Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
ColdFusion? Say wha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Might be a silly question but are the nzbs submitted by people or are they automatically scraped and if it's automatically scraped, how come other sites like nzb.su are missing stuff that nzbs.org has if they're built off the same source?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Ragingsheep posted:

Might be a silly question but are the nzbs submitted by people or are they automatically scraped and if it's automatically scraped, how come other sites like nzb.su are missing stuff that nzbs.org has if they're built off the same source?

From what I understand, they can choose which newsgroups to include in a scrape, but then those scrapes are done automatically. NZBS.su probably doesn't include the same newsgroups as other sites (which is frustrating to me when I look for certain non-pop music or other unusual things).

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
For Sickbeard, nzb.su should be as reliable as nzbs.org, right? I think i have nzbs.org as my first option, so i doubt i get much currently from nzb.su

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Ugh, i'm trying to get used to nzb.su now that nzbs.org is gone.

A couple things aren't working relating to the nzbstatus extension i'm using with firefox. When i click on the nzb arrow next to something i want to download, it's not sending to my sabnzbd server. When i try to manually download something, sabnzbd isn't picking the right category of file (and thus the hard drive and folder name it's supposed to go to). These are things that worked for me with nzbs.org.

I entered my API key/url of my sab installation in the nzb.su profile page (my sab installation is on a windows home server machine, if that makes a difference). The URL is https://homeserver:7070/sabnzbd.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I'm thinking about setting up a personal Newznab on my home server. Can anyone offer input as to the disk space per day and memory requirements? It'll have 2-5 users max so no real load, just baseline operation. I'd be trying to include all the same groups as most sites, minus a few where I know none of the users would be interested in their normal content.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Ragingsheep posted:

Two main factors: groups being scraped and the regular expressions used to group articles into nzbs. The core software is the same, but those two variables aren't. So the main factors that determine what makes one Newznab site better than another are: Cost (if any), UI Tweaks (if any), and Indexing Reliability.

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

Woah, how is nzbs.org gone? I can still access it...is it a US-only thing?

I've used nzb.su as an alternate, but from what I just saw 5 seconds ago, nzbs.org is still operating at 100%. At least, in Japan, it is.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

skyydude posted:

Woah, how is nzbs.org gone? I can still access it...is it a US-only thing?

Closes on the 19th of April.

Anyone having speed issues with Blocknews atm?

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 9, 2012

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

wolrah posted:

I'm thinking about setting up a personal Newznab on my home server. Can anyone offer input as to the disk space per day and memory requirements? It'll have 2-5 users max so no real load, just baseline operation. I'd be trying to include all the same groups as most sites, minus a few where I know none of the users would be interested in their normal content.

It doesn't take that much ram. The big problem is the amount of bandwidth. If you want to backfill, it's going to take forever. Plus, you're going to have to constantly be updating dozens of groups all the time. Just keep in mind that you'll be downloading headers around the clock plus all of your regular traffic. Might not be a good idea if your ISP has a cap.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

Closes on the 19th of April.

Anyone having speed issues with Blocknews atm?

Working fine here...

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Finally got motivated enough to check out sickbeard and I nearly have it fully set up ready to roll with Sabnzbdb. Pretty awesome how it automates a heap of stuff.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Sperg Victorious posted:

It doesn't take that much ram. The big problem is the amount of bandwidth. If you want to backfill, it's going to take forever. Plus, you're going to have to constantly be updating dozens of groups all the time. Just keep in mind that you'll be downloading headers around the clock plus all of your regular traffic. Might not be a good idea if your ISP has a cap.

No caps and my home internet connection actually has better bandwidth than my VPS, so not a concern. I know the initial fill will be a big one, but after that regular header refreshes aren't really all that much data.

My server only has 2GB of RAM and every drive in it aside from the 250GB boot drive is in a Greyhole pool which doesn't have the greatest random access performance, so I figure those are likely to be limits I run in to.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

wolrah posted:

I set one up a few days ago, I have 24 groups active with a small backfill and my DB is 700mb. When you donate you get access to a backfill index file you can use so you don't have to worry about pulling all that data from your provider. Running it on a 2.0 C2D 2GB of ram. I'm sitting at about 60% usage with nn/sb/sab/smb running. I'm planning on maxing my ram out.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Nask26 posted:

I set one up a few days ago, I have 24 groups active with a small backfill and my DB is 700mb. When you donate you get access to a backfill index file you can use so you don't have to worry about pulling all that data from your provider. Running it on a 2.0 C2D 2GB of ram. I'm sitting at about 60% usage with nn/sb/sab/smb running. I'm planning on maxing my ram out.

That's what I was hoping to hear. My machine's an Athlon X2 2GHz and apparently I must have installed RAM while intoxicated at some point because apparently it has 3GB, of which 868MB is currently in use.

I'll install it tonight and see how it goes.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
It feels like someone should make a new program that pretty much merges Sick Beard/Sabnzbdb/NewzNab all into the one package.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Ingram posted:

It feels like someone should make a new program that pretty much merges Sick Beard/Sabnzbdb/NewzNab all into the one package.

Bad idea. There's reasons modern computers don't come with one monolithic program that combines spreadsheet/wordprocessor/file manager/display driver/web browser/media player all into one.

Each program requires different things of its developers. It's a far better solution to have separate projects with open API's to communicate between them.

For example, what if the developer of your hypothetical merged program was the guy running nzbs.org?

With the current system of separate indexing and downloading programs we're free to pick from the best program for the separate functions.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Has anyone had Sickbeard clear out the history on its own? I don't really care that much, but I just updated to the latest version (running from source) and the entire history is just gone.

Besides NZBMatrix and NZB.su (both of which I've kicked money to), what other site should I add as a search provider? I've already disabled NZBs.org so I can see if there's anything the other sites will miss. I was actually checking through the history to see where most of my nzbs have come from, it looks like the built in index is plenty nowadays.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

EC posted:

Has anyone had Sickbeard clear out the history on its own? I don't really care that much, but I just updated to the latest version (running from source) and the entire history is just gone.

Besides NZBMatrix and NZB.su (both of which I've kicked money to), what other site should I add as a search provider? I've already disabled NZBs.org so I can see if there's anything the other sites will miss. I was actually checking through the history to see where most of my nzbs have come from, it looks like the built in index is plenty nowadays.

http://kere.ws It's in german, but its easy to work your way around it. Still Newsnab.

And http://dognzb.cr is also a decent one so far.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Would anyone familiar with Sickbeard have any idea why it would suddenly stop connecting from outside the local host?

What I mean is, I use my iPad to connect when I'm not sitting at my desk. I have bookmarks for connecting both on my home network and outside. Both have been working fine for weeks.

Then yesterday, while sitting on my couch, I connect on my iPad, home page loads up fine. I click to go to a different page, and it just hangs. No error, no nothing, just won't load. Rebooting my machine didn't fix it.

Now I cannot access SB from anywhere but the machine it's running on. Firewall and router have the port passing through, the config file has it listening on 0.0.0.0. I'm just confused at this point.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Isn't sickbeard's internal index supposed to be pretty good now? I have it enabled but haven't checked %ages of what comes from where.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The pHo posted:

Isn't sickbeard's internal index supposed to be pretty good now? I have it enabled but haven't checked %ages of what comes from where.

Its where 95% of my grabs come from.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shouldn't be a big deal for automated lookups when nzbs.org goes down then. Interface wise, I liked that site the best though.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

The pHo posted:

Isn't sickbeard's internal index supposed to be pretty good now?
Sickbeard's index is -- unsurprisingly -- also powered by Newznab. It just doesn't have a frontend, it's purely API-based.

Set it to the highest search priority and watch all your nzbs come directly from it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I didn't realise there was a priority system until just then, it's not obvious you can reorder!

Does anyone use Unison at all, and if so know the maximum headers you can grab? I typed 5,000,000 in and entered a few groups that I would rather browse than use newznab for and it took me to December last year and said only 2m headers grabbed. Maybe a group that's not so well supported by my provider (Newshosting), or a limitation of the software?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm trying to get Sickbeard to do a forced full update when it starts since I don't leave my computer on when it typically updates, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be doing this. Their forums are pretty vague and just tell me:

quote:

Or when you start SB use this : sickbeard.py --forceupdate (or sickbeard.exe --forceupdate)

I do this....where? I've just got it set to run on startup by adding a shortcut to the exe in my Startup folder.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Sirotan posted:

I'm trying to get Sickbeard to do a forced full update when it starts since I don't leave my computer on when it typically updates, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be doing this. Their forums are pretty vague and just tell me:

I do this....where? I've just got it set to run on startup by adding a shortcut to the exe in my Startup folder.

Modify the shortcut (right click > properties) and put --forceupdate at the end of the Target line, after the closing quote.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

FISHMANPET posted:

Modify the shortcut (right click > properties) and put --forceupdate at the end of the Target line, after the closing quote.

When I change the Target to:
"C:\Program Files\SickBeard\SickBeard.exe"--forceupdate

it tells me the path is not valid?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Sirotan posted:

When I change the Target to:
"C:\Program Files\SickBeard\SickBeard.exe"--forceupdate

it tells me the path is not valid?

Need a space between " and --

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

FISHMANPET posted:

Need a space between " and --

Durrrrrr :rolleye:

Thanks, that worked.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
Does anyone have a good startup script for SickBeard which would work on RHEL6 they'd be willing to share? The one I found which worked has a disclaimer saying it should not be run as root, which is rather odd for a startup script. The init scripts included with sickbeard don't seem to be compatible with whichever service system RHEL6 employs.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

xPanda posted:

Does anyone have a good startup script for SickBeard which would work on RHEL6 they'd be willing to share? The one I found which worked has a disclaimer saying it should not be run as root, which is rather odd for a startup script. The init scripts included with sickbeard don't seem to be compatible with whichever service system RHEL6 employs.

I think from reading the latest commit notes that someone checked in a RHEL6 startup script.

And usually init scripts run as root and then the script starts the service as another user.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

I'm so glad I started using sickbeard! Thanks for explaining how the internal indexer works it's awesome. Won't have to worry about paying for an indexer to get TV shows :)

I have my computer wakeup from sleep at a set time now and I'm trying to get it all synced together so SB checks for eps/downloads then computer goes back to sleep. Still working on it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Got Sickbeard up and going, but I just absolutely can not get CouchPotato going. I double click the installation exe and it makes a bunch of files but does not open. Probably because port 5000 isn't open. So, I've changed it to everything else and keep hitting the exe file and nothing happens. Log file just keeps saying:

22:54:53 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
22:56:15 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
22:57:04 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
22:58:39 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
23:00:19 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
23:02:17 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.

Also, every time I save a different port number to config.ini, it STILL tries to connect to port 5000.

EDIT: Got CouchPotato to work after restarting computer and saving config.ini using a different program than Notepad.

However, NEW problem. Restarted my computer and now the sabtoSickbeard script hangs.

That's all I did, was restart the computer. And now that script is broken.

Windows 7.

89 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 11, 2012

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

Why would you need SickBeard AND CouchPotato don't they do the same thing?

EDIT: NVM I figured it out...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
This is what I get from the script everytime:

quote:

Loading config from C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\Scripts\autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: *****
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabToSickbeard.py", line 29, in <module>
File "autoProcessTV.pyc", line 95, in processEpisode
File "socket.pyc", line 465, in readlines
File "socket.pyc", line 397, in readline
socket.error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

This is so drat frustrating, I'm pretty sure I've just about completely raped Google in the past couple of hours.

EVERYTHING WORKED 100% before I restarted my computer.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 12, 2012

fake
Sep 9, 2001
I'm sorry, fake!
Love, Ozma
nzbmatrix has been crapping out for me lately. what's a good alternative? i'm happy to pay.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

fake posted:

nzbmatrix has been crapping out for me lately. what's a good alternative? i'm happy to pay.
Couple dozen of posts with the info you're looking for is on this same page.

Cubiks
Aug 31, 2005
I wish I had something witty to put here...
I've recently had a problem with SickBeard grabbing the wrong language of some shows. I thinks its because the non-english releases are more recent, and SickBeard just grabs the latest. Any way I can force it to grab only english releases? I get the same issue using either nzb.su or the SickBeard index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fake
Sep 9, 2001
I'm sorry, fake!
Love, Ozma

Tapedump posted:

Couple dozen of posts with the info you're looking for is on this same page.

Doh, sorry. DOGnzb looks pretty nice.