Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

nerdbot posted:

It's a little weird imagining a guy my age could write this, but the comic's amazing regardless of how old he is and generally Lazerbot seems like a pretty chill dude. I mean, yeah, he's got his issues with TROLLS but I mean, he's made fun of himself for drawing Emo Troll's cigarette backwards after we pointed it out, as well as the window Silver jumped out of, so I really can't imagine him to be this guy with huge anger problems who can't take criticism and literally wants to Murder All Trolls. He seems pretty dedicated to his comic but he's got a sense of humor about it.

Yeah, the really remarkable thing to me about TGT (and apologies if I've mentioned this in the thread before, but I can't remember doing so) is that it's basically had the opposite development arc of Sonichu, the work to which it seems most often to be compared. While Sonichu went from kind of trying to have a plot to eventually having Chris-chan exposit over the gory murder of his real-world enemies, TGT started with the uncomfortable "um, lazerbot, having problems at school?" violent wish-fulfillment but has since developed a plot that is always reasonable and often compelling. (Indeed, as several others have mentioned, TGT actually suggests that the wish-fulfillment violence was the wrong answer, since Shadow's campaign has led to pretty much nothing but the deaths of his friends and allies.) Top it off by the fact that lazerbot seems to be a pretty reasonable dude with a sense of humor about himself, and I think this is honestly just a fun comic project for him and one that should be encouraged. At least, it doesn't give me that queasy "I am watching a human train wreck unfold in real time" feeling that later issues of Sonichu did, so that's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This comic made me look up the Sonic wiki to find out what Blaze's power is. Amazing.

She is as fast as Sonic and also pyrokinetic. I hope lazerbot make her waste some trolls in the next page.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Nilbop posted:

At the end doesn't he open his eyes and be all "Welp job's done might as well walk out of town WHOOPS I tripped on a rock, even with my eyes open I guess I can't see everything!"

I always thought that was just a joke, but apparently Wikipedia kinda confirms this interpretation. I guess it makes sense with all the twists and deviations from tropes that the film takes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Antivehicular posted:

(Indeed, as several others have mentioned, TGT actually suggests that the wish-fulfillment violence was the wrong answer, since Shadow's campaign has led to pretty much nothing but the deaths of his friends and allies.)

This was brought up just two pages ago when Silver mentioned that he won't abandon a comrade "like shadow."

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
edit: oops wrong page

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Schwarzwald posted:

This was brought up just two pages ago when Silver mentioned that he won't abandon a comrade "like shadow."

Look Shadow is like the cop that plays by his own rules and the police chief (who is obviously played by Big the Cat with a big bushy mustache) will call him into the office and say something like "You've caused major damage and most of your team is dead, but damnit Shadow you get results! Now get out of my office before I change my mind and write you up"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

This took literal hours. I cannot believe how long I dedicated to this, but by God, it was worth it.

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 31, 2012

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
You know who I really hope ends up in this? Matt and Pat, the 2 Best Friends Play guys.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Nilbop posted:

You know who I really hope ends up in this? Matt and Pat, the 2 Best Friends Play guys.

For a moment I thought you meant these guys.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Nilbop posted:

oh my god I would just die

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Nilbop posted:

Why would you possibly want this to happen.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, the really remarkable thing to me about TGT (and apologies if I've mentioned this in the thread before, but I can't remember doing so) is that it's basically had the opposite development arc of Sonichu, the work to which it seems most often to be compared. While Sonichu went from kind of trying to have a plot to eventually having Chris-chan exposit over the gory murder of his real-world enemies, TGT started with the uncomfortable "um, lazerbot, having problems at school?" violent wish-fulfillment but has since developed a plot that is always reasonable and often compelling. (Indeed, as several others have mentioned, TGT actually suggests that the wish-fulfillment violence was the wrong answer, since Shadow's campaign has led to pretty much nothing but the deaths of his friends and allies.) Top it off by the fact that lazerbot seems to be a pretty reasonable dude with a sense of humor about himself, and I think this is honestly just a fun comic project for him and one that should be encouraged. At least, it doesn't give me that queasy "I am watching a human train wreck unfold in real time" feeling that later issues of Sonichu did, so that's something.

Yeah, at this point Sonichu comparisons are lazy as hell regardless of how you feel about the quality of the comic. Chris-chan is a broken human being whose half assed comic reflected that and was only humorous (even in the so bad it's good way) in relationship to him in most cases. Lazerbot seems like a weird but pretty cool dude, who even if your here only to laugh at how bad the comic is, has soon a genuine and earnest attempts at humor. The joke might be on him, but I'm not laughing at him like ED said...I'm laughing with him because of it. This comic might be a giantic failure, but it's an extremely charming one that's more clever and heart felt then it looks at first glance.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 31, 2012

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Satanos posted:

Why would you possibly want this to happen.

Their design already fits!

ZuljinRaynor posted:

For a moment I thought you meant these guys.

Meanwhile these things fill me with a quiet dread I can't quite explain.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

lazerbot posted:

well at the rate this comic is going im gonna have a lot more the 10 chapters ^^

Halleluja!

May this comic never end!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Everyone a few pages back who was saying they were sure this comic was nearing the end have no concept of proper story pacing. Lazerbot does. I'm glad my faith in Lazerbot will be vindicated.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Calico Heart posted:

It might also be nice if we had a big collaborative song at the end. An "Ode to Lazerbot" if you will. In my mind it starts by sounding like a crowd of people at a party, then someone tapping a glass with a spoon, laughing and saying saying "Okay, everyone, we've had a geat time today, but before we finish up there's someone I'd like to thank..."

This must be done Friggin' in the riggin style.

Zotwoz
Apr 2, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

This comic might be a giantic failure

So how do you feel about being a terrible person, and also wrong

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Bonaventure posted:

Everyone a few pages back who was saying they were sure this comic was nearing the end have no concept of proper story pacing. Lazerbot does. I'm glad my faith in Lazerbot will be vindicated.

I worry about how much stuff he's going to add. With too many subplots he would either have to jump around constantly or ignore subplots for long periods of time. Sliver's team hadn't appeared in a three chapter stretch already. If he's going to add more subplots, he needs to merge some together.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
You guys worry too much. So what if some characters don't appear for a while? It just makes their comeback much better. The reveal of Rob's dragon powers wouldn't be as epic if he was around constantly in the previous chapters.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There is a really easy way to solve character subplots, you kill said characters.:getin:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Zotwoz posted:

So how do you feel about being a terrible person, and also wrong

Hey, I said a few pages back I unironically love this comic (while thinking it's so bad it's good as well as genuinely good at the same time too)! I'm just saying no matter how you frame this, Lazerbot isn't anything like Chris-chan.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 31, 2012

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
New page!

*I think this one is the last edit he made.

total agreement fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 31, 2012

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

total agreement posted:

You guys worry too much. So what if some characters don't appear for a while? It just makes their comeback much better. The reveal of Rob's dragon powers wouldn't be as epic if he was around constantly in the previous chapters.

When characters disappear for a while I ask "What were they doing? Where were they?" The problem can be solved easily by dedicating a few panels or a page to them. I'm not saying they should be around constantly, I'm saying they should be given reminders they exist. Also I do care about this comic way too much.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There is a really easy way to solve character subplots, you kill said characters.:getin:

I guess we could use another Charge of the Light Brigade.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Cechmanek posted:

When characters disappear for a while I ask "What were they doing? Where were they?" The problem can be solved easily by dedicating a few panels or a page to them. I'm not saying they should be around constantly, I'm saying they should be given reminders they exist. Also I do care about this comic way too much.

They're at the water park

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
It's a smoke scream!

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
peace bitches

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

When I saw the troll king I actually said "Oh no" aloud

Also I LOVE how the gang where just relying on Elmer having smoke bomb bullets.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I like how Elmer pretty much embodies that mask.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Sleekly posted:

You could go to his author page and read The Accidental Space Spy, it's ongoing so don't read too fast, but well worth it.

Edit: Link

A bit late, but man if this guy taught himself better writing skills he could make some absolutely fantastic stuff. Where does he come up with this poo poo?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I look forward to the return-to-form film that Tarantino will make based on this webcomic.

'Smoke scream' needs to become a weapon in every FPS.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

Kikka posted:

A bit late, but man if this guy taught himself better writing skills he could make some absolutely fantastic stuff. Where does he come up with this poo poo?

There is nothing wrong with this man's writing.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Kikka posted:

From the muses.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

"Fire and Blood...

...and No loving Ears!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trevor Hale posted:

From the muses.

I was thinking of starting a thread to just talk about this poo poo. But this guy has an unbelievable ability to not only think up crazy poo poo, but to wrangle the most out of any set piece. Like, sometimes its like something out of Raiders of the Lost Ark. He's clever. loving really clever.

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

Oh, wow.

Vector 7 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 31, 2012

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
"peace bitches" is amazing, would make a great av for someone.

PassionTentacle
Aug 22, 2010

I was scared for a second when Troll King showed up, but like Emo Troll said, they're not out of the Fire yet. I don't think all of Team Silver will make it back to Bugs' Hole alive.

I also love the fact Elmer has smoke bullets. I hope he has an Arsenal of shotgun shells with special abilities.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Maruna posted:

I was scared for a second when Troll King showed up, but like Emo Troll said, they're not out of the Fire yet. I don't think all of Team Silver will make it back to Bugs' Hole alive.

I also love the fact Elmer has smoke bullets. I hope he has an Arsenal of shotgun shells with special abilities.

Twist: Elmer Fudd is actually Mega Man.

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

"there over here!!"

There's poetry in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
So he's wearing an Elmer mask under the troll mask?
That's brilliant. It also explains why he didn't eat the rotting corpses of Bugs and Daffy, because it would have blown his cover.