Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I think this will hit the target, I'm praying it does. Even if they can get to 2million with 2-3 days to go, there'll be a final surge to get it over the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
$1.8 million. :toot:

We can do this.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
Yeah, I think kickstarters all tend to have a final surge and that DFA's had one wasn't a fluke. Plenty of people want to contribute and prepurchase their copy of the game now but are unsure of what their money situation will be when the project ends and the money is taken. I know it's possible to pledge money and then retract it at any time but that's just what people do. Heck, I'm in the same boat. I'll be there on the day before it ends, pledging my $15 (or $65 if I can stretch to pay for the big box and cloth map + shipping).

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Hakkesshu posted:

This whole all-star team consisting of the people who made Fallout and Planescape Torment working together to make an old-school RPG without any publisher interference is almost too good to be true. Something that happens once a generation. It's the PC equivalent of Chrono Trigger.

Not to jynx it, but when Sakaguchi, Toriyama, and Uematsu got back together for the first time since Chrono Trigger, the result was Blue Dragon.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

RagingBoner posted:

Data seems to show that it is new people, as the average donation has actually gone down from a few days ago:

Also, the donation amount spiked again during the night:

(red finger tells you where to look you dummy)

So apparently word is spreading... again.

Predicting a final big spike the day after, with slowdown for a week or so until people scrounge up the cash they've been unable/unwilling to gather so far. And of course a Last Day Pledge spike. Should be enough to hit 2.1

Zaii
Nov 6, 2005

Check it out, I downloaded a little dance!
So, I'm getting married later this year, and I really couldn't afford $115 for the premium edition and shipping...

But on the other hand, I couldn't afford NOT to pledge $115. Thinking back to the amount of time I spent with the Fallout series, it's gunna be worth every single penny.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
At the rate it's advancing there's no need to be worried about not making the target. Since the announcement yesterday it's gone up by around 150k. At that rate it could be done in two days.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil

evilmiera posted:

Predicting a final big spike the day after, with slowdown for a week or so until people scrounge up the cash they've been unable/unwilling to gather so far. And of course a Last Day Pledge spike. Should be enough to hit 2.1

If things immediately snap back to a "normal) (read: non-Obsidian influenced) pattern, this project will crack 2.1 million around noon on the 7th, 10 days before the finale.

It's basically guaranteed at this point Obsidian will be on board when we are all said and done.

Edit: Hey you

Category Fun! posted:

At the rate it's advancing there's no need to be worried about not making the target. Since the announcement yesterday it's gone up by around 150k. At that rate it could be done in two days.

Split the difference between our predictions; the truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

signalnoise posted:

Not to jynx it, but when Sakaguchi, Toriyama, and Uematsu got back together for the first time since Chrono Trigger, the result was Blue Dragon.

Which was a lot of fun and full of character :colbert:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Which was a lot of fun and full of character :colbert:

I suppose that's fair given this whole thread is a testament to diff'rent strokes being for diff'rent folks

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

signalnoise posted:

I suppose that's fair given this whole thread is a testament to diff'rent strokes being for diff'rent folks

Nah, I see your point. A lot of greatness working together doesn't automatically mean that the work itself will blow people away.

But I think we can be pretty sure it will be fun, though.

RagingBoner
Jan 10, 2006

Real Wood Pencil
See look, I'm not lying (the green arch is my prediction based on previous activity):

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
That's some god damned beautiful :spergin: there friend. God bless.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Well, having never played the original wasteland but loving fallout and playing through torment right now I thought I'd throw in 50$ eventually. But with obsidian entering the picture I instantly threw in 100$.

This rocks.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

More people should be willing to spend 150 for an unsigned poster

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Obsidian is a cool draw. Upped my contribution to $50.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Obsidian is a cool draw. Upped my contribution to $50.

Especially since they are in a world of poo poo right now.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This is an awesome incentive. I really hope they can hit the 2.1M goal. Jammed up $75+15 thanks to their paypal thingamajig.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Pledged $15. I'm frustrated with lots of video game trends like Free-to-play, persistent RPG elements in multiplayer games, and the overall consistent simplification of games.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

signalnoise posted:

I had no problem with that game other than the boss music sounding like a Deep Purple cover band and Maromaru doesn't get killed and replaced with something less annoying as soon as you meet him. The class and skill mechanics were a nice change of pace and the game's graphics and art, especially for an early 360 game, was drat good.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
I think it's a mistake to expect The Best Game Ever, or the best parts of everyone's favorite projects combined, when it comes to these type of Kickstarter projects.

People are just funding a new game. Part of the fun will be seeing how well the game succeeds at its goals, the decisions the developers made, etc.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

signalnoise posted:

At least one of these people is monstrously overrated thanks to his massive frothing fanbase. Have a guess which one it is, you might be surprised!

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

signalnoise posted:

Wasn't Toriyama there for art, Uematsu there for composing, and Sakaguchi there for scenario/lyrics? I would say the overall quality wouldn't necessarily reflect its pedigree.

RagingBoner posted:

See look, I'm not lying (the green arch is my prediction based on previous activity):

Am I a horrible person for wishing that line was drawn in MSPaint with "Screw metrics, we're getting Avellone" underneath?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Merry Magpie posted:

Wasn't Toriyama there for art, Uematsu there for composing, and Sakaguchi there for scenario/lyrics? I would say the overall quality wouldn't necessarily reflect its pedigree.

Am I a horrible person for wishing that line was drawn in MSPaint with "Screw metrics, we're getting Avellone" underneath?

Or needs a floating Avellone head to make the graph more interesting.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

adamarama posted:

I think this will hit the target, I'm praying it does. Even if they can get to 2million with 2-3 days to go, there'll be a final surge to get it over the edge.

It will be 1 dollar short of the goal needed to give Oblivion work.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

I had no problem with that game other than the boss music sounding like a Deep Purple cover band and Maromaru doesn't get killed and replaced with something less annoying as soon as you meet him. The class and skill mechanics were a nice change of pace and the game's graphics and art, especially for an early 360 game, was drat good.
I never actually played it, but the reason the boss music sounds like Deep Purple is that Ian Gillan (frontman of Deep Purple) is the one singing it.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Deep Purple or anything, but I still think that's pretty cool.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

emoticon posted:

It will be 1 dollar short of the goal needed to give Oblivion work.

Kickstarter should have some sort of "battle" option, where donating to one project subtracts that amount from another (and forwards the minus to some charity).

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

etalian posted:

A sad Avellone head that gets happier as the total increases.

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
I'll be upping my donation $50 more when I get the opportunity. This is pretty much the best thing that could happen to the project.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RagingBoner posted:

Also, the donation amount spiked again during the night:

(red finger tells you where to look you dummy)

So apparently word is spreading... again.

Might just be eastern europe waking up.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
:negative: Jesus, I thought the entire point of them making a brand new franchise with AP was that it'd be something they could own for themselves, rather than having to keep make licensed software? What happened, how did SEGA manage to get their paws on the AP property?

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

etalian posted:

On another note, the chart has found its way to the front page of NMA.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Pledged 15 dollars because I can't really afford much more than that. Also I haven't gotten throw fallout or fallout 2 or planescape so I can't on good faith say I'll enjoy this game. But I do love obsidian very very much.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I've never played an isometric RPG before, but I loved Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas and am looking forward to the South Park RPG. Convince me that my $15 will be well-spent.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Threw down 15 because Obsidian owns and I'm a poor broke rear end college grad.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Urdnot Fire posted:

I've never played an isometric RPG before, but I loved Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas and am looking forward to the South Park RPG. Convince me that my $15 will be well-spent.

There. I've convinced you. In other news, I threw my $15 in after the announcement. I've liked almost every Interplay/Black Isle game so far so I don't know why I wouldn't like W2.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 31, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Threw down $50 :tipshat:

SMP
May 5, 2009

Found some spare cash, upped my pledge to $50. It'll be the first physical game release I've bought in a while :tipshat:.

You can thank Obsidian for my $50, inXile

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Rebel Blob posted:

On another note, the chart has found its way to the front page of NMA.

This is either the best thing (since they're lunatics who'll drop shitloads of money) or the worst thing (since they're lunatics).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MadJackMcJack posted:

This is either the best thing (since they're lunatics who'll drop shitloads of money) or the worst thing (since they're lunatics).

? They've been reporting about Obsidian helping since the news broke. What's the graph got to do with anything?

• Locked thread