Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."
Oh poo poo, we're moving out of canon Mario moves. What could this mean!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

ZuljinRaynor posted:

i can only use
it every 24 hours

Reminds me of those racial skills in Elder Scrolls.

He clearly loves a little bit of Skyrim, and who can fault him?

Though I wish he'd played Demons/Dark Souls instead...

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
So where do Troll King's godlike powers come from anyway? Has there been background on this?

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Goatse Master posted:

So where do Troll King's godlike powers come from anyway? Has there been background on this?

Pure seething hatred for non-trolls. Not to mention he has been fighting for quite a long time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My pill has been sufficiently chilled.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know I've seen something like this in an anime, but for the life of me I just can't place the source.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
In Naruto (naruto!) a few of the characters can shoot black fire out of their eyes that spreads like normal fire but can't be put out until all fuel runs out; that's probably what your thinking of.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trans-Angeles posted:

Oh poo poo, we're moving out of canon Mario moves GBS. What could this mean!?

I didn't even notice this thread was moved to BSS until now.

Also, are we really sure there's never been a Mario game where blue fire was involved? There have been a whole lot of Mario games.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Scrree posted:

In Naruto (naruto!) a few of the characters can shoot black fire out of their eyes that spreads like normal fire but can't be put out until all fuel runs out; that's probably what your thinking of.

This strip is 90% anime tropes, which Naruto is also 90% of.

This includes turning the troll king from a "real troll" into a hairy anime.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

vyelkin posted:

Also, are we really sure there's never been a Mario game where blue fire was involved? There have been a whole lot of Mario games.

In Super Mario Galaxy the blue fire freezes stuff?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
gently caress yeah Mario is coming back

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Daionus the 23rd posted:

:allears: "Chill your pill" is my new favorite phrase.

I love it because what does it even mean?

Is my pill my head?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You guys need to stop saying those horrible things about anime right now. :colbert: It's art, you philistines.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

vyelkin posted:

TGT definitely belonged in the "Finer Arts"sub-forum from the beginning

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

where did chill your pill come from it's not said in any of these comics unless I missed one

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

skipThings posted:

TGT definitely belonged in the "Finer Arts"sub-forum from the beginning
I just hope this doesn't cut exposure for the thread too much. This thread already goes on life support every time lazerbot takes a break. I still want this crazy thing to hit it even bigger on the internet.
Ehhhh, I guess most people who post in this thread already have it bookmarked in their control panel though, so it'll still get an influx of new posts.

I'm hoping lazerbot will add in some of the other characters soon, cause this fight is still dragging on too long.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Krinkle posted:

where did chill your pill come from it's not said in any of these comics unless I missed one

lazerbot said it in a post on deviantart

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

I just hope this doesn't cut exposure for the thread too much. This thread already goes on life support every time lazerbot takes a break. I still want this crazy thing to hit it even bigger on the internet.

It got a page on Know Your Meme if that makes you feel any better.

Mr. Bonky
Jan 28, 2001

I am Bob posted:

lazerbot said it in a post on deviantart

Also, the phrase "Take a chill pill."

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
How the hell is Emerl's arm stronger than Emerl.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Redeadagain posted:

How the hell is Emerl's arm stronger than Emerl.

Troll King's body is stronger than Emerl's body, more chakra.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Hey guys, sorry I'm so late with this, but it was still a lot of fun. Plus, I finally caught up with the thread.

Some Lined Paper
Sep 2, 2011

JOHN: wait a minute!
JOHN: i forgot, trolls hate cleaning products for some alien reason! shit, that's going to make everyone so uncomfortable.

Aramek posted:

Hey guys, sorry I'm so late with this, but it was still a lot of fun. Plus, I finally caught up with the thread.

Yessssss this is absolutely fantastic. Great to have you back!

Edit: I had forgotten how great chapter 2 was. Holy poo poo.

Some Lined Paper fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 17, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Aramek posted:

Awesome! Guess what's getting animated as a motion comic soon guys!
EDIT: Oh man, from what I heard already, this is pure gold. Amazing job, man.
EDIT 2: Ahhhh, I'm half-way through and I'm practically crying laughing. This is so drat good. Spot-on Bugs, you even did the "goil" and "woiks" pronunciations!
EDIT 3: Shadow laughing is killing me, oh man.
EDIT 4: Phew, just finished. I need to catch my breath, that was incredible. You couldn't have done a better job, amazing impressions and there's even a hint of Bill Clinton in Elmer that I find hilarious.

I hate to ask you to do more this soon, but please continue with the rest of the series. This is our generation's Shakespeare and you are our master thespian.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 17, 2012

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aramek posted:

I'm kinda disappointed Wile E. Coyote doesn't show up outside of one panel now, drat.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Aramek posted:

This is glorious, and yeah, I too had forgotten how much great stuff was in chapter 2. I hate to say it, but I think the Mario/Troll King fight is the low point of the comic so far. The flashback to Mario killing his parents was amazing, but the actual fight has been going on way too long with not much happening. At least it looks like it will be getting resolved soon.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

I'm kinda disappointed Wile E. Coyote doesn't show up outside of one panel now, drat.

Same, that caught me totally by surprise and was incredible.

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!

Aramek posted:

Hooray! :allears:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

vyelkin posted:

Same, that caught me totally by surprise and was incredible.

That's very close to his official voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Lurdiak posted:

That's very close to his official voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

Yeah, that's what I was going for, but, as I was doing the whole thing in one sitting, it was hard to match that any closer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wow, only now did I get that a) the Troll Slaiyers intro scene is a Reservoir Dogs homage, and b) the guy with no ears might be ... uh.... an extension of the same reference. :psyduck:

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Aramek, I'm so glad you're still doing this!

Lazerbot, I'm so glad you're still doing this, too!

Sue fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 17, 2012

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I'm starting to agree that this is turning into an anime, because good god look at all those :words:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Oh gently caress you, troll king, you aren't superman, stop making up powers.

Vector 7
Sep 29, 2010

God drat it, what the gently caress is this poo poo? I want the wacky bizarre nonsense back, not this DBZ crap.

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt
If this guy gets anymore new super powers I'm gonna be mad :mad:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I'm taking the lack of punctuation to mean Troll King is just not shutting up. I love it.

This fight scene is dragging on but the Kario backstory was more than amazing enough to justify this.

E: Also, on the plus side it looks like Emerl's arm is blown up. I hope this means the Troll King can't use it for bullshit anymore.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 17, 2012

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

stegoceras posted:

If this guy gets anymore new super powers I'm gonna be mad :mad:

You should go have sex with your girl friend so you wont be so mad

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a word for a mary sue villain? Because he's really starting to look like a mary sue villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

Is there a word for a mary sue villain? Because he's really starting to look like a mary sue villain.

Villain Sue?

e: :siren:Yep.:siren:Warning: link goes to TV Tropes, abandon all hope ye who clicketh there.