Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
I just started watching this thanks to you guys. The chief is playing final fight right now; poor guy (e22). I remember that game frustrating the poo poo out of me when I was younger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!
I've been out of town, and I haven't taken the time to make sure if the stream will be stable tonight or not, but in the meanwhile, Fuji ONE is being streamed for tonight's episode of Game Center CX on Freshverse. No schedule, though I may turn it to a local channel around 8:00 for Arashi VS., (it's on tonight, right?), but I'll make sure GCCX is on tonight at 10:00 PM JST, (that's about 2 1/2 hours from the time I post this).

quote:

16シーズン謝謝『スーパーチャイニーズ』 ▽名作アクションゲーム「スーパーチャイニーズ」に挑戦!▽たまゲーは「ゲーム平安」 ▽「有野30代 最後の生挑戦」反省会

quote:

▽第16シーズンが遂に開幕!記念すべき最初の挑戦ソフトは、名作アクションゲーム 「スーパーチャイニーズ」。難解なゲームシステムに、有野課長は悪戦苦闘… ▽たまゲーは、東京・北区赤羽にあるゲームセンター「ゲーム平安」。格闘ゲームをプレイする有野課長の前に意外な挑戦者が登場!?▽「有野30代 最後の生挑戦」の反省会を開催。 <ナビゲーター>有野晋哉(よゐこ)

shrgnatlas fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 12, 2012

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Tne new GCCX is being streamed in about an hour from now, correct?

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

iastudent posted:

Tne new GCCX is being streamed in about an hour from now, correct?

47 minutes from now.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The FujiTV site says that it starts at 24:00 JST. I would check then if GCCX does not air at 22:00 JST.

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

joek0 posted:

The FujiTV site says that it starts at 24:00 JST. I would check then if GCCX does not air at 22:00 JST.

Thank you, I am a dunce:

quote:

4/12(木) 24:00~25:00

We still have 2 hours and 20 minutes, roughly. I apologize to anyone I had misled! I will turn on ひみつの嵐ちゃん! (Himitsu no Arashi-chan) for the others that had wanted to watch that instead at 22:00, then leave it on Fuji ONE (not TWO as I had previously thought), after that. I wonder if this will be the normal scheduling time for this season? Seems late.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Showing at midnight? That's kind of lame for us workers :argh:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Awww, that means it'll start just after I get to work. :(

I'll have to live vicariously through this thread while I'm break.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just so you guys know Kan tweeted a few hours ago that there was going to be a special announcement at the end of the episode. Be sure to watch after the credits for it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Random Stranger posted:

Just so you guys know Kan tweeted a few hours ago that there was going to be a special announcement at the end of the episode. Be sure to watch after the credits for it.

USA DVD mention?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

USA DVD mention?

I popped over to amazon.co.jp to see if there was a product posting there (they'd probably have it before it got mentioned on the show). While I didn't find that I did find something else coming out very soon that may be of interest to GCCX fans.

It's called Game Record GP. It looks like it will be a DVD that's the polar opposite of Game Center CX; it's all about super players trying to achieve incredibly hard feats in old games. It gets released on April 25 and there are four different disks with three challenges on each disk. The contents are 90 minutes long so they're probably short challenges. I may wind up ordering one to see what it's like...

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Random Stranger posted:

It's called Game Record GP. The contents are 90 minutes long so they're probably short challenges. I may wind up ordering one to see what it's like...

Looks like the track listing is already available on other sites:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBH-7807

quote:

1. ゲームレコードGP
2. 「グラディウス」敵を倒すなフルマラソン
3. 「沙羅曼蛇」ステージ1☆ハイスコアバトル
4. 「グラディウス?U」パワーアップ禁止☆フルマラソン
5. 「パロディウスだ!〜神話からお笑いへ〜」難易度MAX!ステージ1☆ハイスコアバトル
6. 「ツインビー」3種の鈴☆タイムトライアル/ダブルス☆3種の鈴タイムトライアル
7. 「もえろツインビー シナモン博士を救え!」ダブルス!ステージ1☆ハイスコアバトル/トリプル☆ベストハイスコアバトル
8. 「ロードファイター」LEVEL2☆事故禁止タイムトライアル

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

It's starting guys!

http://www.freshverse.com/tv.php

e; first WAAPU of the game, already. Will Arino regret his decision to take the higher level? Only time will tell.

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 12, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I was going to go be productive today, but oh well. :v:

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

Tamage with Quiz Games? Time for Arino to show his stuff!

...Poor Arino.

Well that was awkward.

:D

Hello, AD Itou!

For those who wanted the "incantation".

Was this the "big news" that was tweeted about? We already knew about the SEGA DVD.

shrgnatlas fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 12, 2012

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
They showed Derby Owners Club for a few seconds at the beginning of the Tamage segment and now I desperately want Arino to play it. If only to see what he names his horse.

...and because it's my favorite arcade game...

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The GCCX SEGA DVD that was shown during the 40th bday live special has a nice segment. It will have a Virtual Fighter Staff Tournament.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Director Inoue :3:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

To be more specific Kan tweeted there would be news about an event. Looks like it's that "Game Center CX in Touhoku-Iwate" thing? Maybe it's related to the earthquake.

Aaaand it looks like it from the screencap, but did they show the gifts they couldn't get around to properly featuring on the birthday challenge?

Dangit, not another AD with a same name where we have to indicate male or female.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 12, 2012

shrgnatlas
Feb 24, 2012

Slime dropped 187 Gold!

zari-gani posted:

Looks like it from the screencap, but did they show the gifts they couldn't get around to properly featuring on the birthday challenge?

Only a few, it looks like it will most likely be a recurring segment this season. I don't know how I feel about that, but they had enough fun with it this week so maybe it'll be worth watching.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

To be more specific Kan tweeted there would be news about an event. Looks like it's that "Game Center CX in Touhoku-Iwate" thing? Maybe it's related to the earthquake.

Arino has done a few earthquake relief shows so it could be all part of that.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The incantation says that if they had the chance, they'd love to do another live broadcast.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Another 20-episode season? Jiminy Christmas!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

rdbbb posted:

Another 20-episode season? Jiminy Christmas!

Another full year of Arino at least.

I wonder if they'll even pad the season out with a couple of specials like they did last year.

I didn't get a chance to see the episode yet. Anyone catch the King's hint for the next episode?

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
Is there a way to buy any of the Game Center CX merchandise in the states, such as T Shirts?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I didn't get a chance to see the episode yet. Anyone catch the King's hint for the next episode?

According to tweeting fans, it's "dynamite" (yes, dainamaito). Dynamite Headdy...?

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011

zari-gani posted:

According to tweeting fans, it's "dynamite" (yes, dainamaito). Dynamite Headdy...?

My guess? The premiere of Sega Dreamcast challenges.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

StevenM posted:

My guess? The premiere of Sega Dreamcast challenges.

Dynamite Deka is more likely surely?

Is the new episode repeated this week? I missed it on the stream.

Dizzybone
Nov 24, 2007

Has he done a Master System game yet? I'm guessing Dynamite Dux.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Dynamaite: The Las Vegas for SNES would be my guess, looks like an another "wtf japan" type of game...

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dizzybone posted:

Has he done a Master System game yet?

He played Alex Kidd in Miracle World towards the end of last season.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Yeah, that would be my guess too.

Duckula posted:

Is the new episode repeated this week? I missed it on the stream.

They rerun the episode on Sunday IIRC.

Of course the blog already has it available for streaming. http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-461.html

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

At the end of the side segment about the 40th birthday challenge, Kan says the next live challenge will be in about a year and a half -- in commemoration of Abe's 50th birthday. Man, I hope he isn't joking.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, that would be my guess too.

They rerun the episode on Sunday IIRC.

Of course the blog already has it available for streaming. http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-461.html

Watching the stream because I could kill some time.

That's actually amazingly high quality, does this mean we'll see plenty of HQ releases for the later episodes once you guys get around to them?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

zari-gani posted:

At the end of the side segment about the 40th birthday challenge, Kan says the next live challenge will be in about a year and a half -- in commemoration of Abe's 50th birthday. Man, I hope he isn't joking.

Is there a different old man Abe lurking around the show? :psyduck:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

Watching the stream because I could kill some time.

That's actually amazingly high quality, does this mean we'll see plenty of HQ releases for the later episodes once you guys get around to them?

The versions I have are at worst a higher quality than the stream (slightly higher resolution, much less artifacting since they don't have to go through Flash). However, I have been unable to find very few really high resolution versions of later episodes that necessitate a high bitrate and consequently a special high quality version.

But the guy who has been encoding the most widely available versions of episodes in the past year or so is, to put it mildly, loving incompetent. He encodes everything in Windows media format and uses a relatively low resolution. He broke Battletoads 2 into two videos for some reason; one five minutes long and the other 55 minutes long. In the middle of the Tenka no Goikenban episode he hits FF on his playback and doesn't notice for about thirty seconds and then instead of starting over he left it in (I still haven't been able to find anything other than his version and the stream version which means it'll have to be patched). If I can ever find a better source I'd be overjoyed but Japanese filesharing seems to be stuck around 1998.

Bocc Kob posted:

Is there a different old man Abe lurking around the show? :psyduck:

The only way to kill Abe is to take his head.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Random Stranger posted:

The versions I have are at worst a higher quality than the stream (slightly higher resolution, much less artifacting since they don't have to go through Flash). However, I have been unable to find very few really high resolution versions of later episodes that necessitate a high bitrate and consequently a special high quality version.

But the guy who has been encoding the most widely available versions of episodes in the past year or so is, to put it mildly, loving incompetent. He encodes everything in Windows media format and uses a relatively low resolution. He broke Battletoads 2 into two videos for some reason; one five minutes long and the other 55 minutes long. In the middle of the Tenka no Goikenban episode he hits FF on his playback and doesn't notice for about thirty seconds and then instead of starting over he left it in (I still haven't been able to find anything other than his version and the stream version which means it'll have to be patched). If I can ever find a better source I'd be overjoyed but Japanese filesharing seems to be stuck around 1998.

I'd really just say that it's anything that doesn't relate to anime (and Tokusatsu by proxy) is stuck that far back. Albeit, some J-Dramas and K-Dramas avoid such a fate.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

The only way to kill Abe is to take his head.

Is it!?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Tweet from Diskotek:

We got some game center cx news! We're getting an extra episode! The mighty bomb jack live challenge! And there could be more....

Hope zarigani can fill us in better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wow, that would be amazing. Really looking forward to it.