Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
How does the guy with no ears learn shouts when he can't hear them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

kalonZombie posted:

Silver's running out of mana? When the gently caress did this turn into an RPG?

Well in '06 he did have that little energy bar that fueled his powers, but all he has to do to refill that is just stand still for 5 seconds, so I dunno.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

curiousTerminal posted:

He doesn't need to hear it, all he needs to do is kill some dragons and look at some runes.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

curiousTerminal posted:

He's dragonborn. Don't question the Dovahkiin.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Not to derail but gently caress that ED article because I love Lazerbots stuff and I am certainly laughing WITH him not at him. I can only imagine how awesome he must really be, so I hope no one tries to troll him because of that article. So if you're still reading this thread Lazerbot I think most of the people here will agree that we genuinely like your stuff. Let the haters hate.

Also, JazzFlight I just want you to know that I start my mornings with your song now. It makes for a really good start to the day. I'm super excited about this album you goons are making!

Goobish fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 30, 2012

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
He can speak clearly, so he knows how to pronounce written English. Maybe he's got a phonetic pronunciation guide to dragon language or something?

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
I think we all know who taught Rob the dragon language.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

This comic is loving going places.

Wait, is that from is DeviantArt gallery? I don't see spyro anywhere on it :(

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Giggily posted:

This comic is loving going places.

Wait, is that from is DeviantArt gallery? I don't see spyro anywhere on it :(

It's from the page that lists all of Pacman's Defenders.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

FrenchToasty posted:

It's from the page that lists all of Pacman's Defenders.

God I must have completely missed Spyro in it. I think just seeing a Hanna-Barbera character blew my mind and I blanked out on everything else.

EDIT: Okay I think I've just completely misremembered that entire panel at this point.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 30, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

curiousTerminal posted:

Wait, does Rob look like this guy?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
i dont get why trolls aren't the ones being trolled? there the bigest looser's

you know nothing!! about us

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Today at work, I started writing a song/poem from Daffy's perspective about why he was totally okay with dying. I think this thread officially ate my soul.

... I'll keep working on it on Monday, of course. I have to at least figure out a chorus.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Based on that expression on Silver's face, I'm hoping the next panel is going to be "what the gently caress are you talking about this i=>snt a game"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I don't know what to spend my free time doing now I've finished Hitmen for Destiny. I loving lost it when it was revealed Jyrme was puppeteering everything. That guy really ended up being the star of the show for me.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
There are females, the Trollking had his "trollface" son with his wife ! Does no one here remember the lore ?!

:goonsay:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

I don't know what to spend my free time doing now I've finished Hitmen for Destiny. I loving lost it when it was revealed Jyrme was puppeteering everything. That guy really ended up being the star of the show for me.

You could go to his author page and read The Accidental Space Spy, it's ongoing so don't read too fast, but well worth it.

Edit: Link

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 31, 2012

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Wait, does Rob look like this guy?

Zatoichi was blind not deaf.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yes, and a deaf guy who learned Dragon Shouts would be the same as a blind guy who learns sword fighting.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The MSJ posted:

Yes, and a deaf guy who learned Dragon Shouts would be the same as a blind guy who learns sword fighting.

Except in game you actually learn them from reading them, not hearing.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I would think that the back story to The Guy With No Ears is that once upon a time he did have them, and being Dovahkiin over the years he learned more dragon language, etc. He was taught to use his powers sparingly and wisely, but went against it and at one point shouted so hard he blew off his own ear drums. So he cut off his ears to remember and humble himself.

(That would explain how he knows how to speak English fluently in the first place)

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm actually thinking Rob learned English from a "The Miracle Worker" type experience. Yes Rob. Water.

do you feel me
Jan 5, 2012
Whatever his power emo troll should finish his attack by placing a cigarette in the unconscious opponents mouth, light it up, and walk away with a witty catchphrase like "smoking is for losers" somebody go on deviantart and tell him to do this.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Rob was originally just literally a guy with no ears with no special powers, but Lazerbot says in the comments on the page where Rob's powers are revealed that he only was made to be Dragonborn because his little brother thought it would be cool. :3:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

do you feel me posted:

Whatever his power emo troll should finish his attack by placing a cigarette in the unconscious opponents mouth, light it up, and walk away with a witty catchphrase like "smoking is for loosers" somebody go on deviantart and tell him to do this.

Fixed that for you. If your going to suggest something, do it the right way!

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Bonaventure posted:

Yoshi lives in Dinosaur Land, man. Yoshi's a dinosaur.

Forgive the :spergin: but there are dolphins in Dinosaur Land as well as those goofy purple dragon guys. And Mario, duh. And it's not like living on Deer Island makes you a deer.

Midboss posted:

I think we all know who taught Rob the dragon language.

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot Spyro was involved in all this... (Erase, erase, erase, redraw, redraw, redraw...)

do you feel me posted:

Whatever his power emo troll should finish his attack by placing a cigarette in filter-side out the unconscious opponents mouth, light it up, and walk away with a witty catchphrase like "smoking is for loosers" somebody go on deviantart and tell him to do this.

Might as well go for broke.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 31, 2012

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He wasn't even blind in that one.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.
I feel bad that even after all this publicity, Lazerbot still writes like the other 12 year olds I used to play Ultima Online and Quake with when I was a kid:

ahahah u fcukin human being noob
im gunna take ur poo poo
Corp Por

While this is funny, it also kinda shows the guy has a hard time moving past certain phases in his life, especially if he's now 20 years old. I know this has been covered before, but he clearly has some type of mental problem. I'd like to believe he's being ironic and funny on purpose, but too often the dialogue among his characters descends back to irrational hate / rage against people who pick on him in real life.

So I just hope he can handle his newfound Internet popularity without really cracking (if he couldn't take a few haters in his life before, wait until he realizes he's going viral...not everybody on the Internet is as kind and loving as SomethingAwful GBS goons).

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think the fact that we still haven't resolved his age just adds to the appeal of this comic, though, come on -- he's probably not actually 20 and if you go pages back you can find the link to his youtube channel where he indeed appears to be an adolescent.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

Some Other Guy posted:

I think the fact that we still haven't resolved his age just adds to the appeal of this comic, though, come on -- he's probably not actually 20 and if you go pages back you can find the link to his youtube channel where he indeed appears to be an adolescent.

I got the impression that somehow he was verified to be 20, or something.

If he really is 11 or 12, then nevermind... In that case Lazerbot is my hero.

I used to pencil sketch comics like this when I was that age, my dialogue was better, but there's no way i could match his surrealistic insanity.

I still haven't figured out why Elmer Fudd is allegedly a corpse eating cannibal, for instance.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Rencall posted:

I still haven't figured out why Elmer Fudd is allegedly a corpse eating cannibal, for instance.

Since when is a hunter who eats duck and wabbit a cannibal?

Also, you have to remember that up until this point, trying to kill Bugs was Fudd's entire existence. Dude's having a crisis right now.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nilbop posted:

He wasn't even blind in that one.

No, he was. That comment he makes to that one dude is to stymie him by looking into his weird, hosed-up eyes.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Daffy died knowing that Fudd never beat him. A pyrrhic victory, but a victory nonetheless.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FrenchToasty posted:

Also, you have to remember that up until this point, trying to kill Bugs was Fudd's entire existence. Dude's having a crisis right now.

I think the argument is that since Bugs and Daffy were clearly conscious beings capable of abstract thought, communication, and love, that another similar being eating them would be like cannibalism even though they may not be the exact same species. I'm not sure if it holds up, but I'm pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

vyelkin posted:

I think the argument is that since Bugs and Daffy were clearly conscious beings capable of abstract thought, communication, and love, that another similar being eating them would be like cannibalism even though they may not be the exact same species. I'm not sure if it holds up, but I'm pretty sure that's the rationale behind it.

That really doesn't hold up because animals eat other animals that are just as smart as them all the time and it's not defined as cannibalism.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

There's a picture of Lazerbot on Deviantart, there's no way he's 12. I don't really wanna post it here but dig it up. It's on the ED page, too.

It really all adds up to seem like Lazerbot is 100% honest about his age and persona. It's a little weird imagining a guy my age could write this, but the comic's amazing regardless of how old he is and generally Lazerbot seems like a pretty chill dude. I mean, yeah, he's got his issues with TROLLS but I mean, he's made fun of himself for drawing Emo Troll's cigarette backwards after we pointed it out, as well as the window Silver jumped out of, so I really can't imagine him to be this guy with huge anger problems who can't take criticism and literally wants to Murder All Trolls. He seems pretty dedicated to his comic but he's got a sense of humor about it.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I suppose this could be used for Sonic (post "poo poo I failed")
I can't sing though.

Troll or Hero (to the melody of Man or Muppet)

I need to learn how to keep my cool
But those trolls treat me like a fool
And say my girl has a tool
They hurt
me so bad

Am I a troll
or am I a hero
(Am I a hero)
If I'm a hero
then I'm a very trollish hero
(Very trolly hero)
Am I a hero?
(hero)
Or am I a troll?
(Am I a troll)
If I'm a troll that makes me a hero of a troll
(A hero of a troll)

When I lose my chill
Their blood is gonna spill
I don't wanna become a troll
But my girl ain't got a pole

Am I a troll
Or am I a hero?
(Am I a hero)
If I'm a hero

well I'm a very trolly hero
(Very trolly hero)
Am I a hero
(hero)
Or am I a troll?
(Am I a troll)
If I'm a troll that makes me a hero of a troll
(A hero of a troll)

poo poo I failed again
If I kill trolls am I just like them?
I'm so mad I'll gently caress my girlfriend
so I won't be so angry

I'm a troll

I'm a hero
gently caress!

I'm a hero of a troll

I'm a very trolly hero

I'm a hero-y troll!

gently caress you Shadow

Rencall
May 30, 2006

FrenchToasty posted:

Is anybody else inspired to watch a realistic gritty version of the Warner Brothers universe but drawn in the same type of animation? Maybe throw in some weird crossovers for fun.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Rencall posted:

Is anybody else inspired to watch a realistic gritty version of the Warner Brothers universe but drawn in the same type of animation? Maybe throw in some weird crossovers for fun.

I believe all children's shows should be given the Battlestar Galactica gritty reboot treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Young Freud posted:

No, he was. That comment he makes to that one dude is to stymie him by looking into his weird, hosed-up eyes.

At the end doesn't he open his eyes and be all "Welp job's done might as well walk out of town WHOOPS I tripped on a rock, even with my eyes open I guess I can't see everything!"