Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Do they cycle the contents of the PAB wall at your stores much? My local one (Potomac Mills) hasn't changed much in the last half a year and I've pretty much exhausted it.

Only need so many steering wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Digital War posted:

Do they cycle the contents of the PAB wall at your stores much? My local one (Potomac Mills) hasn't changed much in the last half a year and I've pretty much exhausted it.

We cycle ours pretty often. We usually get like 10-20 boxes of PAB every Monday shipment, and a lot of the spots empty pretty quick, especially when people were bringing their holiday boxes in. I need to get my cups tomorrow because I was too exhausted after work today to hang at the store for another hour or so filling cups.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Digital War posted:

If you ask nicely there is usually more stock in the back that doesn't fit on display. Try to go when it isn't too busy for best luck.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So I was at my local Toys R Us (Madison Heights, Mi) a few weeks ago and noticed they had the 2011 advent calendar that I fawned over last year for 30 bucks so I grabbed one.

Then I was hooked.

Immediately went home and opened every single one and built each of the sets. The following day I motored on over to my parents and dug around for my old bin of Lego. There wasn't as much as I remember having (about 5lbs or so).

I recently found out that the Sommerset Mall near my house has the only Lego store in Michigan! Promptly went and bought a small cup full of assorted bricks and signed up for the VIP program.

I'm in love with micro MOCs so here are my first attempts with what little Lego I have.

Tachikoma-type tank and micro D.O.G. out for a walk.

Hello!

Run little robot, run!

First micro space fleet.

Dynotherms connected! Infracells up! Mega thrusters are go!

I didn't have anything to better represent the sword other than a shovel. :(

Also, I've recently been fascinated with puzzle boxes, does anyone have any links to a decent Lego build for one? All I've been able to find are a few built by 10 year olds that have no reservations about using one of every color Lego piece they have, and that bothers some deeply rooted part of my brain.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

What were you gonna fill up with?

I have no idea, I've never done it before. I'm a PaB virgin.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spade wielding Voltron is hilarious, dont feel bad about missing a sword. It adds character!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The Rage posted:

I have no idea, I've never done it before. I'm a PaB virgin.

Cheese slopes!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

djfooboo posted:

If you ask nicely there is usually more stock in the back that doesn't fit on display. Try to go when it isn't too busy for best luck.

I will do this if its not busy. I wasn't even working on the floor, and I was bringing sets out to put on shelves, and one of NY regular customers asked if there was anything to fill the empty space we had on the wall, and I ended up looking around for some cool pieces for him.

Looking for PAB pieces for people is WAY easier than BAM pieces. Usually if someones looking for a minifig piece, and there's only one or two customers, I'll look, but it gets really difficult when the store is packed.

I'm actually glad I don't work weekends anymore, because the place is a mad house! Hopefully once the Alderwood store opens it'll be a lot quieter.

Anyone going to the Alderwood opening? I want to try and stop by, see if I can get the exclusive store sets, they look so cute!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I think I'm gonna make a trip over for that opening.

edit: And the Mrs. just gave me permission to play hooky tomorrow and go to the PaB sale!

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 11, 2012

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
Ok, so I was gonna do something productive today, but unfortunately I drove by a Toys'R'Us and decided to make a quick detour. 6 hours and 5 unopened series 6 boxes later I managed to get these:

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

The Rage posted:

I think I'm gonna make a trip over for that opening.

edit: And the Mrs. just gave me permission to play hooky tomorrow and go to the PaB sale!

You going to the Bellevue store? If so, I'll be working midshift tomorrow, and I can show you how to get the most out of the cup!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

youareoffthehook posted:

You going to the Bellevue store? If so, I'll be working midshift tomorrow, and I can show you how to get the most out of the cup!

I sure am, I'll be in around 10-11am, think you'll be around then?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

youareoffthehook posted:

I may have to take you up on that offer too. Alderwood, or check in with you. Decisions, decisions.

As far as the cup goes, you got things that can be used to make MOC Lego Architecture, or is it all flowers and windows.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

7thBatallion posted:

I may have to take you up on that offer too. Alderwood, or check in with you. Decisions, decisions.

As far as the cup goes, you got things that can be used to make MOC Lego Architecture, or is it all flowers and windows.

I don't think the Alderwood store is open yet sadly.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Sean OFarrell posted:

Ok, so I was gonna do something productive today, but unfortunately I drove by a Toys'R'Us and decided to make a quick detour. 6 hours and 5 unopened series 6 boxes later I managed to get these:

how are they set in the boxes, are the Legionnaires always in the same or sameish spot? Are they always next to each other? in a row or column? Also, good haul.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Woo, not bad for 8 random bags. :3:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Got all the pieces for the N7 stand for the Normandy, except (somehow) the 1x4 bricks :argh:

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

RodShaft posted:

how are they set in the boxes, are the Legionnaires always in the same or sameish spot? Are they always next to each other? in a row or column? Also, good haul.

I wish I could tell you that there's some sort of pattern to these, but honestly, I found them all over the place. A few times I found 2 or 3 one after the other. Like I said, it took me 6 hours to go through all 5 boxes so your best bet is just to have at 'em.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

The Rage posted:

I sure am, I'll be in around 10-11am, think you'll be around then?

I'll be there at 11.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

If anyone in NZ still needs to round out their series 6 collection, the Warehouse has a 3 for $10 offer on at the moment. If only s7 was out here I'd be spending so much...

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Woo, not bad for 8 random bags. :3:

They really need to make a scaled down version of the VW camper to go along with that hippie.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rustie posted:

They really need to make a scaled down version of the VW camper to go along with that hippie.

Or a minifig bong

edit: One GIS later...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What's that piece on the bottom of the bong? I thought that was new for Marvel and LotR sets?

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

Looks like it might be this or something similar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rustie posted:

Ooh.. Project!

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
When's s7 coming out? May?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Sockser posted:

What's that piece on the bottom of the bong? I thought that was new for Marvel and LotR sets?

Maybe the hook hand from a pirate captain?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Mr. Glass posted:

Got all the pieces for the N7 stand for the Normandy, except (somehow) the 1x4 bricks :argh:

:O, where they also missing from the parts list or not? since i might have to fix it then.
I'm assuming you mean the 1x4 black pieces that go in the base of the thing? since those are the only 1x4's i remember using in it.

Also how stable is it for holding up the normandy?

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

AzMiLion posted:

:O, where they also missing from the parts list or not? since i might have to fix it then.
I'm assuming you mean the 1x4 black pieces that go in the base of the thing? since those are the only 1x4's i remember using in it.

Also how stable is it for holding up the normandy?

Yeah, the ones in the base. They're in the list, I'm just a victim of my own incompetence (probably the bricklink store I bought the pieces from didn't have 1x4s and I didn't notice)

It's definitely stable (using the ichiban normandy at least, I don't know how well-balanced yours would be), but I would probably create a 2x2 (or more) area for the stand to attach to the base; 1x2 is kinda weak.

I might also figure out a way to make the stand taller, since the ship kind of obscures the awesomeness of the N7 design.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Swung by the Burlington Lego Store and picked up five PAB cups for that sale, VIP members can get up to five large PAB cups for the cost of smalls, so I stocked up on tons of stuff. I think I managed to fit like 12 pounds of Legos in five cups for 40 bucks. I wasn't the most efficient, but damned if I didn't get more than I expected. If you're able to, there's still a few hours left, rush on over and grab at least a few cups. Burlington Mall, MA, has orange and clear cheese slopes, clear 1x2 bricks and 1x2 plates, unfortunately they did not have any plates larger than 1x2. Plenty of orange, gray, brown, tan, red, blue, yellow and white bricks in many sizes though.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
Is this the last day for that promo?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sean OFarrell posted:

Is this the last day for that promo?
You've got like two hours to hustle on down to your local Lego Store, yeah.

RodShaft posted:

They are not. I tested this out on six unopened boxes, feeling through the first until I reached my first Legionnaire, then tried that with the next five boxes, which yielded another Legionnaire, a Genie, a Flamenco Dancer, a Clockwork Robot, and a Leprechaun. It seems to be almost totally random, and yet has the same number of each in each box.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
Bah need to just dump out the Lego I have in the cups already. Might stop by the Wal-Mart to try and get more Roman soldiers form s6

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Mr. Glass posted:

Yeah, the ones in the base. They're in the list, I'm just a victim of my own incompetence (probably the bricklink store I bought the pieces from didn't have 1x4s and I didn't notice)

It's definitely stable (using the ichiban normandy at least, I don't know how well-balanced yours would be), but I would probably create a 2x2 (or more) area for the stand to attach to the base; 1x2 is kinda weak.

I might also figure out a way to make the stand taller, since the ship kind of obscures the awesomeness of the N7 design.

Yeah, my Normandy sits a bit higher on the stand due to it not being completely hollow on the inside, i'll see if i can't change it a bit to have a 2x2 attachment area or something. i think i know just the piece for it.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Maybe the hook hand from a pirate captain?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Like the one found here.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

einTier posted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Like the one found here.

Not the stem, the base. The thing the hook hooks onto. Which I guess is from that build a necklace thing posted before.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

youareoffthehook posted:

I'll be there at 11.

Thanks for all your help today!

Walked away with 1,100 in two cups, which works out to be 1.4 cents each. Best Lego store trip ever!

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Columbus LEGO store was a bust. Almost every bin was full of 2x4 bricks.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

The Rage posted:

Thanks for all your help today!

Walked away with 1,100 in two cups, which works out to be 1.4 cents each. Best Lego store trip ever!

No problem! Its always cool to see people from this thread come in. I'm thinking of investing in a pin with my avatar on it so it'll be easier to recognize who I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

youareoffthehook posted:

No problem! Its always cool to see people from this thread come in. I'm thinking of investing in a pin with my avatar on it so it'll be easier to recognize who I am.

Yeah, I just made half of a Lego Architecture scale WTC. Now I wish I got more of those 2x1 ribbed bricks. Like another large PaB full more. Plus 24 in a darker grey than you have. And an antenna.

Plus parts to make a Burj Khalifa from scratch, and slightly larger. And maybe a few other skyscrapers.

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 12, 2012