Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Satanos posted:

Game of Thrones starting up again reminded me that the Troll Prince is basically Joffrey. The Troll King seems like a guy with actual reasons for his actions, as evil as they might appear, but the Troll Prince is just an entitled poo poo.

Game of Trolls.

alt. Song of Ice and Fire Flowers

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm trying to make a Game of Thrones parody opening for TGT, going to use this as opening narration.

Hurry up NutritiousSnack! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

In the same vein of a TgT Adult Swim show, I recommend checking out 12 Oz. Mouse. It's an Adult Swim show with extremely crude drawings, random, off the walls characters, and a silly, nonsensical mess of a plot that somehow manages to build upon itself and transform into something legitimately good. It can definitely be hard to get into, especially the first two or three episodes (which were designed with no over arching plot in mind) but give it some time and it really begins to shine.

Sadly it was canceled after a huge revelation and ended on somewhat of a cliff hanger :(

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

FrenchToasty posted:

This panel breaks my heart. :smith:

I am genuinely impressed by how lazerbot has managed to capture that heart-wrenching emotion on his face in this and the other Luigi panels.

If I were to draw this in MSPaint, or even in Photoshop, given that my character finally found their parents after a lifetime's search, only to end up being cruelly unwanted by them, I just... I wouldn't have a clue how to draw his face!

Genuinely impressed.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

The MSJ posted:

Sometimes I get "Eat Cheese! Eat Cheese!" stuck in my head.

I would sell my soul to hear Dethklok cover that song.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

FrenchToasty posted:

This panel breaks my heart. :smith:

The worst part is, every time I play "Super Mario Bros." from now on, this tragic back-story will be lurking in the back of my mind...

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I wonder if Wario and Waluigi will be appearing in the comic later or if they were only mentioned for continuities sake.

I'm not sure which outcome I'd like more.

Wario and Waluigi are pretty much the trolls of the Mario universe. I have a feeling that Lazerbot is foreshadowing something. :v:

Seriously though, i honestly cannot believe how this comic keeps topping itself. :allears: It's really a modern masterpiece.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

A shame lazerbot went in and changed it; well that's ONE word that's not longer canan. :colbert:

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 4, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I really want to see Wario and Waluigi in TGT, if only to see whether or not Lazerbot can rival Brawl in the Family when it comes to hilarious interpretations of Waluigi.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Aw, canan was funnier.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Aw, canan was funnier.

I don't consider cannon canon.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Looking at picture of the troll king's story I just realized his wife is a buttertroll.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Upmarket Mango posted:

In the same vein of a TgT Adult Swim show, I recommend checking out 12 Oz. Mouse. It's an Adult Swim show with extremely crude drawings, random, off the walls characters, and a silly, nonsensical mess of a plot that somehow manages to build upon itself and transform into something legitimately good. It can definitely be hard to get into, especially the first two or three episodes (which were designed with no over arching plot in mind) but give it some time and it really begins to shine.

Sadly it was canceled after a huge revelation and ended on somewhat of a cliff hanger :(

Hey there only other person who loved 12oz Mouse buddy. :(:hf::(

They tried a web show but it completely fizzled after one episode. Well, at least nothing can ever take away the feeling of staying up till 4am watching a marathon and realizing there was a plot.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wandering Knitter posted:

Hey there only other person who loved 12oz Mouse buddy. :(:hf::(

They tried a web show but it completely fizzled after one episode. Well, at least nothing can ever take away the feeling of staying up till 4am watching a marathon and realizing there was a plot.
I think I watched a part of one episode (maybe the first) and absolutely hated it.

Superjail supremacy.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

JazzFlight posted:

I love you guys. So god drat much

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Radiapathy posted:

Just this.

Can someone repost this? All I'm getting is a "image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available".

\/\/\/ Thanks!

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 4, 2012

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Young Freud posted:

Can someone repost this? All I'm getting is a "image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available".

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

I'm kind of disappointed he's not named Bario but honestly this is so awesome I can overlook that.

K-ario, L-uigi, M-ario.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
This is killing me. Each page gets funnier than the last.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well Manicured Man posted:

I really want to see Wario and Waluigi in TGT, if only to see whether or not Lazerbot can rival Brawl in the Family when it comes to hilarious interpretations of Waluigi.

There Will Be Brawl's Waluigi is still my favorite.

noggut
Jan 15, 2008

Some Other Guy posted:

K-ario, L-uigi, M-ario.

Woah, nice. Maybe their unknown younger brother Oario will join the fight too.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Defiance Industries posted:

There Will Be Brawl's Waluigi is still my favorite.

Oh man, too bad Kirby already had a cameo, because There Will Be Brawl's Kirby as a troll would be incredible.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

noggut posted:

Woah, nice. Maybe their unknown younger brother Oario will join the fight too.

Ouigi, the brother with the sixth sense.

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
Man, is it bad that I keep checking this thread and get kind of anxious when there are no updates? I NEED to know what'll happ=>
en next.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Sidenote: anyone not reading Hitmen for Destiny really ought to if they like this at all:

Here's a sample:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php?view=archive&chapter=35079

It starts here:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

Sidenote: anyone not reading Hitmen for Destiny really ought to if they like this at all:

Here's a sample:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php?view=archive&chapter=35079

loving magical :allears:

If this guy just wrote a book or outsourced the art and had a editor this story would be interesting enough to be a produce I would buy.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Some Other Guy posted:

K-ario, L-uigi, M-ario.

So maybe the mom is named Tuigi?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Elmer is objectively the best character. He's not hungry for duck or wabbit. What more explanation do you need, y'know?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

DrManiac posted:

If this guy just wrote a book or outsourced the art and had a editor this story would be interesting enough to be a produce I would buy.

Are you implying there's something wrong with the art? :colbert:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

DrManiac posted:

The art is my favorite part to be honest.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

NTT posted:

A shame lazerbot went in and changed it; well that's ONE word that's not longer canan. :colbert:

What the gently caress? Lazerbot is going all George Lucas on us and ruining a masterpiece.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jelq Swagger posted:

The art is my favorite part to be honest.

You may be disappointed by "The Accidental Space Spy" then. The art is much the same, but he changed the way he draws eyes and mouths so everyone isn't walking around with giant bug eyes and an enormous toothy grin all the time. I think it's actually a really good change though, because it lets him actually show more emotions--for example, a surprised person can now have bug eyes and it stands out because they usually don't, unlike Hitmen.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So what's the deal with that armor guy? He's shown up a few times as a background character. I can only assume he's gonna be a major player at some point.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

So what's the deal with that armor guy? He's shown up a few times as a background character. I can only assume he's gonna be a major player at some point.
He's the other dragonborn, just chillin' in the Ice Chamber's. Yeah, he was in Pac-Man's flashback story, so he'll probably play a big role in the future. I'm hoping he fights Rob after Rob doesn't die from the killing word.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.
I want to see more from the troll king's disturbed son, the guy whose troll rage-face is naturally the way he looks.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

NTT posted:

A shame lazerbot went in and changed it; well that's ONE word that's not longer canan.

from the DA-comment page:

Dear Lazerbot,

there is no need to correct spelling errors in your comic. To me, they are a part of it and I truly love them.

Why, you ask? It's hard to explain. I think it has to do with rules. If I or anybody else breaks a convention, nothing good comes out. An incorrect word, a wrong note in a melody, it just feels wrong.
But your comic is something out of the world of rules. There is absolutely no need to obey them. There might be some small errors in your work, but they are all part of the whole, perfectly balanced in an unfathomable masterpiece, which defies all rules and creates a world more wonderful than I could imagine on my own.
And because of this, I think your stuff is just great and I enjoy every panel.

If there is a god, he is a gift from you.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Rencall posted:

I want to see more from the troll king's disturbed son, the guy whose troll rage-face is naturally the way he looks.

I'm pretty sure you will.

That guy is hosed up. That guy is hella hosed up. Even the other trolls think he's hosed up.

He's going to be the real final boss. He's just waiting for the right time to make his move. As soon as King Troll is at his weakest, Trollface's gonna kill his dad the same way Mario did.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think that the corrections only add to the mythos of this comic.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Spellman posted:

I think that the corrections only add to the mythos of this comic.

"Yeah, I was reading Tails Gets Trolled right as it came out. Saw the original 'canan' page live, before the author corrected it." :smug:

edit: not making fun of you, if that wasn't clear. I just like the idea of there being Tails Gets Trolled connoisseurs with an exhaustive knowledge of every detail.

arachnobot fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 5, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

He's the other dragonborn, just chillin' in the Ice Chamber's. Yeah, he was in Pac-Man's flashback story, so he'll probably play a big role in the future. I'm hoping he fights Rob after Rob doesn't die from the killing word.

Wow, I somehow never noticed that the Ice Chamber's guy was the "gently caress it. its not like we will ever see him again" guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Ok I've gone too long in this thread without claiming an avatar, I'd like to call dibs on the canan mountain death gif please.

edit: both the gifs are too large. Hmm maybe I'll go with a Kario instead.

grading essays nude fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 5, 2012