Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Rape Jake. posted:

This thread is Lady Catelyn now?
Khhhrssch ghhhsssglak ssshhhrrrk!

//oww poo poo what a terrible way to start a new page. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dendra
May 3, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

Only the crows and Gurm won.

Even Viconia, god of the bad thread fell

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And Norris apparently went to Skaggos because there was no more plot.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dendra posted:

Even Viconia, god of the bad thread fell

This isn't Malazan, gods don't just die here. She'll return someday, with a new account. This comet-related prophecy says so!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
'...they will meet famous characters such as Jeor Mormont, the master of spiders Varys, or Cersei Lannister.'  

http://gameofthrones-rpg.com/index.php?rub=story

The master of spiders, how exciting! Good to see that Cyanide are at least big fans of the series.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Jakabite posted:

'...they will meet famous characters such as Jeor Mormont, the master of spiders Varys, or Cersei Lannister.'  

http://gameofthrones-rpg.com/index.php?rub=story

The master of spiders, how exciting! Good to see that Cyanide are at least big fans of the series.

Can't wait for Varys to use his magic powers to cast spells such as spiderball, wall of spiders, spider's charisma and detect spiders (lawful).

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Comrade Question posted:

Can't wait for Varys to use his magic powers to cast spells such as spiderball, wall of spiders, spider's charisma and detect spiders (lawful).
I hope Varys has unlocked the shapeshifter ability in the series and has gained master level in it. It would be cool to see him transform into corrupted spider and web some darkspawn. :v:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Jakabite posted:

the master of spiders Varys

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I actually believe that Varys has magical powers though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Octy posted:

So did we win or lose?

Storms come and go, the big threads eat the little threads, and we keep on posting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

rodbeard posted:

I actually believe that Varys has magical powers though.

He shoots webbing from his gash.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So hey, I just reread Dance again, nobody actually believes that this is the real Aegon, right? It's obvious that Varys and Illyrio just found a Blackfyre bastard of a bastard who looked like the kid and gave him to Jon Connington to raise? I mean they emphasize the lineage of Golden Company so much that I can't see it being anything else.

I bet he's actually Maelys the Monstrous's twin brother who survived the war of Ninepenny Kings.
I expect this to be revealed in yet another Dragon roast moment.

Anyone else like the fact that the dragons are actually developing distinct personalities too? I love how the two just started loving around in Mereen as soon as they were released with no intention of leaving until their mommy comes and gets them. :allears:

too bad she's busy making GBS threads herself in the Dothraki sea

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 30, 2012

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

DarkCrawler posted:

Anyone else like the fact that the dragons are actually developing distinct personalities too? I love how the two just started loving around in Mereen as soon as they were released with no intention of leaving until their mommy comes and gets them. :allears:

I can honestly say that there is not a single thing about the last two half-books that I "love".

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DarkCrawler posted:

I bet he's actually Maelys the Monstrous's twin brother who survived the war of Ninepenny Kings.
I expect this to be revealed in yet another Dragon roast moment.
My wild insane "SECRET TARG EVERYWHERE" speculation is that he could be Maelys' nephew or grandson. Maelys the Monstrous was the last male Blackfire but that doesn't mean he didn't have any surviving sisters or daughters. It would explain why that maegi cut his balls for a Blood Magic ritual since the blood of kings is more potent.

Also note that Varys told Tyrion that he was born a slave in Lys in CoK. Illyrio told Tyrion in ADwD that the love of his life was a Lysene pillowhouse worker, Serra. Aegon Targaryen is could be Illyrio's son and Varys' nephew.

Bizob
Dec 18, 2004

Tiger out of nowhere!
Awww, c'mon internet. Some jerkoff spoiled the Red Wedding for the Otaku Assemble / "they killed my nigga Ned" guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4dVpckgDs4

Watching him flip out was the highlight of Season 1, why deny us all the pleasure of his reaction to Storm of Swords? Thats what he gets for enjoying something on the internet, I guess.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Are we really starting a "Secretly-not-Targ" thing?

Bizob posted:

Awww, c'mon internet. Some jerkoff spoiled the Red Wedding for the Otaku Assemble / "they killed my nigga Ned" guy.

He is waiting till HBO "finishes" the series before he reads the books. :psyduck:
At what point is the series finished? When gurm croaks?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 30, 2012

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

Bizob posted:

Watching him flip out was the highlight of Season 1, why deny us all the pleasure of his reaction to Storm of Swords? Thats what he gets for enjoying something on the internet, I guess.

That's a shame, but at least he's trying to make the best of it. I'm surprised it took so long, though.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I love how the main characters for that RPG are a skinchanger and a red priest who eventually can use fire magic. :allears:

Fog Tripper posted:

I can honestly say that there is not a single thing about the last two half-books that I "love".

Not even Frey pies?

el_brio
Feb 17, 2012
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-problems-with-living-in-game-thrones-universe/

Lame comedy piece about AGOT but some of the comments are funny.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Bizob posted:

This was last year? Because I'm pretty sure I spoiled poo poo there

Oh and I have no recollection of the first, I don't know, three quarters of clash of kings outside of shadow babby. So the show is going to be fresh for me.

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 30, 2012

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Fog Tripper posted:

I read the 1st 3 books again after finishing 4 & 5 and I was honestly taken aback by how swiftly the characters moved from one point to the next. I don't think I'll ever read the last 2 again.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

el_brio posted:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-problems-with-living-in-game-thrones-universe/

Lame comedy piece about AGOT but some of the comments are funny.

It wasn't funny (much like mostly everything on cracked) but the top of page two really nails it: "The Blonde Woman Who Leads the Badass Dothraki Is Boring and Terrible"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

He is waiting till HBO "finishes" the series before he reads the books. :psyduck:
At what point is the series finished? When gurm croaks?

Nah, HBO knows how the series is going to end, The Gurm told them.

In fact, it's probably be better for them if he died, since there's no way he'll finish the series before they catch up, and they're probably not allowed to act on his notes unless he's dead.

Maybe they'll order a hit if they get up to there.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has anyone seen a (relatively) good drawing of the tree guy that recruits Bran? I could not really picture him when I read that part.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/magazine/peter-dinklage-was-smart-to-say-no.html

Peter Dinklage has apparently only read the first book. Looks like he'll be in for a wild ride over the next couple seasons. I hope he's ok with the way Martin handles the jousting dwarves...

Dendra
May 3, 2009
I'm sure he'll go through with it anyway, he's not the sort of person to fall short of what's expected

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Dendra posted:

I'm sure he'll go through with it anyway, he's not the sort of person to fall short of what's expected

Even if he did care about the plot or where his character is going I'm sure those concerns are dwarfed by the paycheck.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dendra posted:

Will he do his own stunts, though?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I just can't wait until he finds out that Tyrion's big performance in the entirely of 2000 pages is to ride a loving pig whilst people throw coins at him. Yeah, that will really feel dignified no matter how many layers of irony and "the whole point is..." you throw on top of it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
he gets the only dwarf role ever that includes a lot of tit grabbing and simulated sex across 2.5 seasons at least. That's a price I'd pay gladly.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I just can't wait until he finds out that Tyrion's big performance in the entirely of 2000 pages is to ride a loving pig whilst people throw coins at him. Yeah, that will really feel dignified no matter how many layers of irony and "the whole point is..." you throw on top of it.

Hey, he somersaults down the stairs of a whorehouse too!

Ross
May 25, 2001

German Moses
Is Book 6 out yet?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Ross posted:

Is Book 6 out yet?

Yep, nothing happens though don't worry.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

As long as it ends with him no longer drinking then telling Penny she is a dumb bitch and joining the Second Sons, i don't loving care. Also i want a scene where you see the slaves eating some pig&dog meal.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Your puns suck.

That cracked.com article lists Bronn as dedicated and dependable and lumps him in with those other dudes. Guessing the author didn't really pay attention.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

IRQ posted:

Even if he did care about the plot or where his character is going I'm sure those concerns are dwarfed by the paycheck.

^no such thing as a bad pun

Ha ha "dwarfed"

I don't remember CoK outside of shadow vagina, battle of the blackwater, and maybe the sack of winterfell so itll be fresh for me too, please no spoilers thanks in advance

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

With ~~*Daaario*~~~ you can't tell where CoK ends and shadow vagina begins.

And nothing is more ripe for awful puns than ASOIAF.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Maytag posted:

Your puns suck.

That cracked.com article lists Bronn as dedicated and dependable and lumps him in with those other dudes. Guessing the author didn't really pay attention.

Bronn is pretty dedicated and dependable so long as gold and power is involved.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I just realized how poo poo season 2 will be.

Vagina ninja...

Arya kills a dude from a castle wall...

Blackwater.

Literally nothing happens unless you're a big fan of Dany doing nothing or Tyrion pushing pencils.

This season will suck shitass balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Well the first season was pretty bland so of course.

I'm sure Tyrion pushing paper for episodes on end will have plenty of sexposition though.

Honestly the most entertaining thing about the show is watching TVIV have multiple meltdowns every day.