Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Or how to make sex with a sausagephone.

Best.

e: what a lovely snipe, carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

feedmyleg posted:

This is incredible. I almost want to buy it as an avatar, and I have avatars turned off.

If you wanna make it avatar sized and post what kind of text you want, I'll totally buy it for you. Not because I'm a nice guy or anything, but because I would love to see that face more often, it's like a rainbow being beamed directly into my soul.

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.
Did someone say "avatar sized"?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Hugs Boson posted:

Did someone say "avatar sized"?

This one.

I was going to suggest speeding it up, but now I think the slow-burn wonderment is better.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 4, 2012

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
EVERY FAIRY TALE NEEDS ITS HERO.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Bet you fellas can't wait for the re-release of Raimi's Spider-man movies on Blu-Ray.

'

That sweet blue background really emphasizes that it's on Blu Ray.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Spider-Man 2 2 was pretty good but Spider-Man 3 3 was absolute rubbish.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
What's "ultraviolet"?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's some appalling lazy design right there.

"We gotta release these before the new film comes out and no one wants to see these stinkers again."

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 4, 2012

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

What's "ultraviolet"?

A digital cloud locker for movies.

http://www.uvvu.com/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's some appalling lazy design right there.

"We gotta release these before the new film comes out and no one wants to see these stinkers again."

Pretty much.

I can't believe those are real, hahaha.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Crow_Robot posted:

It's like something I would have hobbled together in my first year in design the night before it was due.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Seriously, were those spider-man covers made in paint? I'm pretty sure the background is the default bright blue. So jarring and so :effort: at the same time.

Croisquessein posted:

Those character posters could work if they came off as Warholesque but they just look like bad colorization of a black and white photo.
I initially thought that they may have been going for something like that, as a nod to the original 60s Dark Shadows soap opera which was in black & white for its first few seasons and known for its weird special effects and sloppy production. Would be pretty odd to have an obscure callback like that as part of the main advertising campaign aimed at a general audience though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Are they being sold individually or do they come as part of a set?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Are they being sold individually or do they come as part of a set?

Individually I do believe. Also one of the features of each movie is that it comes in "collectible O-Ring packaging".

I have no idea what the gently caress that means but honestly it terrifies me.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The blue is less offensive here:

Still terrible.

Edit: ah caught! V V

A little more digging seemed to imply that the black was just a test, or pre-release or what have you, but that they settled on blue.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 4, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Why'd you edit?

Tears In A Vial posted:

The covers here are in black instead of blue?

http://www.mubis.es/noticias/relanzamiento-de-la-trilogia-spider-man-en-blu-ray

It's amazing how much better they looks. Still not exciting or anything, but not bizarrely incompetent.

I'd say (hope) the black is the final product.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

The black looks so much better why on earth did they settle on blue.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Spider-Man colours, maybe?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The black does look better but they both look lazy as gently caress.

One would think that more effort would be put into a product being sold, let alone a COLLECTION of movies. One that people may have around for a long time to come.

But I guess not v:shobon:v

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm willing to bet I can do those covers in photoshop in about an hour and the bulk of the hour would be downloading/installing photoshop. That's just so loving lazy.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I don't get what was so wrong with the original Spiderman DVD artworks. They where fine, why not re use them? The new ones look like a cheap tacky knock off you'd expect to find being released by Asylum when the new one comes out.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't understand this at all, because I own the entire Spider-Man trilogy on blu-ray that I picked up in a box-set for really cheap and it looks nothing like those ones. Why wouldn't they just stick with what they had when they saw what the end result of the redesign was going to be?

microwave casserole
Jul 5, 2005

my god, what are you doing
It's possible that the actual covers are shiny blue-black or some other effect that doesn't show in still images.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Slasherfan posted:

I don't get what was so wrong with the original Spiderman DVD artworks. They where fine, why not re use them? The new ones look like a cheap tacky knock off you'd expect to find being released by Asylum when the new one comes out.

I would guess that the forthcoming New One is the reason they've changed the covers. Their poster design for ASM probably looks quite a lot like the ones for the Raimi movies. That's not a problem when it's a poster in a cinema because most cinemas don't keep retro posters on the walls, but it's a big problem when you release it for the home as it'll end up sharing shelf space with the originals. People may think the disc for the new movie is the old one that they already own or don't want.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I am ashamed to say it took a little bit of time to realize that the DVDs that kept saying "plus Ultraviolet" were NOT, in fact, giving away the lovely Milla Jovovich movie as some weird sort of "bonus."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

oldpainless posted:

I am ashamed to say it took a little bit of time to realize that the DVDs that kept saying "plus Ultraviolet" were NOT, in fact, giving away the lovely Milla Jovovich movie as some weird sort of "bonus."

I thought that too the first several times I heard it. I kept thinking "Man, they must REALLY want people to watch that garbage rear end movie." Then I realized it was just a dumb name for a digital copy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have that movie... because I sort of just turn off any rational thought when it comes to Milla Jovovich and buy anything she's in.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Codependent Poster posted:

I have that movie... because I sort of just turn off any rational thought when it comes to Milla Jovovich and buy anything she's in.

You must've bought so many unrelated films that we're giving it away for free then.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

If you haven't visited http://www.wrongsideoftheart.com/ before, you should...

Awesome, or Awesome?

Yul Brynner stone cold shoots a motherfucker in the face, on the poster :o:

[Click both for huuuge]

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thanks for the link, this site is great. Apparently in the 30s there was a documentary about a guy stabbing everything in the ocean:

I love the style of vintage creature feature posters, but a cranky turtle and a goofy-looking octopus? Those are some of the least menacing sea monsters ever.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Actually, a giant pacific octopus will gently caress your poo poo up. While slow to anger, if they do come after you they can easily drown you. Their intelligence really shows in that the few times they've attacked divers, they frequently try and pull the divers regulator out of their mouth. The big ones too will frequently attack and eat sharks.

Embiggen
Jan 12, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Actually, a giant pacific octopus will gently caress your poo poo up. While slow to anger, if they do come after you they can easily drown you. Their intelligence really shows in that the few times they've attacked divers, they frequently try and pull the divers regulator out of their mouth. The big ones too will frequently attack and eat sharks.
Oh, I'm sure that's true, I meant the illustration of the octopus is goofy and unthreatening by movie monster standards. For something called "KILLERS OF THE SEA" I'd expect something a lot more pulpy and ridiculous, like:

Maybe not that over the top, but definitely more imposing and scary to make the stabbing more of an accomplishment. I guess it being a documentary made them tone it down a bit? The octopus got someone tangled in its tentacles but its simple features make it look adorably confused about the whole situation. :3:

Captain Geech
Mar 14, 2008

I've made a huge mistake.

Embiggen posted:

Thanks for the link, this site is great. Apparently in the 30s there was a documentary about a guy stabbing everything in the ocean:

I love the style of vintage creature feature posters, but a cranky turtle and a goofy-looking octopus? Those are some of the least menacing sea monsters ever.

What a dick. What the gently caress did that turtle ever do to him?! :mad:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Captain Geech posted:

What a dick. What the gently caress did that turtle ever do to him?! :mad:

It's like the shark wants to save his fins so he told the guy that turtles are worth much more in Chinese restaurants.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Awesome, or Awesome?

Yul Brynner stone cold shoots a motherfucker in the face, on the poster :o:

[Click both for huuuge]

Ernie Hudson and Mister T?!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Ernie Hudson and Mister T?!

Yeah, that one's about a young man who is a boxer who's going to make it to the top of middleweight boxing and is trained by Mr. T. Ernie Hudson's the villain who blackmails him or something and takes his sister hostage before the big fight (which takes place in the prison because the much coveted title is apparently being held by an inmate). It features Mr. T killing Ernie Hudson with his bare hands.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Embiggen posted:

Oh, I'm sure that's true, I meant the illustration of the octopus is goofy and unthreatening by movie monster standards. For something called "KILLERS OF THE SEA" I'd expect something a lot more pulpy and ridiculous, like:

Maybe not that over the top, but definitely more imposing and scary to make the stabbing more of an accomplishment. I guess it being a documentary made them tone it down a bit? The octopus got someone tangled in its tentacles but its simple features make it look adorably confused about the whole situation. :3:

That woman is loitering on his beach!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, that one's about a young man who is a boxer who's going to make it to the top of middleweight boxing and is trained by Mr. T. Ernie Hudson's the villain who blackmails him or something and takes his sister hostage before the big fight (which takes place in the prison because the much coveted title is apparently being held by an inmate). It features Mr. T killing Ernie Hudson with his bare hands.

The whole Penitentiary trilogy is worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The whole Penitentiary trilogy is worth watching.

The only one I've seen is the one where Luke from General Hospital is a gay crime lord who runs his empire from behind bars.