Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ChairmanMeow posted:

It might have been more manageable if he had fixed them. As a rule I always assume that PETA is lying, and this is political with the bill timimg. I do think he might have needed some help and limits though.

They were required to be fixed before the ranch would take them, the problem is people knew where the ranch was so they'd just come and dump them there.

Dumping is a huge problem for every shelter with a public location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

flyboi posted:

gently caress peta gently caress them so hard

but seriously that dude needed to chill out with the cat saving i mean i want to run a shelter some day and save cats myself but jfc 700 cats?

Once when I was in DC on vacation with the family we were walking by the mall and we saw a PETA van with someone unloading, and someone sitting in the back being a lazy gently caress.

On the way back we saw the person from the back of the van, turns out it was a mannequin.

Welp, that's my "gently caress peta" story.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

FISHMANPET posted:

Once when I was in DC on vacation with the family we were walking by the mall and we saw a PETA van with someone unloading, and someone sitting in the back being a lazy gently caress.

On the way back we saw the person from the back of the van, turns out it was a mannequin.

Welp, that's my "gently caress peta" story.

didn't they make a movie this in the 80s except the mannequin was a hot chick

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

z0ratio fartboner posted:

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

flyboi posted:

YES MORE human being CHARLIE

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

holy poo poo lol

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Dinkpostin

I would've supported a catte redistribution of some sort in this case, I guess.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I don't understand why they didn't just help him?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
ASPCA has to work under laws, and PETA played it like some horrible hell hole so they had to go by the book, although it's sad they didn't bother with an investigation before raping the place

Blinky13
Apr 24, 2008

The Fresh Prince posted:

I don't understand why they didn't just help him?

He's been offered help from various sources for years, including the University of Florida veterinary school. He would not accept any. The cats are at different local shelters, because it would have been impossible to treat them on site for many reasons.

edti: He's been on notice for a few years - wasn't totally instigated by the Peta film.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
even moreso they took some volunteers cats away too that weren't even on the actual property of the ranch just because "investigating"

poor woman moved down 2 weeks ago too god florida is full of shitholes

Tokin Ring
Jun 12, 2011

:dong:Teh boners:dong:
treat up a cat

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

treat up a cat

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

It seems like this story has many facets but regardless, gently caress PETA forever and ever in all ways

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

PipeRifle posted:

gently caress PETA forever and ever in all ways

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Wait so where's an article that says all the gross poo poo that was going on?

I don't disagree that it was probably disgusting, I'm just curious. It looked like initially Caboodle Ranch was a great idea, but it just got way out of control :(

Edit: And yeah, gently caress PETA. They have ads and poo poo on the city buses now.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
here's the one that links to peta's poo poo about them loving the world over
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/caboodle-ranchs-700-sick-_n_1316573.html

and here's caboodle ranch's side of the story
http://caboodleranch.livejournal.com/

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
oh here's the video peta put out
http://www.peta.org/features/caboodle-cat-ranch.aspx

you know most of it sure whatever, "sick hut" or whatever

but when she opened that fridge full of maggots all over the medication? :wtf:

also that video is not safe for anything, don't play that video if you don't enjoy watching depressing things and think about killing yourself

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
regardless i gotta reiterate my stance: gently caress PETA

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Regardless of what ended up taking place it's obvious he isn't some awful animal neglecter/abuser, and using his favorite catte that he was trying to nurse back to health to make an ad was loving low and intellectually dishonest. At worst you could say he started a project to help homeless cats that gotta out of control, partly because of him, and partly because of people dumping animals there.

You really can't be that surprised when PETA and the ASPCA use these kind of tactics though, it's what they've always done.

So, donated $20 his legal fund because gently caress them.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 1, 2012

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
oh and something ironic i found

http://www.negotiationisover.net/2012/03/16/nio-florida-supports-caboodle-ranch-against-the-peta-murder-machine/

read the comments - the PeTA 'infiltrator' was supposed to be keeping the sick den clean so really where does the blame lie? i mean 700 cats is a metric fuckton, ASPCA should've been like yo, you can have x cats, do this, clean this up, gently caress that, stop loving cats, etc but instead they went balls > wall

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i give a little money every month to the aspca, i've been thinking for a while of redirecting that elsewhere.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
they exist for a reason but what the gently caress happened to investigating and acknowledging a problem? is florida full of morons

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

PipeRifle posted:

It seems like this story has many facets but regardless, gently caress PETA forever and ever in all ways

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow
Hey olive how's it going

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

flyboi posted:

they exist for a reason but what the gently caress happened to investigating and acknowledging a problem? is florida full of morons

answering your own question there

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
aaaaaaand it all makes sense now. it looks like florida government is trying to push a bill - SB-818 through "no-kill" which would require all shelters to exhaust all means before killing off a pet, which for shelters peta run would cost $$$$

peta doesn't believe in TNR, they kill ferals and 85%ish of all animals that go through a peta shelter are killed

and from further googling the ranch claims that refrigerator wasn't used for cats at all who knows gently caress florida blow up zimmerman and peta with him please and thanks

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

wait how are they defining "all means"

are we talking kitty schaivo, here?

Blinky13
Apr 24, 2008
There's some non-Peta documentation here - http://caboodleranch.net/?page_id=4

I believe that site isn't connected to Peta, just regular rescue people. A number of people have complained about the place in the past. The fact that he doesn't adopt them out ever really is a red flag.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i barely GNU her! posted:

ahhahah

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

here medvedev's kitty greeting the obamas.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
http://caboodleranch.net/Documents/DrJulieLevy2009web.pdf

god drat this is just depressing on both ends

Blinky13
Apr 24, 2008

flyboi posted:

Yeah, there are a few free range shelters, but you have to keep the population fairly low, and need a full time crew to deal with it, it sounds like. He wasn't doing that.

On the bright side, this horrible thing influenced me to foster a crazy tortie that was rescued from a local hoarder (who also started out as a legit rescuer, but lost her poo poo at some point - 113 cats in a 1500 sf house). TORTIES ARE THE BEST.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

flyboi posted:

:smith:

hug an adopted catte every day

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Blinky13 posted:

Yeah, there are a few free range shelters, but you have to keep the population fairly low, and need a full time crew to deal with it, it sounds like. He wasn't doing that.

On the bright side, this horrible thing influenced me to foster a crazy tortie that was rescued from a local hoarder (who also started out as a legit rescuer, but lost her poo poo at some point - 113 cats in a 1500 sf house). TORTIES ARE THE BEST.

the crazier they are the more they love you

edit: torties, that is

Blinky13
Apr 24, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

the crazier they are the more they love you

edit: torties, that is

That's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum
Aug 13, 2003