Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The "gently caress you" is great, but for some reason I'm really in love with "what the hell I'm being lifted in the air?" Maybe it's the question mark -- even Mario can't buy that this is part of his consensus reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Mario's body must be contorted awful tight in that shoe if panel one is to be trusted.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Mario's body must be contorted awful tight in that shoe if panel one is to be trusted.

We'll find out when people start cosplaying this.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It's obvious at this point that Tails will be the one to finish it.

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

SlothBear posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03Qy6bOKIQ

Close enough for you?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Forward_Bee posted:

Close enough for you?

Magnificent. :golfclap:

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

total agreement posted:

Enough bullshit, here's more lazerbot:

I've been avoiding wanting to get a TGT avatar, but if I got the "pick a better suit" panel and the last two panels turned into an animated gif that would work as an avatar, I would have to strongly consider buying it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Antivehicular posted:

The "gently caress you" is great, but for some reason I'm really in love with "what the hell I'm being lifted in the air?" Maybe it's the question mark -- even Mario can't buy that this is part of his consensus reality.

Reminds me of old comic books where every action would be described while it's happening.

Paperio
Mar 1, 2012

Cechmanek posted:

I've been avoiding wanting to get a TGT avatar, but if I got the "pick a better suit" panel and the last two panels turned into an animated gif that would work as an avatar, I would have to strongly consider buying it.

Like this?

Also, my favorite exchange from a while back

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Dibs on a 'gently caress you' avatar, working on animating it now.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Creepy Goat posted:

Dibs on a 'gently caress you' avatar, working on animating it now.

Always wondered about this, why do people call dibs on avatars? Can't multiple people have matching ones? Since a whole bunch of us in AI got these fat goth avatars, so I assume it's ok?

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Forward_Bee posted:

Close enough for you?

I got a kick out of the downhill action sequence at about 1:00.

"Later, BITCHES! HAHAHAHAHAHAoomph"

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

awesome-express posted:

Always wondered about this, why do people call dibs on avatars? Can't multiple people have matching ones? Since a whole bunch of us in AI got these fat goth avatars, so I assume it's ok?

Don't you want to be a unique snowflake? Gosh darn, son.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

awesome-express posted:

You can, it's just "bad taste" for the lack of better words. When a bunch people have the same one it tends to be from a Mod Challenge, or something along those lines.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

awesome-express posted:

I lot of people will go by avatar when they're skimming a thread, so if you have the same avatar as someone else, unless they've seen that poster often enough to remember the name, they'll confuse the two of you. People generally dislike being confused for someone else.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Personally I'm waiting until an appearance by Smart Weed Knuckles to finally get an avatar. Extremely premature dibs, make it happen lazerbot!

Forti
May 5, 2009

Liku posted:

You can, it's just "bad taste" for the lack of better words. When a bunch people have the same one it tends to be from a Mod Challenge, or something along those lines.

Unless you're one of the several thousand people with that stupid spiderman in a hard hat av.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Paperio posted:

Like this?

It's pretty close to what I want, but I think I might try to do it myself.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

awesome-express posted:

It can be annoying if you recognise a poster by their av, I have mistaken people with others before because they had really similar avs. It's not so much 'I AM SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE THIS IS MY AV' but more 'I will likely use this as an av so if you dont want to get confused with someone else dont use it, if you dont care then whatevs'.

Now to scale it down to forum size :argh:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Been following the thread, and I thought you should know: I'm working PAX East as a reporter for a media giant, and I just noticed some TGT cosplayers, troll masks and everything.

Mmmyep. :wtc:

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 8, 2012

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Been following the thread, and I thought you should know: I'm working PAX East as media for a media giant, and I just noticed some TGT cosplayers, troll masks and everything.

Make pictures happen. Please.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

The Fucky posted:

Seconding this.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The Fucky posted:

Can't. No camera, and no time.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I'm just so happy that that exists. I hope lazerbot hears about it, it'd be nice for him to know he has some hardcore fans.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Forti posted:

Unless you're one of the several thousand people with that stupid spiderman in a hard hat av.

Whoa man. We didn't ask for this. Someone had a lot of money and a sick sense of humor.

And it's a great avatar.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

You are a media person without a cellphone?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
If anything those "TGT cosplayers" are just people who like the trollface memes. Unless there was some sort of aspect that isn't just a popular internet meme related to the comic.

e: If you mean the actual troll characters' faces then hell yes.

That Gobbo fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 8, 2012

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Can't you like, borrow someone's camera or iPhone or, just... this can't go undocumented :stare:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Was looking around tumblr and found this:

TGT fanart from Adventure Time's Ian JQ.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

arachnobot posted:

Can't you like, borrow someone's camera or iPhone or, just... this can't go undocumented :stare:

It can, and will (at least on my end). I seriously don't have the time to hunt someone down in a sea of people who may not even be here anymore while I'm on the job.

Keep faith, though, as cameras are flashing everywhere, and it may end up on a tumblr somewhere, and someone here will find it. It exists.

That Gobbo posted:

If anything those "TGT cosplayers" are just people who like the trollface memes. Unless there was some sort of aspect that isn't just a popular internet meme related to the comic.

e: If you mean the actual troll characters' faces then hell yes.

I saw a Fudd with a mask. Not sure if there were others. I'm locked away in a media room, writing my balls off.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Was looking around tumblr and found this:

TGT fanart from Adventure Time's Ian JQ.

Isn't he a goon?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

SlothBear posted:

Been following the thread, and I thought you should know: I'm working PAX East as a reporter for a media giant, and I just noticed some TGT cosplayers, troll masks and everything.

Wow. That didn't take long. :psyduck:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I need pics so bad...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mystic_Squid posted:

Isn't he a goon?

Yep, forums user IanJ.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
Did anyone else with an Easter bunny bite its ears off and then loudly exclaim

"WHAT?! I don't have loving ears!"

None of my friends got it.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

It can, and will (at least on my end). I seriously don't have the time to hunt someone down in a sea of people who may not even be here anymore while I'm on the job.

Keep faith, though, as cameras are flashing everywhere, and it may end up on a tumblr somewhere, and someone here will find it. It exists.

I saw a Fudd with a mask. Not sure if there were others. I'm locked away in a media room, writing my balls off.

Understood. I doubt it will be the last TGT cosplay.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Forti posted:

What's the story behind this?

This is beyond glorious, I'm already trying to search the net for pictures of this. Someone has to have taken something.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Liku posted:

What's the story behind this?

IIRC it was a BSS thread for your favorite comic panel, and someone posted one where Spiderman is silly and wears a hard-hat. Then some guy went and bought a bunch of people avatars of said silly Spiderman picture. The end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

miscellaneous14 posted:

IIRC it was a BSS thread for your favorite comic panel, and someone posted one where Spiderman is silly and wears a hard-hat. Then some guy went and bought a bunch of people avatars of said silly Spiderman picture. The end.

The page in question. Everyone that posted on it had it at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST
I will still think that everyone with that avatar is the same person.