Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Super rad!

I'm contemplating starting up my Fallout: Van Buren (that is, the original Black Isle FO3) PbP here, but looks like somebody's starting a GURPS Game soon and I wouldn't want to butt in. Plus the rules I use are sort of amalgam-y and homebrewed... sort of a bastardization of Ropekid's Fallout: New Vegas system. I've got it planned pretty far in advance! But maybe in a bit, if folks are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

thepopstalinist posted:

Super rad!

I'm contemplating starting up my Fallout: Van Buren (that is, the original Black Isle FO3) PbP here, but looks like somebody's starting a GURPS Game soon and I wouldn't want to butt in. Plus the rules I use are sort of amalgam-y and homebrewed... sort of a bastardization of Ropekid's Fallout: New Vegas system. I've got it planned pretty far in advance! But maybe in a bit, if folks are interested.

I wouldn't worry about butting in man. Generally there are more players then open games, so more games is always better.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

thepopstalinist posted:

Super rad!

I was looking at that game you're talking about and was intimidated by having to back into GURPS, and also I don't have the extra books that DM is looking for. I guess what I'm saying is that I would try to apply to your game if you set it up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thepopstalinist posted:

Super rad!

I'd be so into this I couldn't even describe it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well then, consult your local recruitment megathread! It's on!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Posted on behalf of Puppies are dicks:

Puppies are dicks posted:

:siren:Attention Studio Audience!:siren:

spacegame is now in re-recruitment! Currently I am recruiting for two slots to replace players who have withdrawn, and entries will be accepted until this coming Monday 3/19/12 7 PM GMT.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444106

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 15, 2012

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan
I like how a bazillion BSG games burst out of nowhere. Dexanth, look what you've done!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I read Ettins Eclipse Phase game last night and it looks like a really good into to the system if you've got it and wonder how it looks in play. Plus the game looks fun..

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I really like Spycraft and Spycraft 2.0 and am familiar with most of the expansions and suppliments. If anyone is interesting in starting a game, I'd like to join on the ground floor. I haven't seen it in the rotation, which is too bad because Spycraft is a lot of fun, and Spycraft 2.0 is flexable enough to do espionage, war, crime, and thrillers really well. The modules for Spycraft also allow any era from about the 1930's to the near future.

If anyone is interested, please let me know!

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I just wanted to say that Ettin's Eclipse Phase game is hilarious.

I am not sure whether to react to the Quarko abuse with amusement or sadness, as Quarko amuses me.

OTOH he's probably far less entertaining to his would-be Science Buddies. He's like a hyperactive Japanophile Wheatley. :v:

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 2, 2012

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I'm thinking of running a Pathfinder Play by Post of a successful tabletop campaign I ran with my DND group.
I am new to the PBP dynamic and I'm wondering if there is a FAQ thread for running one, and if there isn't if it would be kosher for me to make in in Traditional Play.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I, too, am tempted to run a PBP game but have never done one before - I'd suggest bringing "I want to play by post, for the first time" back to the first page, and also having a look at the advice following this post in the GM Advice thread. Those were the two threads I was going to ask questions in when I got around to it, but if you ask questions as well then I won't wear out my keyboard as much!

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I'm glad I'm not alone. Maybe we could work together on a first timer's GM PBP thread. I think its a subject that merits its own thread.

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
ProfessorCirno, if you're reading this, I just want you to know that your "I just don't even know what the gently caress anymore" reaction in Ettin's Eclipse Phase game had me in stitches.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
I'm currently enjoying "A Prayer In Darkness", hosted by Mukaikubo. Kudos, dude, you've got a great story going there, lots of character interaction, and... scottish kobolds, as opposed to the more common scottish dwarves, is a very nice touch. Lovin' it, can't wait to read more.

hathfallen
Dec 22, 2003
I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying [V:tM 20th] The Dead of Liberty City, great DM, great players, it makes me wish for some unholy alliance between Rockstar and White Wolf to make this happen as an actual GTA game.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....
I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this question, but does anyone know if there is a mirror or an archive of the old KTRD pbp thread?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

hathfallen posted:

I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying [V:tM 20th] The Dead of Liberty City, great DM, great players, it makes me wish for some unholy alliance between Rockstar and White Wolf to make this happen as an actual GTA game.

An they called me MAD!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Frankie! posted:

I don't know if this is the best thread to ask this question, but does anyone know if there is a mirror or an archive of the old KTRD pbp thread?

As opposed to in the Forum Archives?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Well yes, but you have to pay for those. I assume he wants them for free. :v:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Way of the Wicked is hardcore. Been biting my nails all day, good job guys.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

Way of the Wicked is hardcore. Been biting my nails all day, good job guys.

We've been flipping out in our IRC channel. This was intense. I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Android Blues posted:

We've been flipping out in our IRC channel. This was intense. I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

I confirm everything above. Fighter supremacy~

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

hathfallen posted:

I have to second this. The writing is top notch, the players inhabit the skin of their characters, and the action is both grisly and hilarious.

Can't wait to see what happens to Walter.

I am also thoroughly enjoying Ettin's Eclipse Phase thread.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 17, 2012

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

If anyone cares (and I know you don't!), I've opened the recruiting threads for Hired Irons and Gods and Kings to peanut gallery commentary! I'm happy to answer any questions as well, anything about the setting or characters or clarifying the plot or whatever. Well, for Hired Irons at least. Gods and Kings hasn't technically, y'know, started yet.

You're all also welcome, of course, to come join us in #Circadia on Synirc, where we've long forgotten who the Operator is and I am unable to switch topics or do anything.

Doomsayer fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jul 17, 2012

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012
I am watching the Grunt game with keen interest.

Any game where the players are nervous as Hell without having seen a single bogey is a clear sign of a good GM running a good game well.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
"Edward looks at the mages. Mages are...well, at their best, they're deviationists and Utopians who lack a coherent platform to carry out their goals, and at their worst, they're an archaic vestige of aristocratic pre-capitalist feudalist dogma. They are, almost without exception, scum, who, come the revolution, will be lined up against the wall."

The players in my vampire game continue to rule.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I don't know how acceptable it is to post a plug for my own game, but I'm looking for commentary and perhaps seeing if anyone wants to fill some roles in the game. I'm looking to take on up to two additional characters, a replacement for a player who vanished early game and anyone else who might be interested. Here is the [PDQ] Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City - OOC/Recruitment Thread and the Game thread. Just post in the OOC thread if you have suggestions, comments or are interested in joining in.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 19, 2012

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've already told Robodog this over facebook, but this newest incarnation of Ms Frost is better than the two attempts I made at it. Huge ups to Robo and the players!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Soonmot posted:

I've already told Robodog this over facebook, but this newest incarnation of Ms Frost is better than the two attempts I made at it. Huge ups to Robo and the players!

D'awww, thanks Soon! :glomp:

I'm having a blast but wow, fleshing out that many NPCs that regularly interact with the PCs? Talk about work, I'm seeing how it got on top of you.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Team Murdersticks turned 2 years old today! And we still have one of our original players (well, two, if you include Krabkolash and his little "career break.")

:wotwot:

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.
Speaking of birthdays, Salvage Squad turned 1 a couple weeks back! Our intrepid group is currently storming a tower full of undead nasties so we can get portal codes to go to the moon and raid a dead god's armory! :rock:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Lost Highway is not yet a month old, but it has gone over a thousand posts so far. Congrats on making the thread successful group!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Wow, I didn't even realize that [D&D 4e] The A-Team: Scales of War is almost 2.5 years old now and has 2615 posts. That's freaking insane.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
As someone involved in another "high school with powers game" (not here, on a different forum) I just want to say that I'm really digging the hell out of the Ms. Frost's School for Wayward Girls game. It's still early in the story yet, but I'm hoping this one lasts.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I can't help but wonder if the person running City of the Spider Queen and saying it's D&D 3.5 knows that the adventure isn't, but there's an obscure conversion document that could help him out with some sticking points.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 3, 2012

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I did not realize it wasn't 3.5. Where is the conversion document? I'm not sure how necessary it is, but it could be a good idea to have it just in case.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
This is it:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040313a

(Yes, that's for a completely different book. Yay for 3.5 line development.)

There's some other sticking points from what I can remember back then, like I'd read up on the fine details of the spells used for the mechanics in the last area of the adventure (being vague in order to avoid spoiling it for your players.) And I'm just going to stop my own personal sperg train before it gets started.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
I've gotta say, Mistaya's "Dresden Files New Orleans- I fought the law" thread is pretty great. It's slowed down a bit now that the story has reached final boss territory, but the whole thread is an excellent read.

As someone who has yet to play the game, it's given me a much better idea of how the Fate system works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I've been trying to use that game to show my friends how amazing FATE can be, but unfortunately none of them has read the Dresden Files so they never bothered reading it. :argh:

Seriously though, we need more FATE games on here, that system is amazing. I've had tons of fun with it.