Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Here's some footage from the Japanese KH3D premiere extravaganza they had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9CC-GbkLmM

Contains very little game footage. It's still kinda neat though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Lightning in KH3D?

It's fake. Pretty good one though.

[e]: Check the small print. :ssh:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 28, 2012

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Pesky Splinter posted:

Lightning in KH3D?

It's fake. Pretty good one though.

I think they confirmed that there are no Final Fantasy characters. Their role will be filled by the TWEWY cast.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I never had a problem with Terra, his playstyle was more or less the same as Sora's in KH1.

Ventus however, I had some problems with because he was fast but never did any good amounts of damage.

Haven't finished Aqua's arc so I can't say anything about her yet other than she's kind of squishy at first, but her Reflect Guard sure beats Block in the defense.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Colonel Pancreas posted:

I think they confirmed that there are no Final Fantasy characters. Their role will be filled by the TWEWY cast.

Despite never having played the majority of FF games, I know even less about TWEWY characters having never played that AND never having had it shoved down my throat by rabid fans :(

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Well then, you should go and buy TWEWY to rectify that problem immediately.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hah, the text in the box is even relevant. That's quite a convincing fake.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Well then, you should go and buy TWEWY to rectify that problem immediately.

I have been meaning to play it but I'm kind of put off by "steep learning curve" and "Japanese youth culture". Not that I'm going ban-all-animes or anything, but I just don't know anything about Japanese youth culture so most of it's going to go over my head :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I have been meaning to play it but I'm kind of put off by "steep learning curve" and "Japanese youth culture". Not that I'm going ban-all-animes or anything, but I just don't know anything about Japanese youth culture so most of it's going to go over my head :ohdear:

It doesn't reference things in a specific way, the Japanese youth culture just defines the general feel of the game. Nothing will go over your head, it's just a different and fairly unique video game setting.

As for the steep learning curve, you can succeed by being as adept (mastering controlling both characters well) or as blunt (just mash left and right for the partners and concentrate on controlling Neku) as you like, without too much trouble. As you get better you can adjust the level and enemy difficulty freely to match your skill. It's really not too bad at all.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm worried about doing anything in the Kingdom hearts fandom, because I don't want spoilers :ohdear:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Kingdom Hearts games are incredibly transparent so I'm not sure why you'd be worried about spoilers. If you have a thought in your head you can probably predict everything that's going to happen in individual games within the first twenty minutes.

e: But don't participate in the Kingdom Hearts fandom anyway. It's anime and Disney mixed together and it is exactly as bad as you would think.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Hey speaking of spoilers.

Remember when there was only one keyblade and having it was a pretty big deal?
I don't.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

I don't think this is a spoiler because really, it's been implied that contact with Keyblade users gives you the power to use on, given Riku and Kairi. One Keyblade was rare because Sora was the last one able to use one post BBS

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Well here's something I actually think is pretty rad.

Secret boss

His origin, if you don't recognize him.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

boo, I was hoping this wasn't gonna happen

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Ryaomon posted:

Secret boss

I've been spoiling the hell out of this game for myself and I've pretty much found all the major plot points to be really stupid(Axel....erm Lea becomes a keyblade wielder, zippideedoo who didn't see this coming? Isn't he supposed to be dead anyhow? And one reason I liked Axel to begin with was because he had his own distinct weapon...ah well, so much for THAT) but now this....THIS is legit awesome.

The series needs more stuff like this and less stuff like....*groan*, this.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 30, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

LemonLimeTime posted:

I've been spoiling the hell out of this game for myself and I've pretty much found all the major plot points to be really stupid(Axel....erm Lea is a keyblade wielder, zippideedoo who didn't see this coming? Isn't he supposed to be dead anyhow?) but now this....THIS is legit awesome.

But...but...the power of friendship! :qq:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

I was kinda hoping this would happen with the Disney partners instead...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

Secret boss

Woah, no way?

I thought Disney completely disavowed that piece of poo poo short, so that's pretty cool. Plus, hell, having a Disney bonus boss is fantastic in itself.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Looper posted:

Woah, no way?

I thought Disney completely disavowed that piece of poo poo short, so that's pretty cool. Plus, hell, having a Disney bonus boss is fantastic in itself.

"Piece of poo poo" what? That short is awesome. :confused: Happy to see a DISNEY secret boss.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Macaluso posted:

"Piece of poo poo" what? That short is awesome. :confused: Happy to see a DISNEY secret boss.

Yeah seriously, you're high if you don't like Runaway Brain as a piece of animation.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Hope you guys like the Kingdom Hearts version of TWEWY's theme.
http://youtu.be/hKtnXUiDuwM

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

LemonLimeTime posted:

Depends on whether they're all playable and distinct. Multiple playable characters in a 'what if' mode was the greatest thing about 358/2.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wow. I'm literally dying of laughter here, because the plot is getting so damned stupid. I mean, all these revelations are freaking hilarious. (major spoiler) You know a series is getting messed up when time loops/paradoxes gets involved. Oh, and Xehanort wanting 15 clones of himself.

Then again, I'm not in this for the plot as much as I am for the gameplay anymore...

HGH fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 31, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gaseous Snake posted:

holy poo poo this owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah seriously, you're high if you don't like Runaway Brain as a piece of animation.

I must have been high as a little kid then. Five year-old me thought it was the dumbest thing. Is it on Youtube or anything? I could give it a rewatch.

Sorry for the blocks of spoiler bars, guys :shobon:

Gaseous Snake" posted:

This is Twister's what, twentieth remix? Still fantastic. Digging the guitar at 1:19.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Looper posted:

I must have been high as a little kid then. Five year-old me thought it was the dumbest thing. Is it on Youtube or anything? I could give it a rewatch.

http://youtu.be/4vDoWoePKPg

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

HGH posted:

Wow. I'm literally dying of laughter here, because the plot is getting so damned stupid. I mean, all these revelations are freaking hilarious. (major spoiler) You know a series is getting messed up when time loops/paradoxes gets involved. Oh, and Xehanort wanting 15 clones of himself.

Then again, I'm not in this for the plot as much as I am for the gameplay anymore...

Well, it's literally the only place they could have gone to make this more confusing that it needs to be. And god knows they love to make it confusing.

How many Xehanorts is that now? Xehanort's Heartless (formally known as "Ansem, Seeker of Darkness"), Xehanort's Heartless possessing Riku's body, Xemnas, Xehanort (possessing Terra's body), Master Xehanort, and now Time-Travelnort and him wanting clones of himself. :sigh:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 1, 2012

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Man, you people are cuhrazy! This is the best thing they could have done. People whine "all the bad guys are Xehanort! Bad story!" and now the villain literally gathers up 13 different forms of himself, now literally all the bad guys are Xehanort.

To be serious though, I like all the Xehanorts so far. Ansem from KH1 and Xemnas from KH2, along with Master Xehanort from BbS are all cool dudes who are cool looking and I remember fondly from their respective games. Is it good writing? Hell no it isn't, but I for one don't give a poo poo.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

That's amazing. This is amazing. I think the KH story has managed to go so far into "this is bad" territory that they've accidentally stumbled upon a masterpiece.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ryaomon posted:

Secret boss

Ha, this is the lamest poo poo. A secret boss which probably references the most minor of Disney shorts. Wonderful.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Liku posted:

Ha, this is the lamest poo poo. A secret boss which probably references the most minor of Disney shorts. Wonderful.

A secret boss that is not a reheated FF villain or a preview for their increasingly stupid and nonsense plot, and is in fact a Disney cameo, and you call it lame.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That's amazing. This is amazing. I think the KH story has managed to go so far into "this is bad" territory that they've accidentally stumbled upon a masterpiece.

It's a kind of recursive brilliance.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

A secret boss that is not a reheated FF villain or a preview for their increasingly stupid and nonsense plot, and is in fact a Disney cameo, and you call it lame.

Well now hold on, it is april 1st today. Maybe Liku is just making an insane joke post right? :psyduck: right??

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Liku posted:

Goddammit where are my kawaii bishounen that I can pair up with the main characters and draw pictures of them loving??? This is bullshit I demand my taxpayer money back.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

Well, it's literally the only place they could have gone to make this more confusing that it needs to be. And god knows they love to make it confusing.

How many Xehanorts is that now? Xehanort's Heartless (formally known as "Ansem, Seeker of Darkness"), Xehanort's Heartless possessing Riku's body, Xemnas, Xehanort (possessing Terra's body), Master Xehanort, and now Time-Travelnort and him wanting clones of himself. :sigh:

Not to mention all the people running around inside Sora's heart. Dude's gonna get his arteries choked up if he let's one more person pay rent there.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Gaseous Snake posted:

I am digging this tune.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
Hahaha, this game's plot is such wonderful bullshit :allears: I can't wait for more news.

-edit-
Someone's walking me through everything about Xehanort and the final bosses on Skype right now. I can't stop laughing.

zonar fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 2, 2012

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pureauthor posted:

It could have been an original creature like the reaper from the first one. Or Nazi Donald would have ruled.

Hell give me a whole world based in WWII. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarter Past Ten
Jan 17, 2012

When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
To quote my boyfriend after I explained the information from 3D to him, "I give up."

:psyduck: This plot has gone above and beyond insane. I can't wait for more.