Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST
Please shut the gently caress up about Tim and Eric and wait for the next page of Tails Gets Trolled to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Liku posted:

The idiots that enjoy Tim and Eric are probably the same idiots that use "genius" and "brilliant" to describe TGT, like it's actually good and not some sperg's piece of poo poo webcomic for everyone to laugh at.
Have you ever thought about finding someone to talk to so you can get over your pent up frustration issues? A friend, your parents, girlfriend - just someone who will listen.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

Please, brothers and sisters. Let's all come together and agree that Delocated is far worse than Tim and Eric.

Delocated owns, and so does Tim and Eric. I'm sorry that your humour gland got blown off in the war. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I knew anuses would tighten up at that comment as if I somewhat hate this comic. It's entertaining poo poo, but that's still all it is, poo poo. Something can be bad and entertaining at the same time.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Liku posted:

I knew anuses would tighten up at that comment as if I somewhat hate this comic. It's entertaining poo poo, but that's still all it is, poo poo. Something can be bad and entertaining at the same time.

Aren't you proud of yourself? Good job trolling us drat kids with your cutting wit and silver-tongued cynicism.

But like they've said, enough of this petty arguing about stoner comedies on Cartoon Network. I miss when people still forwarded that LBot must be some kind of molestation victim / soon-to-be murderer based on his Kario character. The last page of this thread was truly a better place.

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 7, 2012

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Liku posted:

The idiots that enjoy Tim and Eric are probably the same idiots that use "genius" and "brilliant" to describe TGT, like it's actually good and not some sperg's piece of poo poo webcomic for everyone to laugh at.

On behaf of ever=>
yone in this thread,
let me just say

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I'm surprised it took 87 pages for someone to turn this thread into a soapbox.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
gently caress, I just woke up and finally decided to click this thread... 3 1/2 hours ago.

My head and ribs and stomach hurt from laughing. About halfway through I got the link to the imgur album, (just before the defenders reveal), so everytime I saw a new character introduced I would read up the relevant posts on the forum and watch everyone react to it as I literally cried in hysterics.

This is the greatest thread I have probably ever read on the forums for sheer comedic value. I genuinely believe a lot of people would buy a physical copy of the saga if it was designed in a 'fitting' way. Like you could have one of those pull-tab things like in childrens books, pull the tab and Shadow gives you the middile finger.

e; gently caress I didn't even seen the glare turn to a smirk until now

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Creepy Goat posted:

gently caress, I just woke up and finally decided to click this thread... 3 1/2 hours ago.

My head and ribs and stomach hurt from laughing. About halfway through I got the link to the imgur album, (just before the defenders reveal), so everytime I saw a new character introduced I would read up the relevant posts on the forum and watch everyone react to it as I literally cried in hysterics.

This is the greatest thread I have probably ever read on the forums for sheer comedic value. I genuinely believe a lot of people would buy a physical copy of the saga if it was designed in a 'fitting' way. Like you could have one of those pull-tab things like in childrens books, pull the tab and Shadow gives you the middile finger.

e; gently caress I didn't even seen the glare turn to a smirk until now

And what's-his-face could shoot in an arc from the canan and smash against the hillside.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.

Liku posted:

Are you really so self-conscious that you can't even enjoy something that isn't "cool" enough without making overly vulgar excuses for yourself reading the thread?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hey, I dont want to drag on this derail but I felt the need to post this so y'all didn't think I was some heartless troll.

I get that absurdity => humor. I find things that are absurd funny--for example Goofy being sent to hell for planning 9/11 because "that's what they get for supporting Israel A'HYUCK!" in Family Guy. I also appreciate that Tim and Eric have a talent for coming up with absurdities.

However, what I think turns me off is their style and delivery. I have a strong aversion to the crappy 80s/90s effects that they use. Its like nails on a chalkboard to me whenever they mess up/mix up someone's voice with a synthesizer. And I'm not saying they don't have delivery: just that it doesn't work for me. I often feel myself confused, and then a few moments later realizing "oh, that was the joke", or vice-versa.

The biggest problem I have with their show, though, is that it's live action. When something absurd and ridiculous happens in a cartoon, I can accept it. Live-action T&E just seem like idiots when they act like cartoon characters.

Again, sorry if I offend you. I'm not trying to disparage you or Tim and Eric, I'm just trying to explain why I don't like their humor.

HOORAY
Jul 13, 2001

Liku posted:

hahah trolls be trollin

Clearly you can't see TGT for what it is--an allegory for the global war on terror.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

uwaeve posted:

On behaf of ever=>
yone in this thread,
let me just say

Remember when Everdread talked about linking that image with the triumphant sting from Back to the Future? That was the best time.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Shut the gently caress up about Tim and Eric.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Also, god loving dammit, don't report people for liking or not liking a loving TV show.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Liku posted:

I was sort of thinking this as well. While TGT is fun to read and entertaining, describing lazerbot as a genuine literary and comedic genius is a bit of a stretch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
Enough bullshit, here's more lazerbot:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Trying to be a badass while wearing a giant shoe. Oh, Mario. If only someone had given the King Troll a list of all of his attacks. :allears:

But we know he is doomed to fail, because villains is never the answer. :(

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

And just like that, as the first fists were about to be raised and blood was about to be split, Calico Heart flung wide the doors, almost spilling into the room in his hurry, bringing with him;
(COMIC)
And just like that, humanity was restored to the thread.

EDIT: God drat it I wrote that whole thing out any everything.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
He.... he stopped the shoe.... :aaa:

NOOOO :ohdear:

gently caress the word of death, nothing has made me so terrified of the Troll King than to see him shrug off Kuribo's Shoe like it was nothing.

SlothBear posted:

Trying to be a badass while wearing a giant shoe. Oh, Mario.

You better not be dissin the shoe. It was only in like one SMB3 level, but it was glorious.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I love how passively Mario goes "gently caress you" in that panel.

Also the magic of the shoe is that he's bound to be using another one underneath it and all he has to do is change the hat.

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

SlothBear posted:

Trying to be a badass while wearing a giant shoe. Oh, Mario. If only someone had given the King Troll a list of all of his attacks. :allears:

he has alot of power's
mean
while

uwaeve posted:

On behaf of ever=>
yone in this thread,
let me just say

If I had to single out a goon contribution from this thread, animated Shadow flipping off is my favorite. It's a drat tough call though, goons have really come through in this thread.
:allears:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

total agreement posted:

Awesome. I was so glad when I got to this post; if there had been 32 new posts and it was all people arguing I would have been pissed. (In other words, stop the stupid derails.)

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Uh, there is no better suit than Kuribo's Shoe. Dumbass.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It would be pretty anti climatic if mario dies without getting to use a mushroom or star man.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Koo Koo Ka-Chaw Koo Koo Ka-Chaw

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It would be pretty anti climatic if mario dies without getting to use a mushroom or star man.

I was totally expecting the star thing, but it looks like Mario was trying to give the Troll King...the boot. :rimshot:

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

total agreement posted:

Hahaha, I was wondering what suit it was gonna be, and honestly not expecting that one. Mario's facial expressions are so great. I agree with what's been said before in the thread, lazerbot really has a knack for facial expressions.

And the troll king looks so contented in the last panel.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Clearly it's time for the kid gloves to come off, Mario. Metal Mario time.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I love that Mario has the ability to just throw up smoke pellets and magically morph into one of his suits.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
So Mario's big plan was to attack doesn't-look-like-a-troll-anymore-Troll King exactly like he didn't have a plan in the first place?

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Oh my god Kuribo's shoe I totally did not see this one coming.

I thought he'd be morphing into a cape or raccoon suit or something.

Totally need to see Metal Mario or some poo poo now though.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Rustie posted:

Breaking news: people on the internet have different tastes in comedy!

This thread is about Tails Gets Trolled bringing us together. Come on guys. No villains.

gently caress you, troll.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

SlothBear posted:

Trying to be a badass while wearing a giant shoe.

Haha, it cracked me up the whole time seeing those angry DBZ expressions on Mario when it's just so drat cute :allears:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Earlier I posited that Mario would be an Ozymandias figure and unite the world against him. It now seems that my prediction was wrong.

Unfortunately, it appears Mario will be another tragic figure, consumed by his rage and pain. Just like Captain Ahab, his White Whale (and pursuit of it) will destroy him.

It seems now that there are two possible saviors in this world: Tails, taught to reject villains and reborn to redeem the soul of his closest friend, and Silver & Elmer, who have befriended and learned to accept them trolls.

Perhaps Tails will become a Christ figure and face temptations before making his sacrifice: facing the Troll King and refusing to fight back. Silver and Fudd will be his final mentors, and help him face the temptation to use villains.

The people insulting Lazerbot ITT are completely off-base. Not only does he have indisputable talent for comedy and writing an engaging narrative, his art is showing consistent improvement and he does appear to be writing a story with an overarching theme.

Maybe right now he's a little goofy, but with time and/or a good teacher he has the potential to go far. Calling him an autistic trainwreck is not only typical goon threadshitting, it's completely false.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I think the traction people are getting for overly-praising this mess is starting to lessen.

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,

Liku posted:

That's the genius of it. It's not entirely intentional. Kind of like Troll 2. You seem rather heartless, so I will assume you don't find it funny either.

Anyway, to end this derail of hate and villains. Shouldn't Mario have some sort of network of pipelines accessible to him somewhere? I think such a network would prove truly advantageous.

Tacostein fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 7, 2012

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

The most beautiful thing about this comic is how Lazerbot uses elements from each of the character's respective canons, which would be utterly ridiculous in nearly any other sort of setting and they end up being completely incredible despite, or even because, of said element's ridiculousness.

Who would have thought that a competitor would use a Kuribo's shoe in a DBZ fight? Lazerbot has now.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, part of why I feel like TGT is so amazing is that there is actual attempts at storytelling and humor that completely work, but I'm not even sure they're intentional.

It reads like a deconstruction of the typical Deviantart mass-crossover comic, but it can't possibly be meant as such.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Redeadagain posted:

Tim and Eric has never been funny.

I thank you for your honesty in these dark days where fart jokes are hilarious...

Also this comic owns

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I love Mario's passive "gently caress you" so much. So very much.

It ties up anger and helplessness and the fact that Mario knows there is not a drat thing he can do about it without being pathetic in the slightest. He remains proud, and strong, even when not strong enough. He accepts his fate like a man, but does not hide his emotions. Shine on Mario, for ye shall always live in memory.