Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Chapter 5 Song is Complete! High Shovel, ya'll!

The Word of Death (Song for Chapter 5)

bowser i was waiting for you
but your to late
the trolls will die
and so will you
its hard to see with my eyes closed
yoshi!!!

bowser you can try all you want but
your nothing but a fail!!!
ill shoot you down
this was fun but i got places to be

[CHORUS]
cu*****nt

DONT gently caress WITH ME rear end whole
right here buddy
this might be off the subject but
what the hells with your arm hulk
we need a flawless plan.

unlike our last plans
damnit i should of saw this coming
dam you luigi and your sneak attacks
this is for toad kingdom
are you supriced?

(chorus)

that's the robots check plate?
yes i grabed it after he died
i will kill all of you with this star!!!!
every one covor your ears
bring me the robots arm!

the shirt peace is for the sint
the scroll is blue prints
man that water park was fun.
ive seen you on tv your doug
no poo poo shurlock
a you was wrong would of be enough

(chorus)

we are a secret group thats fighting the trolls.
even the trolls dont know of us.
we stay in the shadows
we are called the defenders
im done with these trolls
its about time they have been taken down for good

doug's dog was gang banged to death by the trolls
tails you seem to be true and filled with heart
it is was not a Quintessence
us meating today
you may be the key
to defeating the trolls

(chorus)

[BRIDGE]
wakka wakka
what happen?
pacman run!!!
thoughs eyes
after that day i couldn't
stop myself from saying wakka
everytime i talked

(chorus)
it's the word of death

----
And as always, a link to the previous chapters' songs:
(with Music Video)

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

JFlight, I need to ask you a favor. It's very important to me but I will understand if you say no. Will you be the band for my wedding?

I haven't talked it over with her yet but if she has a problem I will have her read Tails Gets Trolled. Dumb rear end will learn.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Defiance Industries posted:

JFlight, I need to ask you a favor. It's very important to me but I will understand if you say no. Will you be the band for my wedding?

I haven't talked it over with her yet but if she has a problem I will have her read Tails Gets Trolled. Dumb rear end will learn.
Sounds good to me! Can I sing into my iPad like I've been doing for these songs because that's about all I can do besides playing clarinet.

Funny note, I had to edit the song link really quick because I realized I named the song and sang "The Killing Word" instead of "The Word of Death." Too much memory of David Lynch's Dune movie, I guess. I do love that line in that film.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Remember that "Trolls Get Tailed" comic someone made and posted in this thread earlier? Here's some more. From this guy:
http://kalluafc.deviantart.com/

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

I have never laughed harder at the word 'CUUUUNT'

vvvvv The others are utter poo poo but I like this one v:shobon:v

Eox fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 6, 2012

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST

The MSJ posted:

Remember that "Trolls Get Tailed" comic someone made and posted in this thread earlier? Here's some more. From this guy:

Is it just me or is he trying too hard to be funny?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sherd Red posted:

Is it just me or is he trying too hard to be funny?

He's no lazerbot, that's for sure. But the one with Rob did actually make me laugh for the exaggerated display of the Earless Dragonborn's power. That, and the Troll King getting killed at the bottom.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I loved the ending to the Sonic comic.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006
I thought they were pretty funny, especially Big Bird.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cechmanek posted:

I loved the ending to the Sonic comic.

Sonic's dream of a world without villains is just that, a dream. Reality is too harsh for one such as him to survive in, both morally and physically.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I don't think they're funny.
lol I'm being random zomg ice cream amirite guiz-style non sequitur very rarely is. Monkey Cheese!

The humour in Tails Gets Trolled isn't as random as it seems at first glance.
All the punch lines are very deliberate and paced just right.

Lazerbot is an amazing writer, really.
This guy tried to copy his style but didn't quite understand what made the original so good in the first place.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Simmerl posted:

This guy tried to copy his style but didn't quite understand what made the original so good in the first place.

dumb rear end will learn.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Georgia Peach posted:

dumb rear end will learn.

I don't think you can quite learn to be oblivious.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Zoinker posted:

Heck! I can sort of understand Batman not killing him, but the fact that no one else has boggles me, considering the untold number of people he should realistically have royally pissed off. A Batman concept I would like to see would involve the Joker simply being gunned down by a relative of one of his random victims, just some nobody with a gun and a grudge, and the rest of the story would then explore the aftermath of that.

I've always want to see Joker get caught in Texas, chuckling how he'll get put into a low-security mental hospital where he can make his escape. Then someone informs him that Texas doesn't do poo poo like that :clint: and he's going to Huntsville where he'll end up getting a needle in his arm and the Joker's smile turns into a droopy frown.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Another day, another page:

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

I've always rolled my eyes at fan fiction, scoffed at the paintings and drawings people did of video games, and never took any of this stuff seriously. But I'm completely into this and can't wait to see what's next.

Lazerbot's also getting good at capturing emotions in the character's faces. Mario looks genuinely anguished in that top corner.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

drat, I should have waited to read that last page.
I'm on the edge of my seat! Word of death incoming?

I love that the troll king said "get use to it," as it really ties together nicely with Mario's own flashback.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Mario cries "here i go" instead of his trademark "here we go" because, with the death of Luigi, there really is no "we" anymore. There is only Mario, and the things he feels he must destroy. Quite tragic, I think.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Working on a song called "Trolls be Trollin". Seriously though, I'm surprised it took this long.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Seriously? THAT'S Mario's plan? Throw a loving koopa shell? What the gently caress Mario, it's not even a blue shell. There's something much more sinister afoot.

Why the hell am I reading this and why can't I turn away...

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The MSJ posted:

I did a reading of the first one but gently caress that. Half of it is just gibberish.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

Simmerl posted:

Lazerbot is an amazing writer, really.
I laughed at both of them. The one with Big Bird is all a big setup for the bottom of the page, and the Rob one is crazily excessive at the end.

If you simply don't think it's funny, that's one thing, but he's going for a very different kind of joke from Lazerbot, and only using TGT as a starting point. This is more Tim and Eric kinda stuff.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Mario cries "here i go" instead of his trademark "here we go" because, with the death of Luigi, there really is no "we" anymore. There is only Mario, and the things he feels he must destroy. Quite tragic, I think.

I could have sworn there was a game where Mario says "Here I go." I can't remember what game though.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

In a strange twist, lazerbot progressively and rapidly improves his art style as the story goes on. By the end he's writing on the level of the literary greats and drawing at an equivalent level. It turns out that all of Tails Gets Trolled is a post-modern masterpiece crafted by a creative virtuouso exploring the human reaction to such work and change.

Kit Walker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 6, 2012

No-Jokes Feynman
Sep 14, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Subtlety is where the laffs are. Keep trying fanfic guy. I love mspaint.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
And keep in mind that lazerbot does all of this with a mouse. Not only that, he adds several layers of color to make everything deeper and more interesting, unlike other lazy webcomic artists.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
I haven't given this much of a poo poo about Mario since I was 9 years old at the Nintendo World Championships.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Bonsai Superstar posted:

I haven't given this much of a poo poo about Mario since I was 9 years old at the Nintendo World Championships.

Did yo
u win?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Someone on DA asked Lazerbot if Deckard was a Replicant. His response was:

Will all those moments be lost in time like tears in rain?
yeah but they will always be in memery and they will be replace with new ones and so on

Maybe this shows my faith in humanity but I am legit surprised this guy knows his Bladerunner.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I'm pretty sure Lazerbot is that autistic kid from The Wizard.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm pretty sure Lazerbot is that autistic kid from The Wizard.

...Fred Savage?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Parallax Scroll posted:

I could have sworn there was a game where Mario says "Here I go." I can't remember what game though.

Is that not Luigi in mario kart 64 when he uses a speed-boost mushroom?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dewgy posted:

...Fred Savage?
No, no, the other one. What's-his-name. Mario.

Rencall
May 30, 2006

My existence is that which you fear.
The troll king says "get use to it" about Luigi's death the same way Mario told Luigi to "get use to it" about his parent's death.

This either shows their similarity to one another and hypocrisy....

Or it shows Lazerbot's inability to expand his vocabulary.

You decide!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Radiapathy posted:

I laughed at both of them. The one with Big Bird is all a big setup for the bottom of the page, and the Rob one is crazily excessive at the end.

If you simply don't think it's funny, that's one thing, but he's going for a very different kind of joke from Lazerbot, and only using TGT as a starting point. This is more Tim and Eric kinda stuff.

Incidentally, Tim and Eric is also not funny

Is this taken
Mar 30, 2011

thats so fucking cool

Rencall posted:

The troll king says "get use to it" about Luigi's death the same way Mario told Luigi to "get use to it" about his parent's death.

You decide!

Or the troll king is throwing Mario's justification for his crimes in his face.

He did just listen to his whole backstory after all.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

total agreement posted:

Another day, another page:

You can tell he's going to lose because he drew those frustrated anime eyes he saw the dude use in Naruto.

That DICK! posted:

Incidentally, Tim and Eric is also not funny

loving thank you.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Rencall posted:

You decide!

I interpret it as an ironic echo, either intentionally by the troll, as Is this taken said, or on a meta-level.

Loving the tears streaming back from his eyes in panel 4. It's those little details.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Nilbop posted:

You can tell he's going to lose because he drew those frustrated anime eyes he saw the dude use in Naruto.

You can also tell because Naruto's flashback-before-death rule was applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clearly every misspelling and every odd word wrap split has deep extranarrative significance.

Let's get some numerology up in this.