Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Agreed posted:

Elmer is objectively the best character. He's not hungry for duck or wabbit. What more explanation do you need, y'know?

Oh for sure, I mean, I think it's kind of a representation of modern Democrats and Republicans, you know? The ducks are Republicans, the rabbits are Democrats...honestly, I think lazerbot is trying to convey a narrative of the modern US lawmaking system.

And he's not hungry for either? Sounds like the 99%...

...:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

I hope Lazerbot stays shrouded in mystery. My vote is on genius, though. I bet he could even pass the literacy test to be a Goon if he really wanted to, but he prefers to keep himself relatively hidden. I hope he keeps it this way!

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

That DICK! posted:

Incidentally, Tim and Eric is also not funny

No, it's funny.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Mr. Bonky posted:

No, it's funny.
I used to watch a lot of adult swim, and I have only ever laughed once at Tim and Eric. Only once. Every other time it was banal and annoying on the verge of being painful.

There's a reason it's only got a 15 minute runtime.

Fake edit: it was the first time I saw the shrimp and white wine brothers, because I know douches like that IRL.

Actual edit: gently caress you troll t(-_-t)

visceril fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 7, 2012

No-Jokes Feynman
Sep 14, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
:siren:Hopefully derail posts are amusing

A lot of things stop being funny when they are old, but if something is very new and very creative, then you either laugh or that is not your thing. Tim and Eric and Tails Gets Trolled are both weird and neat. Here is a clip from their astrophysics documentary:

This is how he describes the wonder

edit - to be clear, I laughed at the T&E intro sequence almost every time, not to mention the show

No-Jokes Feynman fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 7, 2012

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Tim and Eric has never been funny.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

visceril posted:

There's a reason it's only got a 15 minute runtime.

Like almost every other Adult Swim show?

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Redeadagain posted:

Rats off to ya, buddy.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Truth posted:

:colbert:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Redeadagain posted:

You shut the gently caress up right now.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Jackie D posted:

Sir, did I stutter?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Jackie D posted:

This is great because I see your avatar saying it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

C'mon guys. Let's cut out the derails. Unless you're acknowledging that Tim and Eric fuckin sucks in which case, keep 'em coming.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
e: I used to think Jim and Derrick weren't funny but then I discovered marijuana

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 2, 2013

No-Jokes Feynman
Sep 14, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I am Reverend posted:

e: and it's funny because John C. Reilly is funny. Tim and Eric are not funny.

You shut up
/

Tim and Eric wrote what John said. Tim and Eric write the Old Spice commercials which force me to laugh, despite my refusal to give any respect to commercials.

If you had stumbled upon this Tails Gets Trolled when some random GBS poster made a thread, would you have thought, immediately: "this is laugh-worthy"?

Or do you realize that it must be laugh-worthy only after several pages of recommendation?

edit - I believe I experience comedy in a way which is fundamentally different from the way many people experience it: I imagine the dudes at a table talking about which jokes will go out. I imagine turbolazer, or the writers of my favorite comedy show, sitting at their desk. They think "this is what will be published" after a heated discussion. The discussion is also funny, but they don't often record it. You have to use your imagination; if that's your thing.

No-Jokes Feynman fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 7, 2012

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Can we take this derail to the Adult Swim forums where it belongs? Or at least move the derail to Debate and Discussion?

Lazerbot, who reads this thread, might stop updating if suddenly our praise turns into a Tim and Eric flame war.

E: I thought that all the new posts this evening were because Lazerbot made a new page. I have my opinions of Tim and Eric but I'm keeping my mouth shut because
OPINIONS ON TI->
M AND ERIC DO'NT
BELONG IN A THR
->EAD THIS GLORIOUS.

Backweb fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 7, 2012

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Breaking news: people on the internet have different tastes in comedy!

This thread is about Tails Gets Trolled bringing us together. Come on guys. No villains.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

I think it's about time for Lazerbot to add Tim and Eric into the comic, possibly as trolls.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Rustie posted:

Come on guys. No villains.

That's a really important step in understanding the significance of TGT. No villains - and no heroes - calls to us, entices us to play at the question of the question. What do we ask of TGT? What do we ask of ourselves? A metatextual analysis, the yearning for truth at any cost (of self, Other; of the very horizon of projection?) forces us to embrace a sort of negation of self, but allows the not-us or audience-as-such to appreciate the polysemous meaning as a gestalt of not-our interaction with the text: as historiography which takes into account the biological history of the text and the author; in a hermeneutic effort to decipher the intended meaning by embracing the aesthetic-apparent; deconstruction in defiance of the concept of intended meaning; and as a projection of our own trauma, Levinas' (by way of Bergo) "defenseless nudity" in encountering the prospect that interpretation itself and thus meaning is simply supererogatory, an epiphenomenon without relation to being. So we are left with only a Trace, and no clear ethics. The price we pay couldn't be higher, but the sacrifice of the significance of self is a negotiation with the text, and our best means of accepting that which denies a single explanation lest we destroy it. This fragile harmony is all that can matter.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 7, 2012

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I need a glorious avatar representing my love of this comic. Any recommendations? I literally can't decide. I'm torn between 'don't worry man i killed the fat one. its all cool man. i know all about the taste of blood.', Fudd's 'i want the wabbit', or high shovel. or something better if someone has a recommendation. Also a better loving username.

More on topic though I heard a random group of people walking down the street today talking about TGT. It made my day.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Sir_Vondruke_IV posted:

More on topic though I heard a random group of people walking down the street today talking about TGT. It made my day.

You serious? :stare:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ZuljinRaynor posted:

You serious? :stare:

He better not be trolling us.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

He better not be trolling us.

I am not. Unless 'and then they shot him out of a cannon into a mountain without knowing where their base is' could mean anything else.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Sir_Vondruke_IV posted:

I am not. Unless 'and then they shot him out of a cannon into a mountain without knowing where their base is' could mean anything else.

You understand that this is hard to believe.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jackie D posted:

You understand that this is hard to believe.
Yes, but then again it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. However it is what spurred me into posting in this thread.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Sir_Vondruke_IV posted:

I need a glorious avatar representing my love of this comic. Any recommendations? I literally can't decide. I'm torn between 'don't worry man i killed the fat one. its all cool man. i know all about the taste of blood.', Fudd's 'i want the wabbit', or high shovel. or something better if someone has a recommendation. Also a better loving username.

I personally came pretty close to resizing the below panel for an avatar, I don't know why it's so funny to me.. Still makes me giggle but I held out for a dumber, more universal one and am proud to rock my :tailsstare:

Also I am disappointed that you didn't try to get a high shovel from the strangers talking about this on the street.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Not to keep dragging this out but

That DICK! posted:

C'mon guys. Let's cut out the derails. Unless you're acknowledging that Tim and Eric fuckin sucks in which case, keep 'em coming.

I'm not a big fan of Tim and Eric, but I don't really know how any could NOT like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWX4GUYGQXQ Like, if you don't enjoy this you must be broken in some fashion.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Please, brothers and sisters. Let's all come together and agree that Delocated is far worse than Tim and Eric.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

No-Jokes Feynman posted:

Tim and Eric write the Old Spice commercials
Oh, so they wrote those stupid ones with the really muscly guy. That makes so much sense.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

visceril posted:

Oh, so they wrote those stupid ones with the really muscly guy. That makes so much sense.

You have no soul.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Jackie D posted:

You have no soul.

Seconded, those are the best ads ever.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

That DICK! posted:

I'm acknowledging that Tim and Eric sucks so hopefully this isn't a derail. The only thing worth Adult Swim is Dr. Steve Brule: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOqkT-vYA6E

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If you don't understand why Tim and Eric's comedy is funny, try reading this.

I'm the biggest T&E fan there is, but I also recognize that their style is very polarizing. So enough of this derail and someone post the next page of TGT already.

No-Jokes Feynman
Sep 14, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

visceril posted:

Please do not describe which commercials are more entertaining.

No-Jokes Feynman fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 7, 2012

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can we get back to the comic now? This T&E discussion is wayyyyyy off topic :(

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
poo poo. Apparently the radiation this comic emits has given everyone in this thread autism. So it goes.

But seriously: Mario is totally screwed. Pretty sure he'll be saved at the last minute by our hooded heroes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This is rather belated, but I really love that Mario and Luigi's parents had this bizarre functional-abusive household thing going on. Kario and Unnamed Wife(?) just seemed so casual about their stimulant abuse, domestic violence, and prostitution -- if only they didn't live in a house without a door in the back door, it would have been perfect. Well, that and abandoning children who would later kill them with a baseball bat and burn down the house, but that goes without saying.

EDIT: Also, lazerbot really is getting good at drawing authentically evocative facial expressions. His art's been improving steadily as TGT goes on, but the expressions in particular have gone from hahaha-amazing to actually pretty good!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 7, 2012

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

This is rather belated, but I really love that Mario and Luigi's parents had this bizarre functional-abusive household thing going on. Kario and Unnamed Wife(?) just seemed so casual about their stimulant abuse, domestic violence, and prostitution -- if only they didn't live in a house without a door in the back door, it would have been perfect. Well, that and abandoning children who would later kill them with a baseball bat and burn down the house, but that goes without saying.

EDIT: Also, lazerbot really is getting good at drawing authentically evocative facial expressions. His art's been improving steadily as TGT goes on, but the expressions in particular have gone from hahaha-amazing to actually pretty good!

Yeah, they're a couple who know what they want in life: coke, unprotected sex, and endless domestic strife. And they're not gonna let anything get in the way of that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That DICK! posted:

The idiots that enjoy Tim and Eric are probably the same idiots that use "genius" and "brilliant" to describe TGT, like it's actually good and not some sperg's piece of poo poo webcomic for everyone to laugh at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
Now you're just being a dick. Go waddle back to your bowl of Cheetos before that blood sugar drops too low. No need for verbal villains in this thread.