Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Liku posted:

It could have been an original creature like the reaper from the first one. Or Nazi Donald would have ruled.

Hell give me a whole world based in WWII. :colbert:

Or a certain zetta reaper from TWEWY not that I mind.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm really surprised that with a series that so blatantly panders towards the fanbase Sho doesn't seem show up at all.

That twister remix is dope and these new plot developments are not dope, not that I really cared about this series plotwise after the the gba game. Okay, BBS was pretty cool, but still.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 2, 2012

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Totally not reading spoilers, but I am dancing to the TWEWY remix and reveling in the fact that the series jumps further off the cliff. I cannot loving wait. Asking Kingdom Hearts to stop being insane is like asking the WWE to try and be a serious sporting event.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

My only real problem is that instead of being crazy it'll just be kinda boring and anime.

I'm totally down with being crazy and anime, I guess all I can do is wait and see.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Liku posted:

It could have been an original creature like the reaper from the first one. Or Nazi Donald would have ruled.

Hell give me a whole world based in WWII. :colbert:

I'm not sure that the Kingdom Hearts story has quite reached those depths of pure insanity just yet. Maybe in KH3, where you fight Hitlernort or something?

And yet, Nazi Donald Duck saluting Hitler in a munitions factory, is somehow less surreal that regular Donald Duck meeting uncanny valley Johnny Depp in a pirate world, with an anime boy who uses a giant key as a weapon for the sake of a giant heart shaped moon.

:psyduck:

[e]: Is that, a Darkness of the Unknown remix? I love KH music :allears:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 2, 2012

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They found another Bonus boss. It's completely stupid though, it's just a tough Dream Eater like in Days. What's worse is that it's a talking frog that just runs off after a while. Doesn't Disney have an abundance of actual talking frog characters they could have used?

Also, here, have some climactic end game boss music.

[e]^Indeed it is. Also, found out some more boss info. The Mysterious Figure from BBS is in this game, and is somehow even harder, in that he can reset the entire battle, up to the cutscene before you even fight him. Time Travel:argh:!

V
Oh, I see. I'm looking at things with 240p here and going off what other livestreamers are saying, so it's a bit hard to tell. Here, have a silly screencap.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 2, 2012

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think he just recovers 2 bars of health. The cutscene is just a fakeout.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
For those wondering, it appears that Sora's final boss is Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (aka Ansemnort), while Riku's final boss is Xemnas, followed by the Mysterious Figure (who is apparently a young Master Xehanort who can time-travel), followed by Sora as the cap to it all.

Quite thrilling to see these plot revelations popping out of the woodwork. Like the fact that yellow eyes/pointy ears means that you're turning into a Xehanort.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Allan Assiduity posted:

For those wondering, it appears that Sora's final boss is Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (aka Ansemnort), while Riku's final boss is Xemnas, followed by the Mysterious Figure (who is apparently a young Master Xehanort who can time-travel), followed by Sora as the cap to it all.

Quite thrilling to see these plot revelations popping out of the woodwork. Like the fact that yellow eyes/pointy ears means that you're turning into a Xehanort.

I had no idea about the fact that young Xehanort is around because of time travel, how did that happen? Also yellow glowy eyes and pointy ears...I'm guessing that means Xigbar is the next in line? And this is what Xehanort was referring to when he said "you are just one of many paths I may choose to take. Trust me, I made certain of that." to Terra in BBS I'm guessing?

You know I criticize the KH up until now for making a mess of it's plot, and I won't give it any slack, but there are some plot points like these that just weirdly make sense.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Allan Assiduity posted:

Why does he have to fight Sora

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Why does he have to fight Sora

Because it's cool. Didn't you always want to kick him in that over-enthusiastic face of his?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I just looked up a few videos and a synopis of the plot of KH3D. I think my new reaction to it can be summed up as:

:psyboom: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :psyboom:

I take back what I said earlier, it truely has plunged the depths of insanity...but why does it make so much sense while also being completly batshit insane!? Why!?

It's like staring into the Ark of the Covenant :psyduck:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Allan Assiduity posted:

Oh no I hope that doesn't mean Isa too. :ohdear:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
^ Yeah, um, about that... It does. Lea even has to fight him off at one point.

quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Pretty appropriate reaction I'd say. That's how I felt about it, at least. But I think we should all wait till we can get the full facts, maybe then we can actually understa- oh who am I kidding, it's bound to make even less sense that way!

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 2, 2012

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

Just gonna say that I'll probably be abbreviating Ansem, Seeker of Darkness to "Ansemnort" and young Master Xehanort to Youngnort, since those are long names.

LemonLimeTime, it looks like Ansemnort figured out how to time-travel (maybe after CoM?), then went back and "fetched" an alternate timeline version of Youngnort. He has to be from an alternate timeline, otherwise him and the old Master Xehanort couldn't co-exist, because of the way time-travel seems to work. And I'd forgotten about that line, but it seems quite likely.

Alteisen, it seems like after Sora's fight with Ansemnort, I believe Youngnort decides that they'll turn Sora into another vessel, and shatters his heart to do that (like Master Xehanort did to Ventus in BbS). Riku fights Sora to mend his heart.

Oh, and both Isa and Braig are both vessels for Xehanort. It looks like Master Xehanort is the leader of the new Organisation XIII, which is compromised of Xehanorts. Xehanorganisation XIII?

Oh, and more endgame beats.

zonar fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 2, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Jesus, these spoilers are reminding of the Swedish chef. "Nort, nort, nort, nort..."

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Amppelix posted:

Because it's cool. Didn't you always want to kick him in that over-enthusiastic face of his?

I meant more in the sense if it was friendly or not.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
I love how everyone here has just embraced the madness and nonsensicality of Kingdom Hearts. I think people had too high of expectations after the original game and were let down by KH2. Now all the Norts and blatant fan service and retcons are approaching critical anime mass but everyones just rolling wit it

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

^ Yeah, um, about that... It does. Lea even has to fight him off at one point.

Noooooo! Well, at least he didn't fade away into obscurity like the rest of the group.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Allan Assiduity posted:

Oh, and both Isa and Braig are both vessels for Xehanort. It looks like Master Xehanort is the leader of the new Organisation XIII, which is compromised of Xehanorts. Xehanorganisation XIII?

Oh, and more endgame beats.

Man this plot and all the 'norts :allears:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

I love how everyone here has just embraced the madness and nonsensicality of Kingdom Hearts. I think people had too high of expectations after the original game and were let down by KH2. Now all the Norts and blatant fan service and retcons are approaching critical anime mass but everyones just rolling wit it

I don't think it's as much embracing it, as being resigned to it.

Also, they should rename this series "Kingdom 'Norts".

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gaseous Snake posted:

Noooooo! Well, at least he didn't fade away into obscurity like the rest of the group.

Yeah seriously, literally nobody but Isa, Braig, and Lea are shown facially, though obviously Lea is on the side of good now.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Wait, is DDD out already?

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

If it wouldn't be spoilers, I'd say that the thread name should have the word Xehanorgy in there, because, really.

For anyone keeping count of the 'norts, so far we have: Baldynort, Youngnort, Ansemnort, Isanort, Braignort, and Xemnas(nort). Rikunort isn't part of the club, it seems :( Also nobody uses two of them, but you've gotta have those 'norts.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Now all the Norts and blatant fan service and retcons are approaching critical anime mass but everyones just rolling wit it
Basically. I tried to care, but it's impossible with a plot which is this bad.

Level Slide posted:

Wait, is DDD out already?
It's out in Japan. I think the west is getting it in the summer? I'm probably wrong on this count :)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Allan Assiduity posted:

Basically. I tried to care, but it's impossible with a plot which is this bad.

I think I can explain how this plot came out:

:supaburn: "Nomura-san! Nomura-san! Terrible news!"

"What?! What is it!? I'm trying to add the finishing touches to Sora's new belt."

:supaburn: "Oh my, it's awful! Someone in the west has released a google document that explains all the plot of Kingdom Hearts! It's terrible! They know what's going on!"

"You must be mistaken, that's impossible."

:supaburn: "It's true, Nomura-san! I've seen it with my own eyes!"

"This is...unforgivable."

:supaburn: "B-but what can we do!?"

"I know. TORIYAMA! Get your rear end out of that padded cell! I need you here!

"Yessssssss, Nomura-san?"

"The gaijin devils have made sense of Kingdom Hearts - I need you to make it not make sense! Quick, think of some plots or retcons!"

"Hmm...I have prepared for this day, for I knew it would come. How about timetravellingyoungmasterxehanortwasplanningtouseorganizationtomake
clonesofhimeselfwhilesoraexistsinastateoffluxbeingafocalpointforthekeybladespowersothusinfluxasastateofbeing
?"

"...Remove your hands from that straightjacket and caress me, Toriyama-san."

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Welp, there goes any hope of going into 3D spoiler-free.

My will is weak, and those spoiler bars are ever so tempting.
I tried to hold off, but considering I had spoiled myself on BBS the day of Japanese release, there weren't really high hopes for that.

And you know what? these plot points for 3D make an odd sort of sense.
I can somewhat follow them.

And I still love this series.

Tiemrhon
Jul 27, 2010
So what you're telling me is Xehanort is kind of like a time-travelling Agent Smith?

That is magnificent. I can't wait to see how this gets even crazier in KH3.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I have to be honest, the thing that excites me most about this new game is how the google doc summary could be updated.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ah, now eventually you do plan to have ah, Disney in your, in your Disney game, right? Hello?

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

I hope the last boss in the final game of the series is Walt Disney trying to kill the anime that has invaded his precious worlds.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Colonel Pancreas posted:

I hope the last boss in the final game of the series is Walt Disney trying to kill the anime that has invaded his precious worlds.

Walt Disney's frozen severed head in a giant mech suit.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I literally hate myself for reading even one of those spoilers

Seriously. This poo poo is out of hand.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I pretty much spoiled the game for myself. But the whole thing is so crazy I have to experience it for myself.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress you Nomura. gently caress you.

Somehow I kinda expected this poo poo from him. Oh well. I'm sure it'll still be a blast to play.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope DDD has more TWEWY tracks. The Twister remix was magical.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Level Slide posted:

I hope DDD has more TWEWY tracks. The Twister remix was magical.

It's got two more and what do ya know? They got put on youtube too. :3:

Someday
http://youtu.be/J5oQP6mVcjM

Calling
http://youtu.be/QJbszmEqI1E

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

One last endgame boss theme, this one playing for Riku's battle against Sora. Apparently, after Sora's heart is shattered, Ven (in Sora's heart) gives Sora his Keyblade Armour to protect him from the darkness. Since the darkness can't get to Sora through the Armour, it uses the armour to force Sora to fight Riku when Riku dives into Sora's heart.

Or something like that. I'm just relaying from a friend, and he's a bit unsure of the details. As always, if you hear differently, just point it out. I don't want to get my ~ANIMES~ wrong.

On the actual music: it seems not-so-good as the rest of the endgame beats, which is a bit of a shame.

e: Speaking of getting my animes wrong, I got the final bosses a bit mixed up. Sora fights Xemnas, Riku fights Ansemnort (followed by Youngnort and Sora).

zonar fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 3, 2012

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
One of the higher quality vids I've seen with 3D's secret boss from start to finish!

That T-Rex Dream Eater at the end... :D

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Remember when the themesong talked about how simple life is? Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Allan Assiduity posted:

One last endgame boss theme,

Huh, Destati.

Shame none of the remixes have come close to the very first time we heard it.