Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Sword of Musashi episode just goes on to prove that the rule about "GCCX episodes featuring never heard -titles rock" exist. That was a really fun episode with loads of segments.

e: ooops typo

jyrque fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Nill posted:

The torrent is bugging out because the embed code wasn't posted, just a direct link.
This should fix it:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 511.64 MB)
View torrent stats

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Loved that episode. Having the crew basically go 'Yeah, the second loop is total bullshit. Let's play a Vs tournament and you can call it a win' was pretty telling - the game looked ridiculously hard even on the first time round! Good to see Arino losing his temper a bit, too.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing like coming home to a new episode of Game Center CX, thanks a million as always guys. Torrent is working just dandy on my end.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'm surprised they showed so much of Super GnG. They clearly showed him beating the last boss with the magic bracelet, which is what you need to do to truly beat the game on the 2nd loop.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
New song for the OP (from the two crossover promotional segments) :

Maximum The Hormone - Koi no Mega Lover

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm surprised they showed so much of Super GnG. They clearly showed him beating the last boss with the magic bracelet, which is what you need to do to truly beat the game on the 2nd loop.

That's not quite the final boss--you don't get to fight him until the end of loop 2.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the awesome episode.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Also wanted to give thanks. Appreciate all the hard work you guys put in.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Keyboard Kid posted:

That's not quite the final boss--you don't get to fight him until the end of loop 2.

That's right, forgot about Sardius, but just seeing how deep he goes in loop 2 and without looking at a guide, one could probably guess the outcome just based on that clip.

Wonder if it's on the docket to be subbed, it'd probably be a great episode.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 3, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
I can't believe I'm actually disappointed the Sugoi Squad DDL link is switched to private. I love a good bad sub. MAJIDE, BAKA Wupload-tan!?。

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Re: Retro Game Challenge, I checked a lone forest tile on the Guadia Quest world map and Arino-Guadia popped out and one-shotted my party. :negative:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Just got The Sword of Musashi episode. I've got some business to take care of first before watching it though. Gaming Business.

Oh yeah, I actually jsut recently got my 3DS, and wanted to get in on that GCCX Swapnote Stationery. Here's my 3DS Friend Code for whoever can help me out.

2449-4749-1808

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

I can't believe I'm actually disappointed the Sugoi Squad DDL link is switched to private. I love a good bad sub. MAJIDE, BAKA Wupload-tan!?。

That's odd. I didn't do that. I wonder if it got too many downloads. A lot of the new file hosts popping up in the wake of megaupload's takedown aren't exactly good hosts.

I'll upload it again to depositfiles later but my upstream bandwidth is occupied at the moment...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
What's that 'go under the school gate' comment in the episode about? I assume it's something to do with Japanese entrance exams, but I don't have the etymology.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Thanks for another episode. It's Monday and you already made my week!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Thanks for the new episode, the ones with games never released in the west really are the best episodes.

Suda the Sound Guy made me wonder, when the DVD is released in the US, will it have the GCCX credits roll? Is there a credit roll, for that matter (edit:at the end of this episode there is, even? I just think it would be interesting to read them just to see how many of the staff has actually made it onto the show, it seems like almost every person on crew shows up on camera at least once. Is this common of Japanese TV?

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 3, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I checked that JJ Squawkers game out on youtube because I liked the style of art and smooth animation, and it is :catdrugs: as gently caress.

There are power ups that make your bird throw different vegetables instead of tomatoes, and one that makes him throw constantly shifting random garbage sprites, including, if I saw right, a continue countdown.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
The Sword of Musashi episode was great. Thanks again, SAGCCX! :)

The game itself looks really brutal and unfun. I dunno why Arino didn't choose the second game since he seemed to have a better time with that compared to Sword of Musashi and Ninja Kid. :raise:

iastudent posted:

Re: Retro Game Challenge, I checked a lone forest tile on the Guadia Quest world map and Arino-Guadia popped out and one-shotted my party. :negative:
That was actually the challenge Arino had to do in that one hour DVD-exclusive video which was posted untranslated early on in this thread where he had to do one task in each game in RGC. I think he ended up grinding his characters before defeating Arino-Guadia.

I should play through Guadia Quest. When I completed it for the story mode, I went the cheap route and did the quick ending where you talk to a guy in a mausoleum on the far east side of the overworld and he asks if you want to view the credits, which counts as beating the game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Obeast posted:

I should play through Guadia Quest. When I completed it for the story mode, I went the cheap route and did the quick ending where you talk to a guy in a mausoleum on the far east side of the overworld and he asks if you want to view the credits, which counts as beating the game.

I beat it along with every other game in freeplay mode and it is actually a game with plot twists which is kind of insane.

I mean, nothing like super mind-blowing but the fact that there is a plot to twist in this fake NES RPG in a collection of other fake NES games is crazy.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Thanks for the new episode, folks. Nice timing on the release, as I'd finally caught up on the translated stuff.

ASSayuki Kibe :swoon:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Just finished the latest episode myself. Thank you as always!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Volfogg posted:

Oh yeah, I actually jsut recently got my 3DS, and wanted to get in on that GCCX Swapnote Stationery. Here's my 3DS Friend Code for whoever can help me out.

2449-4749-1808

I also wouldn't mind the gccx swapnote stuff. I just recently found out how to access my friend code for my 3ds, so I'm asking for it a bit late, but here it is.

3265-5055-3310

Thanks

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for the new episode guys.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Aha can someone make a gif of the dancing now game?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I know you are joking, but I want this to happen. Well, just one episode.

It would have to be just one, because that's all I've been able to find so far.

Random Stranger posted:

There's a lot of text overlays you have to do for that one too...

Not me, my roles in SAEGCSEX would be purely Raw Provider and Team Coordinator.

Col. Roy Campbell posted:

Another April Fools Day, another instance of really wanting something that's clearly a joke.

Obeast posted:

This would've been the best April Fool's gift.

Well, if I can get some responses to my request for team members...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's something firebreathing in your neighborhood. Who you gonna call?

Arino

Wait, that seems like a terrible idea. You don't even know if he can beat Dragon Buster...

The translation for this episode is brought to you by a woman who is responsible for complete lack of dragons in her country, Saint zari-gani.

Download torrent81 (1 files; 554.68 MB)
View torrent stats

Depositfiles has stopped responding during my upload six times at this point so a direct download option is going to follow eventually but now I had to either get this going or put off the release another day.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I really enjoyed all the little Korean trip extras and followups...and we all know the April fool's project is destined to happen one day. Just like one fine day they'll somehow get Hard Gay on the show for a Cho Aniki episode or some such and all will be as it should be.

Wow, new ep already?! The release deluge begins anew!

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
Buckets of happy tears, thank you SAGCCX again.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Oh, Dragon Buster. This is one of those titles where, the entire time I was translating the episode, I was thinking to myself "what an awful game." Does anyone have any fond memories of this one?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Dear god I'm watching a Kotaku episode and it's just pure garbage :smith:

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Two releases in two days is basically fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work, guys! I always enjoy seeing Arino take on games I've never even heard of.

Volfogg and Vlaphor posted:

GCCX stationery requests.

I got you guys covered, if you're still waiting. 4554-0202-8700.

Johanz
Nov 3, 2010
Woop! Two new episodes and look what arrived in the mail today!

http://i.imgur.com/Uqb22.jpg
(sorry for the totally rear end picture, the ipod camera is the only camera I have. :() It looks really great, turned out much better than I thought it would, pixel art is actually super crisp when you look at it.. I kinda feel like I should have pixeled the GCCX logo somewhere..

Anyhoo, since I started studying the GCCX episodes have just begun to pile up. I think I have like 7-8 episodes in my backlog.. I think I might be able to watch some episodes this weekend though. Also, those april fools jokes were pretty awesome, haha.

Johanz fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 4, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Depositfiles has stopped responding during my upload six times at this point so a direct download option is going to follow eventually but now I had to either get this going or put off the release another day.

If I may ask, why do you use Depositfiles? Unlike minus.com or UploadKing and the like, it's got a painfully slow download speed. Maybe it's just me, but I never get more than 50 or so KB/s.

Either way, another new episode! Thanks, Team!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Runaway Bro posted:

Two releases in two days is basically fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work, guys! I always enjoy seeing Arino take on games I've never even heard of.

So do we just send you a message and receive the stationary that way? It's been awhile and I couldn't find the instructions when I looked through the last twenty or so pages of the thread.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

The other way around, actually. When someone sends you a Swapnote with special stationery, you automatically unlock it for your own use. I just need to have you in my friends list to send it.

I hope you like poorly-drawn Slime-Arino!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I took my SNES out of storage today so my 5-year-old (and fellow Arino fan) could get a taste of the retro life. After I explained to him what a cartridge was (God, I'm old), he was pretty excited to see the whole setup and went on at some length about wanting to slide the power switch with a proper "Kacho ON!" I ejected the cart that was in the console and handed it to him; he immediately blew into it.

Later when he was tearing his hair out over SMB, he commented, "I wish we had some cooling sheets."

So keep up the good work, SAGCCX team! You'll help me make a proper geek out of my boy yet. :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

If I may ask, why do you use Depositfiles? Unlike minus.com or UploadKing and the like, it's got a painfully slow download speed. Maybe it's just me, but I never get more than 50 or so KB/s.

Either way, another new episode! Thanks, Team!

I actually tried out a bunch of different file upload services when I did the April Fool's joke and I ran into issues with most of them. UploadKing last time I checked had a pretty restrictive file size. I hadn't heard of minus.com so I'll give them a whirl.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Runaway Bro posted:

If you're still willing, I'd love that stationary.

2578-4005-7722

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I actually tried out a bunch of different file upload services when I did the April Fool's joke and I ran into issues with most of them.

Ah, okay. Even if Depositfiles is slow as sin, I really appreciate the DDL site uploads, as I am unable to use torrents at this residence, so thank you.

Hirayuki posted:

I took my SNES out of storage today so my 5-year-old (and fellow Arino fan) could get a taste of the retro life. After I explained to him what a cartridge was (God, I'm old), he was pretty excited to see the whole setup and went on at some length about wanting to slide the power switch with a proper "Kacho ON!" I ejected the cart that was in the console and handed it to him; he immediately blew into it.

Later when he was tearing his hair out over SMB, he commented, "I wish we had some cooling sheets."

So keep up the good work, SAGCCX team! You'll help me make a proper geek out of my boy yet. :3:

Oh god, I'm so glad I've kept my old consoles around. I can't wait for the day I give a child their first Virtual Boy headache!