Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

rockamiclikeavandal posted:

I like these. Simple and low key. No stupid gimmick or retarded stereotypes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjB3e7B3V08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIiWI3Iiliw

Yeah, I like those as well. Simple and to the point (and start an earworm for those who remember the original.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So dominoes is hiring, as long as you can be good at their pizza making app. :wtc:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Sash! posted:

Actually, they used to own the name Aspirin.

They had to give it up because of the Treaty of Versailles.

Really.

Which Treaty of Versailles?

Edit: nvm, it's Treaty of Paris that's ambiguous.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Learnin' crazy poo poo about asprin itt :drugnerd:

Also love the Geico spot where... comedian who's name escapes me is giving that old couple a taste test.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I do legitimately really like the new Nokia smartphone ad where Chris Parnell goes around telling everyone they've participated in a beta test with all their various crappy phones. It's clever and he's funny.

On the other side, there's an ad I can't find on Youtube for the local Worlds of Fun theme park, which is a family sitting around the table communicating in screams. Fun.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do legitimately really like the new Nokia smartphone ad where Chris Parnell goes around telling everyone they've participated in a beta test with all their various crappy phones. It's clever and he's funny.

On the other side, there's an ad I can't find on Youtube for the local Worlds of Fun theme park, which is a family sitting around the table communicating in screams. Fun.

Hi5 Kansas City buddy. Worlds of Fun has never had good commercials. Also gently caress them for removing the Orient Express. I don't care how many people could have died on it, that poo poo was fun.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Kruller posted:

Hi5 Kansas City buddy. Worlds of Fun has never had good commercials. Also gently caress them for removing the Orient Express. I don't care how many people could have died on it, that poo poo was fun.

I thought it was the Timber Wolf that killed somebody.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought it was the Timber Wolf that killed somebody.

It was, but that guy was an idiot. The Orient started derailing, much like these posts.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was pre-biased against them for thinking that first ad was a Hulu preview before seeing the Nokia logo.

Oh Dr. Spaceman, why can't you just join your friends in the brain-eating conspiracy?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

squarerandom posted:

So dominoes is hiring, as long as you can be good at their pizza making app. :wtc:

Read the fine print next time that spot comes on.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

This ad airs for a San Francisco theme park as well. It sucks especially because every family member in the ad has a weird face.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life

squarerandom posted:

Great for all the people who own Iphones/Ipads but are unemployed/makes less than $10 an hour??

Not sure those venn diagrams intersect.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Don't know if "The Cabin in the Woods" is any good, but gently caress it for bringing back one of the most annoying practices in Hollywood, which is having a commercial then cutting to people in the theater talking about how scary it is. :fuckoff:

Also there was a really terrible Cars.com ad earlier where it had some lady's hair having a second version of her face singing and it was just gently caress up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rirse posted:

Don't know if "The Cabin in the Woods" is any good
It's fantastic and everyone should see it. Those ads are annoying, but the movie itself is brilliant.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CapnAndy posted:

It's fantastic and everyone should see it. Those ads are annoying, but the movie itself is brilliant.

Seconded, go see it now; the forums will be here when you get back.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That's good to hear. Probably have to see it when it comes out on blu-ray. The earlier commercials did make it look very different from the typical horror movies, but the new batch are the generic kinds paint it generic or the above example.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
See it before you get spoiled, it's impossible to put into words without sounding idiotic and simultaneously ruining everything.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Industrial posted:

Great for all the people who own Iphones/Ipads but are unemployed/makes less than $10 an hour??

Not sure those venn diagrams intersect.

You'd be surprised!

When I was making less than $10, half my subordinates that made less than me were walking around with iphones and I had a broken EnV Touch. It was maddening.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sash! posted:

You'd be surprised!

When I was making less than $10, half my subordinates that made less than me were walking around with iphones and I had a broken EnV Touch. It was maddening.

Life… finds a way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

That's good to hear. Probably have to see it when it comes out on blu-ray. The earlier commercials did make it look very different from the typical horror movies, but the new batch are the generic kinds paint it generic or the above example.

Just saw it today and non-spoiler answer is that it is NOTHING like a typical horror movie and definitely worth checking out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really hate those Kayak.com ads where the fat lady shoots flares into her ceiling.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Cabin in the Woods is a comedy and a total joke of a horror movie. It's about as scary as Buffy the Vampire Slayer which makes sense since it's made by the same guy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Car insurance is not something you drink and thinking of what car insurance-flavored liquid would taste like is sickening. Geico needs to gently caress off with that.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I want to hate the new Wendy's commercials but they're not any worse than the old ones. Also that girl has pretty hair.
HOWEVER, this is pretty much all bad; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXuaN_IKT0
Saw it the first time this morning, and then throughout the day. This is going to be the bane of my existence.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 15, 2012

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

CapnAndy posted:

Car insurance is not something you drink and thinking of what car insurance-flavored liquid would taste like is sickening. Geico needs to gently caress off with that.

"This fruit punch is Geico. This raw sewage is our competitor. Oh, you like the fruit punch? That means Geico is better!"

The fact that some ad firm was paid millions of dollars to come up with the concept makes me ill.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Steak Justice posted:

I want to hate the new Wendy's commercials but they're not any worse than the old ones. Also that girl has pretty hair.
HOWEVER, this is pretty much all bad; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXuaN_IKT0
Saw it the first time this morning, and then throughout the day. This is going to be the bane of my existence.

Agree, nothing Wendy can produce will ever top the awful "Mr Wendy" from a few years ago. I miss Dave Thomas so much. Can someone post some great ads with him from the past?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey hey, me oh my oh SHUT THE gently caress UP METROPCS!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Attention american government: We get it. Smoking is bad and can gently caress you up. Either ban it or quit bitching about it while happily taking the tax revenue from it. Good grief these are annoying, and I'm not even a smoker.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DJExile posted:

Attention american government: We get it. Smoking is bad and can gently caress you up. Either ban it or quit bitching about it while happily taking the tax revenue from it. Good grief these are annoying, and I'm not even a smoker.

Those commercials are produced by the cigarette companies, so there's some incentive there to be annoying.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

raditts posted:

Those commercials are produced by the cigarette companies, so there's some incentive there to be annoying.

There's no way the cigarette companies have any involvement in those besides paying for them

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Just be thankful those truth.com douches aren't on anymore. I've very nearly been hospitalized due to injuries nearly sustained when having sudden realizations that I can't beat kick or strangle marketing-dept-created hipster shitbirds like that when they're on my TV screen and not right in front of me.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
I love Dean Winters as "Mayhem" in the Allstate commercials, especially in the new one where he is a dog protecting the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1FwOw1zIc

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Iron Crowned posted:

I know it's been discussed here before, but those Mio commercials creep me out more every time I see them. I suspect it's because of the sheer level of detail they put into them and I just notice more and more every time I see them.

Christ, yes, these are actually what I came here to post about. Someone needs to shoot the loving gazelle.

And, like someone mentioned earlier, Cars.com's singing head commercials. A singing tumor is trying to sell me something in an utterly infuriating way. Wonderful.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Angry Guacamole posted:

And, like someone mentioned earlier, Cars.com's singing head commercials. A singing tumor is trying to sell me something in an utterly infuriating way. Wonderful.

Speaking of, who the hell is this? I've seen it a ton lately and she's like some combination of Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel or something and it's driving me nuts :psyduck:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Normally I hate the Kayak.com commercials but this one cracked me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flov7Q6pQNk

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DJExile posted:

Speaking of, who the hell is this? I've seen it a ton lately and she's like some combination of Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel or something and it's driving me nuts :psyduck:

I thought they were the same person, much like Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

raditts posted:

These new anti-smoking ads are put out by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control). They won't ban it simply because of all the tax revenue they get. Sometimes, I think they should ban tobacco in hopes that America the Stupid will finally figure out that PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK. It didn't work for alcohol in the 1920s, and it isn't working for drugs now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This. This is the worst commercial on television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhae34rmLvM&feature=youtu.be

This commercial should end with the family staring at the waitress, then silently getting up and leaving. That's what I would do.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"Cuban, Cajun, raw sea--"MUTE

gently caress this commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

CapnAndy posted:

I've seen a lot of commercials I hate, or that I think are annoying, but this one is the stupidest of them all. Thank you for posting so I know other people are aware of how insanely moronic it is.