Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This music is reminding that I seriously need to play TWEWY again. It shocks me that the game has been out for three years, it feels like I was following Japanese clothing trends and pins just yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

This music is reminding that I seriously need to play TWEWY again. It shocks me that the game has been out for three years, it feels like I was following Japanese clothing trends and pins just yesterday.

I loved TWEWY when I went through my first playthrough of it 4 years (FOUR YEARS? :psyduck:) ago but it's really a shame all the side missions after you beat it are either totally obnoxious fetch quests or impossibly hard boss battles. (still haven't opened up that sixth pin slot because of this)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I tried playing TWEWY for the first time the other day and I really couldn't get into it. Maybe it's just the style of storytelling but I'm finding everything really hard to follow and the gameplay even moreso. Does it get better after the tutorial?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Would anybody wanna start a TWEWY thread? I'm actually curious if anybody has had as frustratingly hard of a time finishing the after game side missions as I have/want to still finish them. Also want to complete the noise encyclopedia and see what combination of pins works best in general. (there's always the preferred set with these kinds of games, even though I know a lot of the game is sort of meant to make it a "what works for you" kind of thing)

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 10, 2012

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I liked playing Tin Pin Slammer in the bonus level :shobon:

Do pins have any role at all in the new KH Game? I loved all the designs for different ones when I was playing through TWEWEY

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

LemonLimeTime posted:

Would anybody wanna start a TWEWY thread? I'm actually curious if anybody has had as frustratingly hard of a time finishing the after game side missions as I have/want to still finish them.

I'm pretty sure there is actually a TWEWY thread.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

LemonLimeTime posted:

Would anybody wanna start a TWEWY thread? I'm actually curious if anybody has had as frustratingly hard of a time finishing the after game side missions as I have/want to still finish them. Also want to complete the noise encyclopedia and see what combination of pins works best in general. (there's always the preferred set with these kinds of games, even though I know a lot of the game is sort of meant to make it a "what works for you" kind of thing)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469493

for you Tin Pin obsessed freaks (gently caress Tin Pin)

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469493

for you Tin Pin obsessed freaks (gently caress Tin Pin)

Tin Pin was hands down the worst part of that game. I want to use touchscreen controls to fight graffiti animals, not play fruggin Beyblade.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I tried playing TWEWY for the first time the other day and I really couldn't get into it. Maybe it's just the style of storytelling but I'm finding everything really hard to follow and the gameplay even moreso. Does it get better after the tutorial?

I was in your shoes. Yes, it absolutely gets better. I was pretty unsure with it at first and eventually it became one of my favorite games ever.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DizzyBum posted:

I was in your shoes. Yes, it absolutely gets better. I was pretty unsure with it at first and eventually it became one of my favorite games ever.

Alright, I'll give it another go for a few hours and see if it grows on me at all. Which screen's combat should I be using, given that I don't really understand either of them? Touchscreen seems more intuitive but I don't really like it at all. The whole move OR attack thing bugs me.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Alright, I'll give it another go for a few hours and see if it grows on me at all. Which screen's combat should I be using, given that I don't really understand either of them? Touchscreen seems more intuitive but I don't really like it at all. The whole move OR attack thing bugs me.

You can kind of ignore the top screen unless your character above is getting hit a lot by certain enemies or a boss. Your main focus should be on the bottom touch screen about 80-90% of the time.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

LemonLimeTime posted:

You can kind of ignore the top screen unless your character above is getting hit a lot by certain enemies or a boss. Your main focus should be on the bottom touch screen about 80-90% of the time.

Eh, yes and no. There's a lot you can do with minimal effort to make your top-screen character far more effective.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

This is what I did: set your partner to automatically pick up immediately if you're not doing anything with them, and then only do stuff with them when you feel confident you're not going to get hit on the bottom screen. Don't try to focus on both at once; the top screen can handle itself, but you'll probably do better damage with you in control.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You can also usually mash left and right in ordinary fights with occasional glances to see where the enemies are and to use the right combos. As long as you're pressing the buttons, even if you're not paying attention, at least they'll be doing some damage. Then with practice, you'll get better at controlling both at once and can do more advanced things with the top screen player.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Beat Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep as Ventas.:regd10: After Terra, I'll see the true ending, and be truly ready for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance! I think I can do it in time! :sweatdrop:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
The full CD-quality OST of KH3D has been released onto the internet:

KH 3D OST

I'm actually quite disappointed with most of the tracks. I'm not really that familiar with TWEWY, but it sounds meh to me. Some of the others sound like babby's first synth, and others just sound like a clusterfuck of notes.

The best stuff is at the end of it, with the really well done songs from Fantasia, and some of the boss stuff, but even some of that sounds synthed to hell.

And maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I don't think any of the remixes of either Destati or Dive into the Heart or whatever variation it's called have come close to having the same impact as the original. I will say though, it is nice that they do reference and use songs from other games; makes it nice and cohesive.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I have a new favorite KH OST now.

Also, for those of you who have the japanese version, the game will get patched to fix the game breaking bugs. :dance:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The real final boss theme is a bit disappointing, admittedly. But most of the remixes for the important OC bosses are pretty cool, as always. What really surprised me is Traverse Town's remixed themes, The World That Never Was, which sounds much less repetitive now, and Tron/Rinzler's boss theme. I'm surprised at how powerful that last one sounds. And though it's nice for each boss to have its own theme, some of the techno-ish stuff for the Dream Eater bosses is a bit forgettable.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about how Lea and Isa actually showed signs of aging since Birth By Sleep and I came to the conclusion that no one really ages. But that's wrong, a lot of characters show signs of aging. The main 3 characters do, Selphie does, I think my problem is that they keep going back to using young Riku and Sora for games that take place AFTER II.

Edit:

Saïx is the best organization XIII member and is better than Axel.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 23, 2012

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Gaseous Snake posted:

Saïx is the best organization XIII member and is better than Axel.

That is an awfully weird way to spell Luxord. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have played through multiple games with the Organization XIII and I am pretty sure I couldn't tell you anything about any of them besides "they use this weapon" and maybe Axel. I have no idea how anyone can have a favorite.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

My favorite is Zexion. He's close to a Blue Mage kind of character in his RE:CoM boss fight, and he's my favorite to play as in Days. That and I love his weapon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like Marluxia. He totally rocks that pink scythe.

Luxord is cool too.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Larxene is the best, she has no other motive, she's just a bitch and wants to kill people.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Also, sorry if this has been posted before (and it was honestly to be expected), but Riku gets his signature Dark Aura in this game! (And by that, I don't mean wussy KH2 projectile Dark Aura, but badass original teleport spamming Dark Aura... though, something that resembles KH2 Dark Aura is awailable as a counter attack if some of the other videos are any indication!)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Alteisen posted:

Larxene is the best, she has no other motive, she's just a bitch and wants to kill people.

Yep, Larxene is pretty fab except for the goofy antennae. Stupid hair isn't exactly uncommon amongst the Org. XIII members though so I can't really hold that against her.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, for me it's a toss up between Larxene, Marluxia, and Luxord.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Demyx is the best, dude just wants to take a vacation. Clearly you picked the wrong guy for this, uuuuuugh

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The KH3D preorder gift has been revealed:

Kinda cool. Too bad I will be buying it from a locally owned game store, so I won't get it :getin:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
But I only want the cat, not those other 2 things. :cry:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Meowjesty? Meowjesty? Christ.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I like meowjesty :shobon:

keet
Aug 20, 2005

LemonLimeTime posted:

Since they did Tron Legacy you can bet they're gonna throw in Pirates 2 and 3 at some point if not for KH3. Would love to have a Davy Jones or even a Kraken boss. Also would love to see The Three Caballeros (poncho and sombrero costumes), Roger Rabbit (gangster costumes), The Incredibles (superhero costumes?)

Aside from potentially teasing a Marvel joke, the funny thing is I think Goofy and Donald already *have* offical superhero costumes don't they? Papernik was pretty famous in Europe.

Now if the game did let me punch Frollo in the frankenscence, it'd finally be a legit excuse to have my jrpg fight take place in a bell tower with weird Latin hymn music in the background. :v:

keet fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 3, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What's a dream eater?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What's a dream eater?

A crummy pokemon gimmick.

keet
Aug 20, 2005

Colonel Pancreas posted:

I hope the last boss in the final game of the series is Walt Disney trying to kill the anime that has invaded his precious worlds.

Considering history, more like all the Disney that invaded Japan's precious animes. :v:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Gaseous Snake posted:

I like meowjesty :shobon:

Meowjesty is a loving amazing name for a fat cat with a crown on its head. I'd preorder this if I was guaranteed to get it.

Meowjesty.

Meowjesty.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Yeah, I'd pretty much fight anyone who would dare to say that Meowjesty is not a loving AMAZING name.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm curious for the Hunchback level, who did they get to voice Frollo, it'll be so weird not to hear Tony Jay's voice... though they could get Tim Curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

New Kingdom Hearts game to be announced soon!

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=2942

There will also be no Final Mix of Dream Drop Distance, but it will contain hints about the next game.

Also, Nomura asks forgiveness to those who have been waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII for over 6 years.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=2947

I think making Kingdom Hearts games is Nomura's way of procrastinating.