Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I figure NosmoKing is more into pleasing the starfish than octopus.

Octopus wiener snype:

SubG fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

a double wedgie was threatened?
No:

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Trip report: tried to kill my wife and cook her. She gave me a black eye and a wedgie and told me to make myself scarce for a while unless I want "another one to go along with the first one", she then pointed at my broken eye and slowly made a fist.

The bolded part informs the reader/husband that the "another one to go along with the first" refers to the punch to the eye.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
We always pled my father's side's arguable Sephardic descent as the reason we didn't worry about ktiniyot. I suspect the real reason is that peanut butter on matzah is good enough to buy more matzah than we strictly needed for the week.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Oh drat, went cheese shopping today and cheese plate dinner is the best dinner.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

GrAviTy84 posted:

Spoken like a true Inland Empirer

I don't know, I like both the Mission Burrito and the California Burrito, I prefer the former with carnitas, the latter with carne asada and while really frakin drunk.

Eh, I don't know. I grew up there (still live here) and I don't think that I've ever had a burrito with fries in it. Isn't it a bit much? Maybe I've been missing out on something serious.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I just had 12x nr 2 oysters. They were really really good.

I'm a huge wiener, so I'm still getting used to the consistency/taste. But still. Holy poo poo they were good.

(@ Mr. Hat and Dane and other danes I haven't noticed yet, it was at Fishmarket. My first visit, and won't be my last)

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Walk Away posted:

Eh, I don't know. I grew up there (still live here) and I don't think that I've ever had a burrito with fries in it. Isn't it a bit much? Maybe I've been missing out on something serious.

Go to a Santana's or a Roberto's, then you'll understand. Some places it's also called a "stoner burrito" or a "surfer burrito". Make sure you get the grilled green onions.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Darval posted:

I just had 12x nr 2 oysters. They were really really good.

I'm a huge wiener, so I'm still getting used to the consistency/taste. But still. Holy poo poo they were good.

(@ Mr. Hat and Dane and other danes I haven't noticed yet, it was at Fishmarket. My first visit, and won't be my last)

Eat the oysters - it is what seperates us from the hordes of civilization!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Walk Away posted:

Where in the IE are you? Cali burritos are great when drunk but it is quite a bit much. Nevertheless you should still try one. Def at Santana's.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh drat, went cheese shopping today and cheese plate dinner is the best dinner.
Had a couple of those in Paris on the weekend. Not only is eating all that delicious cheese terrific (and we still are, after stuffing the remainders into our suitcase), but going to the local market to buy the cheese and talk go the fromagerie men is great fun too. They had no Venezuelan beaver cheese :argh:

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Walk Away posted:

Next thing you'll be making chip butties and it's all over my friend.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sweat poteto posted:

Next thing you'll be making chip butties and it's all over my friend.

I just can't take a country that eats something called a "chip butty" seriously

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

My "day off" had me up at 7 starting a fire in the smoker this morning. 9 pounds of beautiful pork butt are now residing in it. Going to the Mets game this afternoon, will throw an extra log or two in there before I leave and ask someone to keep an eye on it. I decree that baseball/BBQ season have begun.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

GrAviTy84 posted:

Where in the IE are you? Cali burritos are great when drunk but it is quite a bit much. Nevertheless you should still try one. Def at Santana's.

I live in Rancho but I work out in Redlands. I don't get drunk. I actually rarely drink, but maybe I should check this thing out anyway for the sake of...science.

Edit: Where is this Santana's that you speak of?

Walk Away fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 5, 2012

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Go to a Santana's or a Roberto's, then you'll understand. Some places it's also called a "stoner burrito" or a "surfer burrito". Make sure you get the grilled green onions.
Roberto's is so bad, though. At least it is in Vegas. Next time you're down here, try Tacos el Gordo on Charleston just east of Maryland. Most of the chain is in Mexico City, but for some reason they decided to put one here to spread the light of amazing tacos. They've got carne asada, cabeza, tripas, and the king of all tacos, adobada. And these grilled green onions and jalapenos that bore their way through me in less than an hour, they're magical.

I mean seriously, look at this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
That is Mr. Al loving Pastor right there.

Edit: Or more properly, Señor Al Chingada Pastor.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I just can't take a country that eats something called a "chip butty" seriously

I like to follow up my chip butty with a spotted dick.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I didn't know there was a Roberto's in Vegas. Actually I didn't know they had really expanded outside of run down old Taco Bell buildings in southern california. Which is incidentally where you find Santana's most of the time.

Does the Roberto's in Vegas offer tacos de sesos? This is the determining factor of it's authenticity. If not, it's either an imposter or that group of resturaunts has fallen sadly in the dozen years I've lived in Nevada.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

zerox147o posted:

My "day off" had me up at 7 starting a fire in the smoker this morning. 9 pounds of beautiful pork butt are now residing in it. Going to the Mets game this afternoon, will throw an extra log or two in there before I leave and ask someone to keep an eye on it. I decree that baseball/BBQ season have begun.

Does baseball season ever really begin when you root for the mets?

or the O's

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

The Macaroni posted:

That is Mr. Al loving Pastor right there.

Edit: Or more properly, Señor Al Chingada Pastor.
Actually that's Señor Al Chingada Adobada.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I didn't know there was a Roberto's in Vegas. Actually I didn't know they had really expanded outside of run down old Taco Bell buildings in southern california. Which is incidentally where you find Santana's most of the time.

Does the Roberto's in Vegas offer tacos de sesos? This is the determining factor of it's authenticity. If not, it's either an imposter or that group of resturaunts has fallen sadly in the dozen years I've lived in Nevada.
I've never asked for tacos de sesos, but they're not on the website menu (which says they have locations in SoCal as well, so it's probably the same outfit). Maybe it's an off-menu kind of thing. There are probably 30 Roberto's locations around Vegas, many of them close to other taquerias. Up in NLV they're mostly recognizable as the only restaurant with English on their signage, which I don't regard as a sign of quality.

That said, they make good drunk food and have a location near most of the good bars in town. They're handy and not terrible. That counts for a lot.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every few months I make a trip to the Asian market and buy sauces that I don't recognize, or haven't used before. I'm going to get some with the pissed off Chinese woman today, anything else that's kind of out there I should try?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You've done XO sauce already?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Here in Arizona they're just called California burritos.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

bartolimu posted:

Tacos el Gordo

Oh hey, there's one in Temecula. May have to try it next time I'm out there.

Steve Yun posted:

+1

Walk Away posted:

I live in Rancho but I work out in Redlands. I don't get drunk. I actually rarely drink, but maybe I should check this thing out anyway for the sake of...science.

Edit: Where is this Santana's that you speak of?

There are a few here in Riverside.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

I have not, but I will.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

bartolimu posted:

Actually that's Señor Al Chingada Adobada.
For reals? I've never seen that. I'm used to anything on a rotating broiler being al pastor. And it looks a hell of a lot better than the al pastor I'm used to. Next time I'm in Vegas, I'm all over that.

Not so many business trips at the new job though, so it's gonna be a bit. :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Does baseball season ever really begin when you root for the mets?

or the O's

I like to think the baseball seasons half full. Wait, I did that wrong.

Anywho, just came in from the game to the smoker a little under temped but thankfully still going. Threw some fresh fuel in and am hoping to hit my 730 dinner time. Lot of work emails though while I was out at my "lunch meeting"...

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Slightly off-topic but I love that the first chick hatched in this year's Chickam is named Wiggles. :3:

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

dino. posted:

Mind you, I'm whining /way/ more than I should be, because I can still use any herb, garlic, onions, any vegetable, and any fruit, with no problems. The whole no grains, legumes, peas, or seeds is just making me mildly annoyed, because it's severely limiting what I can offer as specials for folk who are undergoing the Passover thing, because in a vegan restaurant, grains, legumes, and seeds form entire food groups for us. XD
Lordy, that's a hell of a set of restrictions.

"Enjoy your Passover tater tots, folks."

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

I like turtles posted:

Here in Arizona they're just called California burritos.

I heard that in France they call french toast "toast".

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

wafflesnsegways posted:

"Toast royale with cheese"

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

"Toast royale with cheese"
semi related:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

GrAviTy84 posted:

semi related:

:golfclap:

Having watched the movie, I can only agree.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

wafflesnsegways posted:

I know you're being funny, but it's called pain perdu, or lost bread.

The French aren't big on toast like we are, though I stayed with a woman who bought tiny, storebought toasts and ate them occasionally with breakfast. Most French have access to some sort of patisserie along their daily commute and awesome breads - and what we consider French bread usually doesn't toast super well for a number of reasons. So they buy pre-toasted toast.

Fun fact, the sandwich bread that most Americans buy is called pain de mie, where mie means the crumb of the bread (as opposed to bread crumbs). It's because there's so much mie and so little croûte.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

KozmoNaut posted:

:golfclap:

Having watched the movie, I can only agree.

I liked the first book; I don't want to watch the movie since I have such a vivid idea in my mind of how things should look. Katniss, for example, looks just wrong to me. (Of course, the actress is drat hot, but still, not what I had in mind at all.)

I couldn't get past the first few chapters of the second book. I heard the third book was even worse.

And if I lived in France, I wouldn't eat toast either. I'd eat butter and baguettes and croissants every day, and die of diabetes and a heart attack all at once.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

pnumoman posted:

I liked the first book; I don't want to watch the movie since I have such a vivid idea in my mind of how things should look. Katniss, for example, looks just wrong to me. (Of course, the actress is drat hot, but still, not what I had in mind at all.)

I couldn't get past the first few chapters of the second book. I heard the third book was even worse.

And if I lived in France, I wouldn't eat toast either. I'd eat butter and baguettes and croissants every day, and die of diabetes and a heart attack all at once.

You forgot chocolate. It's a thing to butter up baguettes and dip them in chocolates of various drinkability.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

mediaphage posted:

You forgot chocolate. It's a thing to butter up baguettes and dip them in chocolates of various drinkability.

How could I forget? I remember the first time I saw someone have a baguette and chocolate; it was one of Jacques Pepin's shows, and I immediately went out and bought a good baguette and a bar of nice bittersweet chocolate. I was in heaven for the next twenty minutes.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Finally escaping north central Florida today! New York, how I have missed you.

Also remembered that I have polenta and pork chops and cabbage in my fridge that has been abandoned for two weeks. This is gonna suck.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my puff pastry puffed too much and my hand pies exploded all over the oven. Time to salvage something with the second half of my dough.

Edit: Maybe I'll call em pietacos and pretend they were supposed to do this.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Oh sweet mother Mary, I just went to this little Jamaican place in town that I haven't been to before. Tiny place, nowhere to sit so take out only. Me and my fiance ordered a two item meal with jerk chicken, honey garlic ribs which comes with seasoned rice with kidney beans and a beef patty on the side. Holy poo poo, it's a good thing we got to share because the portions are HUGE. Its delicious, I'm glad to see a small business flourishing, he also only sells his stuff fresh and closes down for the day when he runs out. Time for food coma.