Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You gotta get a mic and yell at 'em sometimes. Usually a quick "Hey dudes there's guys in that alley" or "wow a Mr. X maybe we should run away!" helps. I find that most people are quick to take me up on my "Hey I'm infected, shoot me in the head" requests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does the surveillance class have some protection skill I'm not aware off?

Because I was just in a match with some pubbies where 2 of us unloaded nearly 5 clips between all of us to a party girl and she didn't die.

Edit: And the 2nd match was the laggiest loving thing on the entire planet, this is awful.
And now my game froze after I quit. :ughh:

Double edit: Just had a bug where I couldn't die.

I had people unloading on me at all times and I could not loving die, even a super soldier with a mob special just unloaded on me and nothing.

Least I got the 10 kill streak thing out of the way. :stare:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 28, 2012

Rupture Farms
Aug 19, 2004

Just a rittle plick

Alteisen posted:

Edit: And the 2nd match was the laggiest loving thing on the entire planet, this is awful.
And now my game froze after I quit. :ughh:

Double edit: Just had a bug where I couldn't die.

Okay, so it's not just me. I've been getting a poo poo connection all evening as well. Also there's a bug where sometimes you'll be near a wall and then suddenly you're grabbed by an invisible zombie. It's happened to me twice during intense firefights.

Also Heroes mode is a blast, but people need to learn that that teamwork/sticking together is paramount. Not scatter all over the map and Rambo the whole match. I usually end up shadowing a random player.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Rupture Farms posted:

Okay, so it's not just me. I've been getting a poo poo connection all evening as well. Also there's a bug where sometimes you'll be near a wall and then suddenly you're grabbed by an invisible zombie. It's happened to me twice during intense firefights.

Also Heroes mode is a blast, but people need to learn that that teamwork/sticking together is paramount. Not scatter all over the map and Rambo the whole match. I usually end up shadowing a random player.

I caught on to that aspect pretty fast. (Sticking together) and my first respawn is usually as medic just so I can quickly run a first aid back to my remaining heroes.

But loving hell heroes have a ton of health. How in the world am I suppose to get the trophy for eliminating all 4 heroes? :confused:

e: Blood Drive is confusing

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 28, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Glad it wasn't just me with the poo poo connections then.

Some guy accused me of hacking and said he got it on a capture card, I seriously hope I don't get banned because of a stupid glitch.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Something I've noticed in heroes mode, when playing as Carlos. His sticky bomb if attached to a hero is actually an instant kill. Hard to hit sometimes but funny when I have someone trying to get into my face with a shotgun and suddenly their face has a new accessory.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Beat the campaign on professional with 2 people. Having Spectre is pretty much essential, there are some areas that are just a nightmare to attempt to actually do, so being able to force cinematics by running ahead while cloaked is great. The ending is also much, much easier depending on which choice you pick.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Just picked this up used (Oh hai cheap special edition with codes in tact).
toss me an invite to the goontag (as im at work) @ Ashekaban

I will probably suck but if you want to help a newbie, im willing to play, Be on in approx 8 hours.

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Ill be on tonight, with no distractions so Im ready for some zombie killing!

Im trying to use Vector more, but I feel like his skills are pretty meh.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thefullmetal999 posted:

Ill be on tonight, with no distractions so Im ready for some zombie killing!

Im trying to use Vector more, but I feel like his skills are pretty meh.

For me, my main reason to pick Vector is his run speed bonus. I can reach the G Virus sample in Biohazard first, and also have a slightly easier time of getting it back home.

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!
So I found it incredibly Easy to murder people if you tackle someone then just spam the melee until you can execute them. I got 15 brutal kills in one life as Assault, poo poo was ridiculous.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jzmisgoo posted:

So I found it incredibly Easy to murder people if you tackle someone then just spam the melee until you can execute them. I got 15 brutal kills in one life as Assault, poo poo was ridiculous.

Yeah once you get locked into a melee stunlock it's really hard to get out, particularly because it usually leads to execution immediately.

However if they don't execute you immediately, I found a last ditch effort to fall out of the stunlock is to mash the dive button in another direction. I was playing Heroes mode, and both Leon/Jill were trying to melee kill me since I was alone. I ended up dolphin diving all over the place for at least a solid 60 seconds. They even gave up half way through and started shooting me, but I guess their aim was awful.

I still died, but I was laughing like a maniac at how long I was still surviving and wasting their time. When there's zombies around to distract though, it could just save your life. Also you can shoot while you dive.

Rupture Farms
Aug 19, 2004

Just a rittle plick

Revitalized posted:

However if they don't execute you immediately, I found a last ditch effort to fall out of the stunlock is to mash the dive button in another direction.

I'll need to remember that. Luckily none of the pubbies I've played with have figured out the melee executions, they just spam cqc all over the place.

Also I inadvertently griefed my team today when I didn't calculate the trajectory of my pheromone nade properly. So many Crimson Heads. :ohdear:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rupture Farms posted:

I'll need to remember that. Luckily none of the pubbies I've played with have figured out the melee executions, they just spam cqc all over the place.

Also I inadvertently griefed my team today when I didn't calculate the trajectory of my pheromone nade properly. So many Crimson Heads. :ohdear:

I've only had very few opportunities to do it though, so I don't know how often it succeeds. Also it's really hard to aim/shoot while you're diving.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I just wiggle my thumb between Circle and X really fast when doing CQC and I always get the brutal kill.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I have no idea how the PSN works so Ill just say Im down as Pantlessman, or even Dycz. Which ever shows up.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage
So I got this game and started playing yesterday focusing on unlocking stuff for Four Eyes for now. Her passives are pretty useless in multi (what is the point of her thermal vision anyway?) and I know goons say her Induced Infection is awesome but I have taken to using her Program infected more often.

It seems like 8/10 times in a match you'll get two to three hunters spawning. Nothing is more fun in team attack or survivor then having your Hunters leap at your enemies knocking them down as you unload clips into them and get free kills are they madly run for the helicopter.

I've only seen one Tyrant spawn which was the Mr X and to my delight surprisingly few lickers (I hate lickers).

When the enemy glows white is that Super Soldier? Does that mean they are invisible? At first I thought so but it lasts so long now I'm second guessing myself.

Rupture Farms
Aug 19, 2004

Just a rittle plick
Just chiming in for a solution to that double Tyrant battle. There's a Flamethrower in a case in the street in front of City Hall. GRAB IT! Between a constant stream of Flame and the AI team taking the brunt of it, that whole ordeal lasted literally 5 minutes. So if you're going for a better mission time bonus, this will help considerably.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SolidRed posted:

So I got this game and started playing yesterday focusing on unlocking stuff for Four Eyes for now. Her passives are pretty useless in multi (what is the point of her thermal vision anyway?)

Thermal Vision is mildly useful against lickers since it can tell when they're faking dead. Also, maybe it's just me, but having it on seems to increase accuracy against everything.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well this game goes right to the trade pile, I simply cannot play the PvP at all, its just a complete lag fest for me, I have about a 3 second delay on every single one of my actions, healing, getting more ammo, taking a g virus back, EVERYTHING.

And its not my connection because I just played Gears 3 with 0 issues, its this game, the campaign and co-op is fine but I'm not gonna be playing that forever, if I can't enjoy the main selling point of your title then I have absolutely no reason to keep this POS, gently caress Capcom and gently caress Slant Six.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SolidRed posted:

So I got this game and started playing yesterday focusing on unlocking stuff for Four Eyes for now. Her passives are pretty useless in multi (what is the point of her thermal vision anyway?) and I know goons say her Induced Infection is awesome but I have taken to using her Program infected more often.

It seems like 8/10 times in a match you'll get two to three hunters spawning. Nothing is more fun in team attack or survivor then having your Hunters leap at your enemies knocking them down as you unload clips into them and get free kills are they madly run for the helicopter.

I've only seen one Tyrant spawn which was the Mr X and to my delight surprisingly few lickers (I hate lickers).

When the enemy glows white is that Super Soldier? Does that mean they are invisible? At first I thought so but it lasts so long now I'm second guessing myself.

When they glow white, that is Super Soldier. They become invulnerable from like 5 sources of damage, but for the most part that might as well be fully invincible. If there's enough poo poo going on and he's taking hits from every single direction it could hurt him pretty bad.

How long does your program infected last? The description just makes it sound not that good, but seeing that Hunters keep loving with people in line for the helicopter on Survivor, it might be worthwhile for me to just control a Hunter for that segment. Their knockdown is always loving annoying because they somehow always choose the worst time to knock you down.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I had my best game online after the G-Virus couldn't get picked up earlier today.

I used Beltway and I have found that many people will happily walk over mines and just not care. I must have gotten 10-15 kills that way alone by standing around a corner and watching them walk over it.

If they survived by a fluke then the Cowboy Shotgun could take them out in two hits max. I started out really liking Beltway, found his abilities not to be too great, but have fallen in love once again. I'll probably level up the passive stuff next so that I can take on explosives with no problems at all.

Unfortunately the online connectivity has been worse than ever. I keep having to sign out to avoid a hardlock on my PS3 and I have to be driving my friends list batty by now. :(

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

Revitalized posted:

When they glow white, that is Super Soldier. They become invulnerable from like 5 sources of damage, but for the most part that might as well be fully invincible. If there's enough poo poo going on and he's taking hits from every single direction it could hurt him pretty bad.

How long does your program infected last? The description just makes it sound not that good, but seeing that Hunters keep loving with people in line for the helicopter on Survivor, it might be worthwhile for me to just control a Hunter for that segment. Their knockdown is always loving annoying because they somehow always choose the worst time to knock you down.

I only have level two but with three shots I've never really had any issues with it running out. I think it's like 30 seconds at level two?
I like it because not only do you get a pet you can tell to attack other players but it also stops you getting attacked giving you enough time to run to the helicopter.

Generally if a hunter level BOW or higher comes at me I'll take control of it then just continue on my way and if I bump into another player I'll quickly order it to attack and just shoot it as normal, after the ability breaks the hunter doesn't charge at you or anything just goes wild near where ever it was released.

I haven't played much having just got the game yesterday but it's pretty fun. I'm sure the other ability is better for killing people online.

So how the hell do you deal with Super Soldier? It makes her immune to 5 different types of damage.. so even if I use my pistol, primary gun, and all grenade types I can't damage them. How long does the tool tip say the ability lasts?

Connection wise I've had no issues in Australia. Matchmaking has also been really quick which is a plus after games like Assassin Creed Brotherhood which had you wait like 15 minutes to find a match.

SolidRed fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 29, 2012

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Policenaut posted:

I just wiggle my thumb between Circle and X really fast when doing CQC and I always get the brutal kill.

Fun Fact: You can just hold the melee button to do a different Brutal kill where you put the guy on their knees and you can shoot them in the face. It's extremely funny when you do it in a zombie free place and just sit there for a few seconds before pulling the trigger.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jzmisgoo posted:

Fun Fact: You can just hold the melee button to do a different Brutal kill where you put the guy on their knees and you can shoot them in the face. It's extremely funny when you do it in a zombie free place and just sit there for a few seconds before pulling the trigger.

It's probably even more hilarious if he was already hurt and then after a few seconds, you kill with a punch to the face.

Rupture Farms
Aug 19, 2004

Just a rittle plick

SolidRed posted:

Connection wise I've had no issues in Australia. Matchmaking has also been really quick which is a plus after games like Assassin Creed Brotherhood which had you wait like 15 minutes to find a match.

Day 1 purchase the connection for me was just fine, then about 3 days later it started getting really sketch. Today has been okay aside from some long matchmaking times. Whoever networked this thing needs a boot in the rear end. Hopefully we'll get a patch.

And is anyone else using that Mob Special for their regular loadout? I don't care about the other SMGS & Rifles anymore. I loving love this gun.

As for Mines, I like laying them in bends like alleyways & hallways. Nobody ever looks. :c00lbert:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Awww yeah Mob Special gun down fools with Super Soldier and it every round.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The more and more I play, the more I hate the versus mode. There are some serious balance issues that need to be addressed.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

SolidRed posted:

Really? I just had my first versus match and it was absolutely awful, so bad that I switched games rather then try again. I'm going to co-op the campaign with friends and wanted to pass the time with multiplayer while I waited for them :(.

Are you searching for games by yourself or with a party? Maybe I'll have better luck when my friends have the game or by waiting for nighttime when America is asleep.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got a smooth match.

And we where spawn camped to death excessively. :suicide:

Edit: Sweet jesus pubbies are just a step below worthless in this game, I got a sample, got all the way to the area, got killed by someone camping there and my team allowed them to take it all the way back. :ughh:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 29, 2012

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Awww yeah Mob Special gun down fools with Super Soldier and it every round.

Do you just let the auto aim lock on for you, or do you aim downwards? I feel like the Mob Special takes way longer to kill than it feels it should, even up close. I still use the Juggernaut normally.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Now that I can actually kill people I can see just how broken this multi really is.

Super soldier is retarded.
Shotguns knocking you down is immensely stupid.
Spawn camping is way to simple.
People strafing left and right will most likely kill you as it makes the reticle go all out of wack and the auto aim tries to keep up.

It also hardlocked my console, twice. How can any company publish a game this broken and be happy blows my mind, I don't know what the tolerance of people for lovely broken multiplayer is but mine is pretty much at its end.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Revitalized posted:

Do you just let the auto aim lock on for you, or do you aim downwards? I feel like the Mob Special takes way longer to kill than it feels it should, even up close. I still use the Juggernaut normally.

A mix of manual aiming and rapid-locking. ORC is like many third person shooters with auto-aim assist in that you can mash the aim button to force the game to keep the crosshairs on your target. So if my target doesn't stand their ground and do the whole strafing deal, I can mash R2 a lot to keep them in sight. If not, then I just manually aim at them.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Anyone want to finish up the campaign on Vet/Professional?

GT: IneffiableFx
I'll likely be on all night (and may switch to AC:V for a short while)

edit: god why is the matchmaking for campaign horrible poo poo? Is there literally not that many people looking to help campaign?

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 29, 2012

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gameplay tip: Knocked down by Shotgun fire, shoulder charges or Hunters? Rapidly press A on X360 (X on PS3) to get up faster!

I don't think that was documented anywhere.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Its not, but I noticed it when I was playing through single player, I just wasn't sure.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Me and another goon are finishing a Professional run, anyone want to join us?

GT: Slayer15977

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Well what the gently caress yo? They couldn't have put that ANYWHERE in the game?

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
The No Hope Left site that lead to the Resident Evil 6 trailer has been updated twice: http://www.nohopeleft.com/

If you ask me, it's hinting at a government conspiracy having something to do with Racoon City, since the public should already know Umbrella was responsible for it and the President shouldn't have anything to announce.

Honestly, I'm actually curious at what totally crazy retcons and twists they'll put into RE6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Gonna be unavailable for a few days. Account was compromised and the Microsoft Points I was saving for upcoming DLC were stolen. Account's on lockdown until Microsoft tracks the dipshit down and refunds my points.