Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Trico posted:

Aww, they're doing away with the lasers? I loved that poo poo about RE.

I guess that means the camera will move where you aim instead of staying stationary while you aim your gun. :smith:

Gotta get those CoD numbers man. :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day
So was that villain woman in the new trailer Ada? The one with the scarf and the spike grenade and all that? I had to watch the trailer a few times because at first I had no idea who she was and then one of my friends asked if it was Ada and I didn't know. I still can't tell. Not even by her voice.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I thought it was pretty clear that was Ada, it looks just like her. I enjoy the new scarf.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Trico posted:

Aww, they're doing away with the lasers? I loved that poo poo about RE.

I guess that means the camera will move where you aim instead of staying stationary while you aim your gun. :smith:
Maybe the laser pointer is a perk on certain guns? I'd be fine with that, because I really love those kinds of guns. Especially the ones that are also flashlights.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Flameingblack posted:

Maybe the laser pointer is a perk on certain guns? I'd be fine with that, because I really love those kinds of guns. Especially the ones that are also flashlights.

You can see the source of a laser pointer under the barrel of Leon's handgun in one of the shots from the trailer, so they must be in there in some capacity. Although saying that, they didn't have the laser pointer in the Wii version did they?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RE6 pre-order bonus: new Mercenaries maps

Rail Yard looks a lot like Underbelly from Outbreak 2. STOP TEASING ME CAPCOM.

vvv yeah its on their playstation blog thing, search for their captivate 2012 update.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 12, 2012

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

Sony just posted their Captivate 2012 stuff in advance of the deadline. One screenshot shows the game's HUD.

Did Sony really post this? Because I clearly see "Y" and "RB" icons, laffo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

RE6 pre-order bonus: new Mercenaries maps

Rail Yard looks a lot like Underbelly from Outbreak 2. STOP TEASING ME CAPCOM.

vvv yeah its on their playstation blog thing, search for their captivate 2012 update.

More DLC, gently caress you Capcom doesn't have the same flair anymore, I'm gonna have to write a song or something.

And this just splits the mercs community on day 1 so, nice job Capcom, glad to see that's the biggest lesson you learned from ORC.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Alteisen posted:

More DLC, gently caress you Capcom doesn't have the same flair anymore, I'm gonna have to write a song or something.

And this just splits the mercs community on day 1 so, nice job Capcom, glad to see that's the biggest lesson you learned from ORC.

It's cute that you think Capcom has the capacity to 'learn lessons.' They consistently just keep doing the same thing until it works or they kill something.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2BKTYbZjg

Wesker has a chat with Legion from Mass Effect. More DC Douglas :allears:

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Any orc goons on and wanna play some campaign or etc? Gt: Its a trapzorz

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
New ORC Spec Ops Expansion 1 dlc hit today. $9.99 for 3 more missions. City Hall versus Umbrella folks, Underground Lab versus Nemmy, and Sewers versus Birkin.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Revitalized posted:

New ORC Spec Ops Expansion 1 dlc hit today. $9.99 for 3 more missions. City Hall versus Umbrella folks, Underground Lab versus Nemmy, and Sewers versus Birkin.

After playing the first mission, I'll admit to being curious what happens to Echo Six, but man, gently caress Nemesis fights in ORC. That bit with him in the first free mission irritated the hell out of me.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha, I knew we where gonna get DLC before a fix.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Schlegel Mach posted:

It's cute that you think Capcom has the capacity to 'learn lessons.' They consistently just keep doing the same thing until it works or they kill something.

How is it even possible that they haven't had a board meeting at some point where they figured out how loving offensively stupid there approach to DLC is? They really make me want to slap the gently caress out of every one of their executives.

The poo poo they pull is like something out of a hypothetical dystopian future of gaming. DLC is so bad right now and they still remain the worst of the worst.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

How is it even possible that they haven't had a board meeting at some point where they figured out how loving offensively stupid there approach to DLC is? They really make me want to slap the gently caress out of every one of their executives.

The poo poo they pull is like something out of a hypothetical dystopian future of gaming. DLC is so bad right now and they still remain the worst of the worst.

Because not enough consumers have spoken up about this poo poo. To be honest I feel that if a game riddled with DLC sold poorly, Capcom would just abandon the franchise and try something else.

Their executives are totally focused on DLC and are utterly obsessed with call of duty numbers, problem is they have no idea how to actually get them.

Seriously, look at this.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29008605/RE:ORC_BugGlitch_thread?pg=33

A 33 page long bug thread for ORC and Capcom hasn't said poo poo.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 19, 2012

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I've never played any of the PS1 Resident Evils before, so I bought the Dual Shock Edition of the Director's Cut on PSN. I didn't realize until after I'd bought it though that they changed the soundtrack for the Dual Shock edition. Is it worth tracking down a copy of the non-Dual Shock edition for the original soundtrack, or is the replacement score fine for someone's first experience?

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I've never played any of the PS1 Resident Evils before, so I bought the Dual Shock Edition of the Director's Cut on PSN. I didn't realize until after I'd bought it though that they changed the soundtrack for the Dual Shock edition. Is it worth tracking down a copy of the non-Dual Shock edition for the original soundtrack, or is the replacement score fine for someone's first experience?

Well you've already got the game I mean it's not like a game changer or anythhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The new CGI movie where Leon fights a Dude in Germany is due to come out this October

embitca
May 4, 2009
Stopped by the Red Box tonight and rented ORC. I just started the campaign and I can already tell this will really only be fun with some goons, so if anyone wants to join me in the campaign, my XBox gt is jennconn. I'll probably keep the game through the weekend.

Is there an XBox metatag for ORC?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Revitalized posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj2BKTYbZjg

Wesker has a chat with Legion from Mass Effect. More DC Douglas :allears:

That was hilarious. I don't think Resident Evil 6 is going to be the same without his smarminess.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Budohead posted:

Well you've already got the game I mean it's not like a game changer or anythhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Is this a joke? How does something like this make it into a re-release?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

That was hilarious. I don't think Resident Evil 6 is going to be the same without his smarminess.

Well, his son is in the game, so it seems extremely likely he's going to show up as a flashback or clone or evil ghost or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Well, his son is in the game, so it seems extremely likely he's going to show up as a flashback or clone or evil ghost or something.

I'm going with "FF7: Advent Children" full-on comeback. Like maybe the C-Virus combines with the Wesker gene and suddenly D.C Douglas emerges from the mutation!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm going with "FF7: Advent Children" full-on comeback. Like maybe the C-Virus combines with the Wesker gene and suddenly D.C Douglas emerges from the mutation!!!

Wesker Jr's genetic memory is unlocked by the C. Virus. Preparing for a tie-in game with Assassin's Creed.

(The C stands for "Crossover.")

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 21, 2012

Ein Bear
Mar 26, 2010

Oh Sirrah, how deliciously absurd!

Policenaut posted:

Instant GOTY if this happens. I need more D.C Douglas.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

Policenaut posted:

I think there is absolutely no way Wesker doesn't come back in this game in some way. Having just seen the end of CV last niht I'm hoping they bring up the Code Veronia virus/Steve somewhere in the new game as well since RECV ends with Wesker saying he has the sample of the virus from Steve and that he may be also come back to life to fight another day and then promptly forgets about all about it.

I just want RE6 to be the MGS4 of the series but while I'm not sure Capcom could pull it off with a storyline this twisted I feel like that could very well be what they are trying to do. No other resident evil game has even had this many recurring characters in the same game.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

SolidRed posted:

I think there is absolutely no way Wesker doesn't come back in this game in some way. Having just seen the end of CV last niht I'm hoping they bring up the Code Veronia virus/Steve somewhere in the new game as well since RECV ends with Wesker saying he has the sample of the virus from Steve and that he may be also come back to life to fight another day and then promptly forgets about all about it.

I just want RE6 to be the MGS4 of the series but while I'm not sure Capcom could pull it off with a storyline this twisted I feel like that could very well be what they are trying to do. No other resident evil game has even had this many recurring characters in the same game.

I agree, I would like to see Capcom bring things to a close at some point and wrap up all the loose plot threads the way MGS4 did for its respective series. However Capcom seems hell bent on just continuing to add more to it as if the series will never lose steam.

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

Policenaut posted:

Weaker comes back fused with Tyrant (because Wesker loves irony) as well as Nemesis. Also Hunk for some reason. After some kind of deus ex machina blows Wesker up, Leon looks at Wesker's left hand and says, "looks like you're right hand comes off, too!" Credits roll, Smashmouth's "All Star" plays.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Policenaut posted:

Not gonna lie. I will be pretty pissed off if they do this. They have already done it once before, and the more and more you do it the more trite and lovely it gets. Capcom did the same thing for Megaman with Zero and the series never really has been the same since. Just kill him off and move on.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Not gonna lie. I will be pretty pissed off if they do this. They have already done it once before, and the more and more you do it the more trite and lovely it gets. Capcom did the same thing for Megaman with Zero and the series never really has been the same since. Just kill him off and move on.

Get ready to be mad then because unless we all think Capcom is going to make Ada the main villain of RE6 I think we're in Wesker town. Whether it's Alex, some kind of Weskers son blood/c virus recreation by Ada or Ada's clone I'd bet my bottom dollar on Wesker being in RE6.

That said maybe having a female villain will be good, the last time we had a female villain in a Resident Evil it turned out (RE:CV spoilers)that Alexia was actually Alfred Ashford cross dressing with a split personality. Hell she/he even spoke to herself. What a twist! Then it turned out Alexia was actually also real and Alfred only developed the split personality because she froze herself for 15 years and he was lonely. Really it's a shame Code Veronica was so hard as it's really one of the better of the old resident evil games in my opinion. Lots of cut scenes and terrible dubs make for an exciting adventure. I hope whoever voiced Steve never gets another job dubbing ever again. It was so bad they could have picked a stranger from the street and he would have done a better job.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SolidRed posted:

That said maybe having a female villain will be good, the last time we had a female villain in a Resident Evil it turned out (RE:CV spoilers)that Alexia was actually Alfred Ashford cross dressing with a split personality. Hell she/he even spoke to herself. What a twist! Then it turned out Alexia was actually also real and Alfred only developed the split personality because she froze herself for 15 years and he was lonely. Really it's a shame Code Veronica was so hard as it's really one of the better of the old resident evil games in my opinion. Lots of cut scenes and terrible dubs make for an exciting adventure. I hope whoever voiced Steve never gets another job dubbing ever again. It was so bad they could have picked a stranger from the street and he would have done a better job.

On the other hand, Steve Burnside. Way, way too much Steve Burnside.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

SolidRed posted:

Get ready to be mad then because unless we all think Capcom is going to make Ada the main villain of RE6 I think we're in Wesker town. Whether it's Alex, some kind of Weskers son blood/c virus recreation by Ada or Ada's clone I'd bet my bottom dollar on Wesker being in RE6.

RE:CV is actually one of the easiest in the series thanks to the godly knife.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

RE:CV is actually one of the easiest in the series thanks to the godly knife.

Maybe I'm just bad at the game but it wasn't as easy to just kill zombies with only the knife as goons said it would be. Generally the knife would be used after shooting the zombie down onto the ground since attempting to abuse the knife strategy just led to taking damage too many times in a row.

If i had to pick the easiest game in the series it would be between RE4 and 5 not Code Veronica(also RE3, 2 and 1 but that's just me).

SolidRed fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 24, 2012

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!

Chocolate America posted:

So was that villain woman in the new trailer Ada? The one with the scarf and the spike grenade and all that? I had to watch the trailer a few times because at first I had no idea who she was and then one of my friends asked if it was Ada and I didn't know. I still can't tell. Not even by her voice.

I had no idea it was Ada until someone pointed it out to me, so you're not alone.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

SolidRed posted:

Maybe I'm just bad at the game but it wasn't as easy to just kill zombies with only the knife as goons said it would be. Generally the knife would be used after shooting the zombie down onto the ground since attempting to abuse the knife strategy just led to taking damage too many times in a row.

If i had to pick the easiest game in the series it would be between RE4 and 5 not Code Veronica(also RE3, 2 and 1 but that's just me).

If you can judge the distance right, you can do it pretty reliably. Also, past a certain point, you have more than enough ammo to just blast through everything.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just got done playing through the third DLC mission for ORC solo, and that final battle against Nemesis gets pretty crazy during the third phase, with all the zombies coming out of nowhere. Having to deal with three Artificially Stupid teammates does not help (on more than one occasion, I watched as Shona walked right into the path of a rocket, got up... then walked right into the path of the next shot). And for added masochism, this was the stage I decided to go for the "Who Needs Guns?" achievement on. :smithicide:

Still, it was pretty satisfying at the end when I was all alone, Nemesis lured into the position I needed him in, all my teammates dead, crimson heads swarming me while I'm frantically trying to keep them off me with just the knife... and then the cutscene indicating the stage was over played. :black101:

Also, playing Recon against the computer is kind of fun when you've got Active Camouflage as your active ability; nothing quite like running across an entrenched squad of U.S.S., popping the cloak, walking around behind them, then knifing them all to death. :ninja: :ese:

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
So if you buy a new copy of Dragon's Dogma, you get entry into the RE6 demo way early. For those of you curious about DD, it appears to be the true sequel to Two Worlds that we always wanted: http://kotaku.com/5904688/it-took-us-a-while-to-discover-that-this-new-dragon-game-wasnt-terrible

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Which version is better, you dudes, RE4: Wii for $10 or RE4: HD for $20? If HD, which console is it optimized for, if either one? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The Wii version has the best controls so you should get that one.