Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
I had a revelation today, that TgT is the first and only comic book I've ever read.

I'm never going to read another one. You can't top this.

LB is literally my favorite comic author/illustrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pigbuster posted:

Looks like someone needs to bone up on their Sonic canon.

This is the dumbest poo poo ever. If he lives in "reality" with regular people walking around, why does he still look cartoonish? And sonic lives on earth too apparently? Mutants and talking animal-people just hanging out all the time. And wouldn't his robot-animal conversion poo poo be some kind of international atrocity -- especially if "animals" can walk and talk and are arguably people too? What the gently caress is this doing to my brain? Terrible.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo ever. If he lives in "reality" with regular people walking around, why does he still look cartoonish? And sonic lives on earth too apparently? Mutants and talking animal-people just hanging out all the time. And wouldn't his robot-animal conversion poo poo be some kind of international atrocity -- especially if "animals" can walk and talk and are arguably people too? What the gently caress is this doing to my brain? Terrible.
It's amusing to think that lazerbot's comic makes more sense and is more compelling than any official stories Sonic Team has put out over the last 15 years or so.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
So, is Knuckles in the Troll Slaiyers now? I think he's the only significant character who's alive and not neatly tucked into a faction by this point.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

withheldmcfakename posted:

So, is Knuckles in the Troll Slaiyers now? I think he's the only significant character who's alive and not neatly tucked into a faction by this point.
Knuckles is Shadow's bro; he goes where Shadow goes.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

I had a revelation today, that TgT is the first and only comic book I've ever read.

I'm never going to read another one. You can't top this.

LB is literally my favorite comic author/illustrator.

You really should look up Christian Humbler reloaded. It's nowhere near as good as TgT, but it has that same :wtc: factor with it's stolen characters and plot.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

This used to drive me crazy in Sonic 2 when small realistic foxes would run out of the "egg" at the end of each level as a large, two-tailed, cartoon fox stood nearby.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

visceril posted:

Knuckles is Shadow's bro; he goes where Shadow goes.

You don't high-shovel with just anyone. Only after murder and hastily covering it up bonds bros to the point of brodom needed to pull off a high-shovel.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Air Julio posted:

You don't high-shovel with just anyone. Only after murder and hastily covering it up bonds bros to the point of brodom needed to pull off a high-shovel.

I think you need to have gotten high together as well.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

It's amusing to think that lazerbot's comic makes more sense and is more compelling than any official stories Sonic Team has put out over the last 15 years or so.

The fact that I actually like Silver in this comic makes this even more true.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You know, I was thinking about the story and factions thus far, and realized that there is only one true conclusion to this story: the Defenders, Troll Slaiyers, Silver Gang, and the Troll Kingdom all unite to stop Mario. This is a part of Mario's master plan to bring peace to the world by unifying everyone against a single enemy.

Mario is Adrian Veidt.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

New Goon Project: Have SEGA hire Lazerbot as new head writer of Team Sonic.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

New Goon Project: Have SEGA hire Lazerbot as new head writer of Team Sonic.

This is pretty much the only way I would buy a modern sonic game.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Sonic Adventure 2 is a fun game but it started the trend of Sonic's plot and overall world being really, really stupid. Notice how the humans in that cutscene are completely unstylized and look nothing like Eggman, who is very cartoony.

Unleashed was a bit better about this, with having stylized human characters, and the world Sonic and friends live in seems to make a lot more sense in general these days. But trying to imagine Sonic 2006 or Shadow the Hedgehog taking place in the same world that Sonic 2 takes place in is bizarre and brain-hurting.

Real talk though while we're on the subject: Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations are REALLY GOOD and you're doing yourself a great disservice if you ignore them.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Air Julio posted:

Now that you put it that way I feel like if I ever kill and bury someone I'm going to have to high shovel someone and think of Tails Gets Trolled. It will be an in joke.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I'm getting the strangest feeling that Tails Gets Trolled is going to end up being some sort of weird retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shlapintogan posted:

I'm getting the strangest feeling that Tails Gets Trolled is going to end up being some sort of weird retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Never pursue Mario!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I thought sonic was on some fantasy animal-people planet and Dr. Robotnic was some human from space who came to enslave the planet. As a kid i thought it was kinda cool how the human was the bad-guy coming and destroying nature, environmental message yo.

Then 3d sonics came out and suddenly sonic is in the real world on earth but no one gives a poo poo and none of the previous games happened and what the gently caress???? Childhood: ruined.

But now, now there is once again hope for consistant and well written plots (relative to the games) in the sonic universe. Godspeed, Lazerbot

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

nerdbot posted:

Sonic Adventure 2 is a fun game but it started the trend of Sonic's plot and overall world being really, really stupid. Notice how the humans in that cutscene are completely unstylized and look nothing like Eggman, who is very cartoony.

SatAM universe for life. :emo: That poo poo was intense. In a world full of cute woodland type creatures, let's explore the themes of genocide and armed revolution! And then there was that evil dude who was an even worse rear end in a top hat mad scientist than Robotnik.

Baronjutter posted:

I thought sonic was on some fantasy animal-people planet and Dr. Robotnic was some human from space who came to enslave the planet. As a kid i thought it was kinda cool how the human was the bad-guy coming and destroying nature, environmental message yo.

There are several different continuities. In SatAM, the best one, that I just mentioned, Robotnik is like some crazy dictator from another dimension who literally destroys and robo-enslaves the planet's dominant culture.

quote:

Then 3d sonics came out and suddenly sonic is in the real world on earth but no one gives a poo poo and none of the previous games happened and what the gently caress???? Childhood: ruined.

There was a god awful anime set in this continuity too. Sonic falls into some rich kid's pool out of the sky like some alien and people are like "WOW JEE WHIZ" instead of the military instantly scooping him up for dissection. It's saccharine and dumb as hell.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 3, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

New page!

Knuckles's plan is making me laugh so hard. I love that Teemo thinks that a plan that is essentially a suicide mission with him making the sacrifice is brilliant.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 3, 2012

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
It would be the best thing in the world if Knuckles plan actually works.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
hulk bring that canan over here.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Gonna rack up some Penta-Kills.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
What are penta kills? I take it they're some League of Legends thing?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Gaseous Snake posted:

What are penta kills? I take it they're some League of Legends thing?

A dota thing basically. When you get the killing blow on every member of the opposing team.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
A pentakill is killing all 5 of the enemy champions in a short space of time in League of Legends (teams are 5v5).

There are more than 5 trolls though...

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
So they just have a cannon sitting around. Good to know.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mystic_Squid posted:

So they just have a cannon sitting around. Good to know.

No, they have a canen. All the difference in the world.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure that little rat-guy is actually going to murder a bunch of the Troll top brass. Penta-kills sounds like a pretty serious thing.

Or the comic will hit another brief patch of self-awareness and he'll smash into a wall and die. Either way.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Canan.

Focus this time so I dont have to keep telling you retards what happened.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"

Calico Heart posted:

Now that you put it that way I feel like if I ever kill and bury someone I'm going to have to high shovel someone and think of Tails Gets Trolled. It will be an in joke.

Let me tell
you man,
burring a
fat guy is
hard work

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010
Man, there's so many teams of people in this all working to defeat the trolls. But this plan can't succeed, especially with so many more chapters to go!

Who knows who will succeed. We certainly know lazerbot doesn't play it safe with who lives and dies.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Never change Knuckles, never change.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

I lost it at this frame. That Bowser is just amazing.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.
I am so glad that Bowser and The Hulk are finally working together.

Playing Mario games my whole life, I always thought this would be the most sensible thing to do.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I read Shadow's question to Bowser as "How's life going Bowser?" for some reason. It makes Bowser's reply both awesome and crazy.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Imagining Knuckles' lines in his voice from this thread/the animated version makes the comic experience so much more compelling.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Koo Koo Ka-Chaw Koo Koo Ka-Chaw

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Imagining Knuckles' lines in his voice from this thread/the animated version makes the comic experience so much more compelling.

Haha! Seems I wasn't the only one doing that. Also Hitmen for Destiny is absolutely hilarious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

EMUpirate posted:

Haha! Seems I wasn't the only one doing that. Also Hitmen for Destiny is absolutely hilarious!

No lie. Thanks whoever linked that, I finished it and the 'lies and wives' or whatever that was, and am now burning through the space spy one. They are really fun.