Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
Hey, my band Saturday Night Jihad recorded a few songs the other week and I was hoping to get some opinions. We're still pretty new and kind of suck, but we could be worse.

Ignore the awful recording quality and the before and after of each song. I was too lazy to edit that poo poo out. We're all pretty immature.

Anyways, here's our cover of Kill the Poor(awful cellphone quality ahead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MceC_cGD0kE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Eerkik posted:

Hey, my band Saturday Night Jihad recorded a few songs the other week and I was hoping to get some opinions. We're still pretty new and kind of suck, but we could be worse.

Ignore the awful recording quality and the before and after of each song. I was too lazy to edit that poo poo out. We're all pretty immature.

Anyways, here's our cover of Kill the Poor(awful cellphone quality ahead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=MceC_cGD0kE

Reminds me of the bands I used to go see in high school, so I'm happy.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
Is this the thread to discuss all the awesome bands you are going to see at Rebellion festival in Blackpool this August?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Quantumfate posted:

I don't know if this is recently, but I saw DRI in 2010, and they put on a pretty decent set. IF it's your thing I would say be pumped.
They ended up being awesome. They are so insanely tight.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Heintron posted:

Is this the thread to discuss all the awesome bands you are going to see at Rebellion festival in Blackpool this August?

I would assume so. Based on the confirmed bands it isn't really something I'd be interested in ever going to though. Then again the only place I'd go out of country for would probably be Roadburn, but that isn't exactly relevant here.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Hey y'all. I was in that Dead Ringer band for a while and found a lot of goon love. Unfortunately, that's no longer happening, so I started up a new project. Heavy influence of Dillinger Four, Bigwig, Propagandhi, etc. Melodic punk rock kinda stuff. Still working on lineups... I'm interested in finding backing bands all over, instead of just sticking to one lineup. This'll help me hit more of the country and meet way more rad people.

I posted the first single today. Free download. http://civilwarmth.tumblr.com

Opinions would be awesome!

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I was expecting something different from the heavy influence of D4, Propagandhi, etc.But the bigwig influence is obvious and really clear. I like it. The opening riff is super catchy. I think my biggest criticism is with the vocals, they sound like they're trying to be british. My personal preference would also be for them to be spoken a little angrier to really match the feel of the song. But eh, that's nitpicky for something I really enjoy.

Also: Ironchic! I caught your show last night. it was weird and goth. I liked it! Opening with light bearer was great and really caught my attention. What also caught my attention was zola jesus, which had me double checking to see if I was listening to the right thing. But the mood of your selection for the night was really well done. Flowed pretty well and was certainly. . . eclectic?

You mentioned taking suggestions or submissions for what to play, if I had soem, what would be the best way to contact you. Here? I know you mentioned a facebook on your show, would you prefer me to contact you via that, and if so what is it? Also! I have some questions about doing a punk radio show on student radio I'd love to get int ouch with you over.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

Quantumfate posted:

I was expecting something different from the heavy influence of D4, Propagandhi, etc.But the bigwig influence is obvious and really clear. I like it. The opening riff is super catchy. I think my biggest criticism is with the vocals, they sound like they're trying to be british. My personal preference would also be for them to be spoken a little angrier to really match the feel of the song. But eh, that's nitpicky for something I really enjoy.

Also: Ironchic! I caught your show last night. it was weird and goth. I liked it! Opening with light bearer was great and really caught my attention. What also caught my attention was zola jesus, which had me double checking to see if I was listening to the right thing. But the mood of your selection for the night was really well done. Flowed pretty well and was certainly. . . eclectic?

You mentioned taking suggestions or submissions for what to play, if I had soem, what would be the best way to contact you. Here? I know you mentioned a facebook on your show, would you prefer me to contact you via that, and if so what is it? Also! I have some questions about doing a punk radio show on student radio I'd love to get int ouch with you over.

Hey man, thanks so much for listening! I had fun mixing it up. Here's my facebook, feel free to message me or whatever! [i added you]

Just wanted to add i saw bomb the music industry and it was fun as heck, obviously. I also want to say its weird when kids ask for autographs from diy dudes.

iron chic fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 6, 2012

jbitt
Dec 22, 2009

sencerly,
Anyone else going to Stay Sweet next week?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Does anyone know if the old singer for A Change of Pace joined a new band and the Scary Kids Scaring Kids singer?

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
I've been listening to some classics from my high school days and I'll be damned if a finer record than Dance Tonight, Revolution Tomorrow! exists.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Good album. I was actually just thinking this morning about how weird it is that I listen to S/T (Gatefold) more than any of their other releases despite it possibly being my least favorite.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just bought tickets to go see Suicide Machines, the same weekend that I might be going to see Rancid (depending on if I can afford to take a night off, the ticket is free).

The week after that? Arrogant Sons of Bitches reunion.

This spring rules.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.

rivals posted:

Good album. I was actually just thinking this morning about how weird it is that I listen to S/T (Gatefold) more than any of their other releases despite it possibly being my least favorite.

Gatefold is probably my least favorite as well, it lacks a certain intensity that the previous records had in abundance.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dickeye posted:

I just bought tickets to go see Suicide Machines, the same weekend that I might be going to see Rancid (depending on if I can afford to take a night off, the ticket is free).

The week after that? Arrogant Sons of Bitches reunion.

This spring rules.

That is anawesome combo.

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid
Hey, my band just released a new song on alt press yesterday. Check it out.

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/premiere_apart_blindfolds

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

AbrahamBurgers posted:

I enjoyed this a lot, can't wait to hear the whole LP!

theuser
Jan 27, 2011

by Fistgrrl
this dipshit posted a banme in like 20 forums and I edited out the post so as not to confuse/derail

--
het

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 10, 2012

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AbrahamBurgers posted:

What? You're in Apart? poo poo owns, dude. Also that album cover is fuckin' awesome.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

AbrahamBurgers posted:

Everybody in your band except for the chubby guy has exactly the same face.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

chamois posted:

Everybody in your band except for the chubby guy has exactly the same face.

Yeah that photo does kind of make me :stare:

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

Yeah that photo does kind of make me :stare:

Haha, well I'm not even in that picture, and the guy on the end was a fill in bass player. I don't know what the gently caress is up with that picture.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AbrahamBurgers posted:

Haha, well I'm not even in that picture, and the guy on the end was a fill in bass player. I don't know what the gently caress is up with that picture.

Your regular bassist is in the Army, right? That must be tough to work around.

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

Your regular bassist is in the Army, right? That must be tough to work around.

Our old bassist is. We just got a new bassist after having fill ins for a year. We haven't even played a show with him yet.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Really diggin' that too. Thanks!

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.
Anyone hitting up Chaos In Tejas this year? I just got my 4 day pass in the mail. This will be my 3rd year in a row going. Mostly excited to see The Clean, St. Vitus, Moss Icon, Antisect, and Winter.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I'm going! It'll be my 4th year in a row, it's always a great time. Looking forward to Antisect, Zyanose, Forward, Gas Chamber, No Fucker, and a bunch more.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Pop punk from Brighton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K8AyLFbG0U

edit:

GOD IS BED posted:

Anyone else going to the Impossibles reunion shows in June?

Whoah what thE gently caress gently caress MY LIFE

a slime fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 14, 2012

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Even though they broke up a few months back, a local band/bunch of friends of mine called Capture the Plague put up their only decently recorded album on itunes. Rock'n roll punk, for the most part. It's seven bucks, but if you don't care to pay for it, you can hear some of the tracks and a couple older recordings for free at their reverbnation page: http://www.reverbnation.com/capturetheplague and get the b-sides for free on bandcamp: http://capturetheplague.bandcamp.com/album/oct-nov-dis-b-sides

Check 'em out.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

not a dinosaur posted:

Whoah what thE gently caress gently caress MY LIFE

I dunno if it's a one off pair of shows or if they're gonna record more or what. I almost missed it myself, had to convince my sister-in-law to give me her ticket.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maybe this is the wrong thread but does anyone have a free ticket to Andrew Jackson Jihad/Joyce Manor at Bear's Place in Boston this Sunday? I don't want to miss that perfection in show form.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have never felt so old as I just did in the pit at the Amityville Touche/Defeater show.

I forgot that LI shows are roughly 99% high schoolers.

EDIT: I should also bring a change of clothes when I drive to shows. The two hours back home probably turned my driver's seat into a biohazard.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 20, 2012

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Inspector_71 posted:

I have never felt so old as I just did in the pit at the Amityville Touche/Defeater show.

gently caress, that just reminded me that I forgot to go to the Cancer Bats/Touche show last Friday in Ottawa :(

That'll teach me to figure, "oh I'll just get my ticket at the door." I need a fuckin fridge reminder for shows.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Inspector_71 posted:

EDIT: I should also bring a change of clothes when I drive to shows. The two hours back home probably turned my driver's seat into a biohazard.

So many high school friends had Facebook statuses that they went to that show. Being in college upstate blows, especially since I can't find a way to the NY La Dispute shows :smith:

gangnam reference fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 20, 2012

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Parachute Underwear posted:

gently caress, that just reminded me that I forgot to go to the Cancer Bats/Touche show last Friday in Ottawa :(

That'll teach me to figure, "oh I'll just get my ticket at the door." I need a fuckin fridge reminder for shows.

That was my birthday. I went to some bar called the Dominion after and got intoxicated.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Refused played New Noise last night at Terminal 5 and every mid 30s hardcore kid lost their poo poo. The band was so, so happy to be playing.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Maybe this is the wrong thread but does anyone have a free ticket to Andrew Jackson Jihad/Joyce Manor at Bear's Place in Boston this Sunday? I don't want to miss that perfection in show form.

The show was really good, though I didn't stay for AJJ cause I had a paper to work on.

This probably doesn't help you at all, I'm sorry.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

magiccarpet posted:

Refused played New Noise last night at Terminal 5 and every mid 30s hardcore kid lost their poo poo. The band was so, so happy to be playing.

I just don't get why people like New Noise... it is an extremely weak song. If I was gonna flip poo poo it'd be to Rather Be Dead...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

LtTennisBall posted:

The show was really good, though I didn't stay for AJJ cause I had a paper to work on.

This probably doesn't help you at all, I'm sorry.

I hate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apart posted a new track on their Bandcamp: http://apartsc.bandcamp.com/track/candles-and-calendars

I'm pretty excited for this album now.