Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Help!" yells Octavian and he flies over the side, kersplashing into the water. The blonde woman yanks her arm out of her sister's hand. "Enough, Olivia! He can't swim." She tosses her shoes aside and dives off the front of the ship after him. Redheaded Olivia sighs and looks at the newcomer with one raised eyebrow.

Speedo, meanwhile is only slightly distracted by Hugues' agile sword, but it's enough to get him to take his eyes off J.R., which is never a good idea. The gun barks and Speedo takes it in the right arm.

Speedo defends! Athletics: -++- +4 = 4, takes 5 stress, mild and a 3rd.

"Olivia darling, this is becoming rather ugly." Speedo says, pulling the bullet out of his own arm with his free hand. Pale pink blood runs down his pure white skin.

"Sir, here!" A young man, presumably Percy, yells from the top deck. A long, thin, black sheath flies through the air and Speedo catches it and draws the two handed katana in midleap. He turns on Hugues with a vengeance.

"Swords, are, not, toys, boy." he growls, taking a swing with each word.

In the distance, everyone can now hear the sound of police sirens. Somebody must have called the cops.

Weapons: ++/- +4 = 5, -1 supplemental to catch and draw the blade, -1 supplemental to remove mild consequence. Total +3 at weapon: 2 on Hugues.

pre:
Name: Jacuzzi Speedo
Defenses: Athletics 3+1, Disc 3
Aspects: 1, FP 1
Mental: ()()
Physical:()()(X)()
Mild (-2): 
Moderate (-4): 
Major (-6):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 1

The situation is much more manageable, now. With Ada and Hugues helping him, taking down this incubus shouldn't be too difficult. "Shouldn't have taken the girl, incubus. We get mighty annoyed when thing like that happen," he says, punctuating his statement with another bullet.

Guns -/-- +5 = 2, with a weapon 3
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:2 (use mental stress to re-use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, I Won't Back Down
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: +2 Weapon vs. targets with armor
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		(X) () (X)
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: Stressed out	(X), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	(), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As soon as Jenny starts calling Andy rushes ahead. "Damnit girl, silence was our best ally." But nothing happens. No monsters or demons or vampires jump out of the corners. It's quiet.

Andy draws his machete, not trusting this at all. "Claire, you here, baby?" "Uncle Andy?" A small voice calls from below them, and there next to the table is a little grate in the floor that leads down to the bottom of the hull. Tiny fingers reach up through it. Jenny has a flash of memory as the vision replays in her head. This is it, there she is. "It's cold, I wanna go home. Let me out!" the girl cries. She's very dirty, and shivering. One hand clutches an equally filthy toy pony.

The grate is locked tight.

+4 might check to pop this grate, or use magic, or try to investigate and find a key (haha).

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3

Jenny moves towards the table as the veil fades, normal coloration and sound returning to her world. "Don't snap at me, I-"

She stops as Claire's voice echoes out of the grate, rushing over to peer inside. It's... not a pleasant place for a child, and she shudders as she tries to force the grate. After slamming her hands down in frustration at the locked device she backs up, extending her arm fully in front of her. "Claire? I need you to lay down and curl up into a ball, honey. As far away from the grate as you can. Please. Everything will be okay, but I need to open this and I don't want you to get hurt."

Summoning four shifts of power to blow the grate open. Discipline ///- +5 = 4, so it's good enough!

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) 
Mental:		(X) (X) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"O-Okay." Claire says, scrunching up as best she can in the corner. Jenny's spell pops the grate with a loud crunch of twisting metal. As soon as it's open, she reaches down and Claire jump into her arms, tears running down her filthy cheeks. "Can we go home? Please?" She snuggles her face into Jenny's shoulder.

With a cough and a sputter the yacht's engines come back to life, a steady thrumming sound echoing through the hold. "Let's go." Andy says, heading for the exit.

"Go where, precious?" Asks a voice from the doorway, as a chubby man in overalls enters the hold through the door. He's covered in engine oil and wiping his hands on a red shop rag. "I don't think you're taking that little'un anyplace, not without payment." He doesn't move away from the door, and it's the only way out. The edge of Andy's blade shines in the dim light. Claire cries out in terror. "The bad man! The bad man!"

Andy takes a deep breath and darts forward, the big knife raised. The man in overalls doesn't even try to dodge, he catches the blade in one meaty hand and black blood pours out of the wound. It hisses against the blade and the man shakes his head slowly at Andy.

"Champion, you should have made the trade. This will not end well for you. I'll give you one more chance. Bring the box, by sundown, or-"

"Get thee behind me, demon!" Andy yells, pulling the blade free and taking a step back. "The LORD is my shepard, I shall not want." His smile is wild and fierce.

INIT
Andy
Jenny
Bad Man

Glorious Combat part II!
Andy attacks, /-+- +4 = 3, fulfills the catch.
Bad Man defends /+-/ +3 = 3, takes 2 stress.

pre:
Name: The Bad Man
Defenses: Athletics 3, Armor 2
Physical:()(X)()()+ ()()()()
Mild (-2): 
Moderate (-4): 
Major (-6):

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 12, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny's eyes go wide as the sword bites into the demon's hand and Claire screams, but she can already feel herself tiring from throwing the magic around to get the grate open in the first place. She strokes Claire's hair as the girl buries her head against her body, thinking fast as Andy springs back, sword raised once again.

Jenny's voice comes out high pitched and creaky, imitating an obnoxious old aunt whom she'd always hated. It was a close enough approximation of someone willing to deal with these things, anyway. "Wait! I will bargain with you, demon. Tell me what you want, and I will get it for you so long as no harm comes to the girl. Is it the Artifact you seek?"

Deceit -/+- +3 to apply a manouever on the Bad Man: Greedy, Foolish Mortals

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay
Mitsuo - FP: 2

Well holy crap, looks like we found everything at once.

With a frown, Mitsuo asks, "Raith? The White vampire? I should not be surprised to find them in a place like this, but it seems too neat of a connection. This situation gets stranger and stranger." Looking down at the coffee cup in his hand, he notices something.

"Hey. Cole. Come take a look at this." Mitsuo shuffles the carpet away from the tile with the toe of his shoe. Wet metal glistens underneath. He kneels and does his best to mop up the extra coffee with the corner of the carpet. "I doubt this is what we are looking for, but there is certainly more here than meets the eye. Open sesame..." Mitsuo grasps the metal handle and pulls.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1

(Athletics to dodge: +--/ +4 = 3... That's a 3-stress hit, meaning I need to take a Mild.)

Hugues managed to step aside and evade or parry most of the sudden attacks from the vampire, but one swing managed clip him on the side, drawing blood. With a gasp of pain, Hugues stepped back and activated his left gauntlet. A subtle whirlwind wrapped itself around Hugues, strong enough to deflect the vampire's sword just enough to give him enough time to evade any future attacks. He hadn't even found Claire or Chepi yet, and he couldn't risk getting hurt any more.

(Activating Left Shield Gauntlet. +5 Air Block for two exchanges.)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +0. Air-Block +5 (two exchanges)
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Avaliable Tags: Just a flesh wound!
Physical:	(X) ( ) (X)
Mental:		( ) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	Just a flesh wound! 
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	()
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: Flame Arrow Gauntlet

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"No!" Andy interrupts, not looking away from the demon- because that's what it was. But the demon paid him no attention. "You will fetch me the box for the girl, little one? That is all I ask. As you see, she has come to no... lasting... harm." His eyes flicker in the light, the pupils vertical and flecked like a lizard's. "If this is a true offer then I would have you swear it, on your power. And you may go." His lips split into a smile revealing broken yellow teeth. "These two will stay with me. I may even let the Champion go, if he behaves." Black blood drips from the wounded hand.

"No, girl. This isn't the way of it." Andy argues, risking a glance back at Jenny. He doesn't look angry or accusatory, he looks worried.

Bad Man rolls a 0 defending so takes "Greedy Foolish Mortals" for 3 exchanges. He is currently waiting for a response, combat will resume after if necessary.

--

Cole scans the list again but sees no other familiar names. "I'm not sure it's that simple. The question is: who benefits? The Raiths sure as hell don't."

The floor panel is small, about 2 feet square. It leads straight down into darkness. There is a metal ladder on one side. Cole grabs a paperweight off the desk and drops it down the hole. It's not long before the sound of it smacking off rock at the bottom echoes up. "Twenty feet or so." He says. There's a sweet scent coming from below. It smells like incense of some kind.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 12, 2012

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Ada duSang - FP: 0

"Hugues!" Ada yelled as Hugues went on the defensive. "Watch yourself! We didn't come after you just to see you get stabbed by some cocky prettyboy!"

Making a quick cut on her wrist, Ada glared at the vampire. "As for you..." She growled, as the blood coalesced into a tiny little sphere, then expanded forward and backwards until it became a lance. "You're all about games, aren't you? Then let's play a little game. CATCH! Suru Haita!". Extending her hand forward, Ada sent a blast of blood at the game freak, who only barely managed to step aside. "drat! Missed!" She muttered, glaring at the vampire.

Taking this turn easy: summoning six shifts of power, for a Weapon: 6 attack against Speedo. Base discipline of +6 and a roll of /+// produces a final result of...+7! Speedo gets a +6, but Fate Points to avoid getting gibbed. Close!

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Discipline +4
Applicable Aspects: None!
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Mental:		(X) (X) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	(), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Jenny isn't really sure what the Bad Man's deal, but there is no way in hell she's making a deal with a demon. Still... better to keep him talking.

Keeping her voice in that high, screechy pitch, Jenny scowls. How would Hughes phrase something like... ah, yes. "Do you take me for a simpleton, demon? I care nothing for the Champion; he is a fool. But I won't leave this place without assurances of further safe conduct, and with your binding oath. You must do no lasting harm to the girl or me for at least... a week, in exchange for bringing the box to you. I'll not be betrayed by you after delivering your goal unto you."

Deceit /+/+ +3 = 5 to place another aspect on the Demon, but I'm not sure what to call it; Willing To Bargain, maybe.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Speedo drops to the deck unnaturally fast, laughing as he does. "You think me weak, like my poor little bastard brother?" He says, circling Hugues. "Wrong." Menace just pours off the vampire, which is kind of impressive given how anorexic and mostly naked he is.

He feints at Hugues, a predator's smile on his bone-white face. "It is time to thin the herd." he says softly.

'Three on one and he doesn't even care.' 'Too strong.' 'Why am I even here?' 'Time to run.' 'Doesn't care if you shoot him.' 'Hopeless. Hopeless. Hopeless.' A hundred thoughts of despair flood J.R's already aching head.

Speedo spends his only FP on not getting blood lanced to death, thanks to his "White Court Nobleman" aspect.
Mind melting time! Intimidate ++// +4 = 6 + two tags (fragile/mild) = a whopping 10 at weapon:2. Yeowch.

pre:
Name: Speedo
Physical:()()(X)(X)
Mild (-2): 
Moderate (-4): 
Major (-6):
--

Bad Man now has two temp aspects: Willing to Bargain(4 turns), Greedy Foolish Mortals(3 turns)

Andy isn't stupid, he recognizes that Jenny is trying some kind of deception. But he doesn't really think she can pull it off. The demon isn't going to let her go without her oath, and oaths like that have power. Once given, she'll be bound by her word, and if she breaks it... Well, if it doesn't cripple her in some way, it could simply leave her open to a psychic mangling by the demon, or any of its friends.

Andy won't allow that. "Enough." He says. "The girl does not even know where the box is. You waste your time." He takes another swing but it goes wide and the demon doesn't budge.

Andy attacks! ---- +4 = 0... Demon defends! ///- +3 = 2. Geez.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 13, 2012

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

Mitsuo glowers at the hole in the floor, the coffee-stain spreading up his cuffs, and life in general. "The Raiths, in my understanding, are rarely reliable or predictable. It seems likely they are being hired or compensated to play some part in the scheme, whether they are aware of it or not. And this... Maybe this is what we are searching for after all. Follow me." He sticks his feet into the hole. Once he's on the ladder, he spares a hand for a quick gesture. A tiny ball of bluish light winks into being, bobbing around Mitsuo's head. Satisfied, he starts to descend.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 1->0

JR struggles against the waves of depression coming from the vampire. He fires the gun almost more out of habit than desire, and doesn't bother to speak.

+-++ +2 = 4, plus an FP on I Won't Back Down, leaves 6 stress. JR takes a moderate consequence of Miserable and fills in his 2nd box. Guns --+/ +5 = 4, with a weapon:3
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:2 (use mental stress to re-use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, I Won't Back Down
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: +2 Weapon vs. targets with armor
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		(X) (X) (X)
Social:		() () () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence: Stressed out	(X), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: Miserable ()

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"I'm starting to get real annoyed, you boring pest."
(And coming up for stuff here is difficult.

Anyway, Weapons attack yadda yadda.
Weapons ++/+ +3 = 6!!! Warden Sword is still the same old Weapons:2. Also Speedo apparently got a Mild that I'll tag for +8!)

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +4, Discipline +4, Rapport +0. Air-Block +5 (one exchange)
Applicable Aspects: Clone of a WWII Warden, Protector of the Small, You Only Live Twice
Avaliable Tags: Just a flesh wound!
Physical:	(X) ( ) (X)
Mental:		( ) ( ) ( )
Social:		( ) ( ) 
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	Just a flesh wound! 
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	()
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()
Used: Flame Arrow Gauntlet

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Speedo is more than a little shocked when J.R. manages to fight through the despair long enough to fire his gun again. It's a solid shoulder shot this time. The distraction is enough for Hugues to duck in with his sword and score a nasty disabling slash on the back of the vampire's leg. He goes down on one knee, gasping. Pale blood splatters across the deck.

"Hold." the vampire says, struggling to his feet. "I am bested." He glares at Ada. Two on one is difficult but manageable. Three on one... He shakes his head. "The game ends. Do as you like, wizardlings. You will meet no resistance from me or mine." His voice carries a note of command.

"N-no! Claus don't, they can't!" Octavian flops over the side rail, soaking wet, followed by a much more graceful, if just as wet, Veronica. "Antoine will kill me. He'll kill me, Claus."

"And why should I care, after you disgraced yourself so thoroughly?" Speedo lifts his lip in a sneer. "Fight them, then, if you want to. I have done my part. If Antoine wishes to take it up with Father he may." Octavian doesn't reply, he just curls up in a ball and whimpers. The salty water on those burns and cuts must be excruciatingly painful. "Then it is done. Go away, wizards, and take what you came for. I care not."

Defense rolls of 4 and 5 respectively, takes 3 dmg then 5 dmg.
Speedo Concedes. Orange is taken out, and the girls are not fighting, so battle concludes!

pre:
Name: Speedo
Physical:(X)(X)(X)(X)
Mild (-2): Shoulder Shot (used)
Moderate (-4): Hamstrung
Major (-6):
--

Warden Cole FP:2

"Oh, please don't let me regret this later." Cole mutters to himself, lighting his crystal and hanging it around his neck. He starts down the ladder after Mitsuo. He briefly wonders if there's a way to get word to the others but he can't think of anything. He pulls the tile closed before he goes down. With the broken door and spilled coffee they're not exactly being sneaky but something is better than nothing.

At the bottom there's a low ceiling'd dry tunnel, surprising, given how close to the water they are. The sweet incense scent is stronger here. It's masking something else, something rotten. A false scent, like... flowers at a funeral home. It sets Cole on edge. The walls and floor of the tunnel are smooth concrete, as if they were man made, not natural rock at all. The two men follow it for about thirty feet before they reach a T-intersection. The sound of running water can be heard from the left fork. The sweet scent is stronger from the right.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 13, 2012

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

Mitsuo looks back at Cole. "Any opinion on which path to take?"

(Cole shakes his head.)

Shrugging, he says, "One is as good as the other, I suppose." Mitsuo produces a coin from his jacket pocket, flicks it into the air, and shows it to Cole on the back of his hand. Heads. "Left it is." He pockets the coin and strikes out on the left path.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The ground slopes sharply downward for a ways then levels out. The walls drip and sweat, and there are puddles on the floor. "We're... under the marina?" Cole ponders, looking at the dripping ceiling. It seems to be the case. The tunnel abruptly opens into a small square room with a circular pool in the center. The water is dark and calm and smells of salt. There are thin trails of slime leading out of the pool, to a row of hooks on one wall. Several sets of clothing hang from the hooks, all identical pale blue workman's outfits. No slime leads away.

--

Warden Cole FP: 2

"What in the hell is this for?" Cole walks over to the pool and touches the water's surface. A bubble of air pressure meets his hand, keeping the water from flowing up into the room. "This must lead out into the harbor." He says. "Some kind of exit? But demons can't cross running water, this kind of exit is useless to them."

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 3->2

Jenny rolls her eyes as Andy swings wildly, missing the demon completely. "Champion, you have no idea what powers you are dealing with. Demon, listen to my offer." As she raises her right arm in an imploring gesture at the demon, the braided wood and silver armband flexes slightly against her skin as she begins to surreptitiously raise power. Her voice shifts under the strain as the creaky affectation drops and fades, reverting to more normal tones but still retaining the archaic speech pattern. "I have but one demand, demon, but I suggest you consider it carefully."

The pressure of the power builds behind her mind as she carefully aligns her hand, still in an imploring gesture. Her voice is low, angry and strained as it comes out through her gritted teeth, the only outward signs of the tremendous magical pressure she's building. "Leave this city, or die."

Her arm shoots forward as she unleashes the power through her arm, dead center on the demon's mass. The magical force slams into the demon, surging upwards as it does and sending him flying out of sight. The sound of shattered glass echoes through the boat as he goes through the aft deck window without slowing, soaring through the air. Jenny staggers, light-headed, but catches herself against the table without falling to the floor, Claire still grasped under her arm.

Summoning 8 shifts of power at a 4-stress mental hit. Discipline /+++ +5 = 8, invoking "Inhuman Means Subhuman" for 10 and then tagging both "Willing to Deal" and "Greedy, Foolish Mortals" to bring it up to 14 with Weapon:8. Using all of those shifts to throw the demon off the boat. Way off the boat.

pre:
Defenses: Athletics +2, Shield Ring (+4)
Applicable Aspects: Apprentice to..., Ingenue's Intercession, "Inhuman Means Subhuman"
Physical:	( ) ( ) ( ) 
Mental:		(X) (X) ( ) (X)
Social:		( ) ( ) ( )
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	( )
Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	( )
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	( )
Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	( )

RPZip fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The Bad Man is blown up and out, crashing through walls and flying into the air. He lands in the water about fifty feet from the boat. PLOOSH! The yacht rocks in the wave it creates, and the water starts to bubble and boil. There is a piercing animal scream, and then nothing.

The vampires, the passengers, and the wizards are all stunned into silence.

"Octavian. Why was there a demon on Uncle's boat?" Olivia asks, calmly.
"Yes, Octavian, do explain." Claus growls. Octavian, for his part, just curls up tighter into a ball and continues whimpering.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

"Very well. We'll find the girl and leave instantly. Thank you for using reason." Hugues sheathed his sword, and placed his hand on his side. He'd have to get Jenny to take a look at it later. With that fight overwith he turned to the door inside the boat and opened it up just in time to see Jenny blast a demon through the side of the boat.
Wait, what?

It took him several moments to process what he just saw, watching the demon dissolve in the water, and looking back to Jenny and Andy and...Claire? "Oh thank goodness you found her. Jenny...I...That..." He shook his head. Jesus Christ he missed doing that. He whistled softly and looked around the room. "Chepi? You alive?"

(Lore +5 to detect Chepi's presence. Part of The Sight, so extra +1.
Lore: /-/- +5 +1 = 4... Eh, good enough I hope.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Hey!" Calls a tiny muffled voice. Hugues follows it to the interior of the ship and find a dessert table loaded with a whole lot of things of the chocolate, sugary, and baked nature. There's also a little yellow glowball trapped under a glass cake protector. There obviously WAS a cake in there with her at some point but all that's left is some spare frosting and crumbs. "Hey let me out! I can't get out!" Her tiny fists pound on the glass.

--

"Dock us, the authorities will be here in a moment and I don't want this to be any worse than it already is." Claus orders. "Percy! Bring my clothing."

In a few moment the yacht, gaping hole and all, has pulled back into the slip, still trailing the stolen dinghy.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 13, 2012

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 2

Jenny staggers out onto the deck, Claire still tucked into her arms and Andy following close behind. Ada and Hughes seemed fine, if a little winded. JR looked like he was about to fall over, but what really caught her eye was the three strangers standing near a man curled into a fetal position. The standing man was lean and... repulsively attractive in a strange way, whereas the two women standing near him were just obnoxiously attractive in a way that made her self-consciously check her clothing.

Ah, screw it. She'd never liked those stuck-up bitchy types, and she was far too tired to give a drat what they thought. Besides, I bet they can't knock a demon out of a boat like a drat cannon ball.

Standing in front of them with her magic arm held loosely at her side, Jenny scowls in the direction of the beautiful people. "It's been a long day, so I'm going to make this short. Whose fault was the demon, and which one of you thought it was a good idea to kidnap Claire here?"

Totally flubbed my Lore roll with /--- +2 = -1. Vampire whatsits?

RPZip fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 13, 2012

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Had he not just get seduced by a succubus at least twice his age, then ignite and swordfight her cousins all while desperately searching for a little girl from being demon food, Hugues might have scolded Chepi right there. For now, he silently lifted up the cake protector and gently reached for Chepi with the same exhausted sigh a parent might have made after searching and finding their child safe and sound. "Come on, let's get out of here." He spoke that to no one in particular as he placed Chepi in his pocket. "You stay in there until I say otherwise." Wait...how did she eat all that cake and not get fat? Eh, he could worry about that later.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Whose fault was the demon, and which one of you thought it was a good idea to kidnap Claire here?"

All eyes turn to Octavian. "Madam." Claus, says, with a little half-bow. "Please forgive my brother's idiocy. You have my assurance that it will not happen again." He tilts his head as the police sirens enter the parking lot. "You have what you came for, and you should leave. I have enough to explain."

"Fireworks improperly stored, cousin. Poor Octavian was simply smoking in the wrong place." Olivia laughed. "Give me a moment with them and they'll want to believe anything you say, I can do that much."

Claus sighs. "Thank you, Olivia."

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

When the yacht docked back at the pier, Hugues waited to step off, looking for the blonde Raith from before. "You, a quick word. I want you to understand that the neither the White Court nor any of it's families are our enemies. However, it seems certain members are conspiring with the demons and thus, these select few are our enemies." He reached out and took Veronica's hand, and gently brought it to his lips to kiss it like a gentleman. "I hope this does not create any bad blood between us the next time we meet again. In fact..." an idea pops into his head, "we might need to get into communication with the White Court again in the near future. I'd appreciate a way to contact you so the situation might not end up as...disastrous as this."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
J.R. - FP: 0

JR quickly reloads his gun, then places it back inside his duster. It's been a long day - first he found out that the others were summoning demons, then he got trapped in a dark cave, then he had to fight Indians, and then he get his mind worked over by White Court vampires. He just wants to get back to his hotel room and lie down, before he has to go to the concert tonight.

Piell fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Veronica keeps her voice low enough that no one else can hear. "Oh my. A wizard AND a gentleman. Someone is older than he looks." She smiles seductively. Then she pulls Hugues closer and plants a kiss on his forehead, while slipping a business card into his hand. "Just for business, little one. At least for the next 8 or 9 years." Then she turns and walks away, giving Hugues quite the view.

The card in his hand says:

Veronica Dondarian, consultant
>DIAMOND SKIES< nightclub
(555) 334-2021

As Hugues looks at the card, he realizes that the pain in his side is gone. He checks, and the wound is still there, and still pretty bad looking. He touches his forehead where the vampire had kissed him. Well, what do you know.

Hugues gains the temporary aspect: "Kiss the Pain Away" for the rest of the day.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Jenny Hirsch FP: 2

Jenny rolls her eyes at the vampire's pronouncement, briefly considers cursing, and then doesn't because she's still holding Claire. Still clutching the girl tight, she kneels down in front of the man in the fetal position.

"Hey. rear end in a top hat."

Jenny waits for his eyes to flicker towards her, though the contact is brief before he looks away again. She lowers her voice so the others can't hear her, keeping one hand over Claire's ears as she stares daggers at him. "If I ever, and I mean ever, see you again I will ensure that your last moments on this world are excruciatingly painful. You would not believe what I could do to you. Come near me or one of my friends again, and you will wish you had slit your own throat instead. Do. Not. gently caress. With. Me."

And with that she stands, trying not to throw up all over the... monster. She settles for spitting at him instead before turning on her heel and walking off the boat at a steady, measured pace, refusing to look backwards. "Let's go."

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 1 --> 0

On one hand, Hugues was really starting to wish he had figured out a way to actually age his body up. On the other hand, this childish body was probably all that stopped him from getting dominated by her in the first place. He settled on shaking his head trying to clear his emotions when he saw Jenny yelling at the White Court vampire that all the others seemed to place the blame on. For now though, he was too tired to care. "Auntie, let's hurry up and get out of here. Cops are real close and...where the heck did Cole run off to? Ugh. Let's get in your car and I'll magic up something to tell Cole we won."

(Rough Divination/Communication on the Warden Pin to send out a message to Cole's.
Base Complexity 5 + 2 with a Fate Point on Clone of a WWII Warden for total Complexity of 7. Should be enough to reasonably send a message.
One shift at a time: +--- = -2 +--- = -2 +++/ = 3 --+/ = -1 //-+ = 0 +-// = 0 -//+ = 0. No ---- so success!)

Hugues mumbles to himself in the back seat of Jenny's car while finally the Warden Pin starts glowing with a blue light. "Ah, yes, think I got it. Cole? If you can hear me, we found Claire. Repeat, we found Claire."

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 13, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cole? If you ... ..ear me... found...er... peat... found Claire...

Cole jumps slightly as the master pin on his cloak starts talking in Hugues' voice. Smart, but under all this water the message was fuzzy and distorted. Still it's enough to get the point across. "They found Claire." He repeats to Mitsuo. He held the pin up, adding his own power to the connection. It strengthened a bit.

"Understood, Hugues. Is everyone all right?"
"No serious injuries... fine, ...st tired." Hugues said.
"Mitsuo found something under the office, we can't leave yet. Go home, I'll contact you if we need help."
"Un...stood. Don't die."
"I'll try not to. Cole out."

The spell fades. Cole repinned the pin and looks at Mitsuo. "I kind of want to see what's down there." He says, nodding at the pool.

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

Mitsuo nods. "I agree. Though, I wonder..." He steps over to the rack and fingers one of the jumpsuits. "Why the slime-trail from the pool to here, and not away? Could something be transforming or disguising itself at this point?" He stares at the suit for a long moment... then closes his fist and tears one of the suits off the wall. He turns and throws it at Cole's feet. "Take a look at this. See what you can See," he says angrily, moving to look into the magic pool.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"You want me to use my Sight on a shirt?" Cole asks, raising an eyebrow. "Are you feeling okay?" Cole shakes his head, picking up the shirt and giving it a once over. He doesn't feel anything magical about it, and there's no slime on it either. It's not perfectly clean, there's a few stains that look like oil and a dark brown one that initially looked like blood but a quick sniff revealed was ketchup. "It's just a shirt Mitsuo, if something's transforming like the trail suggests it's doing it before getting dressed." He returns the shirt to the hook, smoothing it so it looks like the others.

Cole shrugs out of his cloak, folds it into a square and sits cross-legged on it. "We'll need a water breathing spell."

Investigate on the shirt: +/-- +4 = 3! It is a shirt.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 13, 2012

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

Mitsuo removes and pockets his tie. "Fine. The thought of a Cthulhian monstrosity using an enchanted overall for a disguise was unsettling. Some of us do not have the luxury of your perfect Sight." Producing a bit of chalk he starts marking out swirling, bulbous runes on the floor. He finishes the glyph with a kanji character meaning "man," inside three concentric rings.

The chalk goes back into a pocket and Mitsuo kneels to touch his handiwork. He breathes slowly, alternately tensing and relaxing muscles throughout his body. The pattern of a familiar meditation starts to form in his mind. Suddenly - very suddenly - everything falls away and the mental pattern locks into place, solid as steel. All of the anger, frustration, guilt, and pain of the last few days surges out of him at once. The spell is practically casting itself at this point. Mitsuo just keeps his mind on track, watching as the hydrogen and oxygen atoms around him recombine in new and exciting ways.

Complexity 12 for a bubble-over-mouth water breathing spell, with the added benefit of making our clothes hydrophobic so our pocket contents stay dry and we won't be soaked when we get out.
Lore 3, Lore for "Water Whizzard" +2, Discipline for "Zen Mind" and using the extra 6 spin as 2 more maneuvers for a total +6, Conviction for "Channeled Anger" +2 gives us 13 of 12.

Lore maneuver //++ = 5
Disc maneuver ++++ = 9 (god dammit foxxbot)
Conv maneuver --/+ = 4

Controlling 3 shifts per roll with Disc +5. 0, -2, -1, then -3 and I invoke In From the Cold to make it -1.

Finished, he stands slowly and presses a hand through the air barrier into the water. Removing it, he displays it to Cole, completely dry. "Ready to go?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Cole watches Mitsuo work with professional admiration. He would have helped, but the other man seemed like he had something to prove. It was a clever little piece of magic, using air like that. He took a deep breath as Mitsuo's spell settled over him like a warm blanket. It was hard to just let another person's magic affect him like that without putting up some kind of defense but he managed.

"Ready." He confirmed, using his newly waterproof cloak to toss some water over the chalk marks, erasing them. "This is a nice spell, a lot different from mine. But it gets cold down there."

Cole waves Mitsuo over and traces a circle over his heart with one finger. "Fudumala." he whispers. He repeats the process over his own chest. Nothing seems to happen but Cole grins. "There. That'll keep our internal temperatures at a steady 98.6."

Little thaumaturgy spell, complexity 5. Lore has that, 2 rolls at +5 disc (3+2), 1,1, success.

--

Cole sits down on the edge of the pool with his feet in. The water is actually pretty cold this time of year but it feels like bathwater thanks to the warming spell. There's a slight suction against his feet. "I think there's some kind of current." He says, slipping further into the water. "Yep, there is- WHOA!"

And then the Warden is gone.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 13, 2012

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

"Cole? Cole! Oh, hell!" Mitsuo bounces on the balls of his feet, then dives into the well, arching his back to enter cleanly. A good dive might earn him enough extra speed to catch up with Cole quickly.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The current grabs Mitsuo immediately, and pulls him down and out into open water. Looking up he can see the hulls of the boats in the marina for just a moment before he's dragged out of the harbor and into Lake Pontchartrain. It's obvious that this isn't a natural occurance, it's heading for a destination. A few hectic minutes later the wild ride ends, and Mitsuo finds himself slowing and sinking to the bottom of the shallow salty lake. Cole is already standing on the murky lakebed below, and he gives Mitsuo a wave. The water is about 12 feet deep here, and not very clear. There are small fish, crayfish, and seaweed everywhere.

Warden Cole FP:2->3

"That was one hell of a ride!" Cole says, his voice muffled and muted by the water. "Looks like there's some kind of island above us." He steps out of the way of a large catfish, out prowling the bottom. "I think we should-"

And that's all the Warden got to say before something grabbed him around the leg and yanked him down into the mud with a huge oversized claw. You could potentially call it a crab, if crabs were the size of bears. Cole had apparently been standing on it's head and it wasn't exactly pleased.

Compel on Cole's "Junior Warden" to not notice that he's been standing on top of a monster crab for the past minute and get ambushed into a grapple.
Crab grapples! Might +//- +4 = 4
Cole defends! Athletics //-/ (nulled by ambush) = -1. Grapple sticks.

Init:
Mitsuo
Cole
Crab

pre:
Name: Bear Crab
Defenses: Athletics 3
Aspects: --
Physical:()()()()
Mild (-2): 
Moderate (-4): 
Major (-6):

Chrome Gnome
Jan 21, 2009

yum tum yummy tum tay

Okay, self, remember your diving lessons. Don't freak out. Stay calm, continue breathing normally, stab a giant crab-monster.

Mitsuo takes a deep breath and slides the knife out of its hidden cache. A powerful kick brings him down to Cole's level. He dodges around the swinging claw (and Cole) and endeavours to put the knife between plates of chitin.

Weapons +4, ---/ = +1. Go to hell foxxbot, I'm hitting "Dashing Forward" and my aquatic assault training to re-roll. That gives me //++ +4 = +6 stabbing points with Weapon:1.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Hugues Turner Fate Points: 0

Hugues ended the ritual on the pin, and closed his eyes as he leaned back in the car and dropped his hand to his side. "And we've still got that concert to investigate. Oh." He reached into his pocket and pulled out Chepi, who was sticking out her tounge for being shoved there. "I've got a new job for you. Back at the boat there's a White Court vampire, the one who gave me her business card. I want you to follow her now. Oh, and pass the word to Nidawi, she needs to go back to following the Warden." He lowered the window and Chepi dashed out to the fresh air with a streak of yellow light.

"There...Jenny? Is there any chance you can pull over? I think I'm still bleeding."

EDIT: vv Deceit 2 --> 3. Updated Pixie Payroll.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Significant Milestone Declared for everyone on Yacht Crew! +1 skill points, yada yada, refresh and empty your stress tracks. Cole and Mitsuo will have to wait till they finish the current scenario.

Crabby defends! -//- +3 = 1. takes 6 stress, 4th and a mild.

The crab swats at Mitsuo with one claw as he digs into the soft tissue with his weapon but it doesn't release Cole. The Warden attempts to use his sword as a prybar but can't get the crab to let go of his leg. The claw tightens, and Cole lets out a gasp of pain.

Cole attempts to break grapple, rolls a 0, reroll a 2. Not good enough.
Crab re-grapples, //+- +4 = 4, -1 for a supplemental 1 damage. Cole marks first box. Grapple strength of 3.

pre:
Name: Bear Crab
Defenses: Athletics 3
Aspects: --
Physical:()()()(X)
Mild (-2): Skewered
Moderate (-4): 
Major (-6):
pre:
Name: Cole
Defenses: Athletics +3
Aspects: Veteran of the Vampire War. Come Hell or High Water.
Mental: () () () ()
Physical: (X) () ()
Minor (-2):
Moderate (-4):
Severe (-6):

• Locked thread