare he's giving emo troll. Just be patient.

He looks more concerned than anything.

My guess is that Blaze will finish off emo-troll.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
I can't believe how excited I am about this comic
:supaburn:
or how so many people can be as excited as me

Lazerbot, you truly are a divine gift to mankind. Thank you so much

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm a little disappointed that Lazerbot missed the perfect opportunity to have Silver say "It's no use."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Silver's running out of mana? When the gently caress did this turn into an RPG?