Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

If there's anything worth mentioning it wouldn't be prudent of me to reveal it before Discotek announces it themselves.

Ah. I understand..."wink"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a Youtube video for the 3DS Virtual Console raw episode with Donkey Kong 94.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0ySBGmpGw

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzt6-eMT2s

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

joek0 posted:

Here is a Youtube video for the 3DS Virtual Console raw episode with Donkey Kong 94.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T0ySBGmpGw

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzt6-eMT2s

I think this is the first time I've seen Arino with make up.

I feel weird for noticing that.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Is he using the Kid Icarus stand in that video or is that part of their capture unit? I can't really tell.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Drakkel posted:

Is he using the Kid Icarus stand in that video or is that part of their capture unit? I can't really tell.
I think it's either a custom made stand or part of the capture unit since it looks nothing like the Kid Icarus one (unless Japan got one that looks like that, which I doubt).

Manfrey
Sep 18, 2006

Frying high
Feering good

joek0 posted:

Awesome, one of my favorite games of all time (and one I thought they'd never do due to it being on GB)! Thanks for posting it.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I thought it was a stand at first too but no, those are the crazily thick wires the Nintendo 3DS capture unit uses, and they're being run through a hole in the table. If you google it you can find pics of the capture unit and the big box all the wires feed to.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As a heads up to anyone in Long Island, the I-Con SF convention that is happening this weekend has a Game Center CX panel happening tonight at 6:30. If you're going you might want to check it out.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sorry for he double post but this is important. Apparently there's another group of people out there who have decided to subtitle Game Center CX. Now this would be big enough news on its own since it would mean more episodes getting subtitled faster but they decided to take on the big dogs. They've subtitled the first hour of the Quest of Ki Live Challenge and their plan is to continue on through all of the live challenges.

Yes, they actually want to do nine hours of this:

I haven't watched it yet, it's still downloading for me. I'm interested in seeing how they do with it. Maybe once they've finished Ki they'll want to take a break with something more straightforward.

Anyway, their download link is http://www.wupload.com/file/2681852392/[

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Glad to see another dedicated team working on this show! With their help we can get every single episode translated, even the absurdly long live challenges!

I hope the recent birthday challenge is next.

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

The Sugoi Squad subtitle the music lyrics in the background, spelling out the Japanese in English letters. Why would they take on that extra work for nothing? And now we've got text on the screen for Abe talking (not pictured above), the background music lyrics, the subtitling credits, and the song title all on the screen at once.

That being said, more power to them for actually doing this, especially if they keep it going.

another great translating moment: "Supelunka! [Translator note: Japanese name for Spelunker]"
edit for screencap proof (Sugoi Squad did it like this to illustrate an already obvious pronunciation-related joke):

Enrico Dandolo fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 31, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Enrico Dandolo posted:

another great translating moment: "Supelunka! [Translator note: Japanese name for Spelunker]"

wha

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Their enthusiasm is awesome, but someone needs to mentor them to make sure that all their effort is used as efficiently as possible.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Somebody needs to tell them to check their bad anime fansubbing habits at the door. Next we'll get bouncing neon colored sing-a-long lyrics for songs and translators notes in every sentence.

If they won't, somebody can reverse engineer their efforts. On the one hand, it's great they want to sub something that isn't moe-blob bullshit. On the other hand, they probably shouldn't sub something that isn't moe-blob bullshit as if it were moe-blob bullshit.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Do they really have their translator message in the top left throughout the entire video?

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Do they really have their translator message in the top left throughout the entire video?

Yup. Also this episode is impossible to watch, as we were warned. I wouldn't mind seeing the side segments on their own, maybe I'll re-edit this video for when things happen.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:
Abunai! (Translator note: Japanese word for "Dangerous")

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I kinda hope this is a bad early April Fool's joke.

Sweet William
Aug 8, 2009

You wanted the best of the best, remember?

Should we sing about it again?

absolutely anything posted:

Speaking of April Fool's, I thought some of y'all might enjoy this.

Wait for it...

edit: However, be warned:

8-bit Quest Maps is our Beta Maps technology and has certain system requirements. Your system may not meet the minumum requirements for 8-bit computations.

Sweet William fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 31, 2012

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sweet William posted:

Wait for it...

That is neat. Dragon Quest theme never fails to bring a smile on my face. :3:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

absolutely anything posted:

This reeks of April Fool's.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Sweet William posted:

Wait for it...

edit: However, be warned:

8-bit Quest Maps is our Beta Maps technology and has certain system requirements. Your system may not meet the minumum requirements for 8-bit computations.
I've been messing with this on and off for the past few hours and it's pretty great. Unless another site pulls something even better, this is already the best April Fools thing done this year on the internet. I hope they keep it up after April Fools Day even though I kinda doubt they will.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I love that they went through the trouble of putting realistic modem lights on that Famicom cart. Google's April Fools ideas have gotten really good in recent years.

Sweet William
Aug 8, 2009

You wanted the best of the best, remember?

Should we sing about it again?

Obeast posted:

I hope they keep it up after April Fools Day even though I kinda doubt they will.

Didn't they keep the Pac-Man game up somewhere? I'll be bummed too if I can't access it later. Besides, they still need to implement multiplayer and I'm interested in what kinds of DLC might come down the pipeline.

Street view is in 8-bit too oh god my eyes.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Sweet William posted:

Didn't they keep the Pac-Man game up somewhere? I'll be bummed too if I can't access it later. Besides, they still need to implement multiplayer and I'm interested in what kinds of DLC might come down the pipeline.

Street view is in 8-bit too oh god my eyes.
Here's the Pac-Man Google page. You can even play it on an iPad using swipe controls.

Also, yes the Street View is really bad on the eyes. It's a cool idea, but the execution isn't great.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I watched the first minute of that Quest of Ki sub and found several glaring errors even in the opening narration, with entire sentences just made up out of nowhere with nothing to do with what's being said on screen. This is a terrible quality sub only made worse by the constant "watermark" in the upper left.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm going to guess that this is an April Fool's joke perpetrated by people from this very thread.

Keidrych
Feb 3, 2011

Thank god. Your precious SCOTTY DOGS are still here. You don't know what you'd do without them. You don't want to even think about it.
Those who do not recognize the superiority of the Sugoi Squad are truly O baka-chan-tachi.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Hokuto posted:

I watched the first minute of that Quest of Ki sub and found several glaring errors even in the opening narration, with entire sentences just made up out of nowhere with nothing to do with what's being said on screen.
Are we sure TV Nihon isn't behind this?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

I'm going to guess that this is an April Fool's joke perpetrated by people from this very thread.
The fact that this new group uses the same font for their subtitles is making me think the same thing... I hope it's a joke. :ohdear:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It's still March 31st. :argh:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It comes earlier every year.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

For a group called the Sugoi squad, they're not... very sugoi Translator's note: Sugoi is Japanese for 'sugoi'

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It is April 1st in Japan don't forget. I'm on the SAGCCX did it conspiracy bandwagon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yeah, those subtitles were pretty unbearable.

Anyway back to the SA Team, I hope you guys like games that were never released in the US because you're getting a lot of them...

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, those subtitles were pretty unbearable.

Anyway back to the SA Team, I hope you guys like games that were never released in the US because you're getting a lot of them...

I actually prefer those episodes. I love seeing the stuff I grew up on too, don't get me wrong, but I love seeing him play through all the weird stuff we never got to see even more.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Those are the best along with games that were changed for release outside of Japan (like the ninja game that became Yo! Noid! in the US). I can't wait to get a new GCCX fix. :)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
It's obviously a joke. First off, there's nothing online about this group at all. I just spent a few minutes doing a Google search, and this is the only thing this group has done. Secondly, the errors that they made seem like a parody of bad errors. For instance, there's one point where there's a line of dialog that's too long to appear in one subtitle, so the conclusion appears above the original subtitle. Then there's an incredibly long translator note during Abe's cooking segment. And then translating the song lyrics while getting all the rest wrong?

Bravo good people. Bravo.

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

Bravo good people. Bravo.

Gator: Oh no, an April Fool's Joke! I must save the thread!

*jogs 10 miles*

Huff, huff, they won't be on guard because it's not April Fool's in the western hemisphere yet! All those posters won't stand a chance! huff, huff

*parkour jumps over newspaper stand, starts sprinting*

Almost there... I hope to God I'm not too late!

*runs down the middle of the road, stunt slides under oncoming sixteen-wheeler, resumes running*

The video isn't subtle at all, but I know these people.... They are fools....

*runs into office building, gets on elevator*

Phew, any second now. Must warn them!

*elevator dings, Gator bursts through door to the GCCX thread offices*
IT'S OBVIOUSLY A JO-- oh, oh no! I was [like ten hours] too late! They're all goners, all dead! The fools... THE FOOLS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
AD Suruka