Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alariens421
Dec 17, 2009
I forgot where Enrico is in Jagged Alliance: Back In Action.

I did the quests to find his location, then the woman who told me where he is joined my party and I can't talk to her to find out his location. Can someone give me a hand on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IMPs, natives and MERCS don't know him.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009

alariens421 posted:

I forgot where Enrico is in Jagged Alliance: Back In Action.

I did the quests to find his location, then the woman who told me where he is joined my party and I can't talk to her to find out his location. Can someone give me a hand on this?

You mean Miguel? He's in a hideout west of Cambria.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Thompsons posted:

Everybody makes a big deal about Mike showing up again, but am I the only one who never has him appear with any fanfare? It's just like, I randomly attack some town sector and "hey, I just killed an enemy named Mike with no dialogue or anything, wonder what that was all about"

He used to be the best and most expensive Merc in JA1. He is an arrogant rear end in a top hat and left AIM to work for the highest bidder regardless of the work, hence why he hired with Deidranna. You can shoot him at range and have nothing happen but if he gets within a certain distance he starts a conversation with you and your mercs and most AIMers have something to say about him.

Also he usually is my first source of a free G11.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Finally, "The bitch is dead."

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

God Of Paradise posted:

Finally, "The bitch is dead."

How'd she bite it? On my first time through, I'll never forget how she died. Miguel shot her in the back with an RPG. :black101:

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009
How do I aim autofire-only weapons like machineguns? Right-click will only add more bullets and I can't find any other button or hotkey. I checked the manuals and google and found nothing. Don't tell me you can't aim those,they would be useless.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Capilarean posted:

How do I aim autofire-only weapons like machineguns? Right-click will only add more bullets and I can't find any other button or hotkey. I checked the manuals and google and found nothing. Don't tell me you can't aim those,they would be useless.

Are you lying down and using a bipod? The accuracy might be a bit better then.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Capilarean posted:

Use the scroll wheel to aim when in auto fire mode.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

chairface posted:

How'd she bite it? On my first time through, I'll never forget how she died. Miguel shot her in the back with an RPG. :black101:

Nothing fancy. Magic and Igor shot her with assault rifles on auto, in her bunker on day 51.

I don't save in combat, cheat, or use tons of guns. I started with 3 IMPs, Igor, Buns, Grunty, Ice.

Here's my list of dead:

My Medic IMP - Killed while whacking Kingpin
Haywire - Drassen counter attack.
Grunty - Drassen counter attack
Razor - Bloodcats near Chitzena
Hamous - Ambush near Cambria
Dimitri - Central SAM site, killed during Mike battle by some jabroni.
Iggy - Tixa
Henning - Balime
Carlos - Massive battle outside Orta
Tex - Massive battle outside Orta
Miguel - Massive battle outside Orta
Ivan - Massive battle outside Orta
Buns - Escaping secret prison.
Stogie - Tank on outskirts of Meduna
Ice - killed in queen's bunker by a broken gasmask... starting merc too.

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger

Capilarean posted:

The mousewheel works in the new chance to hit system to increase aiming levels, the old chance to hit has no such ability. Remember to use it relatively slow the game doesn't catch all the clicks if you spin it too fast. If your mousewheel doesn't work at all in the game (dunno why, but it's buggy with some mice/systems, never gotten it to work with a trackpad) aim in single shot mode then change to burst/auto.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
How do I change what order my mercs appear in on the tactical map and the strategic map? It's driving me nuts.
What kind of leggings can ghillie leggings attach on? None seem to accept it.
Also, does halting a merc's practice to go do something more important cancel the progress, or can you start training again at the level of progress you had beofroe interruption. Can't seem to be sure, but it seems like it is lost?
FYI I have googled and googled for this so if you know please spill the beans?

hairrorist fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 28, 2012

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Is there any way to transfer saved games from v.1.13 to Unfinished Business? I keep getting game loading errors.

Is there any other campaigns done in v.1.13? Because going back to the original vanillia gameplay is a real let down.

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011
I picked up this game again after seeing the thread and started an Experienced game and disabling the Drassen massive counterattack. While I enjoyed the nostalgia flashback in the first cutscene with the queen bitch slap, I am stunned by the rate of death the enemy can inflict upon me. Lowest of peons shooting farther and better with the worst pistols than my best trained mercs with more accurate SMGs, my mercs laying on top of roofs 2 tiles from the edge and getting magically shot from below through the walls while I can only hit the roof itself trying to shoot back.

What then baffled me was the rate at which enemy groups are sent out and taking tiles back from me. The second I freed the 2nd Drassen tile Omerta was run over again, after a day of recuperating the first Drassen tile was gone. After taking it back (which was an even bigger pain in the rear end than the first time) I tried to train Militias to avoid this disaster again. Before I hit 20% on the progress I got struck again, steamrolled over.

I now have the habit of saving every round I didn't die and inflicted more damage to the enemy than I tool losses aside because I can't take it on otherwise. What is up with this game? I had a way more relaxed experience in my mind from 10 years ago. I am spammed with awful pistol ammunition and run out of medkits and good SMG ammo and the only thing I get in return is 9x19mm ammo and pistols to be sold.

Did I miss something obvious? Some steamroll-reducing options would be nice.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

yomisei posted:

Things

Should probably train the militia before you capture the last Drassen tile. Helps if you take the mine sector first and leave the airport for when you have two stacks of militia in the other two sectors.

Narqulie
Oct 25, 2011

God Of Paradise posted:

Is there any way to transfer saved games from v.1.13 to Unfinished Business? I keep getting game loading errors.

Is there any other campaigns done in v.1.13? Because going back to the original vanillia gameplay is a real let down.

UB is a completely standalone campaign, I don't think there is anything to import.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Narqulie posted:

UB is a completely standalone campaign, I don't think there is anything to import.

You can import JA2 saves in UB in order to retain stats and such.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Is there any way I can get this to work without switching my display to 16bp, sometimes I forget and my newer games get stuck in 16bp. Its really annoying.

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

hairrorist posted:

Is there any way I can get this to work without switching my display to 16bp, sometimes I forget and my newer games get stuck in 16bp. Its really annoying.

If you're running 1.13, launch the game through INI Editor.exe. It will automatically turn 16bpp mode on and off for you. Also, be sure to check out all the settings available if you haven't already.

Narqulie
Oct 25, 2011

CCKeane posted:

You can import JA2 saves in UB in order to retain stats and such.

Aah, sorry, It's been a while since I last played UB...

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

There's an SCI on the Bear's Pit for a version of the Urban Chaos campaign with the latest version of v1.13 integrated.

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger

hairrorist posted:

How do I change what order my mercs appear in on the tactical map and the strategic map? It's driving me nuts.
What kind of leggings can ghillie leggings attach on? None seem to accept it.
Also, does halting a merc's practice to go do something more important cancel the progress, or can you start training again at the level of progress you had beofroe interruption. Can't seem to be sure, but it seems like it is lost?
FYI I have googled and googled for this so if you know please spill the beans?

You can't custom sort the list, but if you click on the various categories at the top it will sort under those topics. And you don't lose training progress if you stop before the next point is gained. Each stat has an experience bar so to speak, it fills but doesn't drop. Not really sure about the ghillie but i always thought they were an actual armor item and not an attachment. I've never used it.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

membranoid posted:

Not really sure about the ghillie but i always thought they were an actual armor item and not an attachment. I've never used it.

Nope, ghillie leggings are an attachment for Spectra, Dyneema, Twaron, and Kevlar leggings. Ghillie leggings do not attach to EOD, SWAT, or Zylon leggings.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

membranoid posted:

is gained. Each stat has an experience bar so to speak, it fills but doesn't drop.

You can actually see the bar fill-up while practicing or training militia. Neat implementation.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Foehammer posted:

Nope, ghillie leggings are an attachment for Spectra, Dyneema, Twaron, and Kevlar leggings. Ghillie leggings do not attach to EOD, SWAT, or Zylon leggings.

Same with the ghillie torso for those types of vest and the hood for those types of helmet.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

A little while ago I asked in this thread what the quietest weapon in the game was, but didn't get an answer. That's fine though, since I just found out after looting a rifle off an elite. I previously thought that the MP5SD was the quietest weapon in the game at a loudness of 5 tiles. Actually, it's the HK SL9SD at a loudness of two (2!) tiles. It's almost unfair how good it is for night ops.

I gave Blood a camo kit, the SL9SD with a LAM200 and a bipod, and he can kill about 3/4ths of the enemies on any given map without being detected at all (I also give him shurikens for close range work, and a silenced MP7 for when it's time to go "loud"). You can mount a 2x or 7x power scope on it, but at night ops distances I found it's fine with no scope at all. I don't have precise numbers, but I'm pretty sure it does more damage than the MP5SD with AET ammo and as a rifle it's obviously got better range and accuracy. A headshot will kill any redshirt in one hit and I've also killed elites with one headshot too.

My next objective: a full squad of ghillied stealth mercs with SL9s, 3rd/4th NVGs and throwing knives.

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011

Bilal posted:

My next objective: a full squad of ghillied stealth mercs with SL9s, 3rd/4th NVGs and throwing knives.

The return of the Oblivion Chameleon armor.

The game got easier for me when I got my first 2x Scope and more than one weapon that could shoot 20 tiles. Is there an easy way to get Scopes early on in the game?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

yomisei posted:

The return of the Oblivion Chameleon armor.

The game got easier for me when I got my first 2x Scope and more than one weapon that could shoot 20 tiles. Is there an easy way to get Scopes early on in the game?

I think Steyr AUG Paras (the 9mm version of the AUG) are available pretty early and come with those scopes. You could always order a bunch of those and just detach the scopes. Alternatively, leave the scopes on them and use the guns because they're pretty good and use the 9mm ammo you should be drowning in at the start of the game.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

yomisei posted:

What then baffled me was the rate at which enemy groups are sent out and taking tiles back from me. The second I freed the 2nd Drassen tile Omerta was run over again, after a day of recuperating the first Drassen tile was gone. After taking it back (which was an even bigger pain in the rear end than the first time) I tried to train Militias to avoid this disaster again. Before I hit 20% on the progress I got struck again, steamrolled over.
A bit late, but:

Omerta A9 will always get retaken because you can't train militia there. It doesn't really affect anything though. Just remember to send your newly-hired mercs to A10, or send them to Drassen Airport once you've cleared the northeast SAM site.

After taking the Drassen airport you might want to just stay there and train some militia if you have the funds. Otherwise just camp out on the roof of the ACA building, rest up, and wait for an attack. It's guaranteed to be attacked because some nearby patrols go through the airport sector. If you're defending and on the roof your odds are a lot better.

Baytor
Oct 4, 2010

Well, never mind! Commando missions are much more fun than girls anyway!
If cash is a major concern, consider taking the mine first and working your way towards the airport once you've got some militia sorted out. While the mine income will be severely reduced due to the fact that you don't hold all of the town, at least you'll have some cash trickling in. Plus, if you hit the mine first, there'll be fewer enemies hanging around which compensates for the fact that it's all houses. Granted you'll end up fighting more guys when you rock up at the airport, but there's less places for them to hide there.

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011
Taking the Drassen mine first and running over the other two city tiles with 10 militias definately took off most of the heat. After that and a few more accurate SMGs my problems alleviated themselves. The SAM site held a few grenade hurling hulks and pistol heros I had to savescum around of. After taking Chitzena I could order x2 scopes and took out a patrol of blackshirts, which I lured and :commissar: behind a farmhouse (let's talk about smart AI...). On the way I got the icecream truck, which is now a driving explosive and ammo transport and mobile base for me. Then I took Cambria in the night with all NVG equipped mercs. Right now I can buy x4 and x7 scopes, have 2 Sniper, 2 AR and dozens of Rifles all with x2 scopes. The game just got easy.

My experience so far is that early enemies in Drassen and the nearby SAM site mostly have pistols, but are way too accurate for your small team of not perfect mercs to get into a good distance AND shoot the enemy before they kill you. With the availability of SMGs with 30-ish accuracy and 20-ish range you can hold up against most enemies until they get ARs. The most bonus you get from x2 scopes, which literally make you double as accurate as before. Enemies seem to have way more AP for movement than your mercs do, I've seen them running 10 tiles, shoot twice with a pistol AND run back into cover.

I've also had a few moments of pure awesomeness in this game. Once I put one merc 3 tiles next to a door, another one picked up a rock and thew it into the hallway to lure an enemy through I heard before. My one merc was completely vulnerable in the open, but after an interrupt from my backup merc only a huge pile of blood and a headless body remained. Heck, even my medic with 65 marksman skill hits perfectly with an MP5N and a x2 scope and more often than not even kills them with a burst fire, even if they're 15 tiles away.

I can already see me playing this game through again, this time on a harder modus, but with way more stealth and knife and grenade throwing action. Suppressed SMGs are hot.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Grawwwwwwww, Spike won't let me in the bar even with my kickass 83ld Squadleader IMP merc... how random is it? Certain hours? I've tipped him with $100 before, but that didn't help.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Well, just cleared out the SAM site and airport in Meduna, went to BR's to buy more mortar shells, and the game crashed, hardlocked and I could hear my hard drive making weird noise. When I rebooted and went to reload both my quicksave and my regular save were corrupted. Good thing I've beaten this game multiple times or I'd be pissed. :v:

I think it has something to do with tanks. 1.13 is buggy enough in regular play but for some reason tanks were crashing my game 10 or 11 times every sector, usually when turning the turret and firing a shell.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Please help me with something lame!

I want to make a party of six IMPs, that will hopefully cover all the bases required (medic, mechanic, sniper, heavy weapons, etc.)

What would be good stats/kills/traits/gear to give them?

yomisei
Mar 18, 2011
Militia picked up PSG-1

:psyduck:

This AI, why does it keep stealing highend sniper rifles from me? :smith: Even worse are enemies who pick up their fallen comrades' weapons and die the next turn, not dropping this weapon again.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

yomisei posted:

Militia picked up PSG-1

:psyduck:

This AI, why does it keep stealing highend sniper rifles from me? :smith: Even worse are enemies who pick up their fallen comrades' weapons and die the next turn, not dropping this weapon again.

In the INI editor you can toggle whether the militia drop their equipment when killed by you, and also whether or not they can become hostile. It's under the "Tactical Difficulty Settings" section.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Ugh, just played a bit of JA:BiA. :smith:

It left me with a bad taste in my mouth, who the heck decided that that game was ready for retail?

It was just so freaking boring and the inventory management was so insanely clunky compared to JA2:1.13's that I could not believe my eyes.

hairrorist
Mar 29, 2011
Is there a good list of combinable item recipes for 1.13? I know the basic ones but have forgotten a lot of things.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Koorisch posted:

Ugh, just played a bit of JA:BiA. :smith:

It left me with a bad taste in my mouth, who the heck decided that that game was ready for retail?

It was just so freaking boring and the inventory management was so insanely clunky compared to JA2:1.13's that I could not believe my eyes.

I've just quit game on it for the last loving time. There is so much loving wrong with this game. I really tried to persevere with it, but it's just bullshit.

A key thing that finally sealed the deal is no matter WHAT you give to the miltia, they just get stomped on. The loving AI is just unbelievably bad. How do you take a 13 year old game and make it exponentially worse. Running guns back and forth is just for no real reason, just to lose a location anyway.

I know this thread has already seen it's share of posts about this, I can't get over just HOW bad it really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

midge posted:

I've just quit game on it for the last loving time. There is so much loving wrong with this game. I really tried to persevere with it, but it's just bullshit.

A key thing that finally sealed the deal is no matter WHAT you give to the miltia, they just get stomped on. The loving AI is just unbelievably bad. How do you take a 13 year old game and make it exponentially worse. Running guns back and forth is just for no real reason, just to lose a location anyway.

I know this thread has already seen it's share of posts about this, I can't get over just HOW bad it really is.

JABIA has one redeeming quality at least. After finally getting frustrated enough to rage-uninstall it, I forced myself to learn how to play JA2. I'm much better off for it in the end.